Madigan Gill Employee Reviews

confusing
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Barnet, Greater London11 July 2019
they paid me late on my first job and i was not impressed to say the least.
Pros
better than being unemployed
Cons
late payments
Productive Workplace
Senior Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London7 July 2019
Great place and offers job security. Nice people to work with.
Possibility of going up on the career ladder.
Overall, one of the best logistics companies within the Construction Industry.
The Worst Agency Ever
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Park Royal, Greater London21 June 2019
I registered with this Agency a few weeks ago and all I can say is that they are THE WORST RECRUITMENT AGENCY I've ever came across. They don't care about their employees, any time you have an issue they are not picking up and the most important they never pay their employees on time, they are just a scam always making mistakes. They lie about duties, duration of contracts and also they threaten people over the phone. They are so unprofessional, they withhold payments for the hours I have already worked. I tried to contact them, but they won't reply back and also they wouldn't send me my payslip. They are so INCOMPETENT and they like to take advantage of people's desperation. STAY AWAY FROM MADIGAN GILL!!!
Pros
No pros
Cons
rude staff, thieves
Bla bla bla
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Ashford, Kent11 June 2019
Supervisor is a useless arrogant man with no people skills and is constantly on his phone and takes atleast 5 breaks! Takes the absolute mick out of the labourers! Absolute joke mate. Was supposed to be on £10.50ph turns out that was a lie and it’s £10.
Pros
Cons
Being ripped off with your wages
Labourer
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Uxbridge25 May 2019
Good agency working for them 3 months close to my home paid always on time good consultant they offer other jobs always i will recommend that agency in the future
Pros
Paid on time
Cons
No weekends work
Unprofessional
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Heathrow, Greater London15 May 2019
they pay well below london living wage. ~8.50
night shift is the same rate as day shift.
the office demands that you text them every half an hour as they have no reliable system to ensure work is done.
they will cancel work on you with little to no prior notice.
every time i have dealt with management or the office on the phone I find them to be fumbling and extremely emotional, angry people.
MadiganGill have issues good luck to all.
Great a work place
Logistics Manager, SMSTS, 1st Aider, Fire Marshal (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London1 May 2019
Great a work place and challenge for everyone. Great support, communication. Feedback as to relevant to improve your personal experience and attitude.
Worst of the worst, steer well clear
Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vauxhall, Greater London6 March 2019
I've yet to have a worse experience with any employment agency and I've worked for quote a few over the last 10 years, right so here's a list of negatoves:
- for labouring jobs they send 2 or 3 people on site although the site manager only requested one.
- you'll end up with texts late afternoon after you've accepted the job saying the job has been cancelled even tho it wasn't ( this probably happened to me like four times)
- they will force you to wear full orange PPE as a traffic Marshall although they don't provide it and you'll have to buy it yourself.
- average rates, they'll tempt you with a supposedly higher rate only to end up on site to learn you'll only get payed for 8 hours.
- consultants treat you like a sack of meat, they only hire ruthless foreign ones to shout down the phone should you have a problem.
- payment not always on time, I've had payments delayed for a week or more
- working as a Supervisor I've had little to no support from the agency as the consultants did not know what planet they're on, would never get my orders right nor on time always landing me in trouble and being really unreliable.
- if for whatever reason you've out their agency in a bad light you'll lose your job without being told why and you'll be accept for other jobs only told out of working hours not to attend site as the job has been cancelled.
DO NOT WORK FOR THEM EVEN IF ITS YOUR LAST CHOICE.
Pros
Cons
Modern slavery ethics, unresponsive, delayed payments.
good
labure (Former Employee) –  centrell london9 January 2019
7;30 start I larnd how to clean down a sit help others with lifting correctly packing off goods that come in on delivery

▪ Loading van for early start
▪ Driving to various locations in London
▪ Delivering and collecting sanitary bins
▪ Replacing air fresheners and vending machines from schools, hotels, office blocks
▪ Using a PDA to receive job locations
Pros
good brack times
Cons
staying lateon weekends
Uslesss agency
Not applicable (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London4 January 2019
Doesn't answer your calls but when they need someone for last minute cover they're you're best friend but will offer you low rates, have worked with people from their agency and they're all being paid way less than they're supposed to and I thought slavery in the UK was abolished.
Pros
That temporary false hope you get when they call your phone
Cons
Their existence
Great place to work with opportunities to progress
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth25 November 2018
Always enjoyed working for them, never had any problems with pay or management. Working within a team was crucial as the workload was huge but always enjoyed who I worked with and made the job a little more fun.
Productive, Fun
Compliance & Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  London12 November 2018
A culture of work hard, play hard. The Irish sense of culture and hard work is ubiquitous as management are mostly Irish born.

Out side their responsibilities to the success of the business, top management CEOs and directors are very easy to get along.

Their character permeates down through the ranks and creates a fantastic environment to work in.
Great atmosphere with a very encouraging team of support
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London7 November 2018
Madigan Gill was a great introduction to the work life for me and while it was only part time it will always remain vivid in my memory of work and how it should be .
Pros
Nice office, good pay
Good job
slinger signaller (Former Employee) –  Hayes, Greater London12 June 2018
Very Good agency , i’ve got a lot of experiance with them , and good relashionship with their team .
Payments in time with no delays , and good overtime payment
Hard work
Forklift driver (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth23 May 2018
Hard work Don’t lose your time with this agency. They pay me with 8 hrs less. I still waiting to receive a explanation but nothing yet. I don’t recommend
Despicable agency. Avoid
Former contractor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London27 April 2018
I have been messed about on two different occasions by these clowns. They lie about anything from length of the job to wages. I went to a site after being repeatedly begged by the owner to help him out in a tough situation, was refused access to my time sheets, so with no proof of having worked I did not get paid, disregarding of the number of times I called. And this is only one example. My advice is AVOID!
Stay away from madiganGill
Dumper Driver/Ground Worker (Former Employee) –  Westbury, Wiltshire23 April 2018
STAY AWAY!!!!

They mess you about with your wages I was ment to get paid at 10am then several times after I rang them at 16:30pm can’t even remember how many times I rang but they never sent my time sheets in after saying they did I ended up getting paid but not at the rate I was working for and they took loads of money as well I thought to give them a try after reading very bad reviews about wages and thought I would try but they done the same to me and they will do the same to everyone else!!
Productiv
Supervisor logistics and cleaner waste management (Former Employee) –  Canning Town Station13 March 2018
Am good worker and am doing my job properly .
I have experience in what am doing and i have knowledge about traffic management as well and am a hard worker
Pros
Good rate
Cons
Good hours
one of the best agency
Telehandler Driver (Current Employee) –  London28 February 2018
for now one of the best agency, always work, good rates, no extra charges, does what it says, I would be happy to work only with them if they can provide a job
Pros
no extra charges, good rates
Cons
Never work for this agency
Construction Worker (Former Employee) –  Tottenham1 February 2018
This is what happened to me:

1. They sent me on TWO different occasions to jobs by mistake. I got there and no one was expecting for me to be there.
They treat people very bad and DONT pay for your time if they send to a site by error.

2. They are not telling the truth about the job duration, I have been to a job that should be for 3 months and it lasted just a day !!!!!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Madigan Gill. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9