Lush Cosmetics Employee Reviews for Seasonal Associate

Welcoming
christmas temp (Former Employee) –  Romford Town, Greater London14 June 2018
It was my first retail job and they made me feel completely comfortable, the management was great and very supportive. The training was informative and helpful.
Pros
fun and encouraging work environment
Cons
required a lot of knowledge in a short time period
Fun and benefitial
Sales Assistant (Christmas Temp) (Former Employee) –  Solihull24 May 2018
Usually my day would be spent greeting customers when they came into the store and giving them consultations in which i would recommend them products which may be good for them. I learned a lot about ethics, the lush products and how to be a good employee. Management would constantly inform you on where you need to improve. The workplace culture was very nice and welcoming. Nearer the seasonal period, the hardest part of the job was the amount you had to do. You would be constantly running about and expected to know everything which was sometimes stressful. It is a hard job but well worth it for the lovely co-workers, the amazing people you meet and the lovely store environment you're in.
Pros
Good wages, fun
Cons
Need to know a lot of knowledge
Relaxed and inclusive workplace
Christmas Temporary Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sheffield18 April 2018
The company is a very enjoyable company to work for. The staff at all levels are passionate and dedicated. They support their staff in numerous ways, this includes in-store and external training. You learn not only about the products you are selling but about the ingredients contained in it and where and how it was sourced. Also, you learn about the effects certain ingredient has on the face and the body.
Pros
50% off products
Productive and supportive workplace
Seasonal Temporary Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands4 March 2018
The training given was sufficient for the role and I was supported by colleagues in areas I struggled with. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people everyday and making every consultation tailored to the individuals needs. The hardest part of the job was managing tasks and customers during the busy Christmas period.
Pros
Staff discount, careers progression, pension scheme.
Challenging but worth it
Christmas Temp Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester28 February 2018
Lush is a hard place to work as you are required to be friendly and communicative AT ALL TIMES. No time to slack or relax here. But salary is very good and discount is also worth it if you like the products.
Pros
short hours
Cons
no breaks
Interesting and a fun place to work
Christmas Temp Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol30 August 2017
Working at LUSH Broadmead taught me a great deal about how to important the experience that a customer faces when entering the store, as this further defines whether they purchase from you or not. Not only did I learn fascinating elements of the company's products, especially how the cosmetics were made; but I also learnt how to interact more intimately and productively with customers. This took a while for me to adapt because not only did I need to focus on my social skills which I know I am very good at, I needed to make sure that the information I was providing for customers were accurate and helpful. The management were very supportive towards this obstacle and were consistently present if I had the slightest query or worry about my approach with customers.

My employment with LUSH lasted throughout Christmas, one of the most busiest times of the year for the company. Therefore, this was a very busy time for myself and my colleagues who were selling the products. With this, I learnt how to deal with pressure, and multitasking with being attentive towards customers, and adding to the stock in store, and working on the till.
Having worked in jobs previously that required me to handle pressure, such as working behind a bar in the nightclub OMG, this was an interesting learning curve as I had to ensure that I was making sure that the customers were having a positive experience when visiting the store, whilst also keeping in my mind what I'm selling to them and with their ingredients making sure it's the best possible recommendation of product for them.

I truly enjoyed
  more... my time in LUSH Broadmead and I thank the lovely staff there who taught me many great skills and elements when working in hospitality.  less
Such ma fun place to work!
Sales Assistant (Christmas Temp) (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire13 July 2017
Great company to work with, great ethics, great environment, fun and bubbly people to work with and a very chilled productive work place. Lots of benefits such as 50% discount! Can't complain!
Pros
50% Discount
Cons
Have to have a lot of knowledge on ALL the products
Creative and fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Christmas Temporary Staff) (Former Employee) –  Watford, Hertfordshire15 May 2017
A creative and fun workplace with a friendly team who are all passionate about the products and values of LUSH. The general work pace is very manageable, but increases significantly around Christmas time to become quite hectic - but it was still enjoyable nonetheless!
Fantastically managed company
Sales Assistant (Christmas Temp) (Former Employee) –  Cardiff3 April 2017
Fantastic management, all staff treated equally and fairly.
A lot is asked from you to do your job well, but then you receive a lot in return.
Anyone who starts, regardless of age, is on living wage - £7.40 per hour. Lots of staff benefits, team challenges and prizes, along with being given lots of free products to try and test too.
Lovely working environment, real team spirit.
Pros
Great team, good money and benefits
Cons
Lots of 'effort', constantly talking to customers
Supportive and fun
Christmas Temp (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh27 February 2017
Lush Edinburgh are very supportive and encourage you to do your best. They teach you a great deal about the products and really help to improve your customer service skills.
The store became very busy during the Christmas Period so it became quite stressful and busy.
A job that is food for the soul...
Seasonal Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carlisle25 February 2017
Working at Lush Cosmetics is fantastic, once you've done the training and settled into your store I don't think you'll find a nicer environment with better support or benefits. The ethics of the ingredients are not only a massive selling point for the products, but knowing that everything is natural and fairly traded feeds the soul because you know nothing is wasted or bad for the environment.
Pros
Extensive Training, Staff Discount, Living wage
Great environment to work
Christmas Temp (Former Employee) –  Poole, Dorset22 February 2017
Great working environment just the insecurity of always being a temp isn't nice. The working hours are great and there is normally plenty of overtime if needed. Daily bonuses can be achieved which of course is always nice.
Pros
Great working hours
Cons
Can only be a temp
average
Christmas temporary (Former Employee) –  Manchester, UK6 February 2017
the benefits received from working there were helpful, the management helped wherever they could, only problem would be supervisors expectations of staff were far too strict.
Worst job at ballistics lush
Christmas Temp (Former Employee) –  Bournemouth, UK5 February 2017
Management but especially team leaders were a bully bunch of slave drivers.
Had little respect for English employees and would not ask you for the overtime shifts. Negative feedback was given in bucket loads for not reaching the impossible targets (only a chance of achieving them working through your breaks)
Pros
sometimes they gave you broken rejected bath bombs as a token of your soul breaking work
Cons
Fire radio was there choosen method of torture
Fun workplace
Seasonal Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, UK18 January 2017
Great place to work and full of interesting friendly people who share a common ethic. An ethic of green consumerism and low impact natural products shared by the company itself. Nice people and brand.
Really lovely place to work
Christmas Temp Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, West Yorkshire4 January 2017
Loved working here, I always got loads of free stuff and had a wonderful team. We had daily briefs and store budgets to achieve which was competitive but in a fun way in which we had incentives to keep us enthusiastic.

Management were very supportive however at my interview for a new year contract, I didn't get the job because apparently I wasn't passionate enough. Which really made me sad because Lush was the only thing I was passionate about and I know i had good product knowledge, plus I was the only Xmas temp to be contracted the most hours so I felt upset I didn't get the job and 5 others did.

Overall you have to have the enthusiasm and the passion for the job, whilst giving good customer service. My time there was enjoyable throughout but my end of contract/beginning of another was disappointing.
Pros
Lots of incentives, free testers, happy environment
Cons
lunch was usually delayed
Amazing benefits if you can look past the management...
Seasonal Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff15 December 2016
If you can look past the management this job is beautiful, great benefits, nice atmosphere (until the doors are closed) and its an easy job per say. However, some customers do not like being jumped on and will rebuff you which will make you feel pants and management will jump down you throat for this. This happens around 1-5 times a day depending on your luck. It leaves you deflated and self conscious.
Pros
50% off and good wage
Cons
High expectations and catty management
Fun and Fulfilling
Kings Road - Christmas Temp Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chelsea27 June 2016
Learnt an extensive amount about the Lush brand and its cosmetics
Learnt about ingredients used to make the products
Maintained a 5 star customer experience at all times
Very enjoyable advising customers and demoing products
A wonderful company to work for
Fun place to work
Sales Assistant (Christmas Temp) (Former Employee) –  Bluewater6 May 2016
A typical day at work would be very energetic as there is always something to do! The staff are all extremely friendly so the work place is always thriving. As well as meeting targets, staff at Lush provide excellent customer service to everyone who walks through the door. The hardest part of the job is ensuring the shop floor stays clean.
Pros
Half price on products
Supportive workplace
Christmas Temp (Sales Associate) (Former Employee) –  Liverpool21 April 2016
LUSH is a fantastic company to work for, everyone I worked with was incredibly supportive and it was a truly lovely environment to work in. It felt very much like a little family. The most enjoyable part of the job is doing product demonstrations as it allows you to be creative and have a bit of fun. They provide a lot of training so you always felt you had enough information to help the customers find exactly what they needed.
Wish I could work there forever, you always smelt amazing by the end of your shift as well.
Pros
staff discount
Cons
Very busy shops during christmas it can be difficult to do anything as its so packed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lush Cosmetics. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2