Londis

Londis Pay & Benefits reviews

Good
Working with londus was only my first job amd was just to get a but off money. If you are looking for a part time job then londus is a good place to go.
fun, staff were like family and some customers
I will certainly miss working for Londis as the hours were so perfect for me and the salary was great but unfortunately it is closing down so losing this job is a blow but gives me a chance to work with ne people, everything happens for a reason
Ideal as a stop gap whilst looking for alternative employment
A typical day at Londis would consist of general shop duties and preparing of the hot food and bakery items. The work life balance was biased towards work as the hours were 6am-2pm and it was expected by management to undertake extra work outside of these shifts without any form of thank you. Although good for the role the salary was low for the amount that was expected outside of the job description. The management was rarely there for more than a few hours so a lot of pressure to make important decisions regarding declined cards etc. were left to the customer assistants. The co-workers were fun and in my opinion the best part of the job. The job security is vague as it is done on a zero hour contract so one week you may have 48 hours and the next 16 or none. For a student or someone still living at home this would be an ideal job, however, for myself it was a challenge financially.
Cons
unreliable hours, week management
Friendly Atmosphere. Great place to work.
This was my first job and I was 15 so I was just happy to have a job. I was paid minimum wage but it was weekly cash in hand. My day would involve me refilling cereal, tea and coffee, sugars and then a quick coffee break. After break me and a colleague would clean the break room and toilets. I'd then refill the toilet roll and kitchen towel and soft drinks. After my shift was finished I'd go home.
Pros
First job. Pretty easy, Weekly pay
Cons
Awful salary. Only one day a week
?
I didn't work here long enough to be able to review - satisfactory as one of my first jobs
easy workplace
I was working as a past time teller in Londis Ltd. It was not very bad, but the main problems were: it was very cold because the doors were opened all the time even in winter time. Moreover my salary was below minimum wage. However I made few friends there and I enjoyed talking with customers every day.
Pros
easy job
Cons
it was very cold inside the shop
first job
basic rate pay, no incentive to stay. I left here to go to uni, would never go back.
Didnt work there that long
It was only a short length that I worked ther as they got there on staff it was more family run the employ staff
Pros
was in town
Cons
long hours horrible staff