Lubrizol

Lubrizol Employee Reviews

A day in the life...
Nice place to be - some good folk around you for support and guidance.
Varied job with occasional travel.

Good location for lunchtime walks.

Communication with international colleagues
Productive and relaxed environment
Successful Additive manufacturing company. Many different departments on site from chemistry labs to manufacturing engineering solutions. Very nice location.
Decent place to work
Good management, good working culture with very interesting science and access to top quality equipment. Only bad thing is the difficulty in progression within the company, without a PhD it is exceptionally difficult to move anywhere, even if you are more experienced and talented.
Fun and relaxed workplace
I worked at Lubrizol to complete my Msc Thesis. The workplace is relaxed and people really polite. It was possible to work with Engineers and technicians in a collaborative working environment. There is a great collaboration among different departments.
Pros
Working enviornment
The most enjoyable organization of my career
Fun working place with supportive management & all colleagues & strong union behind employees. No work tension or excess work load. The best canteen facility ever enjoyed in my career.
Productive and fun workplace
I really enjoyed my placement, if it was up to me I wouldn't have left! The team I worked with were fantastic and the day to day work was so varied and challenging, exactly what you would expect from a placement.

My colleagues were great, both in the UK office I was based in and also the people I worked with overseas. I formed some amazing friendships and still keep in touch with everyone now.

I was really surprised by the support system that was in place at Lubrizol. Everybody was approachable which isn't what I have been used to in previous jobs. Everybody was treated with the same amount of respect, whether you were a student or the European Manager, it was a good feeling.

There was never a day that went by that I was bored. Supporting over 7000 machines around the globe didn't leave time to be bored, but at the same time it wasn't overwhelming either.

In my role I was give a massive amount of responsibility, which was brilliant. I was able to make decisions that made a difference to the company and also prevent problems that could have arisen if there wasn't any intervention. I really felt like my voice was heard and that what I did mattered.

I learnt a huge amount of both life skills and technical skills on my placement. I grew both in confidence and also academically whilst at Lubrizol, the experience was priceless and I really value my time there.
An excellent company to work for
Lubrizol has been the best company I have had the pleasure to work for. It takes care of it's staff, and everyone is treated with the same respect, regardless of creed or colour. The management are excellent people to work for, and I feel sad that my contract has come to an end and I will soon be leaving this 'family' culture type company. A normal working day would see me ariving around 7:45 and immediately starting work. Because the job is so enjoyable the first 2 hours go quickly, then it's tea time. A short period of 2 hours takes me to lunch time. The afternoon session passes just as fast, then it is tea time at 3:00. Following this a short 45mins takes me to home time, and I leave, awaiting the following day when I can start all over again. The staff I work with are all friendly people, and a good time is had by everyone in the department, with friendly 'banter' being circulated around everyone.
Pros
excellent meals at greatly reduced prices
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Lubrizol?