Lush Cosmetics Employee Reviews

Found 315 reviews matching the search See all 1,264 reviews
Fast paced yet rewarding workplace.
Christmas Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh27 November 2018
Working at Lush gave me the opportunity to advance my skills within a retail and customer service environment. The training and development on offer within the company is second to none and the chance to progress within your role is always encouraged.
Production
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Poole, Dorset15 November 2018
I worked at Lush Dairy in hamworthy this year from end July and finished up end of October. I have never come across so many unhelpful, discriminative as well as racist people in my life. This company has the cheek to snoop all over your public forum which should NOT be allowed as far as I'm concerned! The bosses have absolute no idea of how to manage or talk to their employees at all! It's an utter disgrace and they expect high quality work to be produced but they give you mounds that are all broken split and just rubbish. They treat their employees like slaves and it's like being in a German war camp! Each factory behaves so differently and what one factory does the other doesn't do. But surely this is one company. I shall NEVER EVER be applying to such a disorganised awful place again!! They couldn't organise anything and they hire and fire for the most ridiculous reasons too! BEWARE of this place!
Pros
Free boots and free coffee
Not for everyone
Festive Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow7 November 2018
Lush is an amazing company and for the most part a great place to work for. You always go home smelling great, never have to handle anything gross and get a fab employee discount. It can however be very cliquey and you must always perform well and mesh well with all higher members of staff - as well as be good at your job - in order to progress.
Great Place
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  York, North Yorkshire2 November 2018
Great place to work, good wage and a laugh! Management team are always there to listen and accomidate a work/life balance. You also get the oppertunity of being a brand ambassator showcasing the company history, core brand values and ethics.
Very fun and supportive workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Watford31 October 2018
Lush Cosmetics is by far the best employment that I ever had. The staff are very friendly and supportive and you learn so many cool and interesting things whilst working there. I wish I could go back.
Pros
Great training
Cons
Sometimes rude and entitled customers
Depends where you work
Administrative (Current Employee) –  Poole28 October 2018
I started at Lush over 10 years ago. Originally working in the factories in Poole as a Christmas temp. I moved around between factories for many years finding the same problems a lot in each department. A lot of the management have got their jobs due to relationships with other people within Lush instead of due to work ethic or skills. This then meant that jobs were not being completed properly and meant there was a lot of job satisfaction between the employees.
I was lucky enough, after years of perseverance and due to my previous work experience to get an administrative role within the company and it is like a completely different world. You feel as though you are treated a lot more like a person instead of just a number and you are thanked for a job well done. I would say if you were to consider a role within Lush, yes to administrative work but a definite no to factory work.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Staff treatment, long hours to boost pay
High energy, fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bournemouth26 October 2018
Days would consist of ensuring customers received 5* experiences, this includes sit down consultations inspired by their spa's, to tailoring products to the customers needs.

I learned loads about all products and ingredients - where they're sourced and what their effect is on the skin, as well as the ethics behind the brand.

Pay is great and their are many employee benefits, as well as the various career paths available within the company.

Hardest part would be keeping energy high and learning the products, but once ingredients are learned the rest comes easy.

Management and other members within the company are also supportive and incredibly professional.
Pros
employee benefits, great shift hours
Loved working there however they have poor management
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Poole25 October 2018
Loved day to day working there however staff turn over was ridiculous and i didnt have chance to keep working there for very long and was given no notice at all when i was let go.
great fun
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford Street12 October 2018
nice place to work company has really good core beleifs so its great to work somewhere that invest so much in the enviroment. also the store smells so nice.
Fun working environment
Sales Advisor/Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Birmingham12 October 2018
The company holds great values and really appreciates all that its staff does for them. They are an innovative company always striving for the best. There is plenty of room to grow within the company so if you have certain talents they will be enhanced. I would highly recommend working in a smaller store as the bigger ones (Birmingham) sometimes lose the core values of the company and can become difficult to work in however the smaller stores have a real family feeling and make you feel right at home.
Best job I’ve had
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff21 September 2018
One of the most supportive environments I’ve worked in. I’ve really struggled with my mental health but the management team were so supportive in helping me continue to work and get better.
The pay was great, way above the industry standard and rotas were always up 4 weeks in advance which I’ve never had in a retail job before.
I got so much training to do my job and felt like they really wanted me to do well. There’s a strong feedback culture but it was always to help you do your job.
Some people struggled with this but ultimately they just didn’t want to work hard and were called out on it.
Great staff perks like spa treatments, discount and flexible days off if you give enough notice.
Gutted to leave because of moving home
Pros
Management team
Cons
Heavily customer facing
The best job on planet earth
Customer Care Advisor (Former Employee) –  Dolphin Quays,Poole.11 September 2018
I worked in Customer Care in Lush's Head Office in Poole. Without a doubt the happiest job I have ever had. It felt like I was part of the family, indeed the CEO would pop in regularly to say "hi" and see how folks were doing.

These people care about each other and it shows. When you are happy you work hard, so it works both ways.

If you are lucky enough to get in, never leave.
Pros
They treat you with respect and care about each individual.
Cons
If you leave, you might not get back in again.
Productive and inviting workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester Arndale7 September 2018
The whole job experience at Lush Cosmetics is so fun. The staff and workers are so lovely and make you feel like you fit right in. The work load is manageable and is easy to be completed. My experience of working there has taught and helped me to boost my organisational skills and has given me a lot more confidence about working independently, but still being able to rely on my co-workers if i am facing any difficulties in any of my tasks
Pros
Free Products
Cons
A lot of standing
Fun!
TEMPORARY SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Livingston4 September 2018
Would defo be a seasonal worker there again. A lot of fun and the customer service training alone is so valuable for future employment! However if you're sensitive to strong smells this one might not be for you. Felt like by the end the scent of Sugar Fairy was coming out of my pores.
Pros
a lot of fun
Cons
temporary
Lovely
Sales Assistant and In-store Trainer (Current Employee) –  Peterborough3 September 2018
Best place to work.
So much to learn and really helped me improve my people skills. So into the vibe and the culture of the workplace. Good campaigns and great salary
Temporary Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire2 September 2018
I worked at Lush as a Christmas temp a couple of years ago and it was a great job! It really built my confidence and made me more outgoing. The management were great, in fact all of my collegues were lovely and supportive. The only thing I would say is that sometimes they push a bit too hard for you to be constantly talking to customers and selling the products to them. I know that’s what shops are supposed to do and their customer service policy as a whole is amazing but especially around Christmas customers often just want you to leave them to it and they get annoyed at you if you try and help them. The shifts can also be quite tiring, 8 hours on your feet is tough. They give you great training about all the products though. Overall, they’re a great company to work for, I would recommend it as a gap year job and for people who want to build their confidence and communication and customer service skills! There is also a chance to progress, a lot of my collegues became core members after Christmas and some of them are now part of the management!
Pros
Great rate of pay, flexible hours, 50% discount, free pick of the stuff they can’t sell
Cons
Apart from what I said below, nothing!
Fun and rewarding work environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lancaster21 August 2018
Fantastic place to work that provides a friendly and fun working environment with excellent wages and benefits and fantastic working for such an ethical and inspiring company
Happy and rewarding job
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Poole, Dorset6 August 2018
Generally pretty easy, can get boring as you do the same thing, but depends if you like consistency ! Bonuses and work benefits are brilliant especially the discount ! Not much opportunity to be taken on permanently though.
Benefits
Cons
Hard work, not enough pay and not much advancement
Compassionate and driven work place
Christmas Temp (Former Employee) –  Bristol City Centre, Bristol31 July 2018
Work was enjoyable, the company as a whole are very understanding of personal circumstances. The role itself is very intense and immersive so a genuine interest is needed. Management were well organised but I felt little human interest in ensuring that all staff gel as a team - more out of work activities could help this? V good bonus system
Pros
50% discount, product knowledge and living wage
Cons
Lack of overtime availability, stand offish management
Fun place to work.
Seasonal Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Dundee, Dundee City30 July 2018
The most exciting retail job you could ask for. All staff are hard working and get on well. Demonstrating products you love and selling a company which you believe in is brilliant.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lush Cosmetics. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2