Lush Cosmetics Employee Reviews in Poole

Wonderful place real sence of love
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Poole, Dorset1 May 2018
Lush is a busy place to work made lots of things I never thought I could and found a sence of family I look forward to going there again 01 day :) I have no more to say
Pros
Bonus
Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Poole17 April 2018
Funplace to work. The staff are all very welcoming and helpful. I learnt many new skills whilst working there. I highly recommend to anyone who is hoping to work in the cosmetics industry.
Amazing workplace
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Poole, Dorset17 April 2018
I've worked for different departments in Lush. My favourite workplace with absolutely friendly staff. I enjoyed every day of my work . I'd go back to work for them.
Temporary Production Assistance (Former Employee) –  Poole2 April 2018
I enjoyed working here as a temporary christmas temp. The hours were suitable for myself and everybody worked well within the team. I would work here again
Fast paced, fun and friendly.
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Poole16 March 2018
A typical day for me was from 3:30pm to 11:30pm. It was always fast paced and strict deadlines in the department I was in ( warehouse operative ).

I learned a few things at my short period there. Mainly that your attitude contributes to what day you will have. Many people there were friendly with me because I took time to know them and was always friendly.

Management were excellent. Especially the head manager of our gifts department. He was so friendly and always let you know if ya did a good job.

The culture was... different I would say. There were some English people there, the majority however were not and sometimes it was a struggle to understand them. I felt like an outcast a little sometimes when they spoke their own language.

Hardest part of my job was probably the hours. It was quite difficult to fit them around my social life and family. However the 2 days off a week do help.

The most enjoyable part of the job for me were the few people I became friends with. They really made my day worth it and were always there to help.
Pros
Free hot chocolate, Good pay, Safe working environment.
Cons
Work hours, not many English people, hard to maintain social life.
Challenging
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Poole10 March 2018
Use computers for various applications, such as database management or word processing.Create, maintain and enter information into databases.
Set up and manage paper or electronic filing systems, recording information, updating paperwork or maintaining documents, such as attendance records, correspondence or other material.
Adhere to all applicable regulations, policies and procedures for health, safety and environmental compliance.
Inspect finished products for quality and adherence to customer specifications.
Set up and operate production equipment in accordance with current good manufacturing practices and standard operating procedures.
Monitor and adjust production processes or equipment for quality and productivity.
Enjoyable Temporary Job
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Poole25 January 2018
I worked here as a member of the Christmas staff so the job security was pretty low. That being said it was a good work environment and nice to be working with people who have similar ethics regarding the treatment of animals.
work
Operator (Former Employee) –  Poole, Dorset23 January 2018
I like the experience.
The staff was so friendly and the shifts are good as well .
The balistic operator staff should be paid more per hour.
I change the job because Im looking for appropiate work conected with my studies.
Pros
good ambient, friendly staff
Cons
unhealthy ambient
Good workpace
Bath bomb presser (Former Employee) –  Poole4 January 2018
I would recommend this workplace and this was a good environment to work in, make friends really quick and its a fast paced job. The pay was good for what you had to do.
Depends what factory you work for, hated soaps!
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Poole, Dorset4 January 2018
The first factory i worked at i loved. The people i worked with were wonderful, work was enjoyable, people were mostly good to work with, but the manager didnt make much effort to get to know everyone, even after 8 months, they didnt even know my name. The Last factory i worked at was awful. Management was poor, hours were never guaranteed. i was told i would have a job til march but was let go before christmas. there was no team work, a poor bonus scheme, poor hours, which made being there very hard and unenjoyable.
Pros
Paid Breaks, Free products, Working with a great range of people.
Cons
Poor management, Told i would have a job longer than i was given, Not appreciated for the extra work given.
Lush was fun
Role - Production assistant (Former Employee) –  Poole2 January 2018
I found that working as production assistant in lush is relaxing and fun to do. However, the music in all factories is very repetitive which doesn't help when you need to stand for 8 hours straight doing the same job over and over. Hardest part of the job is getting there and Ballistics department.
A great place to build a career
Finance (Former Employee) –  Poole, Dorset2 December 2017
Lush is the ideal company to work for to gain a broad range of experience. There is plenty of opportunity to grow your career and move into roles in line with ambition.
Pros
Free massages
Cons
Occasional long hours away
Im enjoying myself
Production assistant (Current Employee) –  Poole, Dorset13 November 2017
You will definitely enjoy yourself working for Lush. Its very diverse, and you get to talk to a wide range of different people. The hours are good and the staff are understanding and flexible around you. The only down side is the pressure put on you to reach your daily targets.
Pros
Friendly, enjoyable
Cons
pressure
fun but misleading
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Poole, Dorset29 June 2017
whilst the work at digital fulfilment is enjoyable some of the team leaders are incompetent and purposefully detrimental and the management seem not to care one bit. the general staff are nice and friendly but as previously stated most of the higher ups are usless.
Pros
fun people, good hours
Cons
incompetent leadership
MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Poole, Dorset20 June 2017
it was ok not the best at communication pay was good the hardest part of the job was moving large boxes of cardboard throw a ever changing maze of obstacles.
Pros
eh
Cons
eh
Compounder (Former Employee) –  Poole, Dorset2 June 2017
Lush has a very energetic and fun atmosphere. Great place to work with very friendly staff and managers. Can get very busy at times but always fun meeting new people.
Pros
Paid brakes
Ambiente de trabajo divertido
Departamento de elaboracion de productos (Former Employee) –  Poole30 May 2017
mi colegas!
ambiente agradable
Jefes amiable
bien pagado
Nice workplace
packer and despatch (Former Employee) –  Poole, Dorset4 May 2017
I was very happy working with hood people in Lush. Truly, it was bad decision leave this job. There ard many profesional workers with hugh skills in beauty industry.
Lush xmas temp work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Poole, Dorset3 May 2017
Good and interesting opportunity. Cultured working environment thats for sure...in the factories i mean. GREAT PAY. Average management and security however the atmosphere as it led up to xmas and given the freebies and jolly nature of the job was excellent
Production Operative
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Poole, Dorset3 May 2017
Generally LUSH are a good company to work for, they have god pay rates and bonus scheme and now have new and improved benefits for permanent staff. Working on a temporary contract however means you can be let go on a weeks notice and they do not appear to value career progression.
Pros
Working hours
Cons
It takes over a year to obtain a Permanent contract

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lush Cosmetics. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2