Mace Employee Reviews

great place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northern Ireland20 August 2018
enjoyed my time working here, bosses were always so family friendly and understood that i needed to have my days off together to enjoy time with my family
culture
Fire & Safety Marshal (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands11 June 2018
its ok but there could be room for improvement when it comes to people workin together

management can be a bit strict in terms of behaving like they are above u
Busy place
Sale assistant (Former Employee) –  Derry8 May 2018
I found my time at the mace was very good for me as it showed me the ability to work on my own and act very quickly when needed as it was a really busy shop.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
It is very productive but not fun
Shop assistant (Current Employee) –  Northern ireland11 March 2018
I dont get paid a good wage and i find it hard to work with some of the staff. The customers are very friendly and make my job a lot easier. I dont get breaks as i work 4 hour shifts
Pros
Ive a job
Cons
Bad pay and hours
Productive and fun workplace
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scotland7 January 2018
Started early in the morning, would replenish the shelves, clean floors. Greet costumers and guide costumers to the things they need. Organise the storage and packages at the back of the shop.
Pros
Greeting costumers
Cons
Cleaning
enjoyable
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire10 December 2017
I enjoy working as part of a team there, the other employees are very polite and kind. I enjoy the fact that I meet new people everyday. Although the hours can be long and the pay in low.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Low pay
gfdzg
sdfij (Former Employee) –  dfsjfh1 November 2017
It is a great place to work and it offers great work to life balances it offers great benefits to those who work there and it is a great enviorm,ent to
Not a bad place to work.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Kilbarrack, County Dublin28 October 2017
My review of my time in mace kilbarrack was a good/great experience.
I got to learn a lot of tools and had fun meeting lots of new people.
We did a fun day to raise some money for the company which went very well.
productive learning experience
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Donaghmore15 October 2017
A typical day would consist of being in charge of opening the shop in the morning. Then serving members of the public all day which I really enjoyed. I was also in charge of training any new staff and putting orders in for new stock.
Pros
good management
great workplace
Paper Boy (Former Employee) –  Dromara21 September 2017
the mace is a very good place to work, the staff are very friendly and helpul.
it provides good training opportunities and is a very fun place to work
Pros
free lunch
Cons
lunch is terrible
Being that friendly helpful face for customers
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim31 July 2017
Really enjoyed serving the public. This job was demanding in terms of keeping the levels to stock at the correct levels to ensure customer satisfaction and store space etc. The main duties were helping customers, placing orders, shelf merchandising an staff management.
Health and safety was another key factor as the whole store had to be kept cleaned, tidy and safe at all times. This involved cleaning and sanitizing shelves, food area's and fridges daily. brushing & mopping floors to ensure good hygiene.
A lot of my time was spent managing the stock control side and delegation of tasks to other staff whilst helping customers with any queries they may have.
Pros
Happy helping customers at every opportunity
Cons
Did not pay too well
just a great place to work
cashier and shelf stocking (Current Employee) –  blackpool18 July 2017
Typical day at work is spending time the stock on the shelfs stays full that IS our aim I enjoy working here because you meet new people every day and get to expand your skills while enjoying your job.
Pros
free food
Good workplace.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Douglas, Isle of Man30 June 2017
I learnt exactly how to work the till. The hardest part of the job was doing the lottery machine. The most enjoyable part was meeting all the customers. The Management was good.
Pros
Got only a 30 minute break.
Cons
Short hours
productive workplace
Shop Assistant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Galbally14 June 2017
this was a great place to work in regards to socialising with the local community and create friendships with people. the work was very basic and was pleasing to be a part of it.
Fun
Paper Boy (Former Employee) –  Yeovil, Somerset9 June 2017
I had lots of fun talking to the costumer, it was a fantastic place to work in. I had a good experience with the job, bieng a paper boy is very fun to do.
A very friendly company
Senior Risk Manager, International Capital Project (Current Employee) –  London5 June 2017
As Senior Risk Manager , I'm Part of the Consultancy team, we are not base at Mace London. We move around to support different clients in their project deliverable. It's dynamic job, you move around a lot.
Pros
great risk team
Cons
we do long hours due to weekly travels to Europe or other continent
Enjoyable place to work
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lambeg, Lisburn24 May 2017
I done work experience here when I was sixteen for school work. After the week of work experience I was offered a lot of Cover work for the shop, often where I'd have been given bonuses by the shop manager for good work. Everybody was friendly and it was a pleasure working for this company.
Pros
Friendly staff and a good social environment
Great company to work for
Assistant Building Surveyor (Current Employee) –  Winchester, Hampshire10 May 2017
Really good company great benefits. Really good support for trainees aswell and the people are really approachable. Definitely would recommend to any other people looking for a new job
Excellent work lifestyle and experience I gained.
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Moorgate8 May 2017
Monitoring all office procedures and activities, providing required support for smooth movement of project, supporting a team of 60 members
• Delegating work to team members, managing their workload, performance and reporting performances to Project Director
• Monitoring two project secretaries and conducting weekly meetings in order to meet targets and deadlines
• Budget management- involved in relocation of London office to Denmark. Therefore I dealt with various agencies and companies for cheaper relocation services. Researched and obtained great deals with in country suppliers for office supplies i.e. stationeries, internet connectivity, mobile data plans, electrical maintenance, car rentals, canteen services, cleaning agents, providing kitchen supplies etc
• Personal Assistant support to Project Director – Diary management, scheduling meetings, car, flight and accommodation bookings, completing timesheets and expenses, authorizing staff timesheets and expenses on behalf of my Project Director
Pros
Travel and secondment
Cons
Can be very time consuming
decent
Traffic Management Operative (Former Employee) –  Bracknell16 April 2017
ORGANISED, AND HELPFULL IT IS A nice place to work , having food on site was a bnus this made me fel hally and then I also wanted to eat cake and they made it for me