London Borough of Camden Employee Reviews

Good company
Account management officer (Former Employee) –  Camden Town, Greater London4 January 2019
Best place I have ever worked, worked there for 15 years and they were a very flexible employer. I changed my role a few times and was able to study day release as I studied my accountancy.
Pros
Flexible employer
Security with a cost
Survey Assistant (Former Employee) –  London2 January 2019
I surveyed property within the borough, updating the land register. Supervised and collated information in regards to various surveys. Provided customer survey spreadsheets for analytical data interpretation. I learned to use new software packages, ie: PinPoint. I was an internal auditor reviewing internal procedures and documents to improve customer service.
Pros
Secure job for many years
Cons
Poor pay and liable to political change.
Productive and friendly environment
HEALTH IMPROVEMENT OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Camden27 July 2018
Camden is a great place to work. The Borough itself is dynamic and diverse and an exciting place to be based. The Council wants to best of the people of Camden and is fantastic in thinking ahead to ensure the welfare of residents. There is real passion to achieve that vision. The offices are open and airy, can get quite noisy but you can work from a private room if it gets too much. Management are diligent to ensure welfare of staff with frequent support sessions and opportunities to voice any concerns.
Cultural
Recycling Officer (Former Employee) –  Camden, Greater London12 June 2018
Working for a local council has giving me an opportunity to understand how cities develop in their own needs, the implementation of policies could be very positive or have a negative impact in the community, you need to be flexible within you and have the time to analized and change wht it needs to be change, of course this has to be with the community for the community.
You need to be able to learn and accept your mistakes, and have the ability to recieve and procees feedback in a posotive way, see your weakness and convert them into fortitudes, that is what I leart from working with the local council
Pros
Training
Awesome
Sr. IT Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  London23 April 2018
To start with, the most amazing part of this company is it does not let you feel like you are a employee. It feels like a family. Work is good and great seniors to guide. You feel you are in safe hands.
Management: Starting with the million dollar smile HR, she is an amazing person. Not sure how she manages to make sure each of us are being noticed, acknowledged, appreciated. Best HR i have ever worked …
Good place to work in the eGov era
Strategy Manager (Former Employee) –  King's Cross, Greater London23 April 2018
When i worked at LBC on the eGov agenda we had a huge programme of work to engage citizens to interact with us online which was great because we could see the efficiencies. But it got harder when the central government funding got cut.
Nice office
Land Surveyor and Planning Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greater London20 March 2018
I work in and outside the office, learnt MAPinfo and decent management. I worked around my degree so very flexible. Hardest part of the job was the flexibility and most enjoyable at the same time was the flexibility
Well paid job
Early Years Educator (Former Employee) –  Camden22 January 2018
The best part of the job was, like always, seeing the children grow, become independent and confident, and learn new things.

To be proffessional, I won't mention any more details about this job, if more information about it is required, I will be happy to talk about it.
Pros
Camden jobs are well paid.
Cons
No comment
Enjoyable
Customer Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Camden23 November 2017
Every day was different, never knew what kind of customer you would be facing.
Working environment was relaxed.
learned multiple softwares, and enhanced my customer service skills.
Pros
Job Life Balance
Cons
Job Security
Great place, great people.
CCTV Enforcement Officer (Former Employee) –  Camden21 November 2017
I loved working there. I need another 100 characters or so for 'indeed' to let me go and finally search for the job I came here to do not write reviews.
Camden Experience
Technical Support Office (Former Employee) –  Camden14 November 2017
I worked with Camden for almost a year and developed new skills to better positions in Street Light to then transfer to Hackney.

The atmosphere was professional and productive. The team were dedicated and achieved the council given goals.
Pros
Team players and learning new skills
Good working environment
Business Support Officer (Current Employee) –  King's Cross St. Pancras Station26 October 2017
Typical day at the office no two days are ever the same.
I have learned to work well with others as part of a team.
Management are helpful as well as understanding, and work well with you to achieve your goals individually, as well as corporately.
Most enjoyable part of the job is doing different things on a daily basis.
Pros
Agile Working
Cons
Limited variety of places to go for Lunch
typical day at work, its either busy or more busy
Senior Data Centre & Security Engineer (Current Employee) –  Camden12 October 2017
its a work place and public sector so definatley quite stressed
being a public sector, yes its very busy, rewult oriented and very professional.

Dealing with training within the centre
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  crowndale6 July 2017
Working for the training centre in Camden is alway busy when you have to ensure that the correct customer goes to the correct training and that they have followed our policies when booking through us via our training website. I have to multitask in my job which means i may have to deal with high level meetings that require specific documents to be uploaded for the meeting, or it could be to do with an emergency evacuation of residents from a tower block as a result of the wrong cladding installed as a result of the blast to Grenfell tower. I enjoy it when the residents and customers express there graditude.
Pros
Apprecaition from internal and external customers
administrator
Administrative Officer (Former Employee) –  Camden, Greater London15 June 2017
worked in construction within Camden council the builders are rude, sexist and racist and management either participate or totally ignore it. management need to take control and manage all staff and not just the ones that they are friends and comfortable with be able to work, communciater on all levels with persons of differenct race.
Pros
experience gained within construction
Cons
staff cultrao
Great projects and work/life balance
Senior Engineer (Current Employee) –  London, UK31 May 2017
Incredible projects, good culture (flexible/agile working and wfh benefits), enjoyed working there. Very political, difficult to get projects on the ground.
Flexible working
Training Support & Project Officer (Former Employee) –  Camden, UK12 May 2017
First point of contact, open training center, set up training rooms, supply training materials.

Liaise with trainers, sign delegates for training and direct them to where appropriate.

Book training courses and training rooms ensuring they are not over booked.

Very fast paced, being professional at all times
Pros
Professional outlook
Fun workplace
Business Support Officer (Current Employee) –  King's Cross, Greater London19 April 2017
Agile workplace, always greeted by many happy staff members. High in security. Perfect management layout and rules. Lovely clean building with a small canteen.
General
Support worker (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London6 March 2017
typical day work is full of activities in order to engage the service user's
making a difference in someone's life.
hardest part of the work is lack of communication between staff.
Pros
breaks
Cons
long hour shift
I loved working here
Engineer (Former Employee) –  London, UK27 February 2017
I enjoyed working here, the work was varied and interesting. The working environment was great and my colleagues were helpful and friendly. There was plenty of training provided and many opportunities to develop.