London Borough of Hillingdon Employee Reviews

really good
Poll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Northwood, Greater London27 October 2019
spend a day at a polling station, very fulfilling, enjoyed working here, nice people, good pay, management was nice, will be doing it again in the future
Very Good in all areas
Compliance Officer (Former Employee) –  Civic Centre Uxbridge2 September 2019
Very good employer in all areas as this survey has indicated.enjoyed working here allowed to complete work with trust by my manager any concerns were dealt with speedily happy working environment
Fun workplace
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  London21 August 2019
I was able to utilise and combine my creative flare with my administration and sales experience. I would ideally love to work in another Library or a school
Pros
Diverse
Cons
Late nights and weekends
Good company
Project delivery lead (Current Employee) –  Ict13 August 2019
Has good benefits and trade unions are recognised
Have been here for nearly 24 years
Close to local transport connections is a forward thinking company
Productive and fun place to work, every day is different!
Residential support Worker (Former Employee) –  Hillingdon, Greater London17 July 2019
Nice staff, nice management, lovely residents .
Every day is different and you will have a lots of trainings helping you doing your job!
Pros
Free lunches, easy job to do if you are empathic.
Cons
Nothing wrong
Did not like the job
Refuge Loader (Former Employee) –  Hillingdon20 February 2019
Not good job horrible people to work with they make you run the round an to each pile of rubbish an then chunk it on the lorry an it absolutely stinks makes you feel sick.
Pros
Early finish
Cons
Working in the rain
Great
Senior Lead Behaviour and Safety // Hayes, Hayes (Current Employee) –  Hillingdon4 September 2018
Great employer good support. listen to opinions and respect all workforce, Diversity throughout. Enjoyable to work for and longevity ensured. There when you need them
Excellent terms of work
Team Leader and Health and Safety Manager (Current Employee) –  London26 July 2018
So proud of Hillingdon, excellent management of human and material resources, very diversified work environment, where employees are accorded respect.
Pros
free parking
Cons
full time work contract
This was a political position
Local Government Councillor (Former Employee) –  Hillingdon20 July 2018
If you can tolerate and work with politicians in order to do some good then this is the job for you. Your responsibility is to help the electorate in your ward with a variety of problems from anti social behaviour to planning applications.
Pros
Knowing that you have helped make life a little better for people
Cons
Working with politicians.
Working for LBH
Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Hillingdon4 July 2018
I worked for the borough for a number of years. I found my job had the variety that kept me interested. The days were never the same and always kept me alert and on my toes. It was a busy and stimulating environment. I enjoyed the client group and had developed a good rapport.
I began to like my job less and less towards the end- I saw a number of day services close. My travel to and from work was very time consuming and I used public transport as I don't have a drivers licence.

Pros
interesting days out
Cons
the time used to travel to and from work
Lovely place to work
Senior Youth Worker (Former Employee) –  Hillingdon4 June 2018
Again, there have been many changes to this work place - this is due to governmental funding - and therefore feel that 10 years after working for this place it wouldn't be right for me to say anything about the organisation.

However, when I did work at the organisation, I loved working there because I had been there for a period of time and also loved the social atmosphere of the staff and young people.
Friendly work space
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shrivenham, Oxfordshire14 March 2018
the staff members were all friendly and supportive. Sadly the charity has been closed now. it was loved by all the local families and were respected by the whole of the village.
Great job great benefits
Drainage Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hayes26 February 2018
Was at this job for a while it was a shame to leave as I was made redundant
I enjoyed working there had a great team Nice management... I done drainage here.
Pros
EArly finish at 3pm
Cons
Very early start in winter
Stressful place to work
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Middlesex9 February 2018
Cost work tickets from repairs officers. Input figures
. Answer telephone queries. Cover other colleagues with their workload when they were on leave.
Pros
Office was near home
Cons
Manager was a bully
Senior Scheme Manager (Secondment) (Former Employee) –  Middlesex9 February 2018
As a senior scheme manager to 22 other scheme managers my working day was extremely varied. I supported the scheme managers and also the residents of 34 at my own scheme.
We had new management put into place who had no consumtion on sheltered housing so therefore it was left to myself to manage all the schemes.
My colleagues were the most enjoyable part of the job as they were also supportive to me.
Pros
Gaining more experience
Cons
Not enough management support
Hard working
Older persons housing officer (Former Employee) –  Hillingdon, Greater London17 January 2018
working in a call centre Answering emergency calls from our care line users. Dealing with police, ambulance and fire service..........................
It's about the money
Ict (Former Employee) –  Civic15 December 2017
Destroyed ICT by letting most of skilled and experienced staff go in restructure. Staff and stakeholders were not consulted about proposed changes only after it was decided. Current staff still asking people who have left how to do things. Hillingdon have now proposed to scrap sick pay, special leave and travel expenses. No job security reduced pension no Flexi time poorly managed from the top. Why would you !!!
Pros
Can't actually think of any
Cons
Everything you get in private sector you don't get here
Not In Good Shape
IT (Current Employee) –  Uxbridge, Greater London24 October 2017
Owing to a terrible restructure not suitable for an ICT department, skillsets have gone and nobody is sure how to acheive the aims of the restructure, as nobody seems to know what they are!
brilliant management and complex cases
Senior Social Care Worker (Former Employee) –  civic centre uxbridge high street10 October 2017
- extremely busy pace
- complex cases
-attending panel
- working with finance teams and legal team to develop personalised care plans
- being supported in professional judgements
One of the worst places I have worked
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Uxbridge5 October 2017
The staff were very hostile and although I worked on a part-time basis was regularly expected to work longer hours and put the company before picking child up from nursery. Good work was very rarely recognised. Unfriendly atmosphere.