LV=Careers

LV=Careers Employee Reviews

United Kingdom59 reviews
Really enjoyed working at LV, good balance between socialising and work. Everyone was willing to help one another and there was Good opportunity to progress within the role.
Management just saw you as another person to bring the ques down on the phone lines. I was here for 2 years, once I fell pregnant I was scrutinised for needing to go to the loo more often management got annoyed when I had to go to hospital appointments and the stress the job caused made my Dr's sign me off early. I would not recommend.
Cons
the worst ever company to ever work for, i started in january 2020 and 2 months in we had to work from home due to corona virus. I was given used damaged and dirty equipment to work with, which i complained about many times but it fell on deaf ears each time. I was given a disciplinary for not meeting my targets. WORST EVER PLACE TO WORK STAY AWAY IF YOU WANT YOUR MENTAL HEALTH TO STAY INTACT.
Pros
Salary benefits
Cons
Slave work
This is without a doubt the worst place I have ever worked! The abuse you receive on the daily by stupid and ignorant customers who cannot grasp how insurance works, outweigh any kind of benefits the job offers! Before working here I had relatively good mental health, as soon as I started I became suicidal and had the worst anxiety about going to work! If you have any value for your well-being, avoid at all costs!!!!!
Pros
Pay is okay
Cons
Absolutely everything eose
Soul destroying, no proper training everyone is out for themselves. There were 18 people who left my depot in 6 months. Felt suicidal when working there, took me 6 months to get over it.
Cons
Very much a "face fits"culture. A lot of redundancies and uncertainty since general insurance was taken over. Lack of decent management at lower levels.

Zero training budget, unstable fixed term contracts, low salary and a desktop support manager who doesn’t seem to care and a bit ladies man.
Pros
Social scene, staff restaurant and Christmas party...
Cons
Bad management, no training, fixed term contracts, no accountability of top management. No progression opportunities.
There are issues over payment for certain jobs but if you work hard and have abilities then you can progress well. The 3rd Party route is best route for progression and payment but the AD route is more fun
Pros
Good fun with challenges and extras worth the pay
Cons
Maybe not the best payer but all other parts of the work make up for it
Culture is very important in a successful business and LV= has it in abundance. Management and Senior leaders are really engaged. A company that embraces talent and diversity.
But unfortunately in my circumstances was made redundant due to the merge of LV and Alliance. Good training and become knowledgeable of commercial and home insurance. A place to progress in the company
You will instantly regret it, terrible place to work. Management doesn't care, and does not appreciate the staff. You're just there to be a robot and thanks the calls. If you care about your mental health don't do it.
When you arrive at work there is a cacophony of noise. Team leaders are on the whole very unhelpful. I would love to name and shame but I shall remain professional.
On one occasion I was told to F OFF and find someone else to help me.

It is very much a case of just get on with it.

To be fair the training is good but hardly sets you up for the challenge ahead.

Glad I left.
Absolutely awful place to work. After working there three years, a new senior management team were bought in who managed out various staff and other managers through bullying tactics. Regimented and soul destroying.... Had to put a sign up to leave desk for loo break and if you were a minute late had to sign a late form and go on conduct monitoring, even though you regularly worked extra hours free of charge due to understaffing.
Working with LV was both physically and mentally draining. There was absolutely NO chance of socialising (you weren’t always on a break with people you worked with), the work to social life balance wasn’t great so having no time to socialise made me feel like a robot, you turn up, repeat more or less the same conversations the customers then go home.
I had some great positions at LV, really good working environment and great people. Things may have changed since I was there but I liked the management and loved LVs philosophy.
Pros
Great people
Cons
No parking
The people I work with a fantastic, very supportive. I job itself has its challenges and I find it hard just sitting behind a desk all day on the phones and would prefer some variety with this job, maybe some admin and other jobs.
I spent a year working here and to start with it was great! First few months I had no problems at all and then all of a sudden it started to grind on me that majority of customers would scream abuse down the phone at you swear at you and give you death threats that management did nothing about. They told you to hang up the phone after you warn them twice you will terminate them call... The company itself just sponges money out of people but then again don’t all insurance companies? I ended up having to leave after being dogged off for secere migraines and sickness because my anxiety got so bad about going to work.
Worse place I have ever worked in. Full of Bradley Stoke low life's, who suck up to their boss in hope of promotion. Kind of like a bunch of alley cats fighting over a scrap piece of ham chucked in the alley. They eventually find out they don't get anywhere and if they do, then they become the next AH manager who does very little and gets paid a ridiculous amount for it. This bunch are the most shallow people I've ever met, absolutely pathetic.
The job itself is horrible, a constant steam of miserable , whiney customers calling to get an update on their claims. When the fact is, that if they drive better in the first place then we could have more than a few seconds between each call. If they drive better then we'd all feel safer on the road.

The place is gloomy and you can cut the atmosphere with a knife. The canteen food is disgusting and the whole office stinks of it. I've felt extremely depressed since working here.

I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone, there's much better jobs out there than being stuck in this place.
Relaxed, supportive and very professional. Really enjoyed working with great teams and pragmatic leaders who are willing to make quick decisions to deliver timely business benefits through IT transformation programmes.
Even though we have a strict work day and over time we still have gathering to make our teams happy and work well as a team to get us through the working day.
Training has been non existent here, you’re expected to work with little help or knowledge as the Team managers are not trained in the job, products or systems. In such an area as finance this is poor and leaves lots of room for mistakes to be made. Very high staff turnover and as a result of this phone lines are very busy and targets unachievable. It’s really not worth it for the long run.
I have worked at LV since 2011, unfortunately I will be getting made redundant from the Commercial side, however had this have not been the case I would like to see myself still working for the company