Lonza Employee Reviews

Productive and expanding company
QC Biochemistry Technician (Former Employee) –  Slough12 February 2019
A very good CRO to work for with expanding work force, a strong desire for the company to allow development of skills and climb the career ladder. Only downside is constant fast paced work requirements.
Ok work place with below average pay
Technologist (Current Employee) –  Slough, Berkshire29 August 2018
Heavily GMP and stressful environment. Employees are given the opportunity to learn new techniques at first but it very quickly becomes routine and boring.
No Complain!
R&D Technologist I (Current Employee) –  Slough6 July 2018
Everyday is a valuable learning day. There is a morning and evening staff shuttle bus from Slough Station, and as long as you do your 7.5hours a day, you have flexible start and end time.
Lonza
Financial Accountant (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester20 May 2018
The working culture is not the best at Lonza in Manchester. There is a lack of flexibility and trust.

There are some nice people who work for the company but as an employee I do not feel valued and I do not feel like I have learned anything. I have made no progress in my career. It feels like a huge step back. The work I am doing is very montonous. I feel under a lot of pressure due to the volume of work and tight deadlines.
Pros
Central Manchester, good bonus
Cons
Lack of flexibilty
Good experience
Analytical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Slough Trading Estate12 April 2018
Average workplace, very rush rush, typical day is from 8-6 sometimes later. People are mostly nice, management is varied, some good, but understaffed and not very well organised
Pros
Good experience
Cons
Long hours, low pay
Great Place To Work full-time
Production Operator (Current Employee) –  Livingston, West Lothian8 April 2018
Amazing colleagues, forward thinking organisation and an inspiring mission. A very exciting place to be right now. The company is making great strides and has hired really great people who are developing well. Really enjoying it at the moment.
Contract Manufacturing Company
QA Associate (Former Employee) –  Slough29 March 2018
Good place to work for job experience. Interesting work and technologies. State of the art equipment. Good oppurtunities to move around within the company.
Productive and supportive
Warehouse Technician/Heavy SAP user (Current Employee) –  Slough28 March 2018
In the two years worked at Lonza i have learned many things that will help me develop in my future career.The working environment,even though always under pressure,was pleasant and encouraging.
I have achieved new skills and experience and made real friends.
Pros
working hours
Cons
unpaid lunch, stressful deadlines
Challenging and rewarding organisation to work for
Learning & Development Administrator (Former Employee) –  Slough13 February 2018
Challenging and ever changing environment. Excellent people and culture enabling communication and development.

6 years in learning and development, sales business development departments. Fast paced and working to deadlines.

Culture extremely pleasant, friendly workplace.
Goods benefits
Laboratory Analyst (Former Employee) –  Slough, Berkshire22 March 2017
Pension, child care vouchers, free transport from Slough to site, interest free season ticket loans.
One of the better companies I have worked for. Social club is active and there has been a marked improvement in encouraging people to be involved in out of hours activities such as yoga, photography etc..
Pros
As above
Cons
lack of forward planning
Specialist cleaning (Current Employee) –  Slough20 November 2016
very good company,good pay,friendly,helpful and kind management.
Good lunch,nice athmosphere and easy going people around makes this place really worth to work for.
Great place for training.
Scientist (Former Employee) –  Slough13 July 2016
A great place towork. All is electronically driven. There is varied workload. Found the people very friendly and helpful.
Would not recommend
AP clerk (Former Employee) –  SSC Manchester1 May 2016
Was very badly treated for the very short time spent there, unfairly dismissed, reasons I am still struggling to understand as never experienced with any other company!

So not good review from me I am afraid....bad experience!
Pros
Salary, benefits
Cons
Not family friendly, lack of understanding from management about emergency situations out of your control.
Fun Workplace
QUALITY ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Slough, ENG9 December 2015
Very enjoyable, lots of fun however the work must be complete in a timely manor and lots of opportunities to progress. This is a very satisfying job as you are able to help patients all over the world recover from multiple illnesses.
Pros
Great Atmosphere
Excellent workplace
Analytical Services Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Slough, ENG2 August 2015
Really good workplace, excellent company to work for and wonderful colleagues to work with. Very positive environment.
Pros
Shuttle bus to work, subsidised canteen, private healthcare
productive workplace
Temporary R&D Technologist (Former Employee) –  Slough/Winnersh1 July 2014
Enjoyable experience with many skills learnt for a first job. Co workers very nice to get along with.
Challenging, engaging and rewarding.
Laboratory Sciences Technologist (Current Employee) –  Slough, ENG3 February 2014
As a Technologist within Analytical Services, there is a duality to the role; it encompasses aspects of a Technician's duties, the day to day running of the Laboratory, in particular, aspects of Procurement, Sample receipt and Shipping all relating to the department; and Scientist Roles including the performance of assays relating to the Development and Validation of Methods, routine testing of Platform Methods to determine the Characteristic and Stability of Biologically active products.
In my time at Lonza, I have had a breadth of experience of working in a GMP environment, alongside competent, diligent and passionate staff. Management have pushed me, fostered my abilities and allowed me to change the role to suit not only to benefit myself but also to better benefit the team that I support.
Life at Lonza
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Reading, ENG16 January 2014
I started at 06:00, moved from south block to west then north to east,
I started my day off by calibrating all machinery and stocking up all needed equipment for the daily events to come.

All other workers started at 08:00.

though out the day I managed my own schedule, working mostly on my own but also as a team.
I worked a shift pattern of 12hours on 3 days and 12 hours off.

The greatest part of my job was knowing that the drugs we were making will help someone.
Friendly workplace
Professional Placement Student (Former Employee) –  Winnersh, Wokingham25 October 2013
Very friendly working environment. A typical day consisted of laboratory based work and completion of associated records in-line with cGMP guidelines.
Confidence with a various job
Laboratory Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Slough, ENG23 October 2013
Lonza is medical company and one of top 10 Employers in UK from 2011 till present.
I used to Clean Laboratory in Lonza, bath road every single day. As a Cleaner Contract, my main duties is: Mopping the floors, Cleaning the drains, walls, ceiling, windows, doors, Bench, Cupboard, Tables, Vents, Surfaces and also removing the rubbish bin.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lonza. Our community is ready to answer.