London Borough of Redbridge

London Borough of Redbridge Employee Reviews

United Kingdom39 reviews
Nice place
Relaxed atmosphere and nice people to work with. The town centre is busy but there are loads of shops to choose from when going out to lunch. There is a car park close to many of the office buildings, so parking should not be an issue.
Pros
Nice colleagues
Cons
Processes
Inviting, caring, challenging and fabulous leadership.
The London Borough of Redbridge has excellent leadership in both the Chief Executive and Leader of the Council. The balance of formality and informality is good and the support I received was absolutely fabulous.
The hardest part of the job was leaving to go home and the most enjoyable was coming into work!

There was no typical day, just exciting, challenging and transformational work with a great excellent leader.
Pros
A fabulous learning experience.
Cons
None.
Good company to work for
In the 30 years I worked for the borough, there was very good work ethic, everybody worked as a team. The borough as a whole, whatever department you worked in, was like one big happy family.
Exciting and relaxed
Redbridge is an exciting place to work with great vision and a desire to improve services for customers and staff. Great support for change from senior management.
Pros
Central location
Fun and Friendly Environment
LBR is a fun and friendly environment. The people working there were helpful and friendly and were nice to talk to. There can be good days and good days as expected with any job but is definately worth the time.
welcoming and very helpful
welcomed me and taught me many differenct skills. was able to work in different departmetns and was taught by knowledgable people with a very included learning methods.
love the job
I really enjoyed working for the cash office, because i enjoyed working outside meeting different people then going in to council buildings, schools, leisure centres and libraries. i learnt how to deal was a large amount of cash and how to process it also processing cheques using the whole of Microsoft.
Good place
Good place, very nice atmosphere at Redbridge cleansing, and the managers there try to help you all the time. The money is good once you show commitment and dedication!!!
Pros
flexibity
n/a
I do not wish to give an opinion on this forum about my time at London Borough of Redbridge and I do hope you will understand my reasons for declining your offer to rate them.
Good atmosphere
Fun group to work with. Job was made in smal group of people out side in all wether conditions. Emptying Pay & Display machines and collecting and cach in London Borough of Redbridge.
Pros
Good Pension
Cons
Need to work in cold and bad wether outside
Poor pay, but loyal
Not the best paying London Borough but loyal and surprisingly low turnover of staff.

Most office jobs now centralised in Ilford.

Would be happy to work there again.
Challenging but exciting
Dealing with customers who were making their first property investment was an eyeopener. I learnt a lot about government legislation, organising conferences, dealing with complaints as well as service charge queries.
Working in school suits my family life
Working in a primary school suits my family life. Being a single parent, it is hard to juggle work/personal life as well as studies. Being able to have holidays at the same time as your children is definitely a bonus but am prepared to work full-time now as my children are older.
Difficult place to work
The London Borough of Redbridge (LBR) is one of the smaller local authorities within London.

It is considerably behind the majority of other boroughs in terms of innovation and development in all areas and this has created a very challenging environment to work in.

Due to the previous Chief Executive and his team failing to take appropriate measures when the financial crisis took hold LBR is currently in the process of trying to find savings up to £60,000,000 over the next two years. This contributes to the challenging nature of the workplace environment.

Senior Management continue to struggle to get to grips with the best way to guarantee these savings leading to regular changes of direction in policy and priorities making my role particularly uncomfortable.

The best of the job for me is the autonomy I have within my role. I am not micro managed and this has allowed me to develop within the role over the years.
Pros
Autonomy within my role
Cons
Current working environment
Changing Culture
The organisation is on a journey to be One Brilliant Team. It is appearing to be a very long journey and many employees of all types are finding it very uncomfortable
Pros
Quality of work
Cons
Happy clapping
Work life balance
Local and good work life balance
Walking distance to work

Near the high road

Supportive line manager

Busy and stretched due to a small team

Not a secure job
Pros
Local
Cons
Stretched
London Borough of Redbridge
I find the London Borough of Redbridge to be a good employer who are committed to improving the standard of life of their residents and to providing a working environment for their employees that encourages commitment and dedication.
Pros
Home working opportunities
Cons
My commute
Fab place
Enjoyed working with colleagues and also with customers such a wide variety of enquiries when dealing with all council issues. enquiries could be educated related, cleansing, highways
Undergoing enormous change in Education and Inclusion
Unfortunately the very large salaries drawn by the chiefs means very few Indians left to do the work. Plenty of management speak about teams and challenges but they are fundamentally clueless about the direction local government needs to take. A lot of hot air being expelled about becoming a traded service or some form of limited company- deckchair re-arrangement on the Titanic springs to mind.
There will be opportunities in future, there always are, but the loss of expertise means restarting from a low base.

Remodelling has resulted in no offices and hot desking as the norm which really tells you how expendable you are

A lot of blogging by senior management which they think is communication but are we really interested in where they arte going for their next holiday?
Pros
Good schools
Cons
Hot desking and poor working environment
Tough place to work. Needs a culture overhaul
Still a long way to go. Needs much stronger management to deliver the changes required.Needs to attract quality staff.
Great work ethic by lots of teams though.
flexible work
enjoyable job, relaxed atmosphere. good management. arrived and collected from meters in the borough, returned and passed to be counted, bagged and made ready for collection. enjoyed fellow workers, only downside being out in all weathers.
Pros
flexible
Cons
out in all weathers