Lyons Davidson Solicitors Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
The people are great but not the money.
Legal Services Contact Officer (Current Employee) –  New Malden25 April 2018
We are currently having a lot of restructures and redundancies so it's made the atmosphere in the office rather weird. I am only really leaving because I am being made redundant.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Lower the average pay
Employer to avoid
Claimant Personal Injury Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, Devon2 February 2018
There is no respect for work/life balance, no recognition for working longer or putting in extra effort. Upper management are disconnected from the realities of the real job and are have no regard for employees other than their ability to line their pockets. Statistics driven.
Pros
Work Collegues
Cons
High Stress Levels, poor renumeration.
Good
Legal Services Contact Officer (Current Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff30 January 2018
Nice location, Friendly staff, the only problem is the wage,

you would need to be in the company for a decent amount of time for the wage to be up,.
Pros
Cons
Hours
Poor pay, poor prospects, no future
Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Cardiff26 October 2017
A very mixed experience. My group leader was excellent but above them the divisional manager was clueless. There is the constant promise of something better around the corner (better pay, better work, opportunities to progress) but seldom is this delivered on. The firm is undergoing a pretty brutal restructuring with a huge number of redundancies in the last 6 months. Very poor retention rate of existing clients and an inability to attract stable sources of new work. Frankly embarrassing 6 monthly roadshows which are basically a sales pitch about how wonderful things are when in reality the future is rather bleak
Pros
Work stays in the office
Cons
Appalling pay, no opportunities to progress, endless broken promises, little recognition, poor quality of training
Surviving
Legal Services Contact Officer (Current Employee) –  New Malden2 August 2017
Doing 5 plus questionnaires for PI claims
asking calls
making calls to client to find out if they have been injured
• Handling inbound/outbound switchboard, setting up files for queries/legal claims on the helplines.
• Preparing the claim for the initial part of the relevant legal process in readiness to be passed to a case handler.
• Demonstrates sound judgment and technical knowledge, together with commercial awareness.
• Possesses high initiative in decision making and problem solving, with efficient diary management skills and achieves set targets.
- Bored in being in call centre environment
most enjoyable going home an lunch breaks
Progressive environment.
Trainee Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire3 July 2017
Work place where you can make progress, feel part of a team, enhance your skills, internal job opportunities, increase legal knowledge, further enhance your communication skills.
Terrible
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire25 May 2017
Biased management, no progression, terrible salary, management built up vendettas against individuals. Certain people got away with anything and everything whereas others would be taken to the cleaners for minor issues and made an example off. It all depends on who management like.
Pros
nothing
Cons
terrible management, terrible salary
A stopover job
PA/Secretarial (Former Employee) –  Bristol21 December 2015
nice people but they are not really interested in you. Their preference is to get as much work out of you as they can for as little money as they can, but not a bad place to work.
Cons
ok to work for to get experience
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  leeds1 December 2015
not a company you could work for long term as not understanding and not supportive of personal life, especially when you have authorised sickness from the doctors
Cons
dismiss you without notice even if its due to authorised sickness by the doctor
Great People
Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, ENG28 September 2015
Lovely people and good work. The certainly keep you busy and it's great experience, but there doesn't appear to be much advancement.
Lyons Davidson
Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Birmingham22 March 2015
Handling caseloads of 200 or more files; liaising with clients on a daily basis, supervising other case handler’s work, training new employees and supporting staff within the team.
Fantastic Workplace
Litigation Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Leeds, ENG20 March 2014
Fast paced, lots of support and opportunities to develop. People are great.
Productive, fast paced.
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, WLS18 June 2013
I worked in a fast paced busy law firm dealing with personal injury claims. Communicated daily with client's, solicitors and insurance companies via telephone, email and post. Handled a large case load of two hundred and fifty files improving my ability to multi task and work well under pressure. I was responsible for dealing with all aspects of the case, from determining liability, negotiations, quantifying the claim and litigation if the matter proceeded that far.

I learned how to cope in a hectic environment with minimal supervision. Improving my ability to use my initiative and communicate effectively with people at all levels of an organisation.

I worked in a lovely team which were always keen to help each other out. Being one of the more experienced team members I was often responsible for easing new colleagues into their role and ensuring they knew what was expected of them.

The hardest part of the job was being thrown into the deep end with no training initially. However in the long run I think this was beneficial for me as it inevitably meant I progressed my knowledge and understanding of the role very quickly.

The most enjoyable part of the job was improving my negotiation skills and communication skills.
Great start to career in litigation, friendly staff and atmosphere, open door policy
Civil Litigation Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Bristol, ENG4 June 2013
I was thrown into the deep end of litigation at Lyons Davidson and I have never looked back. My days are varied and exciting. I may spend the morning drafting advice about all sorts of contract and non-personal injury tortuous disputes and in the afternoon discuss strategy with counsel about the best way to win a costs order at an application hearing. The staff are friendly and helpful, including management, and there is an open door policy. The hardest part of the job is keeping on top of service level agreements, however some clients can be challenging.
Pros
Great amount of experience
Cons
Pay