Ludlow Street Healthcare

Ludlow Street Healthcare Employee Reviews

Featured review
Ludlow Street Healthcare selected this as a representative review
I am a senior support worker and have worked for the company for 3 and a half years. I started as a trainee support worker and I have a brilliant manager who has encouraged and supported me to progress within my job role to a senior support worker. The company provide excellent training when you first start with them and throughout your time working for them. You can also earn a good wage if you put in the overtime. I work by supporting clients who have moved from a hospital setting, into a community setting and this is very rewarding when you see that your and there hard work has paid off and they are living as part of a community. The company offer an excellent care package to clients and if you work hard the company do recognise and appreciate this. The only thing I would say is that it would be beneficial for senior management to listen to the staff more, who work with the service users day to day and let them have more input. I work with an excellent team who all look out for each other.
Pros
Good training, rewarding
Cons
Senior management to allow support staff to have more input
I teach woodwork at Beechwood College and can honestly say I really enjoy my job, the staff I work with are amazing and the students are a joy to work with too, I find it a very rewarding job with support from management when required.
Pros
Support, good work environment
Since working for Ludlow Street Healthcare they are very focus and driven in providing excellent training for staff to complete the relevant requirements expected within their job roles as well as fantastic opportunities for career progression if that is what your interested in.
Former employee for Ludlow. worked there a few Months ago. Manager is as useless as can be. Doesn’t appreciate staff. Pay is awful. Long shifts that you don’t get a thank you for from the manager. Expects you to have 10 arms when they don’t help you. Manager doesn’t have any social skills, don’t respect their staff.
Pros
Cons
Just another employee that will replace you
Horrible company to work for that only seemed to care about profits and filling beds. Don’t be deceived by them attempting to show they care, they really don’t. As a single mother that needs flexibility, I was never given the ability to change my shifts. The pay was ok but barely minimum wage. Management are horrendous and don’t care about staff. Turn over of staff is huge. You’ll see new people all the time as they don’t seem to retain staff. Overall bad experience and would never recommend
Pros
Pay reasonable
Cons
Management and culture
Good workpalce culture. Decent management. I enjoyed going with colleagues and have meeting at restaurant. Celebrate the positives. Shine a light on areas where improvements can be made. Communication. Collaboration and teamwork. Problem-solving. Quality and accuracy of work. Attendance and dependability. Ability to accomplish goals and meet deadlines. Excels. Decisive. Responsive. Dedicated. Knowledgeable. Honest. Thorough.
I worked for Ludlow for around 7 years. I worked in the community setting firstly as a support worker and then as a senior. There are good opportunities to learn and progress, both in the role and educationally. If you do your job well you will get enjoyment from the workplace. No company is perfect, I think that there are changes needed for staff and service users. In my experience Seniors in the community have much much more responsibilities and workload compared to their counterparts in the secure settings but are paid less. I never had any satisfying explications for this when raised, felt like it was just the way things are. Over time I think that the service user mix and suitability for a home does not work and can be predicted very early on however I also know this is not entirely the fault of LSH but just the changes in funding/placement requirements. Other than these personal ‘niggles’ of mine I enjoyed my time there, made some lifelong friends, was supported professionally and personally, progressed both personally and professionally, learnt a lot, gained qualifications, had great training, felt secure in my role and most importantly have a lot of fond memories from working with the service users. I was lucky enough to be aware of some business/corporate/financial decisions that made me understand certain decisions that were needed to sustain the service to a high standard and feel that some staff were unaware of the service requirements on a whole in the care sector or were unwilling to accept certain things that were required. My point being I was given insight - more...
Pros
Education
Cons
Pay to expectation ratio in certain roles
Challenging area with limited staff support. Poorly led. Planning and development was unfulfilled often. Staff were not led well or supported to develop or improve their performance. It felt like a tense and threatening management approach. I was glad to leave.
Management favour staff members. They do not care about their employees like they make out. You can be as loyal and trustworthy as can be, will still be walked over and spoken down on. I love the care industry but this company changed my views and confidence massively.
Stressful, over hyped on adverts, not was. It states on the tin. Poor management, money making and no care for staff welfare or issues or pay enquiries
15 April 2020
We are sorry that your experience working for us was not positive. Working in mental health services is not for everyone. Our recruitment team have all worked as Support Workers so they make every effort to make people aware of both the challenges and rewards of the job. It is also sad to hear that you believe we do not care about staff welfare. We do not believe your view is representative of the general staff feeling, particularly now when we have received praise from staff for the considerable commitment we have made to staff welfare and safety during the coronavirus pandemic.
ive worked in care for the better part of 15 years and this is by far the worst company I've worked for it started out so promising the 2 weeks intensive training was really interesting but the moment you get into your place of work it all changes in the first hour of my first shift I was left on my own to support someone who is 2:1 at all times got a nice big scratch down my face, the team leaders are far to quick to put hands on when 9 times out of 10 it's them that is elevating the person and if they just left the room the situation would resolve it self, and if you go to the manager about anything you just get at best ignored or my personal favourite given the worst shift possible, please if you want to make a career in care DON'T WORK HERE
3 March 2020
I have read your review today and, whilst the challenging conditions that we sometimes have to work with can have a negative impact on our staff’s working experience, your comments caused me a great deal of concern.We very much regret that your experience has not been good, and I am anxious to understand what has gone wrong here and what we can do to improve the issues you have identified.I would really appreciate it if you would contact me in confidence at ChiefExecutive@lshealthcare.co.uk as I would like to ensure we make all the amends needed to ensure that this does not happen again.David Lawrence, Chief Executive
20 March 2020
Hi, I have not heard back from you. If you believe you have seen some genuine safeguarding issues it is vital you report them so we can investigate. You can contact me in confidence at chiefexecutive@lshealthcare.co.ukDavid Lawrence, CEO.
30 March 2020
As someone who has worked in care for 15 years you will be aware of your professional duty to report any safeguarding issues. The fact that you have not been in touch must lead us to assume that you are unable to support your claims and we can do nothing to follow this up. If you do have any evidence then I would encourage you again to get in touch. David Lawrence, Chief Executive
A good place to work , with good teamwork ethic amongst staff always look after each other. Intense environment with the clients best interests at heart.
12 hour shifts can be hard work, but generally good working environment, very supportive management, and supported progression through the company, regular supervisions for support if having to deal with challenging behaviour.
No training given after induction for any supervisor Poor staff retention means the good people leave and you’re stuck with useless support staff Too much reliance on agency staff
It's all been said before on here.What an unprofessional and disorganised company Ludlow Street healthcare is. The HR department is at best described as unprofessional.They don't have a clue what they're doing and make villains of support workers.It's really worrying. The actual place of work is poor all round as well.Got broken and old equipment to do our jobs.Puts clients and staff at ris.Computers that don't even work properly but more concerned with opening the new ward at the back.We have mop staff to open the ward but they're doing it anyway. Someone mentioned about the pay rise in another review.We've had it.So they've given us a pay rise so were just above minimum wage all over again.It's a joke.If you have a pulse they'll employ you so don't worry.Concerned that so many nurses have left.More are going to leave in a few weeks to.New hospital manager who don't listen to the concerns.No suitable activities for clients and rubbish care given.Clueless agency workers so we work twice as hard to fill the gaps they leave.Wouldn't let my mates work there
I worked at st.peters for over 4 years. Would I recommend it, absolutely not. It could be a fantastic place to work if problems were resolved and an investigation to see why staff leave as quick as they do. I've had 3 managers in that time. The turnover of staff both clinical and support is worrying, this needs to be addressed. There is a bullying culture there, if you're face fits your fine.
The role could prove challenging at times, but I always felt extremely proud of the work we did. No better reward than seeing service users overcome challenges, become more independent and improve their quality of life, with your support. Management were always supportive, and staff are offered career progression with the option to complete NVQ's and opportunities to rise through the ranks, into more senior roles. Disappointing to see the negative reviews, as working alongside our service users never felt any less than a privilege to me. I learnt so much during my time as a support worker, and have grown as a person because of it.
Great Company, very people centred, focused on the needs of both clients and staff. It is a very challenging role but also very rewarding. Investment in people is encouraged.
The place I worked was fun, however the company did not appear to care about staff at all. Staff did not feel appreciated or treated appropriately. Also, management was poor!
Great staff team we all support each other Low pay for the job you have to do you would think they would pay you more. Long hours and unfair rotas. You could be working 55 hours plus one week and 12 hours the next before over time
I wouldn’t put my worst enemy here as the staff member Massive turnover of staff absolutely no support from senior management All they seem to care about is profit profit profit what brings in the money and that’s all that matters wrong mix of clients that are left to wonder when they should be one-to-one this is when incidents happen to staff and service users Constantly short staffed are co cunsuyou bullying culture