London North West University Healthcare NHS Trust

London North West University Healthcare NHS Trust Employee Reviews

United Kingdom22 reviews
fun multicultural place to work with very different jobs to do. job is very exciting for the first 6 months and then slows down quite a bit. great management and work ethic.
Robust and fast paced. The workplace culture is good and the most enjoyable part of my job is liaising with the patients and ensuring they receive good care. I also enjoy working with the clinicians and managers on a day to day basis.
Pros
great holidays
Cons
Job security
A very busy department with a large team of consultants and registrars. Very keen to make a good impression and learn a new specialty which I found very interesting and enjoyed. Always willing to go that step further in offering my services to learn more to assist in the role of others in the team. Management were on hand to help with any difficulties had by clients. The hardest part of the job was not being able to complete a task when the information needed from another was not filtered down. Teamwork between the admin team was on point in helping each other when the workload was immense. Also, when complemented by a client on my verbal skills at times of sensitivity.
we dont have productive fun at work place as nursing is a profession always acccustomed todo our duties .absolutely we dont get time to complete our works especially the paper works needs to be cut shortened.
Pros
no free lunchs
Cons
no paid breaks
A well-developed organisation, who looks after the multicultural patient. It is a very busy hospital as the geographical area is wider. More high-risk patients are cared for. I learned the most was the management of the high-risk patient. The hardest part of the job was to work with lots of agency staff most of the time. Enjoyable part of the job was the teamwork.
Pros
Team work
Cons
staff skill mix
I was responsible for the ward round which helped me quite a lot in terms of getting experience. Moreover I was also engaged at clinics which helped me familiarize with the way NHS works.
• Ensuring a safe discharge to community
• Arrange discharge planning with MDT/patient and NOK

• Coordinate and facilitates all discharge process in a timely manner
Pros
Contracted hours
Cons
Contracted hours
Good workplace with lots of learning opportunities but can become really busy, at least the department I work. Salary is the normal NHS and management is not the best.
Register patients, answer phones calls, filing and scanning. You learn to work under pressure. The hardest part of the job is having to deal with patients that are waiting long hours and are getting frustrated with you and you have to find a way to calm them down. The staff that I work with very friendly.
Excellent support in place : preceptorship, restorative supervision, excellent safeguarding supervision, development opportunities and good working atmosphere.
A typical day at work would me working on two different floors Working alongside to different teams in a hospital environment.

Having to use my initiative as well as working in a team.z
Learning
Training

Good hours

Chance to progress

Good team

Working with patients

Car parking was difficult

The best part of the job was the team working
Pros
Great team
Cons
Poor communication
Learning
Training

Good hours

Chance to progress

Good team

Working with patients

Car parking was difficult

The hardest part of the job was seeing patients stuck in hospital because of no social beds available

Pros
Progression
Cons
Shortstaffed
I attend meetings regularly at the head office. Here I meet managers and senior project mangers.

This was very rewarding as it enabled me to participate in discussion about important changes to the mental health services .

The staff are welcoming and considerate and I was treated with respect and like an equal despite my junoir level.

Only difficulty was that work s very infrequent sometimes weeks apart and not enough time was given for preparation.
Pros
Paid travels expenses
Cons
not enough work
Responsible for the secretarial support of 3 consultant orthopaedic surgeons. Dealing with queries relating to treatment and management of treatment. Ensuring clinical information is correct and received by GPS efficiently and accurately.

Helping patients resolved their issues.
Pros
Working alongside other experienced secretaries providing team support
Cons
Demanding turn round for clinical information
Good patient care,team work,quality improvement whilst working with a multi disciplinary team. Advanced nursing involved in continuous quality improvement
Great team, great challenge, satisfactory outcome.
I was lucky enough to work with one of the best directors I have ever come across.

the support from the management was second to none.

A brilliant job with fantastic outcome on all projects I was involved
I have been working at this Trust for just under 3 years now and since joining up I've been located to two departments. The first being in the patient relations office whereby we liaise with patients and assist them with issues about their treatment, appointment confirmation and general queries. The main role is listening to and logging complaints from patients about the service they've experienced, whether it be medical negligence, or even misdiagnoses related issues. There are two ways in which we deal with complaints which are formally and informally. An informal complaint resolution would be listening to the issues and liaising with service managers on behalf of the patients to achieve a goal.

A formal complant is a serious complaint which is logged by the department and sent for an official investigation after which meetings can be organised with families and medical professionals to reach a local resolution.

General office duties require data entry, filing, photocopying, taking calls, emailing, liaising with medical professionals, attending meetings, assisting the bereavement relations team
Pros
NHS discounts
Cons
Hospital environment can be demotivating at times
A typical day at our surgical ward involves lot of challenges as patients are admitted with chronic conditions like inflammatory bowel disease and Crohns disease.

A marked feature in this ward is that almost all patients are dependent or oral analgesia and patient controlled analgesia in the post operative phase.Monitoring patients on continuous pain therapy is a challenge but an amazing learning experience.

I have learnt to prioritize my work and manage time effectively in this area of work.

My coworkers are positive and committed to what they do.We focus on team work.Blame game is not encouraged and anybody who has free time is willing to help others who are busy.

The hardest part of my job involves managing confused patients post surgery as they require one to one care, in a short staffed scenario most of the time.Management of patients with chronic pain issues is also a challenge,although the pain management team plays a vital role in our department.

The most enjoyable part of my job is doing my best to treat a patient with dignity and respect that every human being deserves,no matter how busy the shift is.This truly makes my day rewarding.
Pros
ward meetings to foster team spirit
Cons
Long hours, staff shortage
busy but very friendly staff member and i personally like to work here. The most enjoyable part of the job is communicating with multicultural people by understanding their specific need.
Meeting and Greeting patients on arrival to the practice this maybe on the phone or at the reception desk.

Answer and triage all calls throughout the day, to action alerts.

The booking and cancelling of appointments. Action all queries sent from doctors, locums, nurses and healthcare assistants including district nurses, podiatrist,alcohol abuse clinics and counselling services.

Assisting with reconciling invoices with delivery notes and statements as directed.

Assisting with the receiving, opening and distributing of incoming mail, in accordance with practice policy, responding to routine matters where appropriate.

Packing away clinical waste and filling up stock. specmin bottles, gloves, cleaning products, clinical wipes.

Responsible for scanning all letters and documents and for ensuring all actions are completed accurately and within appropriate time-scales in accordance with practice procedure.

Assisting with the logging and processing of all requests for patient information from outside agencies in accordance with the Data Protection.

Assisting with photocopying requirements in a timely fashion.

Assist with booking meeting rooms as directed.

Dealing effectively with telephone and other enquiries ,taking messages and passing on information to team members as necessary.

Filing patient notes, clinical letters/results and other correspondence and retrieving and refiling medical records as required.

The hardest part of the job is when a patient has passed on and gone to the NHS Trust in Heaven.

To see a happy and smiling patient at the
 - more...
Pros
First hand information on health and job opportunitys
Cons
Hours can be long and extremely busy
Ask a question about working or interviewing at London North West University Healthcare NHS Trust. Our community is ready to answer.
London North West University Healthcare NHS Trust Reviews by Job Title