Lush Cosmetics Employee Reviews for Supervisor

Fun but management structure bad
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  West Sussex18 September 2017
Lush started as a fantastic place to work but slowly the company changed and became more interested in making money than looking after their staff.

Stores are often managed by very young people with little experience which makes it very difficult.

My colleagues were amazing though and made the job fun, and a lot of customers were returning ones - which meant you could build good relationships with them.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Bad management and support
amazing workplace!
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Peterborough8 August 2017
lush will train you to the highest levels of customer service whilst keeping you smelling amazing. The in store energy is a beautiful work environment and the campaigns and ethics of the store arw something we should all be getting more involved with
Pros
lush!
Cons
retail
Good Place to Work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester17 June 2017
Lots of product training, good community. Generally good staff support. Opportunities to gain experience on how to run a store e.g. business drivers etc.
Fun workplace with lovely people
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  London6 June 2017
Lush was a great place to work and everyone there is very friendly. I learned a lot about how to manage a team efficiently and effectively and how to give helpful feedback to staff. The atmosphere among staff is always very positive and friendly. At Christmas the shop gets very busy and can be very stressful to provide the level of customer service expected by the company. It is however a great place to work with lovely people and great ethics.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Poole, Dorset7 February 2017
Every day is different
Over three years numerous thing learned
Management is hit and miss
Culture is very ethics based
Dealing with other departments
Achieving our goals
Pros
Good culture
Cons
working to tight schedules
Average
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Watford, Hertfordshire24 January 2017
Stressful working environment with often disrespectful members of management.
Happy energetic atmosphere with fun Products.
Pros
50% discount on products
Cons
Bad Pay and hard to progress within the company
Excellent company for part time work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow9 January 2017
It can take a very long time to progress in this job if you do not wish to move to England.
It is a very sales focused role as a sales assistant but it can also be a lot of fun. If you are naturally energetic, positive and easily build a relationship with your customers then you will fit right in.
This is a very emotionally, mentally and physically draining job which the pay does not reflect.
Pros
Discount is good
Cons
Low pay for the work you do
Busy, fun place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London14 March 2014
Really loved working at this job, fun people,challenging but lively environment and motivated, enthusiastic staff. My manger was firm but fair, and ran things very well. Great company to work for.
Pros
Excellent people, discounts on products
Cons
Long hours on your feet, the occasional grumpy customer
Fun, ethical fantastic work place
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  redditch16 January 2014
Working with passionate people on a daily basis, meeting new customers and building a great customer base. I learned how to manage a team on my own, and being able to run the shop for a few days without my manager present. This included doing things such as: Cash handling, opening and closing of the shop, assisting my staff members, ensuring deadlines and targets are met.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with such a lovely team, and being able to interact with different people every day, learning new things and being challenged to do my best.