London Borough of Redbridge Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
flexible work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Essex4 August 2017
enjoyable job, relaxed atmosphere. good management. arrived and collected from meters in the borough, returned and passed to be counted, bagged and made ready for collection. enjoyed fellow workers, only downside being out in all weathers.
Pros
flexible
Cons
out in all weathers
effective and fun workplace
FAMILY WORKER (Former Employee) –  Redbridge16 May 2017
a typical day looks like mixture of duties i.e. contacting clients, facilitating a parenting programme session, updating case notes for attendees and non-attendees, 1:1 support work with clients and inform sharing as appropriate with other professionals involved with the children in safeguarding.
Pros
local and flexible working
Cons
pay freeze
loved it
Ground Maintenance and Cemetery technician (Former Employee) –  London20 March 2017
great job working for the borough great team nice hours of work plenty of work a bit dirty at times but thats part of the job great job loved every minet
Pros
good hours
Cons
got dirty
Transformation
Information Governance Consultant (Current Employee) –  Ilford, Greater London10 March 2017
An organisation undergoing a significant amount of change, that affects the motivation of the workforce. Once completed and the forward momentum is achieved this will be an organisation to be followed
good first job
pot girl (Former Employee) –  fairlop water13 December 2016
This was my first job I worked their for nearly two years and it gave me a good insight to how the working world works.

My job included stock rotation and cleaning the bar. I also served the gold customers item that included golf balls and green fees.
On night when event toke place I would collect glass from tables and make sure that the bar was always stocked and clean glass where available
Challenging but fun workplace
Senior Administrator (Former Employee) –  Barkingside5 October 2016
The job was not routine and it was forever changing which what I liked about it and the workplace was amazing. Nonetheless the cost cutting strategy that the council embarked on it was inevitable that work would get more demanding. Staff were not valued in the process as it was purely a number crunching exercise. Skills were not matched to appropriate Jobs hence staffs left were unexperienced and turnover of staff keep increasing. Management was very poor with no clear direction.
Pros
Very easy to commute
Cons
Expectations were beyond capacity
What used to be a good employer is no longer.
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Redbridge23 August 2016
I worked for Redbride for many years, it's used to be a great place to work and with supportive management. This is no longer the case, management has lost touch with its workers and the people who live in the borough. There are many many vacancies in Redbrige now just take a look, many people have left their employment and for good reasons .......If I was looking for a new job Redbridge would be at the bottom of my list.
Pros
Good job work life balance
Cons
Poor and detached management.
Caring & Conscientious staff
Resources Officer (Current Employee) –  Ilford9 July 2016
Non-Stop working
Great Caring & Conscientious Staff
The hardest part of the job is trying to complete everything in the allotted time
Most enjoyable part of the job is knowing you have completed the task in the allotted time
Pros
Flexible Working
Good teamwork,lack of comunication with middle management sometimes but Ok
Facilities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ilford12 May 2016
same routine at most but needed for procedure and safety, always a course of training given to improve your skills eg.Caretaking N.V.Q. levels to qualify. Management very good but hard to communicate with some problems, co-workers are good with teamwork, split shifts on the day not that enjoyable. End of the week good a day off maybe two.
Pros
Cons
Split Shifts
fun place to work
Planning enforcement Officer (Former Employee) –  sadSGH28 January 2016
I HATE THIS AUTOMATED ENTRY SYSTEM IT SUCKS

the job at LBR was a good one and Id work there again if the chance arose. good managers, flexible working hours, fair pay and a challenging job
Pros
q
Cons
dffre
supportive team
Asbestos Officer (Former Employee) –  Redbridge, ENG14 November 2015
Very supportive and friendly co workers, lots of work to cover every day , desk & field work to be done so every day was varied.
Pros
flexi working
Cons
low salary
very good employer, treated us very well.
Planning enforcement Officer (Former Employee) –  London, ENG13 June 2015
days were dynamic, our managers let us do our jobs as long as at the required time the work was done so it was a joy to go to work !
Training was offered for anyone wanting it.
Co workers were like family.
Hardest part was not being able to help the Public in certain circumstances like when cases had to go to Magistrates Court for possible Committal to Prison.
Best part was being able to do my Job yet make a difference to te Public i was dealing with.
Pros
free courses, flexi time
Cons
not enough hours to do all you wanted to.
Responsible ,reliable job
Senior Welfare Officer (Current Employee) –  London, ENG10 June 2014
No day is ever the same; working with young people is a great experience and a huge learning curve for all that take on this kind of work.
I have learned that you must let a youngster be heard, listen to them.
Safeguarding and confidentiality to all of our students is paramount.

Line manage two Healthcare assistants, I am able to delegate day to day tasks and train them on health/ medical issues. I offer guidance and reassurance.

Contribute to the LSA appraisal system.

I have a good working relationship with my co-workers, they are able to approach me with their work and personal issues, always with discretion.

Child Protection is the hardest part of my job, the anxiety of what the children go through can be heart breaking. You need to be kind, caring, sympathetic, use judgement in the appropriate way.

The most enjoyable part of my job is to see a child achieve.

I am very thorough in my record keeping and documentation.
Pros
Clinical & Child Protection experience
Cons
Dislike role play.
Professional environment at workplace
Spanish Teacher (Current Employee) –  Redbridge, ENG2 April 2014
I teach Spanish to Primary School children. The classes are at lunchtime and at after school hours. With kids the challenges are to make the classes both interesting and enjoyable, with lots of different activities. I've learned that being patient, flexible and adaptable are key. It is very important to get the classes prepared before hand but things might need to be adapted when it comes to the actual teaching. The hardest part of the job is dealing with kids who can be disruptive or not so interested in the subject. However, experience is very helpful with classroom management. The most enjoyable part of the job is to see at first hand how quickly they learn a foreign language and how much they love it! It is a very satisfaying job! Children are very enthusiastic and it is a very happy experience. I simply love my job.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Not enough work
Terrible Management
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  IIlford5 November 2012
I worked here for a long time...5+ years!
Enjoyed my job until recently. Bad management began to prevail and office became very unsettled and bitter due.to restructuring. LBR seem to have lost all interest in staff morale and seem unwilling to help when problems arise with working relationships :(
Currently jobseeking!
Pros
flexible hours, good pay
Cons
bad management, low staff morale.
Challenging and Opportunites for Team Building
BENEFITS OFFICER (Current Employee) –  ILFORD, ESSEX30 October 2012
On a day to day basis I look at different cases, individually carefully and with good attention to detail. Since being with Redbridge Council I have learnt alot especially about several In-house systems and about the different types of benefits people can claim if they are working and not working.

I currently work as part of a team of 12 people and work very well with them as we deal with problems within our team or amongst each other. I also feel very confident in approaching all members individually if and when I need to.

The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that my whole team and I all work very well together as well as having a great working relationship with them.

Also when the public acknowledge the importantance of my role, by appreciating me when I contact them myself and give them the best possible customer services I can.

It's important for me to acknowledge when I have done my job successfully without any major issues. I also find myself getting really involved in particular cases in order to get to the bottom of specific things which are essential for assessing people's Housing Benefit applications.

The hardest part of my job is when I come across complicated cases which can be time consuming in some instances. Previously I have had to interview members of the public with my colleagues for support and this has been difficult as it's hard to predict whether they are actually telling the truth about their current situation or not.
Pros
flexible hours and flexi days off and 27 days annual leave
ok ish
various positions (Current Employee) –  london19 July 2012
Recently it has all changed and now it seems to be all pressure and few rewards
Fun place to work
Charging Policy Officer/Hostel Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Ilford11 July 2012
Totally enjoyed working with my co-workers, but Management structure needs definning I was very upset when my contract finished after 2 years.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
very little support from some managers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at London Borough of Redbridge. Our community is ready to answer.

London Borough of Redbridge Reviews by Location