London Borough of Hounslow Employee Reviews

Poor Management
Housing Officer (Current Employee) –  Hounslow15 September 2019
Too much politics and everyone not been carried along. No much training and jobs not well structured. Authoritative leadership and stress staff. Good place to live and highly diversify residents.
Fun place
Market Trader (Former Employee) –  City Centre4 September 2019
Working as a market trader, my role consisted of setting up the stall and making the stock presentable. I also had to be efficient in closing deals and had to have knowledge of all the stock I had to sell. Luring customers and being vocal was key to making sales. Adhering my manager allowed me to develop various skills such as building rapport with customers, providing exceptional service in order to acquire loyal customers.
Hardworking, new challenges, everyday is different
Business Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Hounslow29 December 2018
Working in a team everyday is different, you will be on phone duty morning or afternoon, every morning you need to print out the site inspections.The management look after the staff.The hardest part is when someone rings and the building surveyor is out on inspections and will hopefully ring the customer back when he returns from his inspections. The enjoyable part working at this job is that you have been given a laptop and you can work from home once and week. The place is nice and friendly and you can make friends easily
Pros
The company has a canteen and Wednesday is fish day, Friday is fish & chips day, the canteen also has a library attached to it, Transport bus and tube are five minutes away and the high street is a 10 minute walk
Cons
You have to be disciplined to do your normal hours or you can stay over your time.
Good place to work lots of benefits.
Consultant Practitioner (Former Employee) –  London UK26 December 2018
Enjoyed working as a CP. Acquired lots of knowledge & experience. Was part of a great team with supportive management. Good partnership working. Good reflection in/on action. Key yo best outcome for service user.
Pros
Able to grow by moving jobs and departments
Cons
Can't think of anything.
Good team to work with
Mini bus driver (Former Employee) –  Hounslow5 November 2018
An early start, middle of the day free and a short afternoon shift.
The management were all friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job was the responsibility for several young adults, often in wheelchairs but that was also the most enjoyable part of the job
Pros
Much of the day free
Cons
0 hours contract
Very good to work for!
Specialist Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hounslow3 September 2018
An excellent company providing staff with excellent rates of pay and many opportunities to grow and expand on your knowledge and career. Very friendly and supportive team.
Productive workplace
Contracts Officer (Former Employee) –  Hounslow11 April 2018
Working for London Borough of Hounslow was an enjoyable time as my career progressed at an upward trend. I learned many skills and gained extensive experience of working in the public sector. The best part was the training and development programme that was afforded to all to build on and improve the skills in the work place. I also enjoyed working closely with colleagues in the neighbouring as well as inner london boroughs and developed good working relationships with staff in those authorities. The workplace culture was excellent as there was always encouragement to grow and improve one's skills and knowledge. The hardest part of the job was when we had to be TUPE transferred to a private contractor and therefore lost out on the Council's flexible working policy. I enjoyed the variety of the workload and the challenges it brought to my role.
Review
Project Officer (Current Employee) –  Hounslow1 March 2018
The civic centre is a great place to work at. I have been working here since 2015 and have enjoyed all the time spent at work.

The workplace is well managed and all employees are well taken care of.
Flexible working environment
Strategic Finance Manager - Closing and Technical (Current Employee) –  Hounslow23 February 2018
Flexible working arrangements are really good, some communication issues and knowledge gap issues arising from restructuring and difficulty in recruiting to posts in some areas
Long term work benefits.
Projects Officer (Former Employee) –  Hounslow11 January 2018
Great place to start career as well as obvious effects of feeling of helping the community. You understand the work that Local Authorities do for residents.
Great children
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hounslow4 December 2017
Start at 8 30.
Children come into school. Find out about their previous night to make sure that they are not carrying any thing in their minds that will make their day in school not work.
Hardest part of the job was having to restrain children.
Most enjoyable was seeing them progress and if suitable return to a main stream environment.
Management some were ok others not so nice.
I learnt an awful lot working with the children and some of the other members of staff. To be able to read body language quicker. To see if an incident is going to happen and to try and stop it or if it has started stop it from getting too involved
Pros
Free lunch on lunch duty days
Cons
Not always being listened to by management
Great experience
Qualifield Social Work (Current Employee) –  Hounslow, Greater London26 October 2017
During these two years in Hounslow I must say that it has been incredible to share my personal and professional life in my team, I have learned a lot and I hope to continue doing it in another council.
Corporate and progressive
Specialist Housing Officer (Current Employee) –  Hounslow29 August 2017
LBH has restructured a number of times to adapt to fit the needs of its customers.
As such, there is no typical day, as the needs of the service demand that I adapt quickly to fill a need. Aside from correspondence management and taking the initiative in leading on several projects, I have the freedom to manage my workload and ensure that targets are successfully met.
I enjoy the challenge that learning new parts of an ever-changing role can bring, but also have learnt to balance being a team player with my own progression so that all benefit from what I have learnt to date.
Finance Officer (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London17 August 2017
Good work life balance, support and guidance from management.
Flexibility with working hours and leave. Clear room for progression.
Friendly staff and colleagues
Typical council to work for
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Hounslow, Greater London5 August 2017
My first time working for a council, so not sure if all of them are like this. I found the work/ life balance good and the money was ok but staff morale was very low in some of teams which did effect the atmosphere sometimes. Unlike the private sector I got the feeling that even though some people disliked their jobs, they never looked for a new one and just stayed at the council for years. Each department is very different so I suppose it depends where you are working and who with.
flexible work place
ESOL Tutor (Current Employee) –  Various25 July 2017
I typically teach a class of adults which involves planning a specific programme of study to reflect the needs of each class/ level. I also need IT skills to ensure that each learner has an online individual learning plan.

The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting students from all over the world and facilitating a classroom atmosphere of mutual tolerance and respect for all nationalities.
Pros
Freedom to create my own programme and manage my own class on a daily basis
Cons
parking difficult in some venues
Local Authority
Business Support Officer (Current Employee) –  Hounslow, Greater London28 June 2017
The new team I've joined are very supportive and very happy they now have admin support after two months. Enjoy the work although very busy. Everyone works very hard and sensitive to the families they work with.
Pros
Public Sector, flexible working, work from home, cafe
Cons
Salary not good, no proper canteen
Fun work place, great supportive team.
London After Care Personal Advisor (Former Employee) –  London Borough of Hounslow, UK15 June 2017
Committed team with on-going training and advancement in your career development. Managers supportive and encouraging. Fast paced and varied with autonomy in your work. Acknowledgement for your work. High level of service provided to the young persons and families.
Pros
Great team environment, autonomy in your work
Fun school with lovely people
Teaching Assistant (Work Experience) (Former Employee) –  London25 April 2017
Lovely school layout
lovely staff and children
very relaxed atmosphere
comfortable in the workplace
helpful when required
very accommodating
very fun and enjoyable
Pros
having fun at work
Cons
far away from home
Lbh
Customer Service Officer (Current Employee) –  Hounslow, Greater London18 March 2017
working as a customer service officer for LBH was a good experience with a team that gelled brilliantly. sadly the customer service department had been reducing steadily so opportunity for progression was limited. the best and worst part of the job would have to be the public who without doubt can be the most rewarding especially then you are able to truly help though when dealing with peoples stability it can lead to having to keep calm in the face of abuse. in my opinion the good outweighed the bad in this and that was the driving force behind me staying other than the staff that welcomed me like family.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at London Borough of Hounslow. Our community is ready to answer.

London Borough of Hounslow Reviews by Location