Lush Cosmetics Employee Reviews

Found 315 reviews matching the search See all 1,264 reviews
Fun
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Poole, Dorset27 July 2018
It was a fun place to work in, it was full on and very fast pacing. It was a challenge but I like to be a good challenge.
It was a good place to work in, I gained real good experience working there
I’ve gained working with people and getting along as a team, getting along as a team gets the job done quicker and easier and it’s a better environment to work in when your in a good friendly environment
Pros
Free stock
Cons
The hours
Enjoyable and positive workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne21 July 2018
I spent a week doing work experience at LUSH in Eldon square in 2017 and heavily enjoyed the experience and would definitely recommend that other people also do their work experience here or work for the company.
Pros
Free products
Cons
Short breaks
Fun and creative place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham17 July 2018
Definitely a place where you can be yourself. The more creative the better. Challenging at times but it is fun and you get the support from all of your colleagues.
Fun and positive workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Truro, Cornwall17 July 2018
Lovely place to work. Just got a new manager who seems great.
Everyone is positive and they are keen to help you progress.
Lush customers are usually really nice.
Productive and fun
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Poole13 July 2018
I gained a great insight into such a wonderful company.
I liked those who I worked with and the customers where pleasant.
I would not reccomend if you are hoping for a job afterward due to their lack of organization and long interview process.
Pros
Fun and interesting
Cons
management team seem scattered
Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Exeter, Devon5 July 2018
Working at LUSH had such a fun atmosphere, you forgot you were actually working there! Being able to demonstrate the products to and on the customers was a bonus.
Managment were unfair and had favourites
Sale Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dudley, West Midlands29 June 2018
Always felt uncomfortable when working, staff would not let you fit in. Lush give this ethos of everybody is welcome bu management definitely have their favourites! I was studying at the time but this was never considered, I ended up really stressed working there it was horrible in the end. Always felt less than great by management, especially one as she always seemed to dislike me. I was never welcomed like others were e.g. never welcomed with a hug, or not spoken to at all compared to how others were treated, always ignored. May sound like it shouldn't bother anybody but at the end of the day you want to work for a company that you feel appreciated and at least liked by! The hardest part of the job was having to memories codes, I don't understand why they were never next to the till? This was at Christmas too so extra codes to remember. You had to sell3 things about a product! Most customers didn't care but you were always watched by others to see how you were doing, made me feel so uncomfortable. The most enjoyable bit was the 50% discount!
Pros
Discount
Cons
Management had favourites
Loads of reasons why I like working at this job
Produciton Assistant (Former Employee) –  Poole, Dorset20 June 2018
I worked in the Ballistics department. Digital department is slow and boring in comparison.

1. Working at Lush allows you to work independently. No stressing out because of poor communication with others.

2. GREAT STAFF and GREAT MANAGEMENT. Lots of female staff there as well. This is probably the best thing about Ballistics.

3. Unlike Digitial Ballistics has targets which are challenging to meet. This is why at Ballistics you find your job rewarding whereas at Digital you question what you're doing with your life.

4. Dress code: Wear what you want. Lots of people wore sports clothing, vests, shorts, etc. Radio played on speakers inside the warehouse.

5. Three breaks per shift and free hot drinks
Pros
Independence, great staff/management
Cons
Almost none except travelling there can be difficult
Fun and energetic workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Swansea20 June 2018
This job was never boring. Working in this place was very exciting and enjoyable and always lifted spirits. Management was kind in discussing shifts, and it was relatively easy to pick up extra hours also.
Fun, kind Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire17 June 2018
Lush was an amazing place to work, treating staff great and giving great benefits. I loved working there and loved all the free/discounted prices. Only downside is how much there was to learn.
Pros
50% discount
Welcoming
christmas temp (Former Employee) –  Romford Town, Greater London14 June 2018
It was my first retail job and they made me feel completely comfortable, the management was great and very supportive. The training was informative and helpful.
Pros
fun and encouraging work environment
Cons
required a lot of knowledge in a short time period
Good work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester2 June 2018
Allows you to meet new people and experience new things. You learn so much about beauty and how things are made at Lush. All the staff are incredibly friendslh and all very easy to get along with. The staff and people of higher management all treat you the same and don’t portray an image of being better than you.
Pros
Discount on all products
Cons
Hard work
fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sheffield28 May 2018
tend to be working with likeminded people
lovely atmosphere although it gets very stressful over the christmas period
great benefits- 50% discount and commission
Pros
50% staff discount
Cons
very face paced
Fantastic
Customer Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Watford27 May 2018
Fabulous company to be a part of when I was there, you can get on with people, they really teach you about being the best at customer service, fantastic benefits such as discount on their products
fun happy
people were crazy
thought they were okay
worth the money
stressfull
Pros
free food
Fun and benefitial
Sales Assistant (Christmas Temp) (Former Employee) –  Solihull24 May 2018
Usually my day would be spent greeting customers when they came into the store and giving them consultations in which i would recommend them products which may be good for them. I learned a lot about ethics, the lush products and how to be a good employee. Management would constantly inform you on where you need to improve. The workplace culture was very nice and welcoming. Nearer the seasonal period, the hardest part of the job was the amount you had to do. You would be constantly running about and expected to know everything which was sometimes stressful. It is a hard job but well worth it for the lovely co-workers, the amazing people you meet and the lovely store environment you're in.
Pros
Good wages, fun
Cons
Need to know a lot of knowledge
fun place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire23 May 2018
very good salary and benefits, 50% staff discount. Easy job, they are flexible around uni/ other jobs or commitments. fun and friendly environment with very nice people
Pros
staff benefits
Cons
can be repetitive and boring
Fun and very busy
Former Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London14 May 2018
I worked at LUSH Oxford Street as a summer temp and it was my very first job. The pay is exceptionally high and the team is wonderful to work with. There's so many unique people you get to meet whilst working here and the products are amazing. You end up smelling like lush everyday (which is lush) and there's a generous discount for colleagues. The training was also really fun and I learnt so much within a short space of time. A typical day would include being briefed, then setting up shop and being allocated to a specific area of the shop. Then it's just providing customer service for the whole day and trying to find the right product for the customers. The management is spectacular as everything is sorted quickly and the supervisors are there to help us at any time without hesitation.The hardest part is that it is always extremely busy but it is fun and manageable. The most enjoyable part is being able to meet so many different people and getting to know them and showing the products that I believe would put a smile on their face. It really is a fun place and you really do feel like a family working there as the support there is really what every store should aim to have.
Pros
Great discount, management and a great environment. Each day is not the same and the pay is high.
Cons
Very busy all the time but it makes the days go quicker.
Great people, iffy management.
Customer and Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hampshire13 May 2018
I loved working with the people I did, there was always a great environment on the shop floor and I built friendships that lasted after the termination of my contract.
However, in my particular store the management was slightly uncooperative with regards to assisting on the shop floor.
A typical day at work involves long hours of standing up, but the supervisors are generally pretty good at giving you a break if you need one.
The hardest part of the job is the restocking just because of the customers, they try and take the new stock before it's even out of the boxes. Smile politely and you'll be just fine.
Pros
Great pay and good people
Cons
Long hours on your feet if you take long shift patterns
Great workplace with disadvantages!
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford2 May 2018
Love Lush and it's ethics! Fantastic training and benefits! Pays the living wage which is great, however, not given enough hours to earn enough to live! Great for a part-time job if studying but not so good for an actual career unless part of the management team, which isn't as good as it should be!
Pros
Living wage and great training
Cons
Not enough contracted hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lush Cosmetics. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2