Lookers Employee Reviews

Great company, just want their pound of flesh for paying you for a days work
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  North West18 July 2018
Lookers are a great company to work for. Value their employees, pay above average salary, put achievable incentives and bonuses on to stretch your performance, and pay you what they say they will ! Good advancement opportunities, good senior management across the board and they all recognise hard work. If you want an easy life, low pay, no morale, no ambition, do not work here as it wont be for you. Lookers are always looking to reward hard work but will not pay you for doing a half hearted job..
Pros
Good opportunity for a career, advancement within company, good incentives and bonuses, staff appreciation.
Cons
Weekend working but it goes with the territory if you chose the job !!
Needs improvement
Parts Advisor (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside25 June 2018
The hardest part of the job is the customers who want their parts or car done there and then, there are room for improvements in Lookers and could do with a major reshuffle in the advancing systems into management and progression.
Pros
Easy to get to work
Cons
Poor managment
Pressure job
Workshop controller (Former Employee) –  Morden, Greater London1 June 2018
Good company to work for.The branch I worked at large turnover of staff from senior management to workshop staff. Poor management in certain areas of the branch.
Pros
Good company
Cons
Long hours and journey.
Great workplace
Technician (Current Employee) –  Ellesmere Port30 May 2018
Start at 8 finish at 5 - great work atmosphere, everyone is great to get along with and everything runs smooth! No issues at all with the place in general
Terrible place - best avoided
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester25 May 2018
Complete lack of strategy and ability to plan ahead, decisions taken without any thought of consideration about their longer term impacts.

HR allowed recruitment to continue on whilst a redundancy exercise was taking place, resulting is on several employees being made redundant just after starting: one on his second day, and another before she had actually started. Shameful way to carry on.

Don't believe the gloss on other ratings sites - this place is a toxic workplace.
1 June 2018

As you have acknowledged we've had a recent restructure within our IT team. This decision has been made with a great deal of thought and consideration.
Two recent recruits were affected due to recruitment continuing to take place without authority as senior management were also affected by the changes.
We have sought to find alternative roles for those affected.
We are confident that this localised issue in no way reflects the wider company culture and Lookers remains a great, rewarding place to work.

Productive workplace
Apprentice Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Leeds25 May 2018
In the lookers workshop a lot of work is completed due to the high demand. I have found that the management will do what they can to help you. Unfortunately without the opportunity to earn bonus as an apprentice the pay is not enough.
Pros
Paid tea break
Cons
Low pay and no bonus for apprentices.
1 June 2018

Thank you for your review. It's fantastic to hear you're working with a great management team. As you progress through your apprenticeship your salary will increase in line with government guidelines then allowing you to progress to one of our qualified technician roles where you'll be rewarded with much greater earning potential. In the meantime it's a great way to learn while earning.

Never boring
Financial Controller (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside24 May 2018
always challenging, i have never been bored in the role - there is a good atmosphere and great teamwork. the environment is constantly changing and the company is changing to adapt to this.
1 June 2018

Many thanks for your review. We certainly agree our business is never boring! Great to hear you're working in such a positive environment.

Very busy and totally customer focused.
Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Stockport, Greater Manchester23 May 2018
Very busy from start to finish. Learned a lot about motor trade. Have a fantastic relationship with my colleagues and customers.my management.are great to work for. Work life balance is my only difficulty.
Pros
Customer focus
Cons
Work life balance
1 June 2018

Thank you for your review. We appreciate our industry can be particularly demanding which is why we increased our holiday allowances last year to allow our people more time off to recharge their batteries. It's really fantastic to hear you're working with a great team, it makes all the difference!

Great development opportunities
Portfolio Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester3 May 2018
Ambitious company with a sustained track record of growth in sales and profitability over multiple years.

Friendly and positive working environment.
1 June 2018

Thank you for your review, we're delighted that you have found our business to be a friendly and positive environment. We complete agree and are looking forward to continued growth and profitability.

Never again!!!
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Hampshire23 March 2018
If you don't want a life then this is the job for you! Also when you hand in your notice get prepared to get ripped off as they dont like to pay you any money owed! Never again would i work for lookers!
Pros
Cons
Long hours, cut the money you earn, will rip you off
1 June 2018

We are disappointed to hear your experience of Lookers has not been a positive one. Please get in touch with us at Hradminteam@lookers.co.uk with details of your pay query and we will investigate that for you. Thanks for taking the time to write this review.

not a nice place to work
Aftersales Manager (Current Employee) –  Chester, Cheshire20 March 2018
No help from General Manager. Always too busy to help despite numerous as kings for help. All other staff were great and my team were excellent and I could not have asked for more.
1 June 2018

Thank you for your review, it is disappointing to hear that you do not feel supported by your GM. If you have a specific grievance then we would encourage you to speak with your Divisional HR Manager who will be able to support you. We're pleased to hear that the rest of your team are excellent.

Was a good company......not so much now.
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  West Midlands12 March 2018
Used to be a good company that cared for its' employees however over the last couple of years that has dramatically changed.

Ask too much of their staff and do not provide the adequate support network in order for them to carry out their duties. Targets unachievable,
1 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Our business has grown significantly over the last couple of years and as we grow we are continually reviewing how we are set up to our support people. Last year we introduced an enhanced holiday entitlement, critical illness cover and length of service awards to recognise the hard work and commitment from our people.

Long hours but worth it
Sales executive Nissan Accredited sales executive (Current Employee) –  Leeds2 March 2018
Can be stressful and hard work but worth it! A great sales team and some great managers are creating stability within the dealership. Nice to see people progress and be given opportunities.
Cons
No receptionist
1 June 2018

Many thanks for your review. As you've recognised our industry can be as challenging as it is rewarding! it's great to hear you're supported by a fantastic team and can see the opportunities available.

Poor management
Technician (Former Employee) –  Speke8 February 2018
On the whole, the people you work with on a day to day level will all be friendly and helpful. The customer service element is none existent in how staff treat and talk to customers, and the management are all clueless and weak. If the management pulled their fingers out and done their jobs it could actually be a good company to work for
Cons
Low pay, bad management
1 June 2018

Thanks for your review. We're disappointed to hear your opinion of the management in your dealership and particularly saddened to hear your view of the customer service provided. Your feedback has been taken on board.

Workplace
Used Car Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Chester8 February 2018
The dealership I was at was massive. Sold many cars. Everyday was fast paced. You learnt how to organize and plan ahead. The management were old school, not a nice enviroment.
Pros
Good earnings
Cons
long hours. Management style
1 June 2018

Thanks for your review. The environment you've described is not what we expect at Lookers. Your feedback has been taken on board and we're pleased to hear that you enjoyed good earnings and have learnt some useful skills for the future while with us.

not the worst place but not the best
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Harrogate, North Yorkshire4 February 2018
a typical day here is being told what to do and then told another as the previous instruction was wrong therefore it is your fault.
the management is poor and needs looking at, as they look after their go to sales execs because they know they will sell units and ignore the ones who don't do so well
Pros
company car
Cons
training
1 June 2018

Thank you for your review. We're disappointed to hear that your experience with us has not been a positive one so far. We'd encourage you to get in touch with your Divisional HR Manager if you have any specific concerns you'd like us to investigate.

Lookers Ruined Drayton Group
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  West Midlands28 January 2018
Worked originally for Drayton Group until we was taken over by Lookers - came in reduced all wages, redundancies, ruined morale, kept rubbish management, ridiculous demands & the list goes on. Family feel my backside, Drayton Group was a genuine family run business and Lookers are FAR from that - it’s a typical PLC who’s only concern is the bottom line. Expect the world from their employees but gives absoultely nothing in return. I unfortunately still work here, desperately trying to find another job which will hopefully give me back lunches, work-life balance & remove stress from my life due to the obscene demands which are placed on you by Lookers.
1 June 2018

Thanks for your review. We appreciate significant change can be unsettling and are disappointed to hear your opinion of Lookers is not a positive one. We work hard to ensure our business is a supportive and rewarding environment by providing benefits like critical illness cover, holidays which increase with length of service and 12 months fully paid maternity leave.

Pleasant
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside11 January 2018
Challenging workplace, the job is more accounts based than sales administration, its a very professional workplace with pleasant surroundings.
I enjoy more sales based admin than accounts.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Intense
1 June 2018

Many thanks for your review. It's great to hear the environment you work in is pleasant and professional. We understand many roles in our business can be challenging and really appreciate your continued efforts.

Overworked, management heavy, aftersales staff treated like 2nd class colleagues
Aftersales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh Audi5 January 2018
The above sums Lookers up. Pretend to be a employee focused company but it couldn't be further from the truth. Ridiculously long hours, too many "senior" positions, don't want you to have a life outside work, culture of "tell tales" get far. Worst company I have worked for, spent over a year trying to get out and even then after working my notice period they illegally tried to take money off me. Horrible company.
Pros
Salary is reasonable but used as a stick to beat you with.
Cons
Long hours, management heavy, understaffed in vital areas, unrealistic targets for "bonus"
Practical Company
BDC After sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Stockport2 January 2018
Tough company to work for rota demands and work - life split not very sociable. Hours Long lunches short for the pay not very good. Management is a dictatorship rather than a democracy in order to keep moral up.