Lush Cosmetics Employee Reviews in Poole

Found 82 reviews matching the search See all 1,264 reviews
The best job on planet earth
Customer Care Advisor (Former Employee) –  Dolphin Quays,Poole.11 September 2018
I worked in Customer Care in Lush's Head Office in Poole. Without a doubt the happiest job I have ever had. It felt like I was part of the family, indeed the CEO would pop in regularly to say "hi" and see how folks were doing.

These people care about each other and it shows. When you are happy you work hard, so it works both ways.

If you are lucky enough to get in, never leave.
Pros
They treat you with respect and care about each individual.
Cons
If you leave, you might not get back in again.
Fun
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Poole, Dorset27 July 2018
It was a fun place to work in, it was full on and very fast pacing. It was a challenge but I like to be a good challenge.
It was a good place to work in, I gained real good experience working there
I’ve gained working with people and getting along as a team, getting along as a team gets the job done quicker and easier and it’s a better environment to work in when your in a good friendly environment
Pros
Free stock
Cons
The hours
Production
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Poole, Dorset15 November 2018
I worked at Lush Dairy in hamworthy this year from end July and finished up end of October. I have never come across so many unhelpful, discriminative as well as racist people in my life. This company has the cheek to snoop all over your public forum which should NOT be allowed as far as I'm concerned! The bosses have absolute no idea of how to manage or talk to their employees at all! It's an utter disgrace and they expect high quality work to be produced but they give you mounds that are all broken split and just rubbish. They treat their employees like slaves and it's like being in a German war camp! Each factory behaves so differently and what one factory does the other doesn't do. But surely this is one company. I shall NEVER EVER be applying to such a disorganised awful place again!! They couldn't organise anything and they hire and fire for the most ridiculous reasons too! BEWARE of this place!
Pros
Free boots and free coffee
Depends where you work
Administrative (Current Employee) –  Poole28 October 2018
I started at Lush over 10 years ago. Originally working in the factories in Poole as a Christmas temp. I moved around between factories for many years finding the same problems a lot in each department. A lot of the management have got their jobs due to relationships with other people within Lush instead of due to work ethic or skills. This then meant that jobs were not being completed properly and meant there was a lot of job satisfaction between the employees.
I was lucky enough, after years of perseverance and due to my previous work experience to get an administrative role within the company and it is like a completely different world. You feel as though you are treated a lot more like a person instead of just a number and you are thanked for a job well done. I would say if you were to consider a role within Lush, yes to administrative work but a definite no to factory work.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Staff treatment, long hours to boost pay
Happy and rewarding job
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Poole, Dorset6 August 2018
Generally pretty easy, can get boring as you do the same thing, but depends if you like consistency ! Bonuses and work benefits are brilliant especially the discount ! Not much opportunity to be taken on permanently though.
Benefits
Cons
Hard work, not enough pay and not much advancement
Loads of reasons why I like working at this job
Produciton Assistant (Former Employee) –  Poole, Dorset20 June 2018
I worked in the Ballistics department. Digital department is slow and boring in comparison.

1. Working at Lush allows you to work independently. No stressing out because of poor communication with others.

2. GREAT STAFF and GREAT MANAGEMENT. Lots of female staff there as well. This is probably the best thing about Ballistics.

3. Unlike Digitial Ballistics has targets which are challenging to meet. This is why at Ballistics you find your job rewarding whereas at Digital you question what you're doing with your life.

4. Dress code: Wear what you want. Lots of people wore sports clothing, vests, shorts, etc. Radio played on speakers inside the warehouse.

5. Three breaks per shift and free hot drinks
Pros
Independence, great staff/management
Cons
Almost none except travelling there can be difficult
Loved working there however they have poor management
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Poole25 October 2018
Loved day to day working there however staff turn over was ridiculous and i didnt have chance to keep working there for very long and was given no notice at all when i was let go.
Productive and fun
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Poole13 July 2018
I gained a great insight into such a wonderful company.
I liked those who I worked with and the customers where pleasant.
I would not reccomend if you are hoping for a job afterward due to their lack of organization and long interview process.
Pros
Fun and interesting
Cons
management team seem scattered
Challenging
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Poole10 March 2018
Use computers for various applications, such as database management or word processing.Create, maintain and enter information into databases.
Set up and manage paper or electronic filing systems, recording information, updating paperwork or maintaining documents, such as attendance records, correspondence or other material.
Adhere to all applicable regulations, policies and procedures for health, safety and environmental compliance.
Inspect finished products for quality and adherence to customer specifications.
Set up and operate production equipment in accordance with current good manufacturing practices and standard operating procedures.
Monitor and adjust production processes or equipment for quality and productivity.
Wonderful place real sence of love
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Poole, Dorset1 May 2018
Lush is a busy place to work made lots of things I never thought I could and found a sence of family I look forward to going there again 01 day :) I have no more to say
Pros
Bonus
Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Poole17 April 2018
Funplace to work. The staff are all very welcoming and helpful. I learnt many new skills whilst working there. I highly recommend to anyone who is hoping to work in the cosmetics industry.
Depends what factory you work for, hated soaps!
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Poole, Dorset4 January 2018
The first factory i worked at i loved. The people i worked with were wonderful, work was enjoyable, people were mostly good to work with, but the manager didnt make much effort to get to know everyone, even after 8 months, they didnt even know my name. The Last factory i worked at was awful. Management was poor, hours were never guaranteed. i was told i would have a job til march but was let go before christmas. there was no team work, a poor bonus scheme, poor hours, which made being there very hard and unenjoyable.
Pros
Paid Breaks, Free products, Working with a great range of people.
Cons
Poor management, Told i would have a job longer than i was given, Not appreciated for the extra work given.
Amazing workplace
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Poole, Dorset17 April 2018
I've worked for different departments in Lush. My favourite workplace with absolutely friendly staff. I enjoyed every day of my work . I'd go back to work for them.
Temporary Production Assistance (Former Employee) –  Poole2 April 2018
I enjoyed working here as a temporary christmas temp. The hours were suitable for myself and everybody worked well within the team. I would work here again
Lush was fun
Role - Production assistant (Former Employee) –  Poole2 January 2018
I found that working as production assistant in lush is relaxing and fun to do. However, the music in all factories is very repetitive which doesn't help when you need to stand for 8 hours straight doing the same job over and over. Hardest part of the job is getting there and Ballistics department.
work
Operator (Former Employee) –  Poole, Dorset23 January 2018
I like the experience.
The staff was so friendly and the shifts are good as well .
The balistic operator staff should be paid more per hour.
I change the job because Im looking for appropiate work conected with my studies.
Pros
good ambient, friendly staff
Cons
unhealthy ambient
Enjoyable Temporary Job
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Poole25 January 2018
I worked here as a member of the Christmas staff so the job security was pretty low. That being said it was a good work environment and nice to be working with people who have similar ethics regarding the treatment of animals.
Im enjoying myself
Production assistant (Current Employee) –  Poole, Dorset13 November 2017
You will definitely enjoy yourself working for Lush. Its very diverse, and you get to talk to a wide range of different people. The hours are good and the staff are understanding and flexible around you. The only down side is the pressure put on you to reach your daily targets.
Pros
Friendly, enjoyable
Cons
pressure
Fast paced, fun and friendly.
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Poole16 March 2018
A typical day for me was from 3:30pm to 11:30pm. It was always fast paced and strict deadlines in the department I was in ( warehouse operative ).

I learned a few things at my short period there. Mainly that your attitude contributes to what day you will have. Many people there were friendly with me because I took time to know them and was always friendly.

Management were excellent. Especially the head manager of our gifts department. He was so friendly and always let you know if ya did a good job.

The culture was... different I would say. There were some English people there, the majority however were not and sometimes it was a struggle to understand them. I felt like an outcast a little sometimes when they spoke their own language.

Hardest part of my job was probably the hours. It was quite difficult to fit them around my social life and family. However the 2 days off a week do help.

The most enjoyable part of the job for me were the few people I became friends with. They really made my day worth it and were always there to help.
Pros
Free hot chocolate, Good pay, Safe working environment.
Cons
Work hours, not many English people, hard to maintain social life.
A great place to build a career
Finance (Former Employee) –  Poole, Dorset2 December 2017
Lush is the ideal company to work for to gain a broad range of experience. There is plenty of opportunity to grow your career and move into roles in line with ambition.
Pros
Free massages
Cons
Occasional long hours away

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lush Cosmetics. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2