M&Co. Employee Reviews

Awful
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Whitehaven15 July 2019
Awful place to work, you’re just a number. Bend over backwards and get no thanks. Would NOT recommend working here. Perks are awful and managers are horrendous, if you’re not at the top , you’re nothing.
Cons
It was a fun place to work and had a great team
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Henley on Thames, Oxfordshire22 May 2018
It was a fun place to work. Fun atmosphere. Great range of employees and was a great way to earn a bit of money. It was a very friendly place to work and a lot of our customers where regulars and was nice to see that they recognise you and that you can have a nice conversation with them
Pros
Got to work in my home town
Cons
I could only work on Saturday
fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Forfar15 May 2018
fun, brilliant place to work. everyone got along. management were always understanding when things were tough. holidays were always granted. overall a lovely place
Pros
great
Cons
dgh
Not worth the hassle
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Durham, Durham18 February 2018
I can only speak for myself and I felt like my needs were never met as far as shifts working around family life.
My contracted hours were not always met and I was told there was nothing I could do about it!
My hard work went unnoticed and my occasional shortcomings were highlighted publicly!
Pros
Some staff became great friends
Amazing work place.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tewkesbury12 February 2018
All staff were professional and friendly, my manager would listen and provide help if needed, the customers were friendly and lovely to help. overall a good place to work for.
Terrible place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London20 November 2017
The management do not care for the staff. Bad place to work. Pay is terrible. The ceo especially doesn’t care. Made several complaints but never pays any attention to it. Likes to think they’re M&S but a cheap old fashioned version of it.
Pros
Holidays
Friendly, welcoming.
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Gosport, Hampshire11 September 2017
The day to day running of the place was the same most days, making sure every customer was welcomed and helped when needed. All stock was to look fresh and appealing and re-plenished at all times. Loved working at the gosport branch my colleagues were like family. I enjoyed the merchandising part of the job as loved making the clothes looking appealing for different types of customer. Window displays were also good fun as liked to make the shop stand out.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Wasnt enough full time positions at the time.
Fun and easy grasp
Retail (Former Employee) –  Knutsford13 May 2017
Learned a varied set of skill within clothes retail. These included the tagging of cloths, the greeting of people at the front door, and making sure clothes were on their correct size hangers. I felt comfortable working with everyone else and due to this there wasn't a piece of work that I felt any difficulty to.
ok as a stop gap
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  South West11 May 2017
The job is more than simply serving at the till. You are responsible for restocking your own department and all the others when you have finished. Each week you have reems of paperwork stating which are best sellers (you need to know everything on that list) and also promotions which have to be individually checked off according to the stock number. There are also orders to process, store card to promote, targets to achieve on every shift and rearranging the shop floor for new stock. It can be a very full on day. I have been paid better in previous jobs that required less demanding tasks to completed in one shift.
Pros
1 hour lunch if working a full shift
Cons
not being able to plan ahead because the rota was never done
Great if you like low pay for hard work
Floor Manager (Former Employee) –  Scotland28 April 2017
Management wage terrible - no payrise in over 3yrs
No work life balance
Unpaid overtime but Area Manager moans if you date take the time back
Unorganised - change everything last minute
Put you through training, build you up, never follow through with their promises then move onto next one...this wasn't just me either. So I left, walked into a better job & doubled my salary.
Pros
Some nice staff
Cons
Unpaid OT, ridiculous bonus targets
Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Crowborough, East Sussex27 April 2017
The team is wonderful to work with and the atmosphere is enjoyable. I've learnt many skills whilst I have worked there like retail and customer service and how to use a till.
Pros
Working with a nice team
Cons
Unpaid lunch breaks
Nice workplace
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Paisley, Renfrewshire20 April 2017
Stress free job.
Requires a lot of hardwork and cooperation
People are nice and respect you but they want to work all the time even during christmas holidays.
Unhappy Work environment
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Yorkshire and Humberside25 February 2017
I have to agree with the former managers review on here. Management issues led to poor working conditions, an unhappy working environment, a fractured work team & a lack of support. Seems to be a quick turn over of staff due to problems.
Pros
lovely customers / good sales offers / nice clothing
Cons
irregular shifts, management issues
Friendly and helpful staff.
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Whitchurch, Shropshire7 February 2017
friendly colleagues, helpful in guiding general day to day workings of a store. How to receive deliveries and returns. Health and safety within warehouse, loading bay and shop floor. security measures for staff and customers. tagging of products and pricing, price checking. facing of products in store and general cleanliness of work area.
Pros
Friendly helpful colleagues
Cons
on feet majority of day
Stores
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Scotland11 January 2017
Working for the store is great although the targets and long hours are unrealistic and tiring head office should be more leanent and understanding to the hard work stores put in
Pros
Pension scheme
Cons
Unrealistic time schedule for stores to complete tasks
working for this company has provided their employees with the opportunity to progress within thier stores
Store Manageress (Current Employee) –  Kettering28 October 2016
unfortunately this company is now going to close its store in wellingborough, I started with the company as a sales assistant and went on to become store manageress
Pros
staff discounts, training and customer service
Cons
long hours for the management staff