Lush Cosmetics Employee Reviews

Bad Management
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford Street17 January 2018
Management was appalling, all based on culture on self advancement in the workplace. Therefore lots and lots of backstabbing and very childlike behaviour. No coordination between what different managers expected of the staff.
Extremely enjoyable but bad management
Sales Assistant - Temporary (Former Employee) –  London15 January 2018
Extremely enjoyable job but there was extremely poor management during my time with the company which made me think differently about the company and quit my job.
Productive and fun workplace
Temporary Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Norwich6 January 2018
Greatly enjoyed working for this company. It is supportive, caring and passionate about its employees which I greatly admire; along with its ethics and products.
I enjoyed working at Lush
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Livingston4 January 2018
I felt enthusiastic about working at lush as it’s an ethical company that also cares about its own workers. I received nothing but knowledge and reasonable roles that I could fufill.
Pros
Hallf-price discount, an amazingly salary
Cons
I could only work 8 hours once a week and it dragged on, however that is not lush fault.
Good workpace
Bath bomb presser (Former Employee) –  Poole4 January 2018
I would recommend this workplace and this was a good environment to work in, make friends really quick and its a fast paced job. The pay was good for what you had to do.
Depends what factory you work for, hated soaps!
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Poole, Dorset4 January 2018
The first factory i worked at i loved. The people i worked with were wonderful, work was enjoyable, people were mostly good to work with, but the manager didnt make much effort to get to know everyone, even after 8 months, they didnt even know my name. The Last factory i worked at was awful. Management was poor, hours were never guaranteed. i was told i would have a job til march but was let go before christmas. there was no team work, a poor bonus scheme, poor hours, which made being there very hard and unenjoyable.
Pros
Paid Breaks, Free products, Working with a great range of people.
Cons
Poor management, Told i would have a job longer than i was given, Not appreciated for the extra work given.
Lush was fun
Role - Production assistant (Former Employee) –  Poole2 January 2018
I found that working as production assistant in lush is relaxing and fun to do. However, the music in all factories is very repetitive which doesn't help when you need to stand for 8 hours straight doing the same job over and over. Hardest part of the job is getting there and Ballistics department.
Fragrant
Employee (Current Employee) –  UK29 December 2017
Not a bad place to work. A very customer service orientated job. Fun atmosphere. Fairly frequent campaigns to learn about, plus company ethics to get behind to give more meaning to your daily role.
Friendly
General Assistant - work experiance (Former Employee) –  Norwich City Centre, Norfolk16 December 2017
I really enjoyed my work experiance here. Everyone was so friendly and I found it an incredibly happy place to work and learn in. Would definitely recommend.
Pros
Free products
Cons
A long time standing on your feet
fun and hard work .
lush emplyee (Current Employee) –  Cribbs Causeway, Bristol3 December 2017
Great place to work but management are the worst bullies ever . The supervisor team are power happy and controlling . Management are always in office . We have 79+ staff in a 2 man size tea room which is dirty and disgusting where one of or supervisors smokes her vaoe !!!. The toilets are full if excess boxes and recyclable pots that's customers bring back . Overall the back of lush is unfit for purpose . It needs a surprise visit from health and safety .
On a good note the pay is very good and you get lots of freebies. Good ethnics and wonderful customers .
Pros
50% discount. Great happy customers .
Cons
to many chief whips and not enough workers .
A great place to build a career
Finance (Former Employee) –  Poole, Dorset2 December 2017
Lush is the ideal company to work for to gain a broad range of experience. There is plenty of opportunity to grow your career and move into roles in line with ambition.
Pros
Free massages
Cons
Occasional long hours away
Great place for work experience
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Swansea City27 November 2017
I very much enjoyed my time working at LUSH and felt they were helpful and understanding of my time constraints due to school and were flexible with my hours.
Pros
flexible hours, friendly staff, helpful as I had never worked before
Cons
short lunch
Very enjoyable enviroment
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  hull13 November 2017
Fun place to be with some great sales based training involved. Very much encouraged to be yourself and bring our personality to work. Busy at Christmas and quiet rest of the year.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
May have to get pushy with the customers
Im enjoying myself
Production assistant (Current Employee) –  Poole, Dorset13 November 2017
You will definitely enjoy yourself working for Lush. Its very diverse, and you get to talk to a wide range of different people. The hours are good and the staff are understanding and flexible around you. The only down side is the pressure put on you to reach your daily targets.
Pros
Friendly, enjoyable
Cons
pressure
Brilliant company, Lush Canterbury management are foul and should be avoided.
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Canterbury9 November 2017
Brilliant company, have worked for several. Lovely ethics and brand values but the last branch, the Canterbury store is awful. Management is aggressive, rude and bullying, has ruined my faith in the company.
Pros
Discount, ethical
Cons
bad management
Inclusive and Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham New Street Station, West Midlands6 November 2017
A typical day at Lush would focus on customer interactions with a lot of emphasis on demo's and well rounded consultations, whilst also maintaining shop-floor standards, stock rotation and till service.

Management are usually on deck to lend a helping hand and watch over interactions. Over the years management, I think has definitely improved in terms of structure and you can feel their presence more so now. Personally, I have experienced support, understanding and encouragement from the management team, old and new.

The hardest part of the job would be having to be 'on' all the time. This means, smiles all round, extra pep, all of the time. Even more so if you are working a 5 hour shift, you aren't entitled to a break, so shifts can be quite tiresome. Also, if you are working a long day (9.30 - 7.30 is a typical full day) it is an awfully long time to be on your feet. Though this is the case with most retail positions. Recently, one of the hardest things is having to explain every interaction you encounter with a customer, always able to give an answer as to where you went wrong and where you can improve. Whilst I appreciate this is for personal development and the growth of the company, it can feel like 'big brother' and as if you're a grown adult, still at school.

One of the most enjoyable things about working for Lush is getting to meet and know so many diverse individuals that I most likely wouldn't have crossed paths with otherwise. Additionally, not only do you gain a knowledge about the products and their benefits, you are also given a wealth of knowledge
  more... behind where they come from and how they are sourced ethically. Furthermore, working for a company that advocates for human and animal rights alike mean that you are able to part-take in amazing campaigns to help improve the lives of others.  less
Pros
The people, 50% discount, always learning new things, being part of campaigns.
Cons
Limited progression, long hours on your feet, heavy lifting glitter EVERYWHERE
Good ethics within retail
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dundee5 November 2017
I have no complaints of working for Lush, they mean well.
I did have a fixed idea of what this company were about and this began to fall away sadly after working for them. However on the whole it provided me with a massive learning curve.
Pros
Close location
Cons
poorly paid
Great place to work with plenty of benefits
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Merry Hill, West Midlands5 November 2017
Would definitely recommend, lots of benefits and friendly staff! However if you are temporary staff there isn’t a guarantee you can return to the job in the future so keep in mind if you want a permanent position in the company
Pros
50% staff discount, free products to test, friendly atmosphere, good pay
Cons
Long hours, job not guaranteed to last if in temporary position
Fun place to work
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire2 November 2017
Really enjoying my time here, fantastic staff who are very supportive and great work atmosphere. Staff discount and bonus scheme are some of the bevefits you receive but this job helps make you a better person
enjoyable and fulfilling
Senior Beauty Therapist (Current Employee) –  Bath23 October 2017
We work 8 hours a day. working with only 4 clients in this time. When we are not with our clients we are working on other things in the spa. So the work is very physical for the 8 hours that we are in. The most hardest part of the job is that it can be very hard work. The best part of the job is preforming the beautiful treatments on our clients who thoroughly enjoy there time in the spa. I learned so many great different skills that I will take away with me.
Pros
50% discount on the products
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lush Cosmetics. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2