Lush Cosmetics Employee Reviews

its ok
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London22 March 2018
im doing sales job, the pay is ok, i am providing a great customer service experience and also helping with other day-today tasks on a daily basis. sales driven job
Fast paced, fun and friendly.
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Poole16 March 2018
A typical day for me was from 3:30pm to 11:30pm. It was always fast paced and strict deadlines in the department I was in ( warehouse operative ).

I learned a few things at my short period there. Mainly that your attitude contributes to what day you will have. Many people there were friendly with me because I took time to know them and was always friendly.

Management were excellent. Especially the head manager of our gifts department. He was so friendly and always let you know if ya did a good job.

The culture was... different I would say. There were some English people there, the majority however were not and sometimes it was a struggle to understand them. I felt like an outcast a little sometimes when they spoke their own language.

Hardest part of my job was probably the hours. It was quite difficult to fit them around my social life and family. However the 2 days off a week do help.

The most enjoyable part of the job for me were the few people I became friends with. They really made my day worth it and were always there to help.
Pros
Free hot chocolate, Good pay, Safe working environment.
Cons
Work hours, not many English people, hard to maintain social life.
chilled work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bluewater, Kent13 March 2018
very nice company to work for, good salary. The people were very nice there and i made a lot of friends by working at Lush cosmetics, also friendly customers.
Pros
good salary
Cons
very busy
Challenging
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Poole10 March 2018
Use computers for various applications, such as database management or word processing.Create, maintain and enter information into databases.
Set up and manage paper or electronic filing systems, recording information, updating paperwork or maintaining documents, such as attendance records, correspondence or other material.
Adhere to all applicable regulations, policies and procedures for health, safety and environmental compliance.
Inspect finished products for quality and adherence to customer specifications.
Set up and operate production equipment in accordance with current good manufacturing practices and standard operating procedures.
Monitor and adjust production processes or equipment for quality and productivity.
Fun, Professional, Excellent Team
Customer Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Telford9 March 2018
The company looks after its staff exceptionally well, even those on temporary contracts. The job was a mix of customer service and backroom stocktaking, this provided a good balance of work for all staff members. The staff were all super friendly and hard working making the job enjoyable.
Always a place to learn
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Northern Ireland8 March 2018
During my six years of employment, I have gained key skills in many areas as well as always enjoying every day of work. What a fantastic place to work
Pros
Excellent Salary
Fun place to work at!!!
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds4 March 2018
I loved working there, everyday was fun, lovely team. I learned a lot about hair care, skin care, bath bombs and the ingredients and benefits of all products. Fun Training. Was allowed to use their makeup, which was fun and better to allow customers to see it on me and be able to see how the product looks etc.

The workplace has a mix of people I would say, you have amazing people and then people who just don't really like you but I loved working there regardless, my team leader was lovely, management were Nice.

I enjoyed doing everything there, I would say the most enjoyable part was consultations on customers, trying masks and being able to explain the benefits and ingredients.

I found stock hard but only because the bath bombs had a strong smell and they are heavy but they smelt lovely, so I enjoyed working still.
Pros
Discounts are Fabulous, literally the best.
Cons
The team needs to enjoy working with each other and not keep putting each other down.
Productive and supportive workplace
Seasonal Temporary Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands4 March 2018
The training given was sufficient for the role and I was supported by colleagues in areas I struggled with. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people everyday and making every consultation tailored to the individuals needs. The hardest part of the job was managing tasks and customers during the busy Christmas period.
Pros
Staff discount, careers progression, pension scheme.
Challenging but worth it
Christmas Temp Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester28 February 2018
Lush is a hard place to work as you are required to be friendly and communicative AT ALL TIMES. No time to slack or relax here. But salary is very good and discount is also worth it if you like the products.
Pros
short hours
Cons
no breaks
Fun and interesting Job
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Bournemouth27 February 2018
Wonderful job, ethical business with and had scope for progression. High expectations from management for good customer service and product knowledge, but support was available if there were ever any issues.
Pros
Product discounts
Wonderful culture to work in
Supervisor/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Exeter20 February 2018
Employees become friends and often feel like family. It's an environment where you can be yourself and your appearance is not judged. You can be tattooed, pierced, coloured hair, you can express yourself with uniform etc. The company give many opportunities to fight for causes close to you heart and you get a lot of free/discounted products. You have to be on your feet all day and talking to customers constantly. Management are hit and miss. They often want to go further into the company and therefore are not around very much. Some managers are great, others are not.
Pros
Free products, discount, one free massage, able to express yourself through appearance
Cons
Very very busy and takes a lot of energy
A beautiful company but unorganised
Supervisor / Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford4 February 2018
Pushed a lot to sell sometimes to a point where you can become uncomfortable, employee care is inconsistent, management is inconsistent and often unfair. A lot of unprofessional and unorganised aspects to the company. Good employee benefits with amazing products and customers, other staff members are brilliant but an exhausting and stressful role that often feels it is not worth the pay. There is a strange Lush culture throughout the company which I think contributes to the negative aspects of the company. Although I think Lush varies massively from store to store.
Pros
Good employee discount
Cons
Short shifts
productive and fun
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Dorset31 January 2018
productive and fun place to work with amazing people and a good experience into production line of cosmetics. also with paid brakes and cheap lunches.
Pros
paid brakes
Cons
early starts
Lush indeed!
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff26 January 2018
Lovely staff, so many perks like discounts and testers, lessons (paid) on cosmetics etc, ethical, slight preassure to sell and talk to customers but nothing too scary!
Pros
free stuff
Cons
strict structure
Enjoyable Temporary Job
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Poole25 January 2018
I worked here as a member of the Christmas staff so the job security was pretty low. That being said it was a good work environment and nice to be working with people who have similar ethics regarding the treatment of animals.
Racist
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford Street, Greater London23 January 2018
Racist company..beware. The put on an animal rights love all humans an kumbaya. However it is just that a front..They are practice systematic white supremacy. Even their products like ''black face'' tells you of their beliefs.
Pros
the customers
Cons
Managers are bullies and racist
Working as a temp at Lush
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Covent Garden, Greater London23 January 2018
Lush have great company culture, and great employee benefits. But working in the Covent Garden store is not ideal, as you are under ground and it is very cramped.
Pros
Free lush products
Cons
no lunch
Lovely Company to work for
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Livingston, West Lothian23 January 2018
LUSH as a company were very intense. Although I enjoyed working there, I often felt that they put a lot of pressure on us as individuals, which was very stressful.
Pros
50% discount for employees
Cons
did not pay for trial shift
work
Operator (Former Employee) –  Poole, Dorset23 January 2018
I like the experience.
The staff was so friendly and the shifts are good as well .
The balistic operator staff should be paid more per hour.
I change the job because Im looking for appropiate work conected with my studies.
Pros
good ambient, friendly staff
Cons
unhealthy ambient
fun
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warrington20 January 2018
well trained, and good at what they do. great company to work for cruelty free, good pay, they seem to care about employees. also doscount ob many great products

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lush Cosmetics. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2