Lookers Employee Reviews

Awful management
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, Cumbria18 September 2017
Very poor management ask the many sales men that have left. Very long days were you will be asked to do tasks that is not part of your job just to satisfy the managers ego
Pros
Lot of staff bout to get on with someone
Cons
Management and little respect in workplace
sales
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Speke, UK14 August 2017
nice people to work for pleasnt company family company, easy going helpfull very frendly ahead of the rest look after all the staff an d good with peple around them
Pros
free lunches days out
Cons
A great place to work from leaving school
Parts Advisor (Former Employee) –  Southend7 August 2017
From leaving school I started in the goods inwards working my way up through different departments finishing on the front counter serving the general public and trade customers.
Pros
Knowledge of car parts plus customer contact
Cons
None realy, i liked it very much.
hardwork not a fun place to work
Valeter/Driver (Former Employee) –  Law31 July 2017
typical day at work was doing your own job+other peoples jobs because they did not want to go out in the rain. Did not learn a thing from them. Management was terrible don't care for there workers. Job was terrible I work for the bodyshop in the law and will never work for the place again. Worked there for over year and about 30 odd workers left because the management was so bad.
Pros
Cons
Long hours got told your doing overtime if your want it or not
producitve and fun work place
Front of House Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Newport29 July 2017
I was a receptionist for Lookers , my role consisted of answering the switchboard and transferring calls to the correct employee , sorting out customers information , setting up cover for customer, making spreadsheets every week for the managers to see the performance of the Salesman.
Pros
always enjoyable
Worked to the bone
Used Car Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Essex16 July 2017
No room for a social life working 8/30am or earlier to 7pm each night. working 6/8 weekends days minimum each month.
very competitive - earning potential is there
Hard work no rewards
Warranty Administrator (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh1 July 2017
Working environment is the worst I have ever encountered. No one knows what's going on 3 managers in my 18 months and the last guy didn't even bother to get to know his staff. No bonus structure for admin staff invoicing but a bonus for service staff who didn't receive any training just to keep them sweet! No morale, no room for improvement, management are laughable, hr don't conduct leaving interviews to find out why people are leaving to help people who are still in the place and retain them. Were told if we aren't happy to go so I did.
Pros
Cons
The whole place
perfect place to work
Sales Executive (Car Sales) (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow25 June 2017
excellent place to work good benefits
good management good product
systems are good add on products are fantastic.
commission structure is excellent also
No care for sales
Senior Used Car Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands8 June 2017
Typical Dealership.
If you get ahead in sales and do well they change your salary to make it harder to earn money. you do not feel valued by them at all.
Great atmosphere
Assistant receptionist (Former Employee) –  Sheffield22 May 2017
I worked as a weekend receptionist for lookers plc whilst studying for my a-levels exams.
The managers were great and the same goes for all the co-workers. The staff knew when it was time to work, and this promoted a great ethic throughout the team.
My job was to; greet customers and clients both face to face and over the phone, log any relevant information that might be needed to help them find the car or service they need and transfer business calls through to the correct sales advisor or to the finance manager.
Pros
Great staff
lookers are good
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Glasgow9 May 2017
Lookers are a good company to work for but I was just unlucky to be at a quiet showroom where things never worked out for me. I felt more training would have helped
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London Borough of Hackney5 May 2017
I would go to my work place 30 minutes earlier so that i had time to clean and make sure all items were placed in the correct spot. I had to put sale stickers on items and put clothing on the mannequins which were on display
Pros
Enjoyable
Very good
Car Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside19 April 2017
Very good place to work and very supportive as a company, money is fantastic and makes you want to work harder than you ever have before to earn more.
Look elsewhere
Van Sales Driver tps (Former Employee) –  Glasgow,5 April 2017
Nil training from first day
Be prepared to train yourself
Be prepared to be told off on a daily basis when you do it wrong
Despite not been shown the correct way.
Management walk past with blinkers until it comes to there door.
Poor pay and rewards.
Pass the buck kings. ..
Pros
Decent vans
Cons
Low pay, very busy day, under pressure.
Great experience and very grateful to be given the opportunity. really enjoyed it.
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands3 April 2017
I really was grateful for the chance given to me by the sales manager. The sales day to day operation was relatively new to me at that time and I thoroughly relished the experience and the guidance given to me.
I was a quick learner and excelled in the industry and appreciated been part of a great selling team. It became a real adrenalin rush for me finalizing a sale which meant more pennies for myself and for the company.
I put my success down to the fact that with my high target of customer service that I set myself, I went the extra mile for the paying customer that we would not only have their business for that particular day but that they would return to us and tell their friends.
Pros
achieving realistic targets, good pay slips, company car
Cons
not achieving realistic targets
productive and fun workplace
Aftersales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Stockport, Greater Manchester26 March 2017
good company to work for
good intercompany training
long service awards
expanding company with ambitions to expand alot in the future
dacia brand now rading well as part of renault aswell
Worst Place ive ever Worked
Warehouse Controller (Former Employee) –  Gatwick Airport Station, West Sussex22 March 2017
I joined in the hopes of a brilliant new career, unfortunately it doesn't matter how hard you work because there is no Parts manager on site on a regular basis, everyone reports to a supervisor who is quite useless and takes little seriously, issues raised do not get followed through with, just brushed aside, colleagues are constantly on your back giving you grief, the pay is poor for the role, the jobs given to you keep amounting & you get little/no support, sales advisors act like they are management, people leave rubbish in the warehouse and expect you to clean up their mess, staff don't push for sales and hardly meet target, many of the procedure's they use are outdated or backwards from a logistical point of view, had to walk out in the end after being spoken to like rubbish on a daily basis, staff all point fingers before investigating and other departments purposely oppose your department rather than work together, staff also treat the dealership with disrespect due to it being owned by lookers and not the brand on the front door, you are also jumped on at the slightest mistake even if you don't do the same when other make mistakes, asked the parts manager many times to sort out certain issues and it never gets dealt with.
Pros
Company Car
Cons
Bad Management
Review
2nd Line IT Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Manchester9 March 2017
Lookers plc as an organization is a great place to work with lots of evolving technologies. The work atmosphere is inspiring and the staffs are amazing at what they do,
Awful company high staff turn over
Technician (Former Employee) –  St Helens, Merseyside7 March 2017
Worked here for a while was treated awful. Targets impossible to achieve and you get disciplined for not achieving them. Staff are all stressed and look at you like you punched their kids. The company tried to take me to court to reclaim paternity pay that I was well within my rights for and entitled to. Long hours resulted in a very low hourly rate of pay. Seriously nothing good to say about this company... oh no wait you don't have to work for them that's a good thing.
Pros
You don't have to work for lookers
fun place to work
Driver /valeter (Former Employee) –  Middlesbrough2 March 2017
this place was a fun and enjoyable place to work each day, everyone worked together as a team and were very supportive of all employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lookers. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9