MacGregor Industrial Supplies

MacGregor Industrial Supplies Employee Reviews

United Kingdom6 reviews
Any problems they ignore u and make u feel unwanted. Management dont listen. And team leaders dont either... U feel invisible and unhappy.. Which is a shame because the company is so huge
Cons
Pay awful, management inept, company out to make money and don’t care about their staff. Proclaim to be a “family”. Let’s just say I’d hate a family like that! Ask for your opinion then penalize you as a troublemaker for voicing it.
I have worked at Macgregor Industrial Supplies for just over 4 years now and with the help of the company I feel I have gone from strength to strength, The company understands personal development and are always willing to allow staff to internally move jobs.

There is defiantly a family feel at MacGregors and all staff work well together.

Training is provided by the company and you feel you can freely ask for any training needs you might need.

You will see the Managing Director and members of the Senior Management Team jumping on a till to serve a customer or sweeping the floor/stocking the shelves in prep for new branches opening. They all muck in.

The best thing about the company is the people we work with and also how much the company care about our Customer Service, its our main priority and we will always have a can do will do attitude.

Overall great place to work I hope to be here for many many more years and achieve all that I can.
Pros
company discount
I was paid a bad wage that never changed in the two years I was there. At point I had trouble in store and I felt as if I received no help and was undermined because I wasn't getting this help
Pros
Short Hours
Cons
So little hours for so little pay was almost useless
It's a great place to work.
Some people have been there since 20-25 years!

They care about their staff. It's a very supportive place when people have problems.

We've had a bonus and a pay rise every year that I've been there.

I've done things that I never would have thought I would have done because my manager has given me the chances to take on new tasks.

My co-workers are great. We work hard but we also have fun.

We all help each-other.

The MD is great. There is no job that he wouldn't do including sweeping floors!

We have had a lot of change lately as the showroom has doubled in size.

If I was to think of any negative comment it would be if you don't like change, it's not the place to be as it is changing all the time as it gets bigger.

Parking can be difficult if you leave a space at lunchtime it will be gone when you come back!
Pros
Family feeling, good chances to learn, banter, bonus.
Cons
Parking
They are a growing business with a sound base and a great M.D.
It is a nice place to work with a great bunch of people working with you.

I have a dynamic and enigmatic boss. He too has one.

A company that works hard to maintain it's well deserved reputation
Pros
Ask a question about working or interviewing at MacGregor Industrial Supplies. Our community is ready to answer.
2.3