Lush Cosmetics Employee Reviews

Found 306 reviews matching the search See all 1,230 reviews
Fun working environment
Sales Advisor/Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Birmingham12 October 2018
The company holds great values and really appreciates all that its staff does for them. They are an innovative company always striving for the best. There is plenty of room to grow within the company so if you have certain talents they will be enhanced. I would highly recommend working in a smaller store as the bigger ones (Birmingham) sometimes lose the core values of the company and can become difficult to work in however the smaller stores have a real family feeling and make you feel right at home.
Best job I’ve had
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff21 September 2018
One of the most supportive environments I’ve worked in. I’ve really struggled with my mental health but the management team were so supportive in helping me continue to work and get better.
The pay was great, way above the industry standard and rotas were always up 4 weeks in advance which I’ve never had in a retail job before.
I got so much training to do my job and felt like they really wanted me to do well. There’s a strong feedback culture but it was always to help you do your job.
Some people struggled with this but ultimately they just didn’t want to work hard and were called out on it.
Great staff perks like spa treatments, discount and flexible days off if you give enough notice.
Gutted to leave because of moving home
Pros
Management team
Cons
Heavily customer facing
The best job on planet earth
Customer Care Advisor (Former Employee) –  Dolphin Quays,Poole.11 September 2018
I worked in Customer Care in Lush's Head Office in Poole. Without a doubt the happiest job I have ever had. It felt like I was part of the family, indeed the CEO would pop in regularly to say "hi" and see how folks were doing.

These people care about each other and it shows. When you are happy you work hard, so it works both ways.

If you are lucky enough to get in, never leave.
Pros
They treat you with respect and care about each individual.
Cons
If you leave, you might not get back in again.
Productive and inviting workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester Arndale7 September 2018
The whole job experience at Lush Cosmetics is so fun. The staff and workers are so lovely and make you feel like you fit right in. The work load is manageable and is easy to be completed. My experience of working there has taught and helped me to boost my organisational skills and has given me a lot more confidence about working independently, but still being able to rely on my co-workers if i am facing any difficulties in any of my tasks
Pros
Free Products
Cons
A lot of standing
Fun!
TEMPORARY SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Livingston4 September 2018
Would defo be a seasonal worker there again. A lot of fun and the customer service training alone is so valuable for future employment! However if you're sensitive to strong smells this one might not be for you. Felt like by the end the scent of Sugar Fairy was coming out of my pores.
Pros
a lot of fun
Cons
temporary
Lovely
Sales Assistant and In-store Trainer (Current Employee) –  Peterborough3 September 2018
Best place to work.
So much to learn and really helped me improve my people skills. So into the vibe and the culture of the workplace. Good campaigns and great salary
Temporary Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire2 September 2018
I worked at Lush as a Christmas temp a couple of years ago and it was a great job! It really built my confidence and made me more outgoing. The management were great, in fact all of my collegues were lovely and supportive. The only thing I would say is that sometimes they push a bit too hard for you to be constantly talking to customers and selling the products to them. I know that’s what shops are supposed to do and their customer service policy as a whole is amazing but especially around Christmas customers often just want you to leave them to it and they get annoyed at you if you try and help them. The shifts can also be quite tiring, 8 hours on your feet is tough. They give you great training about all the products though. Overall, they’re a great company to work for, I would recommend it as a gap year job and for people who want to build their confidence and communication and customer service skills! There is also a chance to progress, a lot of my collegues became core members after Christmas and some of them are now part of the management!
Pros
Great rate of pay, flexible hours, 50% discount, free pick of the stuff they can’t sell
Cons
Apart from what I said below, nothing!
Fun and rewarding work environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lancaster21 August 2018
Fantastic place to work that provides a friendly and fun working environment with excellent wages and benefits and fantastic working for such an ethical and inspiring company
Happy and rewarding job
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Poole, Dorset6 August 2018
Generally pretty easy, can get boring as you do the same thing, but depends if you like consistency ! Bonuses and work benefits are brilliant especially the discount ! Not much opportunity to be taken on permanently though.
Benefits
Cons
Hard work, not enough pay and not much advancement
Compassionate and driven work place
Christmas Temp (Former Employee) –  Bristol City Centre, Bristol31 July 2018
Work was enjoyable, the company as a whole are very understanding of personal circumstances. The role itself is very intense and immersive so a genuine interest is needed. Management were well organised but I felt little human interest in ensuring that all staff gel as a team - more out of work activities could help this? V good bonus system
Pros
50% discount, product knowledge and living wage
Cons
Lack of overtime availability, stand offish management
Fun place to work.
Seasonal Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Dundee, Dundee City30 July 2018
The most exciting retail job you could ask for. All staff are hard working and get on well. Demonstrating products you love and selling a company which you believe in is brilliant.
Fun
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Poole, Dorset27 July 2018
It was a fun place to work in, it was full on and very fast pacing. It was a challenge but I like to be a good challenge.
It was a good place to work in, I gained real good experience working there
I’ve gained working with people and getting along as a team, getting along as a team gets the job done quicker and easier and it’s a better environment to work in when your in a good friendly environment
Pros
Free stock
Cons
The hours
Enjoyable and positive workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne21 July 2018
I spent a week doing work experience at LUSH in Eldon square in 2017 and heavily enjoyed the experience and would definitely recommend that other people also do their work experience here or work for the company.
Pros
Free products
Cons
Short breaks
Fun and creative place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham17 July 2018
Definitely a place where you can be yourself. The more creative the better. Challenging at times but it is fun and you get the support from all of your colleagues.
Fun and positive workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Truro, Cornwall17 July 2018
Lovely place to work. Just got a new manager who seems great.
Everyone is positive and they are keen to help you progress.
Lush customers are usually really nice.
Productive and fun
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Poole13 July 2018
I gained a great insight into such a wonderful company.
I liked those who I worked with and the customers where pleasant.
I would not reccomend if you are hoping for a job afterward due to their lack of organization and long interview process.
Pros
Fun and interesting
Cons
management team seem scattered
Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Exeter, Devon5 July 2018
Working at LUSH had such a fun atmosphere, you forgot you were actually working there! Being able to demonstrate the products to and on the customers was a bonus.
Managment were unfair and had favourites
Sale Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dudley, West Midlands29 June 2018
Always felt uncomfortable when working, staff would not let you fit in. Lush give this ethos of everybody is welcome bu management definitely have their favourites! I was studying at the time but this was never considered, I ended up really stressed working there it was horrible in the end. Always felt less than great by management, especially one as she always seemed to dislike me. I was never welcomed like others were e.g. never welcomed with a hug, or not spoken to at all compared to how others were treated, always ignored. May sound like it shouldn't bother anybody but at the end of the day you want to work for a company that you feel appreciated and at least liked by! The hardest part of the job was having to memories codes, I don't understand why they were never next to the till? This was at Christmas too so extra codes to remember. You had to sell3 things about a product! Most customers didn't care but you were always watched by others to see how you were doing, made me feel so uncomfortable. The most enjoyable bit was the 50% discount!
Pros
Discount
Cons
Management had favourites
Loads of reasons why I like working at this job
Produciton Assistant (Former Employee) –  Poole, Dorset20 June 2018
I worked in the Ballistics department. Digital department is slow and boring in comparison.

1. Working at Lush allows you to work independently. No stressing out because of poor communication with others.

2. GREAT STAFF and GREAT MANAGEMENT. Lots of female staff there as well. This is probably the best thing about Ballistics.

3. Unlike Digitial Ballistics has targets which are challenging to meet. This is why at Ballistics you find your job rewarding whereas at Digital you question what you're doing with your life.

4. Dress code: Wear what you want. Lots of people wore sports clothing, vests, shorts, etc. Radio played on speakers inside the warehouse.

5. Three breaks per shift and free hot drinks
Pros
Independence, great staff/management
Cons
Almost none except travelling there can be difficult
Fun and energetic workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Swansea20 June 2018
This job was never boring. Working in this place was very exciting and enjoyable and always lifted spirits. Management was kind in discussing shifts, and it was relatively easy to pick up extra hours also.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lush Cosmetics. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2