Lush Cosmetics Employee Reviews

Found 315 reviews matching the search See all 1,262 reviews
Fun and Great working Environment
Order Filler/ Picker (Current Employee) –  Bournemouth, Dorset1 May 2018
Best company i worked for so far, flexible management and great working Environment. one month full Paternity holiday pay and many training options offered.
Wonderful place real sence of love
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Poole, Dorset1 May 2018
Lush is a busy place to work made lots of things I never thought I could and found a sence of family I look forward to going there again 01 day :) I have no more to say
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Fantastic, fun company, great benefits
SALES ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Dundee, Dundee City26 April 2018
I honestly could not have wished for a better weekend job to have had alongside my highers. The company is amazing with fantastic ethics, and the perks are better that most other places offer.
Pros
Staff Discount
Supportive Management and Great Training
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nottinghamshire23 April 2018
I worked at LUSH for 6 months after temping for them over the xmas period.
They took me on perm after the xmas period was up.
The staff are all very accepting and the management are the most supportive people i have ever experienced in retail.
They provide amazing, in-depth training and support their staff with this constantly.
They pay well for retail and they constantly give positive feedback.
All in all a lovely place to work.
Pros
Supportive staff
Cons
Not many hours avaliable
Relaxed and inclusive workplace
Christmas Temporary Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sheffield18 April 2018
The company is a very enjoyable company to work for. The staff at all levels are passionate and dedicated. They support their staff in numerous ways, this includes in-store and external training. You learn not only about the products you are selling but about the ingredients contained in it and where and how it was sourced. Also, you learn about the effects certain ingredient has on the face and the body.
Pros
50% off products
Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Poole17 April 2018
Funplace to work. The staff are all very welcoming and helpful. I learnt many new skills whilst working there. I highly recommend to anyone who is hoping to work in the cosmetics industry.
Amazing workplace
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Poole, Dorset17 April 2018
I've worked for different departments in Lush. My favourite workplace with absolutely friendly staff. I enjoyed every day of my work . I'd go back to work for them.
Great experience
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire6 April 2018
very friendly working environment. A high standard of knowledge is required about the product and ingredients however training is given. Customer service is expected to be at a very high standard.
Temporary Production Assistance (Former Employee) –  Poole2 April 2018
I enjoyed working here as a temporary christmas temp. The hours were suitable for myself and everybody worked well within the team. I would work here again
Former Temp
Temporary Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh23 March 2018
I worked as a Christmas Temp at Lush, and found the experience to be highly rewarding. The job mainly involved approaching and interacting with customers, operating tills, and ensuring shop floor standards were met. All of the staff there were very supportive and friendly, which definitely helped to encourage and motivate me during my time there. There were several employee benefits such as 50% off all products and spa treatment, and the salary was £8.45 per hour, which is one of the highest retail salaries offered for starting positions in Edinburgh. There were a few setbacks to the job, but these did not ruin the overall experience for me. For example, there was significant pressure on employees to perform in a high energy manner without making any mistakes, which was sometimes difficult to upkeep. When you made mistakes, a member of the management team would be watching you, which led to pressure to get things right every time. Lush as a company sets very high standards for itself, so you are expected to approach every customer, even when you feel that they may not want to be spoken to. However, the salary was high enough to make up for these minor cons. My time at lush overall was very positive, and I would definitely consider applying to work there again in the future.
Pros
supportive staff, high salary, good benefits, fun encouraged, lots of overtime
Cons
pressure for perfection, approaches can feel intrusive towards customers
its ok
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London22 March 2018
im doing sales job, the pay is ok, i am providing a great customer service experience and also helping with other day-today tasks on a daily basis. sales driven job
Fast paced, fun and friendly.
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Poole16 March 2018
A typical day for me was from 3:30pm to 11:30pm. It was always fast paced and strict deadlines in the department I was in ( warehouse operative ).

I learned a few things at my short period there. Mainly that your attitude contributes to what day you will have. Many people there were friendly with me because I took time to know them and was always friendly.

Management were excellent. Especially the head manager of our gifts department. He was so friendly and always let you know if ya did a good job.

The culture was... different I would say. There were some English people there, the majority however were not and sometimes it was a struggle to understand them. I felt like an outcast a little sometimes when they spoke their own language.

Hardest part of my job was probably the hours. It was quite difficult to fit them around my social life and family. However the 2 days off a week do help.

The most enjoyable part of the job for me were the few people I became friends with. They really made my day worth it and were always there to help.
Pros
Free hot chocolate, Good pay, Safe working environment.
Cons
Work hours, not many English people, hard to maintain social life.
chilled work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bluewater, Kent13 March 2018
very nice company to work for, good salary. The people were very nice there and i made a lot of friends by working at Lush cosmetics, also friendly customers.
Pros
good salary
Cons
very busy
Challenging
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Poole10 March 2018
Use computers for various applications, such as database management or word processing.Create, maintain and enter information into databases.
Set up and manage paper or electronic filing systems, recording information, updating paperwork or maintaining documents, such as attendance records, correspondence or other material.
Adhere to all applicable regulations, policies and procedures for health, safety and environmental compliance.
Inspect finished products for quality and adherence to customer specifications.
Set up and operate production equipment in accordance with current good manufacturing practices and standard operating procedures.
Monitor and adjust production processes or equipment for quality and productivity.
Fun, Professional, Excellent Team
Customer Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Telford9 March 2018
The company looks after its staff exceptionally well, even those on temporary contracts. The job was a mix of customer service and backroom stocktaking, this provided a good balance of work for all staff members. The staff were all super friendly and hard working making the job enjoyable.
Always a place to learn
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Northern Ireland8 March 2018
During my six years of employment, I have gained key skills in many areas as well as always enjoying every day of work. What a fantastic place to work
Pros
Excellent Salary
Fun place to work at!!!
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds4 March 2018
I loved working there, everyday was fun, lovely team. I learned a lot about hair care, skin care, bath bombs and the ingredients and benefits of all products. Fun Training. Was allowed to use their makeup, which was fun and better to allow customers to see it on me and be able to see how the product looks etc.

The workplace has a mix of people I would say, you have amazing people and then people who just don't really like you but I loved working there regardless, my team leader was lovely, management were Nice.

I enjoyed doing everything there, I would say the most enjoyable part was consultations on customers, trying masks and being able to explain the benefits and ingredients.

I found stock hard but only because the bath bombs had a strong smell and they are heavy but they smelt lovely, so I enjoyed working still.
Pros
Discounts are Fabulous, literally the best.
Cons
The team needs to enjoy working with each other and not keep putting each other down.
Productive and supportive workplace
Seasonal Temporary Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands4 March 2018
The training given was sufficient for the role and I was supported by colleagues in areas I struggled with. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people everyday and making every consultation tailored to the individuals needs. The hardest part of the job was managing tasks and customers during the busy Christmas period.
Pros
Staff discount, careers progression, pension scheme.
Challenging but worth it
Christmas Temp Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester28 February 2018
Lush is a hard place to work as you are required to be friendly and communicative AT ALL TIMES. No time to slack or relax here. But salary is very good and discount is also worth it if you like the products.
Pros
short hours
Cons
no breaks
Fun and interesting Job
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Bournemouth27 February 2018
Wonderful job, ethical business with and had scope for progression. High expectations from management for good customer service and product knowledge, but support was available if there were ever any issues.
Pros
Product discounts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lush Cosmetics. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2