Lush Cosmetics Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

Productive and inviting workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester Arndale7 September 2018
The whole job experience at Lush Cosmetics is so fun. The staff and workers are so lovely and make you feel like you fit right in. The work load is manageable and is easy to be completed. My experience of working there has taught and helped me to boost my organisational skills and has given me a lot more confidence about working independently, but still being able to rely on my co-workers if i am facing any difficulties in any of my tasks
Pros
Free Products
Cons
A lot of standing
Fun!
TEMPORARY SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Livingston4 September 2018
Would defo be a seasonal worker there again. A lot of fun and the customer service training alone is so valuable for future employment! However if you're sensitive to strong smells this one might not be for you. Felt like by the end the scent of Sugar Fairy was coming out of my pores.
Pros
a lot of fun
Cons
temporary
Temporary Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire2 September 2018
I worked at Lush as a Christmas temp a couple of years ago and it was a great job! It really built my confidence and made me more outgoing. The management were great, in fact all of my collegues were lovely and supportive. The only thing I would say is that sometimes they push a bit too hard for you to be constantly talking to customers and selling the products to them. I know that’s what shops are supposed to do and their customer service policy as a whole is amazing but especially around Christmas customers often just want you to leave them to it and they get annoyed at you if you try and help them. The shifts can also be quite tiring, 8 hours on your feet is tough. They give you great training about all the products though. Overall, they’re a great company to work for, I would recommend it as a gap year job and for people who want to build their confidence and communication and customer service skills! There is also a chance to progress, a lot of my collegues became core members after Christmas and some of them are now part of the management!
Pros
Great rate of pay, flexible hours, 50% discount, free pick of the stuff they can’t sell
Cons
Apart from what I said below, nothing!
Fun and rewarding work environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lancaster21 August 2018
Fantastic place to work that provides a friendly and fun working environment with excellent wages and benefits and fantastic working for such an ethical and inspiring company
Enjoyable and positive workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne21 July 2018
I spent a week doing work experience at LUSH in Eldon square in 2017 and heavily enjoyed the experience and would definitely recommend that other people also do their work experience here or work for the company.
Pros
Free products
Cons
Short breaks
Fun and creative place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham17 July 2018
Definitely a place where you can be yourself. The more creative the better. Challenging at times but it is fun and you get the support from all of your colleagues.
Fun and positive workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Truro, Cornwall17 July 2018
Lovely place to work. Just got a new manager who seems great.
Everyone is positive and they are keen to help you progress.
Lush customers are usually really nice.
Productive and fun
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Poole13 July 2018
I gained a great insight into such a wonderful company.
I liked those who I worked with and the customers where pleasant.
I would not reccomend if you are hoping for a job afterward due to their lack of organization and long interview process.
Pros
Fun and interesting
Cons
management team seem scattered
Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Exeter, Devon5 July 2018
Working at LUSH had such a fun atmosphere, you forgot you were actually working there! Being able to demonstrate the products to and on the customers was a bonus.
Managment were unfair and had favourites
Sale Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dudley, West Midlands29 June 2018
Always felt uncomfortable when working, staff would not let you fit in. Lush give this ethos of everybody is welcome bu management definitely have their favourites! I was studying at the time but this was never considered, I ended up really stressed working there it was horrible in the end. Always felt less than great by management, especially one as she always seemed to dislike me. I was never welcomed like others were e.g. never welcomed with a hug, or not spoken to at all compared to how others were treated, always ignored. May sound like it shouldn't bother anybody but at the end of the day you want to work for a company that you feel appreciated and at least liked by! The hardest part of the job was having to memories codes, I don't understand why they were never next to the till? This was at Christmas too so extra codes to remember. You had to sell3 things about a product! Most customers didn't care but you were always watched by others to see how you were doing, made me feel so uncomfortable. The most enjoyable bit was the 50% discount!
Pros
Discount
Cons
Management had favourites

Want to know more about Lush Cosmetics?

Ask a question
Fun and energetic workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Swansea20 June 2018
This job was never boring. Working in this place was very exciting and enjoyable and always lifted spirits. Management was kind in discussing shifts, and it was relatively easy to pick up extra hours also.
Good work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester2 June 2018
Allows you to meet new people and experience new things. You learn so much about beauty and how things are made at Lush. All the staff are incredibly friendslh and all very easy to get along with. The staff and people of higher management all treat you the same and don’t portray an image of being better than you.
Pros
Discount on all products
Cons
Hard work
fun happy
people were crazy
thought they were okay
worth the money
stressfull
Pros
free food
Fun and very busy
Former Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London14 May 2018
I worked at LUSH Oxford Street as a summer temp and it was my very first job. The pay is exceptionally high and the team is wonderful to work with. There's so many unique people you get to meet whilst working here and the products are amazing. You end up smelling like lush everyday (which is lush) and there's a generous discount for colleagues. The training was also really fun and I learnt so much within a short space of time. A typical day would include being briefed, then setting up shop and being allocated to a specific area of the shop. Then it's just providing customer service for the whole day and trying to find the right product for the customers. The management is spectacular as everything is sorted quickly and the supervisors are there to help us at any time without hesitation.The hardest part is that it is always extremely busy but it is fun and manageable. The most enjoyable part is being able to meet so many different people and getting to know them and showing the products that I believe would put a smile on their face. It really is a fun place and you really do feel like a family working there as the support there is really what every store should aim to have.
Pros
Great discount, management and a great environment. Each day is not the same and the pay is high.
Cons
Very busy all the time but it makes the days go quicker.
Supportive Management and Great Training
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nottinghamshire23 April 2018
I worked at LUSH for 6 months after temping for them over the xmas period.
They took me on perm after the xmas period was up.
The staff are all very accepting and the management are the most supportive people i have ever experienced in retail.
They provide amazing, in-depth training and support their staff with this constantly.
They pay well for retail and they constantly give positive feedback.
All in all a lovely place to work.
Pros
Supportive staff
Cons
Not many hours avaliable
Great experience
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire6 April 2018
very friendly working environment. A high standard of knowledge is required about the product and ingredients however training is given. Customer service is expected to be at a very high standard.
Former Temp
Temporary Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh23 March 2018
I worked as a Christmas Temp at Lush, and found the experience to be highly rewarding. The job mainly involved approaching and interacting with customers, operating tills, and ensuring shop floor standards were met. All of the staff there were very supportive and friendly, which definitely helped to encourage and motivate me during my time there. There were several employee benefits such as 50% off all products and spa treatment, and the salary was £8.45 per hour, which is one of the highest retail salaries offered for starting positions in Edinburgh. There were a few setbacks to the job, but these did not ruin the overall experience for me. For example, there was significant pressure on employees to perform in a high energy manner without making any mistakes, which was sometimes difficult to upkeep. When you made mistakes, a member of the management team would be watching you, which led to pressure to get things right every time. Lush as a company sets very high standards for itself, so you are expected to approach every customer, even when you feel that they may not want to be spoken to. However, the salary was high enough to make up for these minor cons. My time at lush overall was very positive, and I would definitely consider applying to work there again in the future.
Pros
supportive staff, high salary, good benefits, fun encouraged, lots of overtime
Cons
pressure for perfection, approaches can feel intrusive towards customers
its ok
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London22 March 2018
im doing sales job, the pay is ok, i am providing a great customer service experience and also helping with other day-today tasks on a daily basis. sales driven job
chilled work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bluewater, Kent13 March 2018
very nice company to work for, good salary. The people were very nice there and i made a lot of friends by working at Lush cosmetics, also friendly customers.
Pros
good salary
Cons
very busy
Always a place to learn
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Northern Ireland8 March 2018
During my six years of employment, I have gained key skills in many areas as well as always enjoying every day of work. What a fantastic place to work
Pros
Excellent Salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lush Cosmetics. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2