Lookers

Lookers Employee Reviews

United Kingdom144 reviews
Sales Execs
Vauxhall brand within lookers at the moment is very flawed, work life balance is awful but you'd bare with it if the money was good right? the money side is worst, £50 a car £25 a product 15k basic, when i first started in lookers i was selling 30-50 cars in the big months and making very good money.

They changed the salary structure so many times they've beaten it to death,

Don't come to lookers if you want to make money, they take every opportunity to screw you out of the money you could make,

Years ago i was making easily 40k a year right now I'm lucky to be hitting 30k and that's being generous.

The only reason I've stuck around so long is the relaxed environment and the managers as its run with very nice people, I've made friends for life just struggle for the amount of work I'm putting in to the reward you get out.

You'r asked a lot of and get nothing in return steer clear!
Money crabbers
Worked for ford 25 years, should never allow lookers to care for their brand, dont care about customer needs, takes 4 to 5 weeks to book in, aftersales disgusting attitudes, just DO NOT CARE ABOUT CUSTOMERS.
They forget its the customer who pays your bills
Good Company
Plenty of career opportunities for the right people, Good Management structure. Have really looked after staff in the current climate. Good Pay structure
Be prepared to just rip customers
Left to find your own way from the start and have manager that make favourites in the work staff and bully the younger sales team ....... if you ask for help FORGET ABOUT A REPLY BACK
Profit orientated
Too big to care and not personal enough. Another plc juganaut.

Used to be a great company and I have worked for them twice but change he’s towards growth on growth on growth and it doesn’t stop making targets to high to achieve even the same level of income from the prior year.
bad commission structure
Bad commission structure head office full of idiots who have never sold a car in there life. get a very big work load for very small pay i would not suggest working for lookers as they haven't got any idea.
6 March 2020
Thanks for your review. We regularly review our rewards structure and are disappointed that we have not met with expectations in this case. However we recognise that there are currently a number of business and process changes that are impacting on these factors which we are working hard to improve upon.We take your comments on board.
Not good
Former tps parts driver.
Never shown what to do or what is expected.

Gang culture between drivers with a chief calling the shots.

Never gave a chance to fit in.

Manager never interested in what is going on.

Bullying culture on the less popular employee.
27 February 2020
Thanks for your review. The environment you have described is not what we expect at Lookers. Your comments have been taken on board
Great company with bad practice
Great company in terms of innovation and benefits and wages but horrendous management in some cases - massive gap between what Head office wants/needs and the different car brand senior managers want/need. If you are in a matrix team, you get no support and they let you get eaten alive by the car brand senior management. They also use a gap in law and get rid of any employee they don’t like or who disagrees with them without having to give a reason. These employees are in employment under 2 years therefore have no tribunal rights. Unbelievable
27 February 2020
Thanks for your feedback. We are disappointed to hear your opinion of the management at your site. At lookers we work hard to provide a supportive environment for all and we do take your comments on board.
Very cramped workspace
Not the best working environment but i am a contractor
9 hours work a day in cramped almost dangerous work area with wires and trip hazards everywhere
27 February 2020
Thanks for your review. This is not the working environment we expect at Lookers. Your comments have been taken on-board
Former technician
It is a lovely place to work if your happy to be a puppet.

Address a problem and your a disposable number.

Back street garages pay a lot more, indeed will show you this.

Lookers is in the news for nothing but bad reasons, but life is all about taking risks.

Good luck
22 January 2020
Thanks for your review. We are sorry to hear that your experience at Lookers has not been a positive one. We strive to ensure that our business offers a supportive and rewarding environment with market leading pay and benefits for everyone. Your comments have been taken on board.
Sales Executives
Avoid this one!
Plenty of other Audi dealership to work at.

Management do not care....no sense of value or manners.

Head of business should be fired... in love with what car he is driving most of the time and has zero personality and zero people skills!!!!

You have been warned
31 January 2020
Thanks for your review. We are disappointed to hear your view of the management at your location. At Lookers we work hard to provide a supportive and rewarding environment for everyone and your comments have been taken on board. Should you wish to, please email hradminteam@lookers.co.uk with your details to allow us to look into this.
at the time it was getting difficult to understand there policies
Atypical days was checking deliveries for any signs of last minute damage before they go out,allocating jobs to the drivers with appropriate paperwork,the hardest part ws trying to avoid damage to cars and customer parking,the enjoyable part was dealing with preople.
22 January 2020
Thanks for your review. Its good to receive your feedback and we take your comments on-board.
Good
Lookers are a good company to work with, competitive salaries and a good atmosphere to work in. Lots of areas to work on so always room for someone of any skill.
22 January 2020
Thanks for your review. I am delighted to hear that you think Lookers is a great company to work with and we wish you a long and successful career with us.
Good place
I am an Experienced 2nd & 3rd Line Engineer & IT Service Support Analyst with expert Knowledge in Oracle Financial modules ,Providing Expert solutions in Customer Services and User Issues.
22 January 2020
Thanks for your review. We are glad to hear you found lookers to be a good place to work.
great company ,looks after staff
Lookers was a great company to work for, the site i worked at was bought out by another company. i loved the brand i worked with and was gutted to leave but was given promotion at another Lexus site.
22 January 2020
Thanks for your review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed working for Lookers. I agree that we are a great company. We really do have our people and customers at our heart. We wish you all the best for the future.
Look elsewhere
Managers are bullies if you let them away with it Co workers are brown nosers who take great delight in informing the management on every little thing so as to be one of the clique they make new starts very unwelcome from day one and offer no help at all as I say it’s a clique.Glad I’m out of it my advice stay away!!!!!
10 December 2019
Thanks for your review. We are disappointed to hear your view of the management at your location. At Lookers we work hard to provide a supportive and rewarding environment for everyone. Your comments have been taken on board. Should you wish to please email hradminteam@lookers.co.uk with your details to allow us to investigate?
You get out what you put in
Overall Lookers is a good place to work.
You do get out of it what you put in.

If you’re a hard worker you can potentially earn good money.

The management team are great.

Sales is not for everyone & you have to take the rough with the smooth.

The full time working hours can be a lot but lately they have offered more flexible hours.
10 December 2019
Thank you for your review. We understand that our industry can be demanding and in some cases the hours long, which is why we increased our holiday allowances recently to allow more time away from work. We hope you continue to enjoy a successful career with Lookers and we do take your comments on-board.
Friendly, open environment
Challenging, but rewarding. Great experience & loyalty is rewarded. Though pressure is always on, you don't feel it too much. Don't feel like a number, made to matter.
22 November 2019
Thanks for your review. We are delighted to hear that you are enjoying life at lookers.We are glad to hear that you feel supported and valued. We wish you a long and prosperous career with us!
Busy Dealership with good training
Working there for 18 years I felt very much part of the team and worked well with the backing of a supportive management. Being a diagnostic Technician I found myself working closely with the customers gaining a good clientele and always trying to achieve a First time Fix.
22 November 2019
Thanks for your feedback. It's great to hear that you have enjoyed a long and fulfilling career with Lookers. We wish you all the best for the future.
Do not work for them, they are clueless
What a awful and complete nightmare. They constantly book in work with no staff to cover the work. I was told I was underperforming but they had 0 evidence of this. Stay away from this company I hope they go under!
20 November 2019
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. Sorry to hear you feel you were unable to manage the work load given to you, this is not what we expect at Lookers. We will take your comments on board
Dreadful place to work
The industry is dead people aren’t buying cars, but lookers still expect you to be able to sell to none existent customers, paid company car tax but regularly had to use my own car as there “weren’t enough company vehicles” absolute Joke
20 November 2019
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We are sorry to hear that your experience has not been a positive one. At Lookers we work hard to provide a supportive and rewarding environment for everyone. Your comments have been taken on board.