Lyreco Employee Reviews

Horrible management
Advisor (Former Employee) –  Telford, Shropshire12 June 2018
Don’t expect your job to last there. Management are always looking for ways to get rid of anyone as fast as they can if your face doesn’t fit.
Ruthless HR dept that is run by witches
Don’t bother going to work there
Pros
Good canteen for lunch
Cons
Bad managers
Field sales rep
Account manager, managing and progressing accounts (Former Employee) –  Leeds12 March 2018
Spent growing existing and bringing on new business.
Cold calling to any business size to bring on new customers, knowing my competition and products knowledge helped to achieve great results. We were a very close team and I regularly supported new reps teaching them about lyreco as a company and the easiest way to approach a cold call.
Not enjoyable
Field Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  northern Ireland2 March 2018
Not enjoyable. unreal pressure. you are expected to hound customers to spend more....call and recall to open new business. you are micro managed and swamped with phone calls from your manager and countless reports. No breathing space....don't deliver from day 1 and you are out the door. Expect long hours in evening updating your tablet.
Pros
discounted stationery
Cons
expensive car...long hours...micro managed.
Target driven
Senior Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Scotland7 February 2018
To driven by sales and don’t think to much on how the customer wants to be visited, margin is a big just as important if not more so than sales. Managers that have done the field role understand the job.
Pros
Company car
Cons
Constant chasing customers
hard work but fun place to work
Line worker (Former Employee) –  donnington telford5 December 2017
Was a hard place to work had to make sure all orders were out on time and correct.
I found a lot of my fiends from working there, the hours were long but I enjoyed it.
Enjoyable and people friendly
Van driver (Former Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire2 November 2017
Although i didnt work hers for long i found the employees were easy to get along with and always willing to lend a hand to help in any areas as in map reading locations and ways to loading your vehicle also management were very helpful and down to earth very approachable company.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Potential long hours traffic depending
Easy Worklife
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Telford24 September 2017
The work life for me here was easy to get by and quick to learn, but job security is not something to expect. Great for short term work if that is what you require.
company with good benefits
Customer Service Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Telford29 August 2017
I worked hard for 28 years and was very loyal however management support is lacking, communication is poor and they can be very insular in some cases
benefits
Cons
No support
Training and experience gained
Team Leader Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Telford, Shropshire29 August 2017
Very busy call centre, lack of support to leaders, leading a team when under pressure, enjoyed the targets and working on leading systems , nice people
Benefits
Cons
No support
Former senior sales exec
Territory Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire17 June 2017
There are lots of reviews you should read before joining this company. You will be expected to cold call and open new biz accounts all the time. Pester customers for more sales. The managers will hound you and front up on your area or in your driveway. My old team if 9 have all left. Good to use them for CV stability then leave them after 2 years and go to something better as in one of the suppliers Bic or Canon etc. That said, if there is a vacancy there and you get through the interview process. Do NOT add your manager on your Facebook or LinkedIn. Be smart. They will soon have you on a disciplinary if the results are not there. They will say it's to support you but wake up folks a DP or PIP perf improve plan is often the end of the road or the start of it.
Pros
None.
Cons
Many.

Want to know more about Lyreco?

Ask a question
Tough people to work for
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  chshire26 April 2017
didnt enjoy my time with this company and im not sure that i really want to go into detail. You will need to get more details from people who are going to speak favourably about this company. All I want is to apply for jobs
Pros
nice car
Cons
people are not nice
Dont Bother...
Mid Market Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Field Based11 January 2017
What a shocking company. I joined with the promise of advancement and Award winning training. None of this is possible with the inept management that run the sales area. I had a manager that new lass than me. A head of division that didn't know how to use linked in. When I asked for support on appointments my manage always canceled last minute, The process to get prices is so long winded that your customer looses interest. There are better companies and better places to work. AVOID
good place to work
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Telford2 November 2016
the hardest part of my job is that it is repetitive, very hard calls at times and not enough support. It is a good place to work, friendly. how ever you work till finish and you don't get paid, most evenings is about 10 to 15 mins over. But on the whole a good company to work for who believes in it's customers.
Pros
bonus
Cons
not enough training for new starters
Poor Management
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Telford27 October 2016
The people here are great, unfortunately the same can not be said for the management. The work is pretty unremitting and the late shift hours are horrible. The benefits, healthcare, pension, etc are good, but don't make up for downsides.
Pros
Good people and benefits
Cons
Late shift (6pm til 2am) and poor management.
Good to work for
Driver Mate (Current Employee) –  warrington17 September 2016
My job is to build office furniture such as canteen tables secretarial desks pedestals chairs and also do multi drop to customers with office supplies like paper and any other stationary also driving short and long wheel base vans working for agency
Pros
Early start
good company
Field Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Hampshire3 June 2016
field sales representative

good company thatpays well unfortunately trade overall is in decline

management unfortunately hadn't worked in the role before so found it hard to understand what was happening
leicester depot is run by hitler
Multi Drop Driver (Former Employee) –  Leicester15 January 2016
has got to be the worst job I have ever had in my time of driving.. paid 8 hours a day, expected to work 10..wanted to lay the manager out every time I seen him, so rude to drivers,put more drops on your round, and knowing you would be back late, no days of in leu
Pros
dont have to see hitler no more
Cons
wanted to drop the manager
worst company i have ever worked for
Multi-Drop Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Leeds, ENG18 December 2015
encourages employees to break the law,pays 8hrs per day 6.30-1430 impossible to have a proper dinner break,
and never getting back for 14.30 so you are working for free.rip of merchants.
Pros
nothing
Cons
constant stress
busy & productive
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Telford, ENG8 October 2015
working to time schedule but still keeping it enjoyable good friendly multi cultural work force long hours reasonable pay
Best Practice always
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  London North14 August 2015
Always stick to best practice.
Managing existing Accounts and prospecting for New and reactivated Accounts by cold calling and regular visits. I negotiate and win good margins by setting agreed price with my clients for a period of time, whilst also winning new lines/adding new products to there regular use lists. 20 calls per via booked appointment on 5 weekly rotational visits.

Report Daily to Patch
Face to Face visits to Clients
Cold Calling/Prospecting
Setting New Prices and Fixing price offers
Attending regular meetings and functions
Driving and delivering Catalogue and New Business Flyers.
Admin and Talk through New Business Ideas
Pros
Fuel
Cons
Parking fine

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lyreco. Our community is ready to answer.

Lyreco Reviews by Location