Lush Cosmetics Pay & Benefits reviews

Fantastic
Customer Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Watford27 May 2018
Fabulous company to be a part of when I was there, you can get on with people, they really teach you about being the best at customer service, fantastic benefits such as discount on their products
fun happy
people were crazy
thought they were okay
worth the money
stressfull
Pros
free food
fun place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire23 May 2018
very good salary and benefits, 50% staff discount. Easy job, they are flexible around uni/ other jobs or commitments. fun and friendly environment with very nice people
Pros
staff benefits
Cons
can be repetitive and boring
Great workplace with disadvantages!
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford2 May 2018
Love Lush and it's ethics! Fantastic training and benefits! Pays the living wage which is great, however, not given enough hours to earn enough to live! Great for a part-time job if studying but not so good for an actual career unless part of the management team, which isn't as good as it should be!
Pros
Living wage and great training
Cons
Not enough contracted hours
Fun and Great working Environment
Order Filler/ Picker (Current Employee) –  Bournemouth, Dorset1 May 2018
Best company i worked for so far, flexible management and great working Environment. one month full Paternity holiday pay and many training options offered.
Former Temp
Temporary Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh23 March 2018
I worked as a Christmas Temp at Lush, and found the experience to be highly rewarding. The job mainly involved approaching and interacting with customers, operating tills, and ensuring shop floor standards were met. All of the staff there were very supportive and friendly, which definitely helped to encourage and motivate me during my time there. There were several employee benefits such as 50% off all products and spa treatment, and the salary was £8.45 per hour, which is one of the highest retail salaries offered for starting positions in Edinburgh. There were a few setbacks to the job, but these did not ruin the overall experience for me. For example, there was significant pressure on employees to perform in a high energy manner without making any mistakes, which was sometimes difficult to upkeep. When you made mistakes, a member of the management team would be watching you, which led to pressure to get things right every time. Lush as a company sets very high standards for itself, so you are expected to approach every customer, even when you feel that they may not want to be spoken to. However, the salary was high enough to make up for these minor cons. My time at lush overall was very positive, and I would definitely consider applying to work there again in the future.
Pros
supportive staff, high salary, good benefits, fun encouraged, lots of overtime
Cons
pressure for perfection, approaches can feel intrusive towards customers
chilled work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bluewater, Kent13 March 2018
very nice company to work for, good salary. The people were very nice there and i made a lot of friends by working at Lush cosmetics, also friendly customers.
Pros
good salary
Cons
very busy
Always a place to learn
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Northern Ireland8 March 2018
During my six years of employment, I have gained key skills in many areas as well as always enjoying every day of work. What a fantastic place to work
Pros
Excellent Salary
Fun place to work at!!!
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds4 March 2018
I loved working there, everyday was fun, lovely team. I learned a lot about hair care, skin care, bath bombs and the ingredients and benefits of all products. Fun Training. Was allowed to use their makeup, which was fun and better to allow customers to see it on me and be able to see how the product looks etc.

The workplace has a mix of people I would say, you have amazing people and then people who just don't really like you but I loved working there regardless, my team leader was lovely, management were Nice.

I enjoyed doing everything there, I would say the most enjoyable part was consultations on customers, trying masks and being able to explain the benefits and ingredients.

I found stock hard but only because the bath bombs had a strong smell and they are heavy but they smelt lovely, so I enjoyed working still.
Pros
Discounts are Fabulous, literally the best.
Cons
The team needs to enjoy working with each other and not keep putting each other down.
Challenging but worth it
Christmas Temp Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester28 February 2018
Lush is a hard place to work as you are required to be friendly and communicative AT ALL TIMES. No time to slack or relax here. But salary is very good and discount is also worth it if you like the products.
Pros
short hours
Cons
no breaks
A beautiful company but unorganised
Supervisor / Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford4 February 2018
Pushed a lot to sell sometimes to a point where you can become uncomfortable, employee care is inconsistent, management is inconsistent and often unfair. A lot of unprofessional and unorganised aspects to the company. Good employee benefits with amazing products and customers, other staff members are brilliant but an exhausting and stressful role that often feels it is not worth the pay. There is a strange Lush culture throughout the company which I think contributes to the negative aspects of the company. Although I think Lush varies massively from store to store.
Pros
Good employee discount
Cons
Short shifts
productive and fun
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Dorset31 January 2018
productive and fun place to work with amazing people and a good experience into production line of cosmetics. also with paid brakes and cheap lunches.
Pros
paid brakes
Cons
early starts
Enjoyable Temporary Job
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Poole25 January 2018
I worked here as a member of the Christmas staff so the job security was pretty low. That being said it was a good work environment and nice to be working with people who have similar ethics regarding the treatment of animals.
Working as a temp at Lush
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Covent Garden, Greater London23 January 2018
Lush have great company culture, and great employee benefits. But working in the Covent Garden store is not ideal, as you are under ground and it is very cramped.
Pros
Free lush products
Cons
no lunch
work
Operator (Former Employee) –  Poole, Dorset23 January 2018
I like the experience.
The staff was so friendly and the shifts are good as well .
The balistic operator staff should be paid more per hour.
I change the job because Im looking for appropiate work conected with my studies.
Pros
good ambient, friendly staff
Cons
unhealthy ambient
I enjoyed working at Lush
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Livingston4 January 2018
I felt enthusiastic about working at lush as it’s an ethical company that also cares about its own workers. I received nothing but knowledge and reasonable roles that I could fufill.
Pros
Hallf-price discount, an amazingly salary
Cons
I could only work 8 hours once a week and it dragged on, however that is not lush fault.
Depends what factory you work for, hated soaps!
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Poole, Dorset4 January 2018
The first factory i worked at i loved. The people i worked with were wonderful, work was enjoyable, people were mostly good to work with, but the manager didnt make much effort to get to know everyone, even after 8 months, they didnt even know my name. The Last factory i worked at was awful. Management was poor, hours were never guaranteed. i was told i would have a job til march but was let go before christmas. there was no team work, a poor bonus scheme, poor hours, which made being there very hard and unenjoyable.
Pros
Paid Breaks, Free products, Working with a great range of people.
Cons
Poor management, Told i would have a job longer than i was given, Not appreciated for the extra work given.
Friendly
General Assistant - work experiance (Former Employee) –  Norwich City Centre, Norfolk16 December 2017
I really enjoyed my work experiance here. Everyone was so friendly and I found it an incredibly happy place to work and learn in. Would definitely recommend.
Pros
Free products
Cons
A long time standing on your feet
Great place for work experience
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Swansea City27 November 2017
I very much enjoyed my time working at LUSH and felt they were helpful and understanding of my time constraints due to school and were flexible with my hours.
Pros
flexible hours, friendly staff, helpful as I had never worked before
Cons
short lunch
Inclusive and Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham New Street Station, West Midlands6 November 2017
A typical day at Lush would focus on customer interactions with a lot of emphasis on demo's and well rounded consultations, whilst also maintaining shop-floor standards, stock rotation and till service.

Management are usually on deck to lend a helping hand and watch over interactions. Over the years management, I think has definitely improved in terms of structure and you can feel their presence more so now. Personally, I have experienced support, understanding and encouragement from the management team, old and new.

The hardest part of the job would be having to be 'on' all the time. This means, smiles all round, extra pep, all of the time. Even more so if you are working a 5 hour shift, you aren't entitled to a break, so shifts can be quite tiresome. Also, if you are working a long day (9.30 - 7.30 is a typical full day) it is an awfully long time to be on your feet. Though this is the case with most retail positions. Recently, one of the hardest things is having to explain every interaction you encounter with a customer, always able to give an answer as to where you went wrong and where you can improve. Whilst I appreciate this is for personal development and the growth of the company, it can feel like 'big brother' and as if you're a grown adult, still at school.

One of the most enjoyable things about working for Lush is getting to meet and know so many diverse individuals that I most likely wouldn't have crossed paths with otherwise. Additionally, not only do you gain a knowledge about the products and their benefits, you are also given a wealth of knowledge
  more... behind where they come from and how they are sourced ethically. Furthermore, working for a company that advocates for human and animal rights alike mean that you are able to part-take in amazing campaigns to help improve the lives of others.  less
Pros
The people, 50% discount, always learning new things, being part of campaigns.
Cons
Limited progression, long hours on your feet, heavy lifting glitter EVERYWHERE

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lush Cosmetics. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2