Lush Cosmetics Employee Reviews

Fun and energetic workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Swansea20 June 2018
This job was never boring. Working in this place was very exciting and enjoyable and always lifted spirits. Management was kind in discussing shifts, and it was relatively easy to pick up extra hours also.
Fun, kind Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire17 June 2018
Lush was an amazing place to work, treating staff great and giving great benefits. I loved working there and loved all the free/discounted prices. Only downside is how much there was to learn.
Pros
50% discount
Welcoming
christmas temp (Former Employee) –  Romford Town, Greater London14 June 2018
It was my first retail job and they made me feel completely comfortable, the management was great and very supportive. The training was informative and helpful.
Pros
fun and encouraging work environment
Cons
required a lot of knowledge in a short time period
Good work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester2 June 2018
Allows you to meet new people and experience new things. You learn so much about beauty and how things are made at Lush. All the staff are incredibly friendslh and all very easy to get along with. The staff and people of higher management all treat you the same and don’t portray an image of being better than you.
Pros
Discount on all products
Cons
Hard work
Fantastic
Customer Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Watford27 May 2018
Fabulous company to be a part of when I was there, you can get on with people, they really teach you about being the best at customer service, fantastic benefits such as discount on their products
fun happy
people were crazy
thought they were okay
worth the money
stressfull
Pros
free food
fun place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire23 May 2018
very good salary and benefits, 50% staff discount. Easy job, they are flexible around uni/ other jobs or commitments. fun and friendly environment with very nice people
Pros
staff benefits
Cons
can be repetitive and boring
Fun and very busy
Former Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London14 May 2018
I worked at LUSH Oxford Street as a summer temp and it was my very first job. The pay is exceptionally high and the team is wonderful to work with. There's so many unique people you get to meet whilst working here and the products are amazing. You end up smelling like lush everyday (which is lush) and there's a generous discount for colleagues. The training was also really fun and I learnt so much within a short space of time. A typical day would include being briefed, then setting up shop and being allocated to a specific area of the shop. Then it's just providing customer service for the whole day and trying to find the right product for the customers. The management is spectacular as everything is sorted quickly and the supervisors are there to help us at any time without hesitation.The hardest part is that it is always extremely busy but it is fun and manageable. The most enjoyable part is being able to meet so many different people and getting to know them and showing the products that I believe would put a smile on their face. It really is a fun place and you really do feel like a family working there as the support there is really what every store should aim to have.
Pros
Great discount, management and a great environment. Each day is not the same and the pay is high.
Cons
Very busy all the time but it makes the days go quicker.
Great people, iffy management.
Customer and Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hampshire13 May 2018
I loved working with the people I did, there was always a great environment on the shop floor and I built friendships that lasted after the termination of my contract.
However, in my particular store the management was slightly uncooperative with regards to assisting on the shop floor.
A typical day at work involves long hours of standing up, but the supervisors are generally pretty good at giving you a break if you need one.
The hardest part of the job is the restocking just because of the customers, they try and take the new stock before it's even out of the boxes. Smile politely and you'll be just fine.
Pros
Great pay and good people
Cons
Long hours on your feet if you take long shift patterns
Great workplace with disadvantages!
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford2 May 2018
Love Lush and it's ethics! Fantastic training and benefits! Pays the living wage which is great, however, not given enough hours to earn enough to live! Great for a part-time job if studying but not so good for an actual career unless part of the management team, which isn't as good as it should be!
Pros
Living wage and great training
Cons
Not enough contracted hours
Fun and Great working Environment
Order Filler/ Picker (Current Employee) –  Bournemouth, Dorset1 May 2018
Best company i worked for so far, flexible management and great working Environment. one month full Paternity holiday pay and many training options offered.
Wonderful place real sence of love
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Poole, Dorset1 May 2018
Lush is a busy place to work made lots of things I never thought I could and found a sence of family I look forward to going there again 01 day :) I have no more to say
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Fantastic, fun company, great benefits
SALES ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Dundee, Dundee City26 April 2018
I honestly could not have wished for a better weekend job to have had alongside my highers. The company is amazing with fantastic ethics, and the perks are better that most other places offer.
Pros
Staff Discount
Supportive Management and Great Training
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nottinghamshire23 April 2018
I worked at LUSH for 6 months after temping for them over the xmas period.
They took me on perm after the xmas period was up.
The staff are all very accepting and the management are the most supportive people i have ever experienced in retail.
They provide amazing, in-depth training and support their staff with this constantly.
They pay well for retail and they constantly give positive feedback.
All in all a lovely place to work.
Pros
Supportive staff
Cons
Not many hours avaliable
Relaxed and inclusive workplace
Christmas Temporary Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sheffield18 April 2018
The company is a very enjoyable company to work for. The staff at all levels are passionate and dedicated. They support their staff in numerous ways, this includes in-store and external training. You learn not only about the products you are selling but about the ingredients contained in it and where and how it was sourced. Also, you learn about the effects certain ingredient has on the face and the body.
Pros
50% off products
Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Poole17 April 2018
Funplace to work. The staff are all very welcoming and helpful. I learnt many new skills whilst working there. I highly recommend to anyone who is hoping to work in the cosmetics industry.
Amazing workplace
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Poole, Dorset17 April 2018
I've worked for different departments in Lush. My favourite workplace with absolutely friendly staff. I enjoyed every day of my work . I'd go back to work for them.
Great experience
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire6 April 2018
very friendly working environment. A high standard of knowledge is required about the product and ingredients however training is given. Customer service is expected to be at a very high standard.
Temporary Production Assistance (Former Employee) –  Poole2 April 2018
I enjoyed working here as a temporary christmas temp. The hours were suitable for myself and everybody worked well within the team. I would work here again
Former Temp
Temporary Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh23 March 2018
I worked as a Christmas Temp at Lush, and found the experience to be highly rewarding. The job mainly involved approaching and interacting with customers, operating tills, and ensuring shop floor standards were met. All of the staff there were very supportive and friendly, which definitely helped to encourage and motivate me during my time there. There were several employee benefits such as 50% off all products and spa treatment, and the salary was £8.45 per hour, which is one of the highest retail salaries offered for starting positions in Edinburgh. There were a few setbacks to the job, but these did not ruin the overall experience for me. For example, there was significant pressure on employees to perform in a high energy manner without making any mistakes, which was sometimes difficult to upkeep. When you made mistakes, a member of the management team would be watching you, which led to pressure to get things right every time. Lush as a company sets very high standards for itself, so you are expected to approach every customer, even when you feel that they may not want to be spoken to. However, the salary was high enough to make up for these minor cons. My time at lush overall was very positive, and I would definitely consider applying to work there again in the future.
Pros
supportive staff, high salary, good benefits, fun encouraged, lots of overtime
Cons
pressure for perfection, approaches can feel intrusive towards customers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lush Cosmetics. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2