Lowell Group Employee Reviews

Progressive and Lively place to work.
Customer Accounts Advisor (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire9 October 2018
Lowell thrives on customer experience, we're talking to real people with real issues - we are trained to understand each circumstance and deal with everyone individually. New call, new experience!

Processes in place for customers are great. This job feels rewarding as we're helping people manage things better. All the negative connotations with companies such as ours are erased once we speak to someone. The majority feel better after speaking to us.

As employees we are rewarded well with a competitive salary, we have the opportunity to work for pay rises within our job role in accordance to tenure and targets. Compliance, regulations etc are managed thoroughly. FCA regulates us and everything feels good. I revel in the happiness of whoever Ive helped. Its a positive environment.

Overtime has other incentives (in addition to pay) attached to it, this makes it worth while and all the while we feel appreciated. Team Leaders have a good relationship with all the surrounding teams not only theirs. Management is thorough and the neccesary support is provided as and when needed.

I could just go on. Its an amazing place to be at. Amazing progression. Your team leader and the development teams within Lowell will help you progress to roles you wish to work within.
Pros
Great over time incentives, free parking, subsidised lunches, free on site gym and great management and teams!
Cons
Commute, but thats my personal issue, theres nothing to complain about!!
Fast Paced Evolving Business
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire27 September 2018
A very fast paced evolving business adapting to the current trends in market. Since I have start the company has growth massively in size as well as its market ownership. Its value in each employee allows us to deliver the best customer service to our customers. I would recommend this place of work to anybody!
rapidly expanding but built on weak foundations
Manager/Director (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire16 August 2018
Ridiculous workloads with lack of resource to deliver massive change and expansion agenda
Huge employee turnover including senior leadership
All the focus is on the call centre -including pay
Absolute minimum benefits - such as no sick pay or only 2 weeks outside the call centre
Still run as a small start up business with lack of process and investment in foundations
Pros
opportunities for progression
Cons
basic benefits and poor culture
Caa
Management Training (Current Employee) –  Leeds29 July 2018
Great place to work. I am working as a CAA. This is a high pressured job but the reward is fantastic, If you have the right manager you get excellent support.
Excellent place to work at
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire11 June 2018
If you are an ambitious head strong person who wants to achieve quickly and get reasonably paid for it, then Lowell is the place for you. It’s very intense and target driven atmosphere and is a company that is growing and growing. The management have their agenda and that’s to make as much money as possible at the smallest cost, both financially and socially. They have a dress down day on a Friday but some days you would think that it was dress down day everyday. Some of the staff have no respect for the facilities so it can be an unpleasant experience going to the toilet or trying to use the canteen. Some days you can park on site, some days you can be parking off site 3 miles away which in real terms can add an extra hour to your day.
Pros
Free Gym, Dress Down days
Cons
Very Intense, Parking Problem
Great place to work!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire29 May 2018
I have really enjoyed my time at Lowell.

Things are growing and evolving and there are so many opportunities to build a great career at the company. The people are great and the company really do value us!

I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend working here.
Pros
Great Benefits, free shuttle bus from town, treated well and progression opportunities
Cons
I cant think of any!
Fantastic Place to work
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire21 May 2018
It's the best place I've worked in, period. Only left to join a Big 4 company - and i still miss it! If you're a professional working in a highly technical role, you would love it.
Talent Acquisition (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire3 May 2018
I have found management to be really helpful with career progression/mentoring. There are lots of exciting opportunities and Lowell really value their employees.
Pros
Subsidised Canteen
Cons
Canteen could have more vegetarian option
Legal Administrator (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire13 December 2017
Fantastic place to work
LRA (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire26 August 2017
Lowell Solicitors is great I have worked there also for over a year and I think it's brilliant, the management team are fair and the pay and bonuses are very competitive. As long as your work hard and do your job you are very well looked after. They also have a lot of fun days and do very good work for charity!!
I would definitely recommend Lowell Solicitors!! Nice people and nice benefits :-)
fast paced dynamic organisation
Group Procurement Manager (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire18 August 2017
a very exciting and fast paced environment in the face of significant growth. The company has great aspirations but equally values employee contribution and has the customer at the heart of what they do (given the sensitive nature of what they try to achieve) - I was given a blank piece of paper to mould as I wanted to which was great for me!
Not the job applied for
Data Inputter (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire12 June 2017
Not recommended. Job description irrelevant to the actual position offered. False security. Inappropriate language and gossip. Very clique. Permanent staff favoured over temporary staff and treated very differently.
Protect your neck
RPC (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire17 May 2017
Horrible place to work for team leaders are dry and try to make up little excuses they can they can to get rid of u and think there been clever they are just cold,arrogant no manners don't know how to talk to people to help.I do not recommend anyone work in this company. It does not count to work with an employee and treat you like an item.
Pros
short brakes
Good place to work , but pay peanuts
Automation Test Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Leeds5 May 2017
Good place to work , but pay peanuts. There are some amazing professionals to work with but all underpaid. Dealing with company's finance department is like extracting water out of a stone
Pros
Good cheap cantin, well organised training program
Cons
Low salaries with little prospect to change
Customer Service Advisor
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Leeds20 March 2017
This company strives for good customer service and helping customers to manage their financial states whilst also realising that the people on the other side of the phone are human. As a result of this, the service provided is always tailored to each individual's circumstances which is a huge bonus for a debt management company, companies that are usually seen as evil and obsessed with the revenue.
Working here was great due to the lovely colleagues, free shuttle bus from Leeds centre, subsidised meals and free fruit every week. Progression here is also achievable provided there are signs shown of dedication to the company and its values.

There weren't too many negatives apart from it takes 1 1/2 hours to get to work in the mornings and this time again if not longer, is taken to get home from work. So a lot of time is wasted in travel, reducing the amount of time you have for the rest of your day's activities.

A lot of people would enjoy working here, however it won't be some people's cup of tea.
Pros
Free shuttle to and from town, kind and caring co-workers, managers always try to help, subsidised lunches, free gym with initial members fee, quick progression if determined.
Cons
Travelling to and from work takes 1 1/2 hours, under paid after taxes, overtime being reduced to single time, no work/life balance, training given was minimal
Good Workplace and good team managment
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Leeds, UK21 February 2017
A good and challenging place to work with incentives for advancement. Team managers are well equipped with the necessary skills to manager individual needs of team members.
Pros
Free shuttle bus to and fro
Cons
Salary not so competitive.
Soul destroying employee policies
Debt Advisor (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire30 January 2017
I worked here for 3 months, had to leave because the stress was triggering panic attacks.
The job is repetitive and you have to speak to customers from an exact script, if you say even one word wrong they pull you up on it, it's rediculous. They don't respect you as a human being, you're just there to do the job.
Constantly having your every call listened to then marked down on every tiny mistake that doesn't even matter. The staff are bullies that rule by fear.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Pay
productive and fun workplace
Junior .Net Developer (Former Employee) –  Leeds.11 January 2017
productive and fun workplace. Great team environment and lots of opportunities to progress within the company. opening hours are 8-8 and most jobs fit the hours of 9-5.
Not too bad just need a change
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire7 January 2017
Not such a bad place to work just need a change
Big business with small business mentality
Lack of strong positive leadership
Pros
Free Car Parking
Cons
No space in the Car Park
Hard working and good hours
Right party screener (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire6 January 2017
A typical day at work involved taking outbound calls to customers and taking them through a series of security questions before passing them through to the relevant department

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lowell Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Lowell Group Reviews by Location