London Borough of Hillingdon

London Borough of Hillingdon Employee Reviews

United Kingdom70 reviews
Supportive with lots of opportunities for training to develop you further.
Supervisions and staff meetings

Management and line managers work closely together
Pros
No uniform
Cons
No felixble working hours
It is a privilege to work for LBH. With many benefits it is an appealing place to work.

As with anywhere there are challenges ahead but that's what made the experience thoroughly enjoyable.

Highly recommend working for LBH.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
Challenging at times
There is a long established bullying culture at LBH. From my experience, any concerns about health & safety from individuals ( without support from your peers) is swiftly closed down by your manager. Your made to look like a troublemaker and not a team player.
Career progression and promotion is hard to get, if you don't tow the mangers line.
The team I was in had a poor culture where one senior colleague controlled 1 manager and their decisions! This colleague would sabotage work and set you up to fail. really difficult to work with and used to scream and shout and bang his desk, his line manager who was sat next to him, ignored his behaviour! He had very poor relationships with other
internal teams & no one respected our team due to his behaviour.
Fantastic close knit team, ready to welcome new ideas and thoroughly supportive. I am openly encouraged to take further training which is paid for by LBH. Very caring about wellbeing of employees.
The morning was looking at the support desk and then into meetings, being council get ready for a lot of meetings and PoCs before making decisions. The best thing with LBH is annual holiday and pension.
spend a day at a polling station, very fulfilling, enjoyed working here, nice people, good pay, management was nice, will be doing it again in the future
Very good employer in all areas as this survey has indicated.enjoyed working here allowed to complete work with trust by my manager any concerns were dealt with speedily happy working environment
I was able to utilise and combine my creative flare with my administration and sales experience. I would ideally love to work in another Library or a school
Pros
Diverse
Cons
Late nights and weekends
Has good benefits and trade unions are recognised
Have been here for nearly 24 years

Close to local transport connections is a forward thinking company
Nice staff, nice management, lovely residents .
Every day is different and you will have a lots of trainings helping you doing your job!
Pros
Free lunches, easy job to do if you are empathic.
Cons
Nothing wrong
Not good job horrible people to work with they make you run the round an to each pile of rubbish an then chunk it on the lorry an it absolutely stinks makes you feel sick.
Pros
Early finish
Cons
Working in the rain
I would meet with my mentor on a day to day basis, we would then receive our job(s) for the day. Either we would be on emergencys which would include locating and fixing leaks, which could be very challenging especially if it is in a mainspipe under the flooring. If we are not on emergenceys we would be on "booked out" jobs. This could include fitting a bath, wash hand basic, toilet, sink or cold water storage tank in a loft. A lot of the job included talking to the residents to explain what was being carried out giving them the best satisfaction.
Pros
Something different everyday, a lot of communication needed.
Cons
Dirty at times.
Great employer good support. listen to opinions and respect all workforce, Diversity throughout. Enjoyable to work for and longevity ensured. There when you need them
So proud of Hillingdon, excellent management of human and material resources, very diversified work environment, where employees are accorded respect.
Pros
free parking
Cons
full time work contract
If you can tolerate and work with politicians in order to do some good then this is the job for you. Your responsibility is to help the electorate in your ward with a variety of problems from anti social behaviour to planning applications.
Pros
Knowing that you have helped make life a little better for people
Cons
Working with politicians.
I worked for the borough for a number of years. I found my job had the variety that kept me interested. The days were never the same and always kept me alert and on my toes. It was a busy and stimulating environment. I enjoyed the client group and had developed a good rapport.
I began to like my job less and less towards the end- I saw a number of day services close. My travel to and from work was very time consuming and I used public transport as I don't have a drivers licence.

Pros
interesting days out
Cons
the time used to travel to and from work
Again, there have been many changes to this work place - this is due to governmental funding - and therefore feel that 10 years after working for this place it wouldn't be right for me to say anything about the organisation.

However, when I did work at the organisation, I loved working there because I had been there for a period of time and also loved the social atmosphere of the staff and young people.
the staff members were all friendly and supportive. Sadly the charity has been closed now. it was loved by all the local families and were respected by the whole of the village.
Was at this job for a while it was a shame to leave as I was made redundant
I enjoyed working there had a great team Nice management... I done drainage here.
Pros
EArly finish at 3pm
Cons
Very early start in winter
Cost work tickets from repairs officers. Input figures
. Answer telephone queries. Cover other colleagues with their workload when they were on leave.
Pros
Office was near home
Cons
Manager was a bully
Ask a question about working or interviewing at London Borough of Hillingdon. Our community is ready to answer.
London Borough of Hillingdon Reviews by Location