Lookers Employee Reviews

Great development opportunities
Portfolio Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester3 May 2018
Ambitious company with a sustained track record of growth in sales and profitability over multiple years.

Friendly and positive working environment.
Never again!!!
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Hampshire23 March 2018
If you don't want a life then this is the job for you! Also when you hand in your notice get prepared to get ripped off as they dont like to pay you any money owed! Never again would i work for lookers!
Pros
Cons
Long hours, cut the money you earn, will rip you off
not a nice place to work
Aftersales Manager (Current Employee) –  Chester, Cheshire20 March 2018
No help from General Manager. Always too busy to help despite numerous as kings for help. All other staff were great and my team were excellent and I could not have asked for more.
Long hours but worth it
Sales executive Nissan Accredited sales executive (Current Employee) –  Leeds2 March 2018
Can be stressful and hard work but worth it! A great sales team and some great managers are creating stability within the dealership. Nice to see people progress and be given opportunities.
Cons
No receptionist
Poor management
Technician (Former Employee) –  Speke8 February 2018
On the whole, the people you work with on a day to day level will all be friendly and helpful. The customer service element is none existent in how staff treat and talk to customers, and the management are all clueless and weak. If the management pulled their fingers out and done their jobs it could actually be a good company to work for
Cons
Low pay, bad management
Workplace
Used Car Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Chester8 February 2018
The dealership I was at was massive. Sold many cars. Everyday was fast paced. You learnt how to organize and plan ahead. The management were old school, not a nice enviroment.
Pros
Good earnings
Cons
long hours. Management style
not the worst place but not the best
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Harrogate, North Yorkshire4 February 2018
a typical day here is being told what to do and then told another as the previous instruction was wrong therefore it is your fault.
the management is poor and needs looking at, as they look after their go to sales execs because they know they will sell units and ignore the ones who don't do so well
Pros
company car
Cons
training
Lookers Ruined Drayton Group
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  West Midlands28 January 2018
Worked originally for Drayton Group until we was taken over by Lookers - came in reduced all wages, redundancies, ruined morale, kept rubbish management, ridiculous demands & the list goes on. Family feel my backside, Drayton Group was a genuine family run business and Lookers are FAR from that - it’s a typical PLC who’s only concern is the bottom line. Expect the world from their employees but gives absoultely nothing in return. I unfortunately still work here, desperately trying to find another job which will hopefully give me back lunches, work-life balance & remove stress from my life due to the obscene demands which are placed on you by Lookers.
Pleasant
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside11 January 2018
Challenging workplace, the job is more accounts based than sales administration, its a very professional workplace with pleasant surroundings.
I enjoy more sales based admin than accounts.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Intense
Overworked, management heavy, aftersales staff treated like 2nd class colleagues
Aftersales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh Audi5 January 2018
The above sums Lookers up. Pretend to be a employee focused company but it couldn't be further from the truth. Ridiculously long hours, too many "senior" positions, don't want you to have a life outside work, culture of "tell tales" get far. Worst company I have worked for, spent over a year trying to get out and even then after working my notice period they illegally tried to take money off me. Horrible company.
Pros
Salary is reasonable but used as a stick to beat you with.
Cons
Long hours, management heavy, understaffed in vital areas, unrealistic targets for "bonus"

Want to know more about Lookers?

Ask a question
Practical Company
BDC After sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Stockport2 January 2018
Tough company to work for rota demands and work - life split not very sociable. Hours Long lunches short for the pay not very good. Management is a dictatorship rather than a democracy in order to keep moral up.
How to give 100% for a low wage! Welcome to Lookers plc.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Colchester, Essex31 December 2017
Managements only interest is productivity £££, it seems that their primary job is to get you to work as hard as possible for as little as possible. Your expected/pressured to work very hard for a low basic wage and when this is aired, management tell you "it's the industry standard".Work non stop all day and made to feel lunchtime is a privilege not a necessity.Give 110% for no thanks or little financial reward. Minimal/no product training offered. You often get the feeling that your being analyzed/scrutinized but without any helpful feedback. Promotion is unlikely. Your immediate team are friendly and helpful,but that's as good as it gets. Your working day can often be unorganized thus hindering your efficiency.
Pros
Immediate team friendly.
Cons
Low wage, pressurised working environment.
Prison Sentence
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London12 December 2017
awful company, typical motor trade, Complete idiots in charge who do not care about staff, never been to prison but this must be what it’s like. Long hours low pay avoid!!!
Manager attempted to Bully me but he failed!
Pros
New Car
Cons
Low pay, Very poor management
It was okay
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Ford Chelmsford9 December 2017
I personally didn't enjoy working in the car sales industry, simply because of the pressure and competition between colleagues. having to push customers to buy cars that they weren't really there to buy.
Pros
company car
Cons
rubbish salary
Has its highs and lows
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Stockport22 November 2017
Working with a great team really makes a difference.
A close knit cross department team effort.
Loyal customer base.
Fabulous newly refurbished site.
Pros
na
Cons
na
0 stars if I could!!!!
Edinburgh Audi (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh16 November 2017
Absolutely without a doubt the worst place I have ever worked. Can't keep staff at all. HR don't care about the high turnover of staff. Treated unfairly. Everyone is given more and more tasks to do on a daily basis but all paid far less than you'd think working for a 'prestige motor company'. Constant customer complaints because they promise a high quality service but fail to deliver every single time. Over promise and under deliver should be their moto. High turnover in management aswell which makes the working environment unsettled and unsecure, The managers who are there dont take responsibility for ANYTHING. Only thing they are good at is playing the blame game. I worked there for a few years and honestly don't know anyone who actually enjoyed the job, and I saw A LOT of staff come and go during my time there. If you complain or go to HR/a manager regarding an issue, their answer is if you don't like then leave.. So I did.
If you want a job where your underpaid,long hours, treated like s**t and lose hair due to stress then this is the job for you!!
Great Place To Work For
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire15 November 2017
I loved working here everyone is so friendly and helpful management is brilliant always on hand to help, there's not one negative thing I could say about Lookers
Awful
Reception Assistant (Former Employee) –  North East4 November 2017
Very clicky if you face doesn’t fit your bullied. No management skills. Ok for a stop gap but not a career. Only take job if desperate. ..............
Pros
Your paid
Cons
Not nice atmosphere. No team spirit
Productive fun work place
Aftersales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Stockport3 November 2017
Good place to work. Laid back environment. Productivity key. Inbound & outbound based calls. Dealing with customers in relation to booking in vehicles
no leadership
Car Transporter Driver (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff31 October 2017
no one prepared to take responsibility for anything poorly led and it was a case of if it doesnt affect me its not my problem the management at this place was the the same at other depots