LONDON BOROUGH OF CAMDEN Employee Reviews

Dealing with training within the centre
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  crowndale6 July 2017
Working for the training centre in Camden is alway busy when you have to ensure that the correct customer goes to the correct training and that they have followed our policies when booking through us via our training website. I have to multitask in my job which means i may have to deal with high level meetings that require specific documents to be uploaded for the meeting, or it could be to do with an emergency evacuation of residents from a tower block as a result of the wrong cladding installed as a result of the blast to Grenfell tower. I enjoy it when the residents and customers express there graditude.
Pros
Apprecaition from internal and external customers
administrator
Administrative Officer (Former Employee) –  Camden, Greater London15 June 2017
worked in construction within Camden council the builders are rude, sexist and racist and management either participate or totally ignore it. management need to take control and manage all staff and not just the ones that they are friends and comfortable with be able to work, communciater on all levels with persons of differenct race.
Pros
experience gained within construction
Cons
staff cultrao
Flexible working
Training Support & Project Officer (Former Employee) –  Camden, UK12 May 2017
First point of contact, open training center, set up training rooms, supply training materials.

Liaise with trainers, sign delegates for training and direct them to where appropriate.

Book training courses and training rooms ensuring they are not over booked.

Very fast paced, being professional at all times
Pros
Professional outlook
Fun workplace
Business Support Officer (Current Employee) –  King's Cross, Greater London19 April 2017
Agile workplace, always greeted by many happy staff members. High in security. Perfect management layout and rules. Lovely clean building with a small canteen.
General
Support worker (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London6 March 2017
typical day work is full of activities in order to engage the service user's
making a difference in someone's life.
hardest part of the work is lack of communication between staff.
Pros
breaks
Cons
long hour shift
I loved working here
Engineer (Former Employee) –  London, UK27 February 2017
I enjoyed working here, the work was varied and interesting. The working environment was great and my colleagues were helpful and friendly. There was plenty of training provided and many opportunities to develop.
PA/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London22 February 2017
Working with a great bunch of people
Learned many different areas of administration
Management were lovely
Great workplace culture
The hardest part of the job was leaving
Every aspect of my role was great
Pros
Working for a great team
Cons
No Cons
Productive, fun and happy working environment
Allocations Officer (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London13 February 2017
I enjoyed my experience working at London Borough of Camden within the housing department. I developed many skills and have undertaken helpful training with transferable skills.
very productive
Assistant Chef (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London24 January 2017
my typical day at work start 9:30 in the morning i help with the chef with breakfast then go start to prepare lunch. i enjoy working in the kitchen the most enjoy able part the job is when the children come to thank me the Chef for a lovely meal
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
short hours
A great employer
Senior Administrative Officer (Former Employee) –  London8 November 2016
Great location, wonderful colleagues, interesting job tasks, career progression opportunities, good working conditions, friendly working environment, government pension scheme
Great place to work in my opinion
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  London6 September 2016
Great place to work in my opinion, there are always opportunities for progression and good work is always recognised and rewarded.
Great Organisation
Emergency Management Officer (Current Employee) –  London13 April 2016
I work with one of the best teams a person could wish for, with the role keeping developing and growing and utilising my skills to the fullest.

The company is very much staff welfare focused and encourages flexible working
Pros
Agile Working
Cons
Horrid Commute to work
Fun workplace
Account Assistant (Former Employee) –  London12 April 2016
.I can sincerely say that I enjoyed my job. It was not too challenging because what I did was processed invoices for payment. I learned how to use two new payment systems called CEDAR and ROCC. Management was friendly, and I got on well with them, as well as my co-workers. There wasn’t anything that was too hard or challenging, and I would say that what I liked most was when the supplier did not call. If a supplier called it usually meant that the job was not done correctly, and I had to chase up a payment. Sometimes I had to find out why a bill wasn’t paid, and at other times some invoices came without a purchase order number.
Review of current workplace
Operations SpecialistCamde (Current Employee) –  London, ENG16 January 2016
There is no typical day at Camden each and everyday can be very different just like most jobs I suppose, but having said that its always an enjoyable day.

Prior to joining Camden I worked in the private sector and changing from private to public sector is quite different in almost everyway. neither a negative or positivity, but different nonetheless. Due to the differences I have learnt how the different sectors operate and yet able to complete their objectives.

I enjoy working at Camden and it can be very enjoyable as well as flexible and agile in how and where we work.

Management, are easy to approach as well putting across your ideas and suggestions and usually depending on how feasible will let you execute your ideas/ suggestions once you put a business plan together.

Co-workers, everyone is different but very easy to get along with. At Camden we work in a very agile way so sometime you may not see all your colleagues depending on where you or they may be working on any given day.

The hardest part of working at Camden is the government spending cuts due to the cuts almost every year there is a restructure so there is a big risk of you being made redundant.

What I enjoy the most, it's like a little family working at Camden everyone put their efforts in trying to make it easy on one another by trying to do more than their fair share and with everyone being likeminded it ultimately brings us closer together.
Pros
Being flexible and agile in everyday work.
Good working environment.
Senior Security Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Camden, ENG3 November 2015
Good working environment. Camden is so friendly that daily work is a joy. Their culture of is to work as a big team and it is prevalent at all sectors and departments.
Pros
Good working environment.
Cons
a very interesting place to work
FM Team Leader (Current Employee) –  London8 October 2015
My workplace is full of different and interesting topics that not only help you to learn, but make you grow up professional and personally.
Pros
25 days holidays + 8 bank holidays
Good training and supervision
Student social worker (Current Employee) –  Camden, ENG18 July 2015
As a student social worker, i have learnt and gained lot of knowledge and skills to work with adult that has learning disability.
Pros
training opportunity
great work life balance
Service/Cluster Manager (Current Employee) –  King's Cross, ENG14 March 2015
Great place to work where managers are friendly and everyone has a can-do attitude. There are always opportunities to move up and take up secondments. The work culture is very professional and relaxed.
Good Work/Life balance
Application Packager (Current Employee) –  London, ENG28 November 2014
Good Work/Life balance.

Very Agile and Mobile

Good management Structure.

New technologies and Digital
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Good Workplace
Insurance Claims Officer (Current Employee) –  Camden, ENG24 October 2014
One of the best workplaces I've been at since starting my career.
I handle a varied caseload of claims and also deal with other areas such as FOI requests and Insurance Coverage.
The hardest part of the job is turning claims down when you know that the Claimant is going to struggle without your compensation/reimbursement specifically on Housing Matters.
The most enjoyable part is finding that you have saved the Authority money but still delivered an efficient and useful service to the people.
Pros
Work from home, laptop, satisfying role
Cons
Stressful, complaints, tight deadlines