Londis

Londis Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

Sales Assistant68 reviews
United Kingdom68 reviews
this job role was very interesting with great atmosphere and team effort. i really enjoyed my experience working here with great people, it also built a large amount of my confidence with new people.
I worked ridiculous hours for awful pay. The older members of staff were rude. I got a 20 minute break for a 7 hour shift where I was on my feet the whole time. Sometimes my break was only 15 minutes long because it was so busy. Because I worked morning shifts I was dealing with deliveries so my hands were alway being cut from the boxes as I wasn’t given anything to open them with
Pros
Cons
Poor pay rude staff no break
Gave a lot of new experience with good colleagues and customers. The most enjoyable part of the job is cash handling which requires our full attention and concentration.
I enjoyed the review, giving good feed back, I enjoyed my time at londis and would go back and work for them, good company to work for, 100% good comp
Pros
Wages
Cons
Late shifts
Boring, underpaid. Rude boss, no job security and not very ethical employer, always check dates when buying from here. For your own sake I’d recommend avoiding.
A small family owned business. Expects staff do do 10-14 hour shifts ALONE (as in only person in the building). No lunch breaks or any breaks for that matter. Minimum wage. Absolutely clueless managers.
no one day is the same at Londis. There is always something to do and never really gets boring. I learnt a lot about dealing with customers and was able to really develop my teamwork skills.
I usually worked serving customers, with some shifts replenishing the shelves. I learned how to communicate with other colleagues and customers appropriately, but also how to use my initiative under pressure. The management and culture were satisfactory. The hardest part of the job was the hours I worked there, which had to fit around my studies. I loved the people - you get to know the colleagues and locals really well and it becomes a fun environment when you can have a laugh.
Pros
The odd free coffee or pastry
Cons
Unpredictability over how busy your shift would be
handling goods, stocking noting down what needs to be ordered
management skills, communication skills

well managements, family run

warm and high spirited work culture

peak hours work

relaxed nature of the work no pressure from management
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Londis?
As this was a part time job when I was on summer break, it was very enjoyable, gaining experience at a very young age which has stuck to me till today.
The job roles were very similar and each part of the job was very simple and straight forward to learn. Ability to run the shop yourself and no need for assistance.
Pros
hours
Cons
pay
It's an ok job short term if you're young. No real progression opportunities, very high staff turnover. Customers can be truly horrible and really upset you. There a lot of processes that need to be improved. Sometimes there is no support when you need it. Poor pay for what you have to deal with and the huge amount there is to learn. Hours are long with zero flexibility. Gets very busy at times and can be very stressful. There is a bonus scheme but they make it very difficult to achieve anything decent. Most people do not like it there and are looking for something else! Hard work, little reward or appreciation for good work, all they care about is the companys stats. On the plus side, it is a pretty casual and chilled out office, bright and colourful and you do have a laugh with the people you work with (you have to otherwise you won't last). Most people who work here are lovely but a lot needs to change. Would not recommend to be absolutely honest.
Pros
ok pay
Cons
boring
shift consisted of serving, cleaning, restocking etc. was able to take on more shifts when needed and was able to get most holidays asked for as not a lot of staff
Londis is a very busy and outgoing place we have lots of locals come in on a very daily basis, we like to communicate and help out as much as possible with the customers in getting there shopping and essentials. guide them to what there looking for to complete there shop
Pros
good communication
Cons
gets very busy very easily
The best place to work due to the fantastic management which supports its staff and the local community.Friendly,fun,a pleasure to go to work.Great atmosphere translates to customers,a very special place.
Pros
Fun friendly atmosphere
Cons
Absolutely none
Working in this company was a good experience. They treated you well and tried to accommodate for you as much as possible. I would have no problem working here again.
Working at Londis has proven to be difficult, I have worked harder than I feel I get rewarded for however, it can be an enjoyable experience to meet new people, although it can also be an experience better forgotten. i believe all retail stores to be similar to this, but Londis especially.

Yet the weekly pay means a poor hourly pay can be adjusted into becoming a manageable income.
Pros
Weekly pay.
Cons
Poor hourly pay.
I worked for Londis during my second year at university, however the management was also my landlord. Whilst this can be seen as a benefit, this caused problems between myself and my boss. Aside from the former issues, the two key negatives concerning my time at the establishment was inconsistent and somewhat unfair hours that meant I was working 6 nights a week across less than 20hrs of work. I find this was the fault of the boss and not the Londis franchise as a whole.
Pros
Cons
everything
Londis convenience store is a great place to work at. i learnt how to handle cash, replenish stock, create stock level adjustment documents and much more.This is more than just a store.
I learned how to work on tills, speak to customers properly, help others in need and learn how to do sell by dates. The hardest part of my job was trying to learn the tills, and the most enjoyable thing was cleaning the floors and making sure everything was clean.
Pros
Cleaning
Cons
Short hours
It was a positive experience at Londis when I had work, it was also a productive atmosphere, however the hours were irregular and unpredictable. The pay was also an issue due to the lack of work I was receiving.
Pros
correct atmosphere
Cons
unlikely to get many shifts