Lush Cosmetics
Updates from Lush Cosmetics:

Lush Cosmetics Employee Reviews

United Kingdom479 reviews
Fun place to work
At Lush, no day is exactly the same. With excellent management, you're sure to be in good hands. The hardest thing about working at Lush is maintaining your cool when a customer is particularly rude to you. But the company tells you that you don't need to be in any situations you don't want to be in. This is a really rewarding place to work.
balistic
bardzo srednia praca mozlona i monnotona jezli ktos lubi robic w kołko i to samo to zapraszam
Interesting and supportive environment
Lots of training and support is provided so that you can get stuck in to talking to customers. You will be serving people and talking to people all day, demoing and selling things. If you aren't confident and brave when you start, you will be when you finish!
Productive and fun workplace
Everyone is so lovely and supportive and you feel like a team. They are all very understanding and want to support your personal journey. The management are all very friendly and shifts can be made to suit and fit in with your life and what's needed in the shop.
Pros
Discount on products
Lovely
Loved working here and wish I hadn't had to leave. Fun staff, nice customers and amazing discount. The job can be stressful and theres a lot to learn but it is worth it.
Great place!
Lush is a great place to work for, they take everyone's individual needs into account when delegating tasks and work hours. It did become very fast paced and stressful around Christmas but that is to be expected.
Fun workplace
LUSH cosmetics is a fully supportive environment to work within that really understands and appreciates each of its employees. The company has a very fun approach to business so there is never a dull moment - definitely keeps you on your toes! LUSH is also great at developing their staffs abilities and strives to stretch these through in-depth training sessions for example till training and massage training. Overall LUSH cosmetics is a fair and ethical place to work for, I definitely recommend as a part time job.
Absolute terrible job, cult like and racist!
Hated every minute, managers are rude and stuck up. Cult like and clear cut favourites ! Nothing is ever good enough. They are constantly giving bad feedback when it should be mixed and no respect given to new staff members. Cleaning is always done by y least favourite.
Pros
Cons
Everything!!!
Working here made me no longer a fan of lush products
I thought working at lush would be fun and enjoyable but after working there i am no longer a fan of lush and refuse to ever buy their products again.
Management are bullies and b**ch about you to other members of management, everything you do is wrong, you get micromanaged and gaslighted, all the management staff are fake and say nasty things about you behind your back. Confidentiality doesn’t exist as they’ll b**ch about your health problems to other members of management.

Expected to hound on customers to the point where customers will get peed off and leave the shop.

Expected to memorise everything and then get belittled and bullied when you can’t remember everything.

For a company that prides itself on being ethically woke they treat their staff like sh*te to the point where many of their staff have had mental breakdowns because of the stress, and they care more about reaching a certain ££ target each day than actually helping customers find what they’re looking for.

Only positive is you get 50% of the products but after working there i never want to purchase another lush product again.

If you’re passionate about lush, don’t work for lush, i made that mistake and now using lush products brings me nothing but anger and sadness. Don’t ruin your love for the products by working for them, you’ll find out what the company is really like behind doors.
Productive and fun work place
A typical day at work is fast paced, with lots of learning involved. Everyday you meet a vast and varies array of customers, making the day enjoyable and memorable. I have learned key communication skills, such as active listening, and cosmetics in general. The management teams are friendly, cooperative and most importantly, they care. The hardest part of the job is the amount of product knowledge that is sometimes required but you are regularly trained in new and existing products and it is sometimes also the most enjoyable part of the job.
Best job ever
Absolutely loved working for lush. So far to say it’s the best job I’ve ever hd. Just a shame the contact was so short! Only 3 month contract. If it was permanent it would be my ideal job!
Hate it
They say they don’t test on animals but treat u like one unbelievable high targets not reachable managers not approachable got to be a friend to get somewhere
Productive and a great workplace
At lush, they helped boost my confidence into the customer service category. They made me reach targets i needed to reach, and it made me have a better understanding of a fast paced work placement
fun but competitive
a fun job but they push you to meet goals so much that it doesn't feel like fun anymore. all they care about is meeting targets and selling items. it feels very insincere with customers
Fun workplace DEPENDENT
I worked for Lush for many many years. It was great! I loved my whole team. The sales and the management. The training is on going and never ending. Always something new to learn!
Loads of room for progression within the company, I couldn’t fault my job.

But It really depends on your management and team.

We had a super strong team until it was broken by a bad manager who was arrogant, selfish and careless. Once they decide they don’t like you they use all the tools to push you out the company.

Majority of the staff left due to this!

So it’s basically a win win
Pros
Discount, flexible hours
Cons
Selfish co workers
Amazing experience
I worked for Lush over Christmas, and it was genuinely the best retail experience I’ve ever had. Obviously, it’s very hands on with customers and can be a bit daunting at first, but once you get into a routine of greetings, customer interactions get easier. All the staff are lovely, and management are genuinely so supportive and made the entire environment a million times better.
A typical day at work would be building up on extensive knowledge to pass on to customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was building trustworthy relationships with customers.
The place is the bomb
Amazing people and an incredible dedicated company to work for. Professionalism combined with upbeat honestly in a perfect manner. Always supportive and smelling delightful.
Toxic
I'm literally micro managed & given heavy bouts of negative feedback to stalk customers around the store and not leave them alone. Management = toxic!
Productive and fun
Working in Lush Spa Cardiff was a very nice experience and I will apply again for the temporary sales assistant post, when they going to recruiting. It is fun.
Productive and fun workplace
The best thing about Lush is that they are open-minded and willing to give an opportunity to everyone. The core values of the company are amazing. The only minus is the temporary roles that unfortunately don't run all year round.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lush Cosmetics. Our community is ready to answer.