Lush Cosmetics Employee Reviews

Found 315 reviews matching the search See all 1,261 reviews
Wonderful culture to work in
Supervisor/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Exeter20 February 2018
Employees become friends and often feel like family. It's an environment where you can be yourself and your appearance is not judged. You can be tattooed, pierced, coloured hair, you can express yourself with uniform etc. The company give many opportunities to fight for causes close to you heart and you get a lot of free/discounted products. You have to be on your feet all day and talking to customers constantly. Management are hit and miss. They often want to go further into the company and therefore are not around very much. Some managers are great, others are not.
Pros
Free products, discount, one free massage, able to express yourself through appearance
Cons
Very very busy and takes a lot of energy
A beautiful company but unorganised
Supervisor / Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford4 February 2018
Pushed a lot to sell sometimes to a point where you can become uncomfortable, employee care is inconsistent, management is inconsistent and often unfair. A lot of unprofessional and unorganised aspects to the company. Good employee benefits with amazing products and customers, other staff members are brilliant but an exhausting and stressful role that often feels it is not worth the pay. There is a strange Lush culture throughout the company which I think contributes to the negative aspects of the company. Although I think Lush varies massively from store to store.
Pros
Good employee discount
Cons
Short shifts
productive and fun
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Dorset31 January 2018
productive and fun place to work with amazing people and a good experience into production line of cosmetics. also with paid brakes and cheap lunches.
Pros
paid brakes
Cons
early starts
Lush indeed!
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff26 January 2018
Lovely staff, so many perks like discounts and testers, lessons (paid) on cosmetics etc, ethical, slight preassure to sell and talk to customers but nothing too scary!
Pros
free stuff
Cons
strict structure
Enjoyable Temporary Job
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Poole25 January 2018
I worked here as a member of the Christmas staff so the job security was pretty low. That being said it was a good work environment and nice to be working with people who have similar ethics regarding the treatment of animals.
Racist
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford Street, Greater London23 January 2018
Racist company..beware. The put on an animal rights love all humans an kumbaya. However it is just that a front..They are practice systematic white supremacy. Even their products like ''black face'' tells you of their beliefs.
Pros
the customers
Cons
Managers are bullies and racist
Working as a temp at Lush
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Covent Garden, Greater London23 January 2018
Lush have great company culture, and great employee benefits. But working in the Covent Garden store is not ideal, as you are under ground and it is very cramped.
Pros
Free lush products
Cons
no lunch
Lovely Company to work for
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Livingston, West Lothian23 January 2018
LUSH as a company were very intense. Although I enjoyed working there, I often felt that they put a lot of pressure on us as individuals, which was very stressful.
Pros
50% discount for employees
Cons
did not pay for trial shift
work
Operator (Former Employee) –  Poole, Dorset23 January 2018
I like the experience.
The staff was so friendly and the shifts are good as well .
The balistic operator staff should be paid more per hour.
I change the job because Im looking for appropiate work conected with my studies.
Pros
good ambient, friendly staff
Cons
unhealthy ambient
fun
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warrington20 January 2018
well trained, and good at what they do. great company to work for cruelty free, good pay, they seem to care about employees. also doscount ob many great products
Bad Management
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford Street17 January 2018
Management was appalling, all based on culture on self advancement in the workplace. Therefore lots and lots of backstabbing and very childlike behaviour. No coordination between what different managers expected of the staff.
Extremely enjoyable but bad management
Sales Assistant - Temporary (Former Employee) –  London15 January 2018
Extremely enjoyable job but there was extremely poor management during my time with the company which made me think differently about the company and quit my job.
Productive and fun workplace
Temporary Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Norwich6 January 2018
Greatly enjoyed working for this company. It is supportive, caring and passionate about its employees which I greatly admire; along with its ethics and products.
I enjoyed working at Lush
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Livingston4 January 2018
I felt enthusiastic about working at lush as it’s an ethical company that also cares about its own workers. I received nothing but knowledge and reasonable roles that I could fufill.
Pros
Hallf-price discount, an amazingly salary
Cons
I could only work 8 hours once a week and it dragged on, however that is not lush fault.
Good workpace
Bath bomb presser (Former Employee) –  Poole4 January 2018
I would recommend this workplace and this was a good environment to work in, make friends really quick and its a fast paced job. The pay was good for what you had to do.
Depends what factory you work for, hated soaps!
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Poole, Dorset4 January 2018
The first factory i worked at i loved. The people i worked with were wonderful, work was enjoyable, people were mostly good to work with, but the manager didnt make much effort to get to know everyone, even after 8 months, they didnt even know my name. The Last factory i worked at was awful. Management was poor, hours were never guaranteed. i was told i would have a job til march but was let go before christmas. there was no team work, a poor bonus scheme, poor hours, which made being there very hard and unenjoyable.
Pros
Paid Breaks, Free products, Working with a great range of people.
Cons
Poor management, Told i would have a job longer than i was given, Not appreciated for the extra work given.
Lush was fun
Role - Production assistant (Former Employee) –  Poole2 January 2018
I found that working as production assistant in lush is relaxing and fun to do. However, the music in all factories is very repetitive which doesn't help when you need to stand for 8 hours straight doing the same job over and over. Hardest part of the job is getting there and Ballistics department.
Fragrant
Employee (Current Employee) –  UK29 December 2017
Not a bad place to work. A very customer service orientated job. Fun atmosphere. Fairly frequent campaigns to learn about, plus company ethics to get behind to give more meaning to your daily role.
Friendly
General Assistant - work experiance (Former Employee) –  Norwich City Centre, Norfolk16 December 2017
I really enjoyed my work experiance here. Everyone was so friendly and I found it an incredibly happy place to work and learn in. Would definitely recommend.
Pros
Free products
Cons
A long time standing on your feet
fun and hard work .
lush emplyee (Current Employee) –  Cribbs Causeway, Bristol3 December 2017
Great place to work but management are the worst bullies ever . The supervisor team are power happy and controlling . Management are always in office . We have 79+ staff in a 2 man size tea room which is dirty and disgusting where one of or supervisors smokes her vaoe !!!. The toilets are full if excess boxes and recyclable pots that's customers bring back . Overall the back of lush is unfit for purpose . It needs a surprise visit from health and safety .
On a good note the pay is very good and you get lots of freebies. Good ethnics and wonderful customers .
Pros
50% discount. Great happy customers .
Cons
to many chief whips and not enough workers .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lush Cosmetics. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2