London Borough of Camden Management reviews

Awesome
Sr. IT Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  London23 April 2018
To start with, the most amazing part of this company is it does not let you feel like you are a employee. It feels like a family. Work is good and great seniors to guide. You feel you are in safe hands.
Management: Starting with the million dollar smile HR, she is an amazing person. Not sure how she manages to make sure each of us are being noticed, acknowledged, appreciated. Best HR i have ever worked …
Nice office
Land Surveyor and Planning Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greater London20 March 2018
I work in and outside the office, learnt MAPinfo and decent management. I worked around my degree so very flexible. Hardest part of the job was the flexibility and most enjoyable at the same time was the flexibility
Good working environment
Business Support Officer (Current Employee) –  King's Cross St. Pancras Station26 October 2017
Typical day at the office no two days are ever the same.
I have learned to work well with others as part of a team.
Management are helpful as well as understanding, and work well with you to achieve your goals individually, as well as corporately.
Most enjoyable part of the job is doing different things on a daily basis.
Pros
Agile Working
Cons
Limited variety of places to go for Lunch
administrator
Administrative Officer (Former Employee) –  Camden, Greater London15 June 2017
worked in construction within Camden council the builders are rude, sexist and racist and management either participate or totally ignore it. management need to take control and manage all staff and not just the ones that they are friends and comfortable with be able to work, communciater on all levels with persons of differenct race.
Pros
experience gained within construction
Cons
staff cultrao
Fun workplace
Business Support Officer (Current Employee) –  King's Cross, Greater London19 April 2017
Agile workplace, always greeted by many happy staff members. High in security. Perfect management layout and rules. Lovely clean building with a small canteen.
PA/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London22 February 2017
Working with a great bunch of people
Learned many different areas of administration
Management were lovely
Great workplace culture
The hardest part of the job was leaving
Every aspect of my role was great
Pros
Working for a great team
Cons
No Cons
Fun workplace
Account Assistant (Former Employee) –  London12 April 2016
.I can sincerely say that I enjoyed my job. It was not too challenging because what I did was processed invoices for payment. I learned how to use two new payment systems called CEDAR and ROCC. Management was friendly, and I got on well with them, as well as my co-workers. There wasn’t anything that was too hard or challenging, and I would say that what I liked most was when the supplier did not call. If a supplier called it usually meant that the job was not done correctly, and I had to chase up a payment. Sometimes I had to find out why a bill wasn’t paid, and at other times some invoices came without a purchase order number.
Review of current workplace
Operations SpecialistCamde (Current Employee) –  London, ENG16 January 2016
There is no typical day at Camden each and everyday can be very different just like most jobs I suppose, but having said that its always an enjoyable day.

Prior to joining Camden I worked in the private sector and changing from private to public sector is quite different in almost everyway. neither a negative or positivity, but different nonetheless. Due to the differences I have learnt how the different sectors operate and yet able to complete their objectives.

I enjoy working at Camden and it can be very enjoyable as well as flexible and agile in how and where we work.

Management, are easy to approach as well putting across your ideas and suggestions and usually depending on how feasible will let you execute your ideas/ suggestions once you put a business plan together.

Co-workers, everyone is different but very easy to get along with. At Camden we work in a very agile way so sometime you may not see all your colleagues depending on where you or they may be working on any given day.

The hardest part of working at Camden is the government spending cuts due to the cuts almost every year there is a restructure so there is a big risk of you being made redundant.

What I enjoy the most, it's like a little family working at Camden everyone put their efforts in trying to make it easy on one another by trying to do more than their fair share and with everyone being likeminded it ultimately brings us closer together.
Pros
Being flexible and agile in everyday work.
Good Work/Life balance
Application Packager (Current Employee) –  London, ENG28 November 2014
Good Work/Life balance.

Very Agile and Mobile

Good management Structure.

New technologies and Digital
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Pressurised fast paced environment
Residential Commissioner (Former Employee) –  Camden, ENG12 April 2014
During my time art Camden I performed a number of different roles. I have been a care broker, community based commissioner and a residential commissioner. Having also spent time in an agency I have experience in purchasing and delivering packages of care in both the community and residential settings.

During my time as a residential commissioner I was responsible for a number of social work teams including elderly and learning disabilities. Typically I would have a case-load of about 25 clients to be placed, plus 10 ongoing complaints to be monitored. The day would be spent on the phone liaising with social workers, care homes and client families about placements or complaints. I would also have to review care homes to ensure compliance and then write or present reports to care management.

The hardest part of the job was having to marry speed with efficiency, it is important to get things moving forward, but this must not be at the cost of quality.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the fast paced pressurised environment, the satisfaction and sense of reward you get from a job well done
i enjoyed my time in human resources management
administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  London, ENG7 March 2014
huaman resourrces management skills teamwork equal opportunities skills health and safety skills.
Pros
learning latest culture
Good environment to work
Project Support Officer (Former Employee) –  London, ENG9 January 2014
- Supported the Regeneration team to achieve their objectives & ensured that Projects are completed to budget, on time & specified quality standards. Acted as the primary liaison with consultants & project staff
- Chased/tracked progress against plan; political agenda/reviewed/monitored the project at regular intervals.
- Ensured that project plans using MS Project follow the recommended process & report Project status
- Updated & communicated project status to PMs. Configuration management and reporting
- Supported interviewing process and prepare project staff for in house training.
- Conducted regular reviews and appraisals to identify developmental needs & maximize potential through the utilization of in-house and external training providers.
- Tracked and monitored consultation /exhibitions. Liaised effectively with other departments and agencies
- Conducted questionnaire survey using SNAPS and complied analysis
etc
Good Customer focused Environment
Housing & PRS Support Officer/Housing Advisor (Former Employee) –  Camden, ENG21 June 2013
I worked for the London Borough of Camden for eight years; in housing and adult social care. I have a comprehensive knowledge of homelessness, the housing act, local housing allowance, fair rents, procurement, home-swap, allocation of council housing, the descent homes strategy, voids management, risk management, housing support, anti-social behaviour, repairs-reporting and management of repairs, health and safety in a local authority context, training staff and setting up training sessions. I was also tasked with setting up and developing a service user groups for Camden Council Hostel residents, this was a monthly forum for clients to have they say. As part of the Enhanced Housing Options my Operations Manager and I trained Service Users to delivery their own residential meetings, we also gave them an allocated budget to buy essential items for their monthly meetings, the local MPs and councillors were invited to these meetings, to conduct a mini-surgery, these meetings would help residence to build capacity, raise aspirations and independence, they were also used to highlight any residential issues and a way of getting families and residence to know each other and to build safer communities. I would make sure that all cultural and social needs were met, for example; I organised a quarterly road show in Camden to reach clients who were either disabled or who could not attend the residential monthly meetings. Clients were encouraged to complain if they were not satisfied with the service. By using this model it is a very useful tool when training staff on how to focus on customers,  more... making sure that we are honest about our approach to customer service, transparent about our delivery and we are completely committed on customer care, at the same time promoting and setting corporate and professional standards. I also worked very closely with private landlords and estate agents and other stakeholders, for example; the charity and voluntary sector with reference to allocating homes to vulnerable clients in the region to ensure that clients are given the right support in their housing association accommodation or private sector tenancies. Key to this strategy is partnership working and keeping to our local area agreement. I also lead a regular forum within the council town hall were landlords could partake in out-of-hours discussions this was to update them on any changes in housing options and housing strategy; these meetings were aimed at improving housing opportunities for tenants and to meet housing and cultural needs.

I conducted child protection case conferences, Multi Agency Public Protection Arrangement and Risk Assessments and Support Planning meetings. I have trained and supervised new and existing staff on the strategic methodology of work in the housing department; for example the housing allocation scheme and northgate housing management and repair system. I have worked closely with the operations team to audit cases on a monthly basis, extracting data from Microsoft Access database and the Council intranet information systems for the Core Service targets and outcomes. I was in charge of training up to forty new staff on a new micro-access database that was installed in all Camden hostels and housing options in 2009/10.

I have compiled quality assurance reports using excel, for the supporting people programme and the Audit Commission inspections; I also collated the summary of performance and achievements year on year for my service, identifying changes that can be made. This information would be used to shape the council’s housing strategy. I was the Lead Officer promoting the service to the Primary Care Trust, Sure Start, Mental Health Teams, Drug Services, keeping in line with the local area agreement, making sure that I reached all key external services that helped to support the clients in their properties.

I was the lead housing advice officer for the Camden Learning Disability Service, where I gave specialist housing advice, finding ways of housing clients with severe disability. This monthly consultation Improves opportunities and promotes independence for disabled residents. I also trained the staff in this service on up-dates in the Housing Allocation Scheme.

I am a member of the Howard League for Penal Reform and Prisoners Abroad where I work closely with other members to ensure that individuals who are released from prison are given the right support and information on release.

I served eight years in the British Army; undertaking operational & domestic duties at home and abroad.

I am an industrious individual who has a thirst for learning; I have had 6 days sick leave in eight years; I would be an asset to your organisation.

Pros
learning something new everyday
Cons
flexle working hours
Good place to work for most years.
Credit controller/Finance Officer (Former Employee) –  various sections and departments over the years.29 August 2012
I trained others.

Purchase and Sales ledgers. Credit control. Problem solving. Customer service. Dealing with cheques and cashiers. Monthly reports. Liaising with management. Liaising with suppliers regarding outstanding payments. Answering telephone, emailing and updating computerised databases.
Pros
pension, work life balance, experience gained.
Cons
travel to get there, too many reviews and changes in depts.