Lookers Employee Reviews

Great Place To Work For
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire15 November 2017
I loved working here everyone is so friendly and helpful management is brilliant always on hand to help, there's not one negative thing I could say about Lookers
Awful
Reception Assistant (Former Employee) –  North East4 November 2017
Very clicky if you face doesn’t fit your bullied. No management skills. Ok for a stop gap but not a career. Only take job if desperate. ..............
Pros
Your paid
Cons
Not nice atmosphere. No team spirit
Productive fun work place
Aftersales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Stockport3 November 2017
Good place to work. Laid back environment. Productivity key. Inbound & outbound based calls. Dealing with customers in relation to booking in vehicles
Ex service advisor
Service advisor (Former Employee) –  North West26 October 2017
You have to sign a contract which means you work over legal hours but do not get paid for the extra. Work/life balance does not exist basically you live at work due to working long hours. Normal shift would be 8-6pm mon-Fri one week and the same the week after but with the added Saturday so basically ends up being around 54 hrs. Dinner break is 30 mins which is nothing considering you work 10hrs a day also bonus is impossible to achieve due to you needing to hit two targets which is impossible.
Terrible management
Vehicle Technician (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow23 October 2017
Manager has no respect or desire to keep staff happy!
He sees his technicians as disposable and that he can rebuild his team if and when he pleases so your job is never totally safe
Pros
Lots of overtime
Not a very nice place to work
Vehicle Technician (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow23 October 2017
Management are not very nice to the staff, pressured into working late and working weekends they dont care about your social life, overall worst place i have ever worked at would not recommended anyone to work here.
Pros
Theres no pros
Cons
Poor management skills
Delivery driver
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Chester, Cheshire16 October 2017
Could of been better left a job I had for five years to be laid off after one year by the new Manager shame really as the other colleagues are nice well most of them.
Pros
Cons
End up doing other people’s work due to laziness
Awful management
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, Cumbria18 September 2017
Very poor management ask the many sales men that have left. Very long days were you will be asked to do tasks that is not part of your job just to satisfy the managers ego
Pros
Lot of staff bout to get on with someone
Cons
Management and little respect in workplace
sales
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Speke, UK14 August 2017
nice people to work for pleasnt company family company, easy going helpfull very frendly ahead of the rest look after all the staff an d good with peple around them
Pros
free lunches days out
Cons
A great place to work from leaving school
Parts Advisor (Former Employee) –  Southend7 August 2017
From leaving school I started in the goods inwards working my way up through different departments finishing on the front counter serving the general public and trade customers.
Pros
Knowledge of car parts plus customer contact
Cons
None realy, i liked it very much.
hardwork not a fun place to work
Valeter/Driver (Former Employee) –  Law31 July 2017
typical day at work was doing your own job+other peoples jobs because they did not want to go out in the rain. Did not learn a thing from them. Management was terrible don't care for there workers. Job was terrible I work for the bodyshop in the law and will never work for the place again. Worked there for over year and about 30 odd workers left because the management was so bad.
Pros
Cons
Long hours got told your doing overtime if your want it or not
producitve and fun work place
Front of House Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Newport29 July 2017
I was a receptionist for Lookers , my role consisted of answering the switchboard and transferring calls to the correct employee , sorting out customers information , setting up cover for customer, making spreadsheets every week for the managers to see the performance of the Salesman.
Pros
always enjoyable
Worked to the bone
Used Car Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Essex16 July 2017
No room for a social life working 8/30am or earlier to 7pm each night. working 6/8 weekends days minimum each month.
very competitive - earning potential is there
Hard work no rewards
Warranty Administrator (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh1 July 2017
Working environment is the worst I have ever encountered. No one knows what's going on 3 managers in my 18 months and the last guy didn't even bother to get to know his staff. No bonus structure for admin staff invoicing but a bonus for service staff who didn't receive any training just to keep them sweet! No morale, no room for improvement, management are laughable, hr don't conduct leaving interviews to find out why people are leaving to help people who are still in the place and retain them. Were told if we aren't happy to go so I did.
Pros
Cons
The whole place
Quiet workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London Borough of Hackney, Greater London27 June 2017
I arrived at 10am and worked until 4pm, I had a morning break and an hour long lunch break. As it was a 2 week work experience for secondary school, I did not get paid however I did learn social skills
and became less shy. I mostly cleaned the shop in the morning, greeted customers and helped them out while also sorting out clothes in the storage room or fetching clothes for customers from the storage room. It wasn't very busy so it was quiet. My coworkers were very nice and taught me how to do things.
Pros
Long lunch
perfect place to work
Sales Executive (Car Sales) (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow25 June 2017
excellent place to work good benefits
good management good product
systems are good add on products are fantastic.
commission structure is excellent also
No care for sales
Senior Used Car Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands8 June 2017
Typical Dealership.
If you get ahead in sales and do well they change your salary to make it harder to earn money. you do not feel valued by them at all.
Great atmosphere
Assistant receptionist (Former Employee) –  Sheffield22 May 2017
I worked as a weekend receptionist for lookers plc whilst studying for my a-levels exams.
The managers were great and the same goes for all the co-workers. The staff knew when it was time to work, and this promoted a great ethic throughout the team.
My job was to; greet customers and clients both face to face and over the phone, log any relevant information that might be needed to help them find the car or service they need and transfer business calls through to the correct sales advisor or to the finance manager.
Pros
Great staff
lookers are good
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Glasgow9 May 2017
Lookers are a good company to work for but I was just unlucky to be at a quiet showroom where things never worked out for me. I felt more training would have helped
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London Borough of Hackney5 May 2017
I would go to my work place 30 minutes earlier so that i had time to clean and make sure all items were placed in the correct spot. I had to put sale stickers on items and put clothing on the mannequins which were on display
Pros
Enjoyable

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lookers. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7