Lush Cosmetics Employee Reviews in Manchester

Found 10 reviews matching the search See all 1,264 reviews
Good work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester2 June 2018
Allows you to meet new people and experience new things. You learn so much about beauty and how things are made at Lush. All the staff are incredibly friendslh and all very easy to get along with. The staff and people of higher management all treat you the same and don’t portray an image of being better than you.
Pros
Discount on all products
Cons
Hard work
Challenging but worth it
Christmas Temp Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester28 February 2018
Lush is a hard place to work as you are required to be friendly and communicative AT ALL TIMES. No time to slack or relax here. But salary is very good and discount is also worth it if you like the products.
Pros
short hours
Cons
no breaks
Area for improvment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester29 August 2017
I joined as a christmas temp and at first i enjoyed the job role but there was no strong lead management. The work moral was very low with little benefits, Managment could be better
Good Place to Work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester17 June 2017
Lots of product training, good community. Generally good staff support. Opportunities to gain experience on how to run a store e.g. business drivers etc.
average
Christmas temporary (Former Employee) –  Manchester, UK6 February 2017
the benefits received from working there were helpful, the management helped wherever they could, only problem would be supervisors expectations of staff were far too strict.
Fun and Interesting place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester6 January 2017
Fun place to work full of interesting people, good place to learn about skin care and ingredients.
Paid well and good discount on products.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester4 January 2017
I had a really fun time working at Lush. It was fast paced and busy therefore you were able to talk to many different people and have fun whilst you're act it. There's something really nice about helping people find what they're looking for.
Productive and fun workplace
Part Time Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester19 May 2016
I enjoyed this experience as it helped me gain a lot of confidence and self-esteem. There was something to look forward to every minute while I was working there. I learnt how to deal with customers professionally, how to manage till and re-stock the shelves. My manager was amazing throughout this wonderful experience, she helped and supported from the start till the end. My co-workers were very friendly and easy to get along with, I felt I could be myself and I appreciated that. It was really fun because I personally love this company and adore their products so this made it a lot easier for me as I knew what I was talking about with the customers. The most enjoyable part of this job was demonstrating the products and working on the till. The hardest part of the jobs were lifting heavy boxes and dealing with challenging behavior.
Pros
Bonuses and half price off products
Cons
very tiring
Productive and enjoyable
Sales Assistant (Christmas Temp) (Former Employee) –  Manchester City Centre5 October 2015
I worked at Lush in the Arndale centre in Manchester during the Christmas period. I had already worked at lush beforehand so I knew what the job entailed. I did gain a few more skills working at this store in particular as it's a very popular store, within a busy shopping centre. The skills I learnt were how to handle a situation if the customers are in trouble or are causing trouble in the store, other than that all the skills were the same : working behind the tills, stocking shelves, stock taking, selling to the customer, finding what is best for the customer, cutting products, weighing products, cleaning and marketing lush and their ethics to customers. Once again this was only a Christmas temp job but I loved my time working here and learnt a lot about working in a very busy environment.
Pros
Discount on lovely items