Lush Cosmetics Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

Good work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester2 June 2018
Allows you to meet new people and experience new things. You learn so much about beauty and how things are made at Lush. All the staff are incredibly friendslh and all very easy to get along with. The staff and people of higher management all treat you the same and don’t portray an image of being better than you.
Pros
Discount on all products
Cons
Hard work
fun happy
people were crazy
thought they were okay
worth the money
stressfull
Pros
free food
Fun and very busy
Former Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London14 May 2018
I worked at LUSH Oxford Street as a summer temp and it was my very first job. The pay is exceptionally high and the team is wonderful to work with. There's so many unique people you get to meet whilst working here and the products are amazing. You end up smelling like lush everyday (which is lush) and there's a generous discount for colleagues. The training was also really fun and I learnt so much within a short space of time. A typical day would include being briefed, then setting up shop and being allocated to a specific area of the shop. Then it's just providing customer service for the whole day and trying to find the right product for the customers. The management is spectacular as everything is sorted quickly and the supervisors are there to help us at any time without hesitation.The hardest part is that it is always extremely busy but it is fun and manageable. The most enjoyable part is being able to meet so many different people and getting to know them and showing the products that I believe would put a smile on their face. It really is a fun place and you really do feel like a family working there as the support there is really what every store should aim to have.
Pros
Great discount, management and a great environment. Each day is not the same and the pay is high.
Cons
Very busy all the time but it makes the days go quicker.
Supportive Management and Great Training
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nottinghamshire23 April 2018
I worked at LUSH for 6 months after temping for them over the xmas period.
They took me on perm after the xmas period was up.
The staff are all very accepting and the management are the most supportive people i have ever experienced in retail.
They provide amazing, in-depth training and support their staff with this constantly.
They pay well for retail and they constantly give positive feedback.
All in all a lovely place to work.
Pros
Supportive staff
Cons
Not many hours avaliable
Great experience
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire6 April 2018
very friendly working environment. A high standard of knowledge is required about the product and ingredients however training is given. Customer service is expected to be at a very high standard.
Former Temp
Temporary Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh23 March 2018
I worked as a Christmas Temp at Lush, and found the experience to be highly rewarding. The job mainly involved approaching and interacting with customers, operating tills, and ensuring shop floor standards were met. All of the staff there were very supportive and friendly, which definitely helped to encourage and motivate me during my time there. There were several employee benefits such as 50% off all products and spa treatment, and the salary was £8.45 per hour, which is one of the highest retail salaries offered for starting positions in Edinburgh. There were a few setbacks to the job, but these did not ruin the overall experience for me. For example, there was significant pressure on employees to perform in a high energy manner without making any mistakes, which was sometimes difficult to upkeep. When you made mistakes, a member of the management team would be watching you, which led to pressure to get things right every time. Lush as a company sets very high standards for itself, so you are expected to approach every customer, even when you feel that they may not want to be spoken to. However, the salary was high enough to make up for these minor cons. My time at lush overall was very positive, and I would definitely consider applying to work there again in the future.
Pros
supportive staff, high salary, good benefits, fun encouraged, lots of overtime
Cons
pressure for perfection, approaches can feel intrusive towards customers
its ok
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London22 March 2018
im doing sales job, the pay is ok, i am providing a great customer service experience and also helping with other day-today tasks on a daily basis. sales driven job
chilled work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bluewater, Kent13 March 2018
very nice company to work for, good salary. The people were very nice there and i made a lot of friends by working at Lush cosmetics, also friendly customers.
Pros
good salary
Cons
very busy
Always a place to learn
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Northern Ireland8 March 2018
During my six years of employment, I have gained key skills in many areas as well as always enjoying every day of work. What a fantastic place to work
Pros
Excellent Salary
Fun place to work at!!!
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds4 March 2018
I loved working there, everyday was fun, lovely team. I learned a lot about hair care, skin care, bath bombs and the ingredients and benefits of all products. Fun Training. Was allowed to use their makeup, which was fun and better to allow customers to see it on me and be able to see how the product looks etc.

The workplace has a mix of people I would say, you have amazing people and then people who just don't really like you but I loved working there regardless, my team leader was lovely, management were Nice.

I enjoyed doing everything there, I would say the most enjoyable part was consultations on customers, trying masks and being able to explain the benefits and ingredients.

I found stock hard but only because the bath bombs had a strong smell and they are heavy but they smelt lovely, so I enjoyed working still.
Pros
Discounts are Fabulous, literally the best.
Cons
The team needs to enjoy working with each other and not keep putting each other down.
Fun and interesting Job
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Bournemouth27 February 2018
Wonderful job, ethical business with and had scope for progression. High expectations from management for good customer service and product knowledge, but support was available if there were ever any issues.
Pros
Product discounts
Lush indeed!
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff26 January 2018
Lovely staff, so many perks like discounts and testers, lessons (paid) on cosmetics etc, ethical, slight preassure to sell and talk to customers but nothing too scary!
Pros
free stuff
Cons
strict structure
Racist
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford Street, Greater London23 January 2018
Racist company..beware. The put on an animal rights love all humans an kumbaya. However it is just that a front..They are practice systematic white supremacy. Even their products like ''black face'' tells you of their beliefs.
Pros
the customers
Cons
Managers are bullies and racist
Working as a temp at Lush
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Covent Garden, Greater London23 January 2018
Lush have great company culture, and great employee benefits. But working in the Covent Garden store is not ideal, as you are under ground and it is very cramped.
Pros
Free lush products
Cons
no lunch
Lovely Company to work for
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Livingston, West Lothian23 January 2018
LUSH as a company were very intense. Although I enjoyed working there, I often felt that they put a lot of pressure on us as individuals, which was very stressful.
Pros
50% discount for employees
Cons
did not pay for trial shift
Bad Management
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford Street17 January 2018
Management was appalling, all based on culture on self advancement in the workplace. Therefore lots and lots of backstabbing and very childlike behaviour. No coordination between what different managers expected of the staff.
Extremely enjoyable but bad management
Sales Assistant - Temporary (Former Employee) –  London15 January 2018
Extremely enjoyable job but there was extremely poor management during my time with the company which made me think differently about the company and quit my job.
Great place for work experience
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Swansea City27 November 2017
I very much enjoyed my time working at LUSH and felt they were helpful and understanding of my time constraints due to school and were flexible with my hours.
Pros
flexible hours, friendly staff, helpful as I had never worked before
Cons
short lunch
Inclusive and Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham New Street Station, West Midlands6 November 2017
A typical day at Lush would focus on customer interactions with a lot of emphasis on demo's and well rounded consultations, whilst also maintaining shop-floor standards, stock rotation and till service.

Management are usually on deck to lend a helping hand and watch over interactions. Over the years management, I think has definitely improved in terms of structure and you can feel their presence more so now. Personally, I have experienced support, understanding and encouragement from the management team, old and new.

The hardest part of the job would be having to be 'on' all the time. This means, smiles all round, extra pep, all of the time. Even more so if you are working a 5 hour shift, you aren't entitled to a break, so shifts can be quite tiresome. Also, if you are working a long day (9.30 - 7.30 is a typical full day) it is an awfully long time to be on your feet. Though this is the case with most retail positions. Recently, one of the hardest things is having to explain every interaction you encounter with a customer, always able to give an answer as to where you went wrong and where you can improve. Whilst I appreciate this is for personal development and the growth of the company, it can feel like 'big brother' and as if you're a grown adult, still at school.

One of the most enjoyable things about working for Lush is getting to meet and know so many diverse individuals that I most likely wouldn't have crossed paths with otherwise. Additionally, not only do you gain a knowledge about the products and their benefits, you are also given a wealth of knowledge
  more... behind where they come from and how they are sourced ethically. Furthermore, working for a company that advocates for human and animal rights alike mean that you are able to part-take in amazing campaigns to help improve the lives of others.  less
Pros
The people, 50% discount, always learning new things, being part of campaigns.
Cons
Limited progression, long hours on your feet, heavy lifting glitter EVERYWHERE
Great place to work with plenty of benefits
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Merry Hill, West Midlands5 November 2017
Would definitely recommend, lots of benefits and friendly staff! However if you are temporary staff there isn’t a guarantee you can return to the job in the future so keep in mind if you want a permanent position in the company
Pros
50% staff discount, free products to test, friendly atmosphere, good pay
Cons
Long hours, job not guaranteed to last if in temporary position

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lush Cosmetics. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2