Lufthansa Technik Employee Reviews

Really productive with lots of fun people around
Planning Engineer (Full Time) (Former Employee) –  London5 April 2017
The work place is in west part of London very near to Heathrow airport. you start early and finish like at 4 in afternoon then you have almost like 4-5 hours everyday to do your own personal thing.
Paint Sprayer (Current Employee) –  Heathrow, Greater London4 April 2017
A good place to work if you enjoy tight deadlines

Learned a lot in 10 years of employment

Management could do with some extra training to be honest

Hardest part of the job would be knowing how to mind read

Most enjoyable part of the job is customer satisfaction
Pros
good money if you're willing to work hard
Cons
lack of communication skills from the management
Hard work
Electroplater (Current Employee) –  Hayes, Greater London30 January 2017
Work at the Lufthansa Technik 4 days on and 4 days off, 12 hours work day. I learned to read technical drawings, and whole process of servicing the landing gear. My main area is pleating shop.
Usually, as we begin the work I have to check each individual component what is a layer of chromium plated. Is it sufficient. If so, I have to purify it and convey it to bake for the release of water from component.Then prepares next part to do chrome plating.
Part check is it agree with a drawing I have to do blast the part, mask the area which is not chrome. I cleaned surfaces where the plate. Connect to the charger calculate the area and voltage then start. I learned to process chrome, cad, blast, shot penn, bake, most important things you need to observe deadlines on which the gear to be ready.Important is the precision of the chromium plate and cadium plate them to not repeat, of course, was associated to it with the costs, delays and reputation.
From management does not require knowledge about the process of servicing.Their task is to observe deadlines.
I learned a lot through good contact with the employees with long experience.They are very helpful.
The hardest work is chrome inside the component of hard to figure out.
I like when I'm doing everything made with high quality.
Pros
Discount on tickets
Cons
Long Hours
Its an average place to work
Final Inspector (Current Employee) –  Hayes, ENG12 April 2015
Work can vary given the nature of the job. one month you can be stacked with work, the next have nothing.

Co-workers are a good group, they are the best part of the company. Management... well that depends on what section you are in.
Pros
Cheaper flights
Cons
Shift work for most
Building Maintenance
Maintenance Operative/Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hayes22 September 2014
Day starts at 7am, firstly would check all CNC's, lathes to ensure oil/fluids are fully topped up an any spillage's would need spilsorb (would compile a daily/weekly/monthly log of what mating uses what), check waste material bins for metal recycling and security of correct metals.
Secondly
Walk around the entire factory emptying full bins, labelling up hazardous waste, logging the waste into a book, an disposing the waste in the correct bins. Outside I would use a forklift truck to compact waste, to create more space in the bins, helping the company save money.
Third.
I would do a visual check on the entire factory (careen, offices and toilets) of lighting. I would note down what is failing on a light and where it is, report back to my manager, email out to the relevant area, an arrange access to the light to carry out the fix required.
Fourth
I would empty all bottle traps (being urinal and basin) as we had a daily high amount of blockages.
Fifth
Assist engineers with tasks that were continually arising as out factory works 24/7 364 days each year.
Pros
Close to me
good company culture but old ERP System
Costing and Finance Accountant (Current Employee) –  London, ENG6 July 2014
I learned to take over responsibility and work under time pressure.

The hardest part of the job is to work with the old ERP System
Pros
fun workplace
Cons
old system
Challenging workplace and fun
Assembly Technician (Current Employee) –  London, ENG25 October 2013
Good Management, extremely organized , great work enviroment and colleagues.