London South Bank University Employee Reviews

My boss was the best
PA to the Pro Dean/Director of Contracts (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London18 March 2019
I loved working here as the lady I PA'd for was fantastic and we are still in contact now.

She gave me responsibilities and trusted me to do things and just let me get on with them. When I work, I give 100% and will do anything that I am asked to do.

Also when the Dean's PA was off sick or on holiday he would always ask me to cover, which was a great compliment.

When my boss decided to retire I had to leave.
Pros
Great boss, easy location
Cons
It was an enjoyable place to work
Freelance Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Elephant and Castle, London20 February 2019
It was a good place to work. I had also studied there.

The work was interesting, challenging and rewarding.

I had a good relationship with my colleagues and management.
Productive work place
Visiting Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Elephant & Castle, Greater London20 February 2019
Working environment is really good. Especially for the engineering department I can say they really give importance to engineer. And also people are really kindly.
Web Developer
Intern (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London15 February 2019
Video Editing
Work 9-5
Hardest part is how much work there is
The best part was having time with colleagues on Friidays
meetups.

Good Environment to work
fun place to work
Sports Ambassador (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London28 January 2019
very flexible work enivroment and loads of job opportunities. great way to improve confidence, works round your study. room to develop in a senior position
Condusive work place
Assistant Enrolment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  London, United Kingdom24 January 2019
A modern state of the art university with experienced staff that cut across many sociocultural background offering excellent education. Located in the heart of London.
Friendly Environment
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  London27 December 2018
LSBU provides very joyful work experience. As a graduate TA, I have to pursue my full-time research along with part-time teaching, time allocation is excellent. Team Leads (module leaders) keep in touch constantly. weekly meeting and planning make the management easy. Although inter-departmental communication is a bit time consuming, and ICT team is bit lazy. The hardest part of the job is teaching some of the students, as some choose modules regardless of their backgrounds. The most enjoyable part is the research, you get utmost freedom of doing your research, labs are well equipped.
Pros
lab infrastructure, friendly employee
Cons
pay scale is bit low
Fabulous first experience as first workplacement
Legal Adviser (Former Employee) –  London17 December 2018
This was my first experience into a workplacement and I was really surprised giving the fact that I can compare it to the Romanian system of workplacements, about how they put the students straight into the shoes of a Paralegal even though I went through areas which were new to me. I was really impressed of this project of Legal Clinical Education.
Dog eat dog environment
Quality assurance, fees officer (Former Employee) –  London8 October 2018
The prospect of having a job was great but the way the jobs are managed can be a bit brutal and the recruitment management staff have a blase attitude of dismissing staff.

The job itself was pretty straightforward
Pros
Young Environment
Cons
Nasty management
Well established
University Lecturer (Former Employee) –  London30 August 2018
A good place if you want to be left to your own devices, in that respect the autonomy of each of the departments shows that the processes have been working for some time. This can be slightly difficult to break into as a new member of staff, however, support is available if you require it.
Pros
Well structured processes
Exciting and Adventurous
Student Am (Former Employee) –  London16 August 2018
It was really exciting to be a Student Ambassador for LSBU, representing and projecting a university that you are proud was something I really enjoyed.
Proactive and motivation
Education institution (Former Employee) –  ICT department2 August 2018
In a helpful and friendly environment, I learned how to manage my task successfully by working with the good enthusiastic team. Also helped me to how prioritizing the jobs professionally according to the terms and condition, and health and safety procedures
the best
Student (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London28 July 2018
This University is one of the best in the country, from experience it has a range of cultured people in there and also the teaching is appropriate and up to date.
Productive fun place
PhD Researcher (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London6 July 2018
This company is great. Everything about this corporation is to make people and customers happy. I have been given every chance to improve myself in here.
Fun but sometimes stressful
Senior Hall Ambassador (Current Employee) –  London30 May 2018
The job is ok, it is fun to communicate with all of the residents and rewarding to help them in times of need, the only thing the position lacks is a stable wage to live off and strong leadership. My experience with this position has seen weak leadership which effects all teams.
Pros
free accomodation
Cons
no holiday/bereavement/sick time off
Fun workplace
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  London24 May 2018
It is a very fun and productive workplace. The best thing about the job is that it works around your course timetable. The networking opportunities is also a great bonus.
Fun and Varied
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Elephant & Castle, Greater London8 May 2018
Friendly and helpful management, as well as colleagues. Can choose jobs and hours that fit you and your workload, so you can apply for as much as you want.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Days may be shorter or longer than expected
Excellent place to see diversity and inclusivity in HE
Senior Lecturer (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London20 April 2018
Mix of working schedule between teaching, research and administration
Learned much about management within HE sector
Administrative demands could be very high
Many excellent colleagues
Many management changes which were disruptive
Not productive and chaotic
Administrator (Current Employee) –  London Bridge Station, Greater London27 March 2018
I enjoyed my job but the overall management of the university is chaotic, unproductive and ever changing. Work is flexible and colleagues are nice....
Pros
flexibility
Cons
Lack of management
Great University to learn and work
Telephone Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  London12 March 2018
LSBU provided good opportunities of employment as well as good education. Good job to the jobshop team who always support students and helped them find jobs while studying. I would recommend this university for anyone looking to study and work part time in one location.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at London South Bank University. Our community is ready to answer.

London South Bank University Reviews by Location