London City Airport Employee Reviews

Opportunity
Operations (Current Employee) –  London12 February 2019
London City Airport offers great advancement for everyone and it is a fantastic place to gain experience. At a lower level the people are friendly and hardworking for the most part. LCY struggles to hold on to the talented people it spends time training for roles because it can find it hard to help people enjoy their roles and the work environment.
Pros
Airport, opportunity, growth.
Cons
lack of guidance and managment
Tough employer
Fire Fighter (Former Employee) –  Silvertown2 January 2019
Soulless bosses who don't really care about their employees but do make all the right noises for employment law. bang on about how great an employer they are but really the support isnt there and managers get away with murder with how they treat the staff. HR is just a tool for the management. Very anti union and they will find an excuse to get rid of anyone who they know is union active.
Pros
Good benefits and pay
Cons
heartless uncaring management.
bad management
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  London City Airport9 November 2018
it was always busy always less staff than required they teach you a few things which was the only thing that was beneficial. Working with the management only if your face fit the term digestive face (white or of the fairer colour) there is not one coloured individual in the top teir jobs of the company while the airport is in a very diverse area of london. most enjoyable part is working with individuals from other departments. salary is really bad for the work you do in a dangerous enviroment.
Pros
staff parking
Cons
you can not progress if you're face don't fit
productive
Airport Ambassador (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London17 October 2018
My roll as a concierge at the airport was interesting meeting people of all level and helpin them with their flights and directing them to the right terminals
Pros
30mins lunch
Cons
8hours a day
it was a very interesting post
Airport Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Canary Wharf, Greater London24 September 2018
my main duties was meeting and greeting passengers to the airport assisting them if they need to know flight details,as an Ambassidor i also had to escort important people to the checkout and make sure they safely get their flight ok
Pros
1 hour
Cons
Relaxed, well managed work environment
Planning Manager Intern (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London22 July 2018
Flexible, comfortable field of work with an excellent annual salary at a beginner level. The company offers many bonuses and opportunities to grow and develop as you mature in their field of work.
Pros
Office Workspace
Cons
Commuting time
ok place
PR Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London8 May 2018
can get boring and repetitive, staff are local which is great for the community - but can be very common. no discounts or benefits. build good relationships with different airlines
London city airport
Chef Manager (Former Employee) –  East London, Greater London16 April 2018
In the morning staff briefing for the day.cash up check rota for following day enter all entres on to the computer train staff were it’s needed on a daily basis ,my work was very vibrate and fun yet very hard work at the end of the the most enjoyable part of the job is good hard working staff ,and pleasant clientele
Pros
Non
Fun and productive
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  London City Airport30 January 2018
Everyone was so kind and very easy to get along with. In particular 6 people stood out to me and made me feel welcome and gave me more of an insite about working in London city airport.
I definitely left this work experience with the thought of applying there in the future once I finish my aviation course.
Pros
Discounts from the airport restaurants
bad management
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  London28 January 2018
they train more people than they need then let go people when they feel that they need a lot less people than they originally brought in to train. train ten people keep four
Customer focused
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  London City Airport15 January 2018
• Provide flight and tourist information to customers.
• Office and administration duties within the department.
• Advising customers of onward travel arrangements.
Challenging, fast faced, always under pressure
Customer Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  London28 September 2017
Every day at work is different. Have to be able to adapt to different situation. Able to multi task. We have different queries we have to handle on a daily basis. Have a good knowledge of airlines as well to be able to give much information to the passengers.
Fast-paced and intense
Passenger Services Agent (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London24 September 2017
I follow a routine set of complex procedures in multiple airline service departments. I learned to manage time effectively, solve problems independently and handle demanding customers. I have a great working relationship with all my seniors and managers. I connect very easily with all my colleagues and enjoy team work. At times I had to deal with the most difficult circumstances independently including disruptions, cancellations, security breaches and many flight turnaround anomalies. I enjoy the dynamic nature of the job where I always have targets to reach such as ensuring that flights are on time and maximising positive customer reception.
good place to work with good benefits
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Newham, Greater London15 July 2017
good place to work with good benefits also learnt different skills to help make the job easier. however the hardest part of the job was the physical effect on the body.
productive
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  London City Airport7 May 2017
i enjoyed working with people and communicating with the customers , most of the time it would be busy and its something you get used to but its hard work.
Best to work
Aviation Security/Health and Safety officer (Current Employee) –  London24 April 2017
London City Airport is one of the best to work for as an organisation.

Best working environment. Best Management.

Benefits. Pension Scheme and most importantly, the working experience a person can acquired while working for London City Airport is something very hard to think about while working for any other airport in the UK.
Empresa dinamica e agradavel de se trabalhar.
Helpdesk coordinator (Current Employee) –  Londres18 April 2017
Um hambiente de trabalho Stressante e Exaustivo. Para a quantidade de trabalho diariamente, deveria pelo menos ser melhor pago. Um posto de trabalho que nao esta devidamente reconhecido.
Pros
E um emprego.
Cons
Estenuante!
Fun Workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London7 March 2017
I believe during my workplace at City Airport I have learnt a lot of things as there were a friendly worker and comfortable place to work.
Unfortunately my workplace at City Airport was limited time for two weeks only, however, for a limited time my supervisor teach me and let me experience and get knowledge about how to deal with customers and serve them in information desk, as for check-in desk.
Pros
non
Cons
Short hours and limited placement time
Fun and rewarding
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  London7 February 2017
Flexible working shifts, adjustable for family and other commitments, no such as typical day at work, positive career prospect, good team working.
Pros
Health benefits, training programmes, flexible working hours
Cons
early shifts (due to the nature of the industry)
Great team
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  London15 January 2017
Lovelly people
A real diverse group of all nationalities

The hardest part was impatient customers. It taught me to be very patient and have excellent skills in the customer service sector