Lyreco Employee Reviews

Nice people - poor wages
General ledger accounts assistant (Current Employee) –  Telford28 October 2018
The atmosphere in the office is friendly and very helpful.

Its wonderful if you are not the only wage in the household.

The salary's are below average at best.
Pros
Working with nice people
Cons
Below average pay all around
Very long days
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Crawley27 December 2014
I am currently a assistant manager at Crawley. I started as a driver. I leave on the 31st of December. Having done this job since opening 4 months ago. The job itself takes a lot out of you , mentally and physically. The very long hours are a killer , so you need to be very committed. The company offers salary with job and finish , but most of the time this is unrealistic. The Crawley branch is miles away from being set up properly. But I am sure after about a year and a few changes of people, it will become fully productive and offer a realistic chance of doing your contracted hours.
Pros
The company offers good Training to improve your future.
Cons
Very long hours, Early starts, Pay structure for the hours you actually work. I averaged 56 hours per week.
A good company gone bad
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Telford, Shropshire23 June 2018
All about productivity. No investment in, or training of Warehouse staff. Low morale, no incentives, high staff turnover. Unreasonable, uncaring and uninterested supervisors.
It did used to a good company to work for! Where do it all go wrong?
Pros
Pay wages on time / medical insurance
Cons
Unrealistic work expectations / dirty warehouse / no carrot, lots of stick.
Horrible management
Advisor (Former Employee) –  Telford, Shropshire12 June 2018
Don’t expect your job to last there. Management are always looking for ways to get rid of anyone as fast as they can if your face doesn’t fit.
Ruthless HR dept that is run by witches
Don’t bother going to work there
Pros
Good canteen for lunch
Cons
Bad managers
Not enjoyable
Field Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  northern Ireland2 March 2018
Not enjoyable. unreal pressure. you are expected to hound customers to spend more....call and recall to open new business. you are micro managed and swamped with phone calls from your manager and countless reports. No breathing space....don't deliver from day 1 and you are out the door. Expect long hours in evening updating your tablet.
Pros
discounted stationery
Cons
expensive car...long hours...micro managed.
company with good benefits
Customer Service Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Telford29 August 2017
I worked hard for 28 years and was very loyal however management support is lacking, communication is poor and they can be very insular in some cases
benefits
Cons
No support
Training and experience gained
Team Leader Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Telford, Shropshire29 August 2017
Very busy call centre, lack of support to leaders, leading a team when under pressure, enjoyed the targets and working on leading systems , nice people
Benefits
Cons
No support
Poor Management
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Telford27 October 2016
The people here are great, unfortunately the same can not be said for the management. The work is pretty unremitting and the late shift hours are horrible. The benefits, healthcare, pension, etc are good, but don't make up for downsides.
Pros
Good people and benefits
Cons
Late shift (6pm til 2am) and poor management.
Enjoyable and people friendly
Van driver (Former Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire2 November 2017
Although i didnt work hers for long i found the employees were easy to get along with and always willing to lend a hand to help in any areas as in map reading locations and ways to loading your vehicle also management were very helpful and down to earth very approachable company.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Potential long hours traffic depending
Field sales rep
Account manager, managing and progressing accounts (Former Employee) –  Leeds12 March 2018
Spent growing existing and bringing on new business.
Cold calling to any business size to bring on new customers, knowing my competition and products knowledge helped to achieve great results. We were a very close team and I regularly supported new reps teaching them about lyreco as a company and the easiest way to approach a cold call.
Easy Worklife
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Telford24 September 2017
The work life for me here was easy to get by and quick to learn, but job security is not something to expect. Great for short term work if that is what you require.
Great Company
Senior Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Telford30 January 2015
Great company but with limited opportunities to move onwards and upwards. Good salary and friendly working environment.
Target driven
Senior Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Scotland7 February 2018
To driven by sales and don’t think to much on how the customer wants to be visited, margin is a big just as important if not more so than sales. Managers that have done the field role understand the job.
Pros
Company car
Cons
Constant chasing customers
Dont Bother...
Mid Market Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Field Based11 January 2017
What a shocking company. I joined with the promise of advancement and Award winning training. None of this is possible with the inept management that run the sales area. I had a manager that new lass than me. A head of division that didn't know how to use linked in. When I asked for support on appointments my manage always canceled last minute, The process to get prices is so long winded that your customer looses interest. There are better companies and better places to work. AVOID
Cons
lyreco expects to much for to little
driver (Current Employee) –  england9 June 2013
paid £1500 a year for 40 hours a week,so anything over the 40 hours you get nothing extra.. most weeks are 45 to 50 hours easy..
they have a red naughty book,which you get put in and its then read out at a drivers meeting,which is at the start of your shift,so by the end your runing late,so its your time,not theirs at the end of the day,sales reps takes on drops without veiwing them,and some drops take 20 mins each,so if you have 20 boxes of a4 copy paper,and their point of del is 3 flights of stairs up,you have to take them up..and your expected to do 40 a day,or more,and this is after you have routed up,loaded up,and then go out and do them,all in 8 hours.and if you go in early,your not allowed to put it down on paper..so if you start at 6am,you have to put down 6.30am..WTD out the window
Pros
its a job
Cons
long hours, other rounds drops, silly meetings, hitler boss
Former senior sales exec
Territory Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire17 June 2017
There are lots of reviews you should read before joining this company. You will be expected to cold call and open new biz accounts all the time. Pester customers for more sales. The managers will hound you and front up on your area or in your driveway. My old team if 9 have all left. Good to use them for CV stability then leave them after 2 years and go to something better as in one of the suppliers Bic or Canon etc. That said, if there is a vacancy there and you get through the interview process. Do NOT add your manager on your Facebook or LinkedIn. Be smart. They will soon have you on a disciplinary if the results are not there. They will say it's to support you but wake up folks a DP or PIP perf improve plan is often the end of the road or the start of it.
Pros
None.
Cons
Many.
Going nowhere fast....
Marketing Administrator (Former Employee) –  Telford, ENG3 July 2014
During the working day I would be allocated a number of quotations that needed to be processed in relation to sourcing specialist stationary products for clients.
I learned how to use the SAP system and gained a great knowledge of the product market, as well as where to source particular products.
I found the management they had a very much if the face fits approach and favourtism within the department which meant progression was difficult,
I got on with some of the co-workers here, but again there was a lot of favouritism within the teams.
The hardest part of the job was finding alternative products for customers where things were out of stock, or orders had been delayed.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the variety of requests that we would get in from customers
Cons
No progression
Good company to work for
Senior Sales Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes/Leighton Buzzard4 June 2014
If it wasn't for all the paperwork and a target for every part of your business, I would never have left. I found it difficult to earn the commission toward the end of my career. Top earners will do well though. Great company to work for if you work hard at it
Pros
Lots of perks
Cons
targets can be tedious
hard work but fun place to work
Line worker (Former Employee) –  donnington telford5 December 2017
Was a hard place to work had to make sure all orders were out on time and correct.
I found a lot of my fiends from working there, the hours were long but I enjoyed it.
busy & productive
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Telford, ENG8 October 2015
working to time schedule but still keeping it enjoyable good friendly multi cultural work force long hours reasonable pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lyreco. Our community is ready to answer.

Lyreco Reviews by Location