London Borough of Barking and Dagenham Employee Reviews

Good
Planner/ Business Improvement Officer (Temp) (Current Employee) –  Barking & Dagenham, UK14 December 2018
Good company to work for however, no chance of taking temp contract to permanent. Overworked and not much gratitude.

However, staff work their hardest to look after tnts.
Lbbd
Access Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dagenham23 October 2018
It has changed considerably over the last few years. Five years ago I would have given five stars for each category. It used to be an environment where people had worked there from school and stayed until retirement. It was a jobs for life culture where everybody knew you and they truly cared. It is still a good place to work but has lost/sold its soul somewhat.
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Barking and Dagenham, Greater London4 September 2018
Good place to work have really embraced change and modernisation over the last 5 years. Good work life balance. Depending on the department you work within you may find communication and workload cards.
Pros
Good work life balance, ability to work remotely
Cons
Poor communication between departments, corporate strategies are not always clear
On The go
Referall co ordinator (Former Employee) –  Dagenham, Greater London1 August 2018
Co-ordinating the Adult Care Team – Implementing adult social care policies for people in the community.
Working in partnership with Social Workers as the primary point of contact with the public.
Organising Care packages, assess the cases with the social workers and provide ongoing policy on private hire for home help and house work of the Adult disabled.
Implementing Safeguarding policies and procedures and log all alerts and pass to relevant teams to investigate.
Co-ordinating the handovers with various departments such as The Police, The Community Mental Health Team, Community matrons and nurses, care agencies, drugs and alcohol abuse team and local hospitals and General Practitioners.
Constant call from public
Pros
Helping the public
Cons
Long Hours
Awful place to work
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Barking and Dagenham, Greater London24 July 2018
Management are very unprofessional and there is a lot of politics and gossip in this place.

There is a huge high turnover within the social care sector.
Pros
Decent salary, bonus and good location.
Cons
No work like balance, poor management.
Team focused
Business Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Dagenham23 April 2018
Collaborative work environment and community focused business which strives to meet all clients requirements based on enabling staff to self-support..
productive and collaborative work culture
Guitar and Music Teacher (Former Employee) –  Dagenham11 April 2018
- teaching guitsr and leading ensembles to classes in several schools in the local area.
- i learned how to plan and deliver lessons to whole classes, write reports on student progress and continual self evaluation
- very good managment, supportive and caring, whilst fostering a productive and collaborative work culture
- travelling to work, and inbetween schools, as transport network in the area is really bad
- doing end of year concerts for the whole school and parents , where the pupils taught perform
Good company in general
Cleaning charge-hand, and mobile support cleaner (Former Employee) –  Barking and Dagenham27 January 2018
Enjoyed working for the company, even went back to them after a 3 year absence when I worked for another company. Unfortunately, due to government cutbacks I was made redundant.
Great Work Place
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Dagenham, Greater London29 September 2017
Loved every minute of working here as well as the team are brilliant. Its a happy environment as well as everyone gets along. We all take our job roles seriously and we help one another out
Productive, community based and friendly environment
Library Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dagenham18 August 2017
Working with the council was exciting, most especially in the library and learning services department. All in all, it's a great Borough to work for. A little disheartening with cuts being made so job security in some departments is uncertain.
Pros
staff discount with certain scheme
Cons
job security is not certain
Stressful and hard place to work but always enjoy working with the colleagues
Housing Manager (Current Employee) –  Barking and Dagenham, Greater London9 August 2017
Long days but when working with people no day is the same as every person is unique. Have management support and guidance if required.
Always having to think on your feet and have to be adaptable to change your priorities of your work load
Pros
Flexiable approach to working
Young Person's Advisor
Young Persons Adviser (Current Employee) –  Baeking27 June 2017
I can access the available resources directly when required to support young children. supporting Young people getting back to education or getting employed is the most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
Access to resources available
Cons
Working under pressure
A very vibrant and focussed work environment
Performance Officer (Former Employee) –  Town Hall2 June 2017
A typical day at work involves checking and pioritising mails and meetings for the day. Listening to voice messages to establish urgnent cases.
Getting the different reports ready for the meetings, printing, collating and holding pre-meetings to establish the concensus at meetings.

I learnt how to compile source data for reports for the different management groups and the presentation of these reports. I learnt a lot about the Government statistical reports required periodically, quarterly and annually and why the reports are essential.

The culture is quite vibrant and busy at the same time.

The hardest part of the job can be seen to be a learning curve which is understanding the different levels of reporting required and the means of data gathering.

Presentation at the meetings and how the result of these reports is weaved into policy making for the next financial yeatr.
Pros
Flexible working (working from home)
Cons
Tight deadlines on reporting
productive and fun
overpayments court and revenues officer (Former Employee) –  Roycroft1 June 2017
excellent working from home opportunities
can develop your own working methodologies
hard work and self organisation promoted
excellent use of technology
promote contact with other boroughs and organisations
allow for relationships with customers and stakeholders
excellent stats for performance rating
excellent staff communication and benefits
flexible working opportunities
work to clear objectives
overtime opportunities
Pros
technology and working from home
Cons
heavy workloads
Eye opening experience
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Barking and Dagenham, Greater London20 March 2017
Working in different schools everyday /week was really fun. Meeting different staff and child with all different abilities. Healthy eating is very good for children and they promote it well
Pros
Short hours
Cons
Bang in the middle of the day
Loved working here
Mid day assistant (Former Employee) –  Barking15 January 2017
Worked here for a few months before I had my kids now looking for school hours work 16+ hours
Really enjoyed being part of a team for lunch time hours at the school
Pros
Lunch time hours
Cons
Not long enough hours
Productive place to work
Locum Social Worker (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London11 January 2017
Supportive colleagues and management. Colleagues willing to help and management supportive every step of the way. Hardest part is budget cuts which restrict support you can give service users.
fun
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Barking10 January 2017
It was only work experience but let me learn a lot about admin duties. The staff was very helpful and didn't get frustrated with me when I didn't know something.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Lovely place and lovely people
Revenues and Benefits Customer Services Officer (Former Employee) –  Dagenham, Greater London3 December 2016
Lovely place to work at..I enjoyed my 8 years, I.left due to restructuring

I don't have any negatives? I was allowed to grow
Pros
Nice managers
Cons
Awful car park
A great place to work
Hospitality Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Dagenham6 October 2016
No day was the same, have to deal with political issues but in general all nice people and members of council. I would work for them again as most of my time there I enjoyed.
Pros
Local
Cons
Got made Redundant

Ask a question about working or interviewing at London Borough of Barking and Dagenham. Our community is ready to answer.

London Borough of Barking and Dagenham Reviews by Location