Lowell Group Employee Reviews

Progressive and Lively place to work.
Customer Accounts Advisor (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire9 October 2018
Lowell thrives on customer experience, we're talking to real people with real issues - we are trained to understand each circumstance and deal with everyone individually. New call, new experience!

Processes in place for customers are great. This job feels rewarding as we're helping people manage things better. All the negative connotations with companies such as ours are erased once we speak to someone. The majority feel better after speaking to us.

As employees we are rewarded well with a competitive salary, we have the opportunity to work for pay rises within our job role in accordance to tenure and targets. Compliance, regulations etc are managed thoroughly. FCA regulates us and everything feels good. I revel in the happiness of whoever Ive helped. Its a positive environment.

Overtime has other incentives (in addition to pay) attached to it, this makes it worth while and all the while we feel appreciated. Team Leaders have a good relationship with all the surrounding teams not only theirs. Management is thorough and the neccesary support is provided as and when needed.

I could just go on. Its an amazing place to be at. Amazing progression. Your team leader and the development teams within Lowell will help you progress to roles you wish to work within.
Pros
Great over time incentives, free parking, subsidised lunches, free on site gym and great management and teams!
Cons
Commute, but thats my personal issue, theres nothing to complain about!!
rapidly expanding but built on weak foundations
Manager/Director (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire16 August 2018
Ridiculous workloads with lack of resource to deliver massive change and expansion agenda
Huge employee turnover including senior leadership
All the focus is on the call centre -including pay
Absolute minimum benefits - such as no sick pay or only 2 weeks outside the call centre
Still run as a small start up business with lack of process and investment in foundations
Pros
opportunities for progression
Cons
basic benefits and poor culture
Really good for a call centre job
Customer account associate (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire18 December 2018
Pay is exceptional for a call centre. I’ve worked here since September and really enjoyed it at the start however my team leader has now been absent for a few weeks and due to this I’ve been getting next to none feedback on my calls. I also would be careful as they are selective with who they give holidays to and I’m going to be making a complaint due to this.
Pros
Bonuses, room for advancement
Cons
Late finishes, don’t give you all holiday entitlement
21 December 2018

Thanks for your feedback! We're really glad that you're enjoying it here at Lowell!

We're sorry about your team leader being absent, hopefully everything will be back to normal in the new year! But still make sure you're asking for that feedback as we want to help our employees develop as much as possible!

I am very surprised about your comment regarding holidays, this really shouldn't be the case! If you feel like things aren't fair and you aren't happy try speaking with your manager or HR BP about this. We operate an open door policy and we want everyone to feel like that can talk to someone if they are unhappy! We wish you a very merry Christmas and hope you have a wonderful 2019!!

Open and diversed corporate culture
COMPLIANCE OFFICER (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London2 November 2018
Lowell Group encourages their staff to learn, progress, and be the best they possibly could. The company is expanding which brings a lot of changes within the organisation. Work can be quite stressful at times but I have learned a lot since I have worked here.
Pros
Good corporate culture
Cons
Inconsistency
4 December 2018

Thanks for the great review! We’re glad you enjoy working here and have learnt a lot; Employee development and progression is something we strive to achieve here at Lowell which is why we have ambition, pioneering and excellence as three of our values.

We understand that work can get stressful but hopefully regular breaks and the support we have available can help reduce the effects. If you do ever feel stressed though, try talking to your manager about it, they might be able to help. We hope you continue to enjoy working here!!

Excellent place to work at
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire11 June 2018
If you are an ambitious head strong person who wants to achieve quickly and get reasonably paid for it, then Lowell is the place for you. It’s very intense and target driven atmosphere and is a company that is growing and growing. The management have their agenda and that’s to make as much money as possible at the smallest cost, both financially and socially. They have a dress down day on a Friday but some days you would think that it was dress down day everyday. Some of the staff have no respect for the facilities so it can be an unpleasant experience going to the toilet or trying to use the canteen. Some days you can park on site, some days you can be parking off site 3 miles away which in real terms can add an extra hour to your day.
Pros
Free Gym, Dress Down days
Cons
Very Intense, Parking Problem
Great place to work!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire29 May 2018
I have really enjoyed my time at Lowell.

Things are growing and evolving and there are so many opportunities to build a great career at the company. The people are great and the company really do value us!

I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend working here.
Pros
Great Benefits, free shuttle bus from town, treated well and progression opportunities
Cons
I cant think of any!
Relocation to Leeds
Fredrickson (Former Employee) –  Tolworth, Greater London7 January 2019
Southern office is closing March 2019 following decision to relocate.

Opportunities to progress if you have the drive.

Management have not handled recent high profile projects with great integrity and success which undoubtedly lead to the only option of redundancies for the southern office.
8 January 2019

Thanks for your comment!

We're glad you have chosen to relocate and see the development options which are available.

We hope you continue to enjoy your job and wish you all the best!

Talent Acquisition (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire3 May 2018
I have found management to be really helpful with career progression/mentoring. There are lots of exciting opportunities and Lowell really value their employees.
Pros
Subsidised Canteen
Cons
Canteen could have more vegetarian option
Great place to work!
HR Advisor (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London19 July 2018
Strong leadership offering plenty of opportunities for career development and progression, good facilities at head office in Leeds. Positive working environment.
decent time
Customer Account Advisor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London29 November 2018
I am very grateful for the opportunity Lowell has given me to discover my hidden skills and gain experience in the industry. Best thing about the company is the people.
4 December 2018

Thanks for the review, that’s great to hear! We wish you all the best in your future roles and hope you continue to use your new skills.

Fast Paced Evolving Business
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire27 September 2018
A very fast paced evolving business adapting to the current trends in market. Since I have start the company has growth massively in size as well as its market ownership. Its value in each employee allows us to deliver the best customer service to our customers. I would recommend this place of work to anybody!
Fantastic place to work
LRA (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire26 August 2017
Lowell Solicitors is great I have worked there also for over a year and I think it's brilliant, the management team are fair and the pay and bonuses are very competitive. As long as your work hard and do your job you are very well looked after. They also have a lot of fun days and do very good work for charity!!
I would definitely recommend Lowell Solicitors!! Nice people and nice benefits :-)
Legal Administrator (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire13 December 2017
Caa
Management Training (Current Employee) –  Leeds29 July 2018
Great place to work. I am working as a CAA. This is a high pressured job but the reward is fantastic, If you have the right manager you get excellent support.
Fantastic Place to work
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire21 May 2018
It's the best place I've worked in, period. Only left to join a Big 4 company - and i still miss it! If you're a professional working in a highly technical role, you would love it.
Good Workplace and good team managment
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Leeds, UK21 February 2017
A good and challenging place to work with incentives for advancement. Team managers are well equipped with the necessary skills to manager individual needs of team members.
Pros
Free shuttle bus to and fro
Cons
Salary not so competitive.
Customer Service Advisor
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Leeds20 March 2017
This company strives for good customer service and helping customers to manage their financial states whilst also realising that the people on the other side of the phone are human. As a result of this, the service provided is always tailored to each individual's circumstances which is a huge bonus for a debt management company, companies that are usually seen as evil and obsessed with the revenue.
Working here was great due to the lovely colleagues, free shuttle bus from Leeds centre, subsidised meals and free fruit every week. Progression here is also achievable provided there are signs shown of dedication to the company and its values.

There weren't too many negatives apart from it takes 1 1/2 hours to get to work in the mornings and this time again if not longer, is taken to get home from work. So a lot of time is wasted in travel, reducing the amount of time you have for the rest of your day's activities.

A lot of people would enjoy working here, however it won't be some people's cup of tea.
Pros
Free shuttle to and from town, kind and caring co-workers, managers always try to help, subsidised lunches, free gym with initial members fee, quick progression if determined.
Cons
Travelling to and from work takes 1 1/2 hours, under paid after taxes, overtime being reduced to single time, no work/life balance, training given was minimal
Poncy and pretentious team leaders who think the world revolves around them. High staff turn over and a generally unpleasant workplace.
Customer Account Advisor (Former Employee) –  Leeds15 July 2016
The only reason that anyone would like to possibly work at this place are because of the half decent pay and your lovely work colleagues.
There is literally no reason why you would want to work for this company that tries its hardest to look like a professional and established business, that is unless you like being watched 24/7, monitored and picked upon for every single thing that you do.
There is no job security and the only way that you will get anywhere in that establishment is by wetting the buttocks of your peers.
Pros
Money
Cons
Everything else.
Lowell Group
Litigation Advisor (Current Employee) –  Leeds24 September 2013
 Review delinquent accounts to determine the best possible resolution.
 Speak to official receivers, judges, debt management companies.
 Deal with CCJs, Charging Orders, Statuary Demand, Bankruptcy Petitions Hearing Dates and annulments.
 Demonstrate a strict confidence policy when dealing with highly confidential documents.
 Managed internal requests and maintained relationships with our clients in order to handle queries and reconcile outstanding invoices.
 Manage my own workload and am able to prioritize where necessary.
 Keep up to date with all welfare reform changes in order to be fully educated to advise customers correctly.
 Able to work on my own initiative to achieve personal and area targets and deadlines.
 Issue Warrants for Possession with the County Court bailiffs.
 Provide support services in relation to arrears bankruptcy’s and other types of enforcement, as well as customer complaints to ensure queries are dealt with appropriately and within service standards.
Fun, work hard play hard.
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Leds25 March 2015
Good company, good people with core beliefs at the heart of organisation Good benefits, however there is a lack off progression for analyst level roles.
Pros
People
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lowell Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Lowell Group Reviews by Location