Müller Employee Reviews

bad people and very bad management.
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Telford, Shropshire21 January 2019
I chose these over 5 other jobs which are now gone. unfortunately i was in and out of hospital really ill, completely unexpected with a bowel cancer scare awaiting results and having a ridiculous amount of horrible tests, they had all notes and a personal letter off my doctor and decided to release me while I was off. but kept a girl who injured her back on a night out and was off for 2 months just because her mom worked there. No words
people i worked with were good, eveything else was terrible.
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Bridgwater, Somerset11 January 2019
Because of how they work out the hours, I earned £1400 less than minimum wage a year. Conditions were awful. Health and safety was a joke Only good thing I can say is that the people I worked with were good.
Pros
Cons
everything
Long tedious hours, no life
Franchise Designate (Former Employee) –  Cornwall11 December 2018
It was 6 years had a franchise, was a nightmare keeping customers, took on more villages to make a decent living but hours were long, quite a lot of rural areas in Cornwall, average 10 hr day 6 nights a week, get a few hours sleep, then count money and go to bank, manager at the time showed no empathy broke down loads of times, would start at 10pm as muller expected us to deliver the last pint by 7am, still had an hours drive back to the depot,
Muller w focus too much on what the customer wants, but its the overworked milkman that has to provide the service
Pros
Xmas tips
Cons
Long tedious lonely.. No life
People are good to work with
Senior Management Support/Transport Administration (Former Employee) –  Burgess Hill, West Sussex27 November 2018
I made a lot of friend here and felt that you could talk openly to managers and colleagues alike.

there was a good feeling in the workplace to which everyone enjoyed going to work.
Terrible Management and Training
IT Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  East Kilbride, South Lanarkshire7 November 2018
You're asked to support new tools and systems that were briefed to you a minimum of 4 months prior to its implementation, so when the time comes to help a user you're clueless as to how the system/tool works. You're only shown how things work form a user's perspective, not how you should approach troubleshooting. This becomes particularly difficult at 3AM in the morning whilst on-call and it's almost impossible to contact anyone in 3rd line.

After handing my notice in to Muller, my line manager fell out with me for the remainder of my time at the company. I was completely ignored and even left out of team briefs, despite the fact I still had a few weeks left with the company.

When it comes to salaries, I'm not sure how Muller work this out. People with more experience than myself started on a lesser wage, people with no experience started on a much higher wage. Sometimes this was the difference of £4k
Pros
Free milk and yogurts
Cons
Management, training, on-call process
Time wasters
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire26 October 2018
Went for a interview at there Foston site on October 12th. I was not booked in to go on site so a manager passing the gate house had to telephone head office so I could enter the site.

I had the interview, where I was offered the job by the manager there and then. I explained I had to work a week's notice at my current job. He told me in that case to start a week on Monday, and that I would get a phone call from HR in the next 2 hours.

That afternoon I went into work and handed my notice in and went off on a family holiday thinking that when I came back I would be starting on the Monday.

I heard nothing from HR and spent all my holiday chasing them with excuses like " she's not at her desk", "she's working from home today" or " I'll get her to call you back". This has gone on for 2 weeks.

I have now been told I should not of been offered the job because there was not one there.

I would just like to thank Muller for now being employed and now having no money coming in. If they would like to come round and explain why to my 3 children that would be great!
Pros
Never got to find out
Cons
HR are a joke
Productive and fun place
Laboratory Analyst (Former Employee) –  Stonehouse, Gloucestershire28 August 2018
A typical day at work is quite busy and organized. I have learnt the process of having safe milk in our supermarkets. The controls, the quality, and all the tests for consuming milk. It is a busy and stressful environment, always with a nice team that helps when required. The hardest part of the job could be the point to have all the job done on time. It is a good challenge, every day is different. There is no time to be bored.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the tests. You need to know all the different test for each product and I love it.
Bottle supply operative
Bottle supply op (Former Employee) –  Trafford Park, Greater Manchester11 June 2018
Shocking place to work no English they tell you to go faster. Poor management how don’t seem to give a monkeys apart from watching you all the time and jumping down your throat if your late. Wouldn’t recommend was so ever. I resigned. Horrible place
Pros
None long hours
Cons
It’s like slavery and 12 hour
Was fun
Warehouseman (Former Employee) –  Bristol21 May 2018
It was first time to work at the warehouse I was thinking to try the warehouse to get experience of the ware house and it was nice and fun because there were relative and friends work there.
Bullying management
Gatehouse Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Bridgwater, Somerset22 April 2018
There is a culture of bullying from the site manager downwards . Ridiculous disciplinary procedures , people constantly being dismissed. Heavy drinking culture in the Gatehouse team whilst at work .
Cons

Want to know more about Müller?

Ask a question
Don't do it to yourself!
Engineering (Former Employee) –  Taunton, Somerset10 April 2018
Engineering side hard without investment, which is reduced each year, little training.

Left because group consultation period. All being made redundant and have to reapply for job positions.
Which is pleasant.

People great, but senior management seem little trained or experienced for the work involved.

What ever they do, remember it's about fmcg out the door, nothing else matters.
Pros
People. Varied work.
Cons
Management on a 5 year plan, which you have no influence over, even when they say you do!
Not nice place to work
Dog Walker (Former Employee) –  Droitwich28 March 2018
Muller is not a good place to work. You are bullied and threatened with disciplinary action for stupid things.
The management are hopeless they don't care about employers only their bonuses at end of month.
If your face don't fit then they treat you disrespectful.
Pros
Cons
Bad workplace
Rediculous expectations
Franchise milkman (Current Employee) –  Ipswich, Suffolk26 March 2018
Muller, has decided to implement work idea without really thinking it through, because middle management are to scared of losing there jobs, how about this all milkman/persons must finish by 7 am not matter what time they start or how far you have to travel, or how many customers you have, this is none negotiable,
Not only are we working 10 hours a day 6 days week, driving any where up 90 miles a day 300 drops doing the accounts for each one ,billeddirect debits , doing on line drops,leaving leaflets, starting at before midnight then they want you to finish the last drop by 7 am, this is just under 7 hours, any idiot knows this cannot be done safely, this is working in the dark, they don't care about work life balance for there employees anymore, if you don't like it, then leave. Profit only they don't seem to care,, franchise, milk persons stuck in four year contract not entitled to any holidays, sick pay, 3 months notice if you want to leave, cost you £75 a day if you are off sick, but very different rules for managed rounds not franchise, yet franchise rounds are management bread and butter, but no one cares, anymore, I worked as milk person for over 40 years watched how its changed, I know we have to save this great British tradition of door step delivery, but surely Muller can do this with out forgetting there bread and butter I.e milk persons working ridiculous hours now being told to do it faster 3 hours faster! To do it any quicker would involve speeding, running with glass bottles, keeping this up for 10 hours day six days a week, still would not finish by 7 am totally
  more... nuts. If they want 7 am finish then they need to restructure the rounds so every one is equal which is not possible, so which bright nut came up with the rediculous idea that all milk persons much finish a 7 am  less
Pros
Pay
Cons
Long hours unreasonable requests, don't hear you, don't care no compromise
Not a good work place
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Wakefield10 March 2018
Management is very poor they don’t have a clue how to run the business. You get treated like your a baby and spoke to like your back in high school. Management gets to there head same with supervisors, most don’t have a clue what there doing. They complain when they do there walk around when they see abit of milk on the floor when there are posters round the site saying don’t cry over spilt milk. I would avoid working for this company so poorly run and need a long hard look at It i need to get out of here!!!
Cons
Good pay but need to do the hours
HGV Driver (Current Employee) –  East Kilbride, South Lanarkshire20 January 2018
Jobs ok, management arent interested. it feels like muller are more interested in down south as they are closing everything in scotland and bellshill is run into the ground
Pros
pay
Cons
everything else
Class 2 Multidrop driving
Class 2 Driver (Current Employee) –  Ashford, Kent11 January 2018
Typical day starts at 4 am.
Multi drop experience.
Very good Health and Safety standards.
The hardest part -early start.
The most enjoyable - good atmosfere.
Cons
Not that good payment.
Management in finance is weak
Accounts clerk (Current Employee) –  Aldershot16 December 2017
The mangers in finance were junior manager at Unigate, they have been promoted well above their ability .
The work ethic is lazy start late finish early
Pros
Restaurant
Cons
No leadership
Milk and more
Ex franchise (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands6 December 2017
Here at milk and more Wolverhampton we have new employees working part time and earning full time wages. It's a complete farce. I had to resign as a franchise roundsman because of falling wages. I do not understand the ethics of this new company. Muller higher management haven't got a clue what is going on at local depots.
Pros
None as a franchise
Cons
New employees part time for full time wage
Challenging but rewarding
Repackaging Department Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Market Drayton12 November 2017
An ever changing work place that offer excellent benefits for the right people. It is a challenging environment to work in with very high standards that must be maintained at all times.
Makes you feel like your a robot.
Milkman (Former Employee) –  Taunton, Somerset5 November 2017
So when you start your meant to train for 6 weeks with someone who know’s where they are going. I had 9 days and then chucked on a round with someone that didn’t no anything.
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
No life, No training, long nights, no help from managers, loads of back chat around the yard.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Müller. Our community is ready to answer.