Londis

Londis Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate

Was fun but challenging at the same time
Was fun but often was challenged some times but overall I thoroughly enjoyed the experience given to me, I was given many things to do and even though some of these tasks were easy, the rest of them did challenge me and required a lot of thought process needed to be used in order to tackle these tasks methodically and to the best of my ability
Pros
Good timings in terms of breaks
Cons
Low rate of pay
Terrible environment
Pressured to do jobs that management should take care of & the management did not care about its staff. Working with customers are great but it’s the management that make you lose motivation to do your job. There are also no benefits of working there, you have to pay for your own food for your breaks and you won’t get a break unless you ask for one if the managers are around.
Unenojoyable
A typical day of work would be taking over from the previous staff member, doing til and paypoint x reads. Look around and ask the employee who I took over if anythig specific needs doing.
Good Job, Dire Management
I was employed in my local corner shop for a few months and I have never been employed by a more dreadful employer. Staff come and go, the staff that stay are unhappy and the manager works you very hard and is very very rude and derogatory towards staff.
Great company
When I started with a migraine they allowed me to go home and take some pain medication. They also allowed me to have lunch from their fridges meaning I was able to eat properly and they also allowed me drinks from the coolers.
Good
Shift work which was good as picked most of my hours.
Small team but all very friendly and had laughs while we worked.

Holiday was easy enough to obtain and time off was fair.
Fun and challenging
Fun to work with money as I’m good with maths, cleaning the shop was nice and easy the only difficult part wa handing costumes who was drunk and very demanding
Pros
Good breaks
A pleasant work environement
A typical day at work will consist of serving customers with a friendly face and re-stocking. orders are placed weekly so it is important to manage stock and make sure the correct stock is ordered. You have to be very self driven in this role to make sure the shop looks presentable at all times while simultaneously dealing with customer to a tight time schedule. The most enjoyable part of the job is working as a team and getting to know customers and making them feel at ease whilst they shop.
Despicable
I would not recommend anyone applying at londis on tiverton, the main bosses treat staff differently depending on who they like the most, no now who works there stays very long the shop is run illegally and all the "fresh" Food is out of date to the point fly's are in the sealed bags of bananas and carrots can be squashed in your hands. And all staff must put themselves in danger with shop lifters or rust getting a Disaplinary.
Customer Facing Role
Fine as a part-time job. Wages sometimes confused re: extra shifts not included. Some customers lovely, some tricky. Management mostly nice. I learned customer service and organisation.
Pros
store discount
Cons
Have to keep an eye on wage slip
fun, easy going
busy environment dealing with customers, stocking shelves, unloading deliveries. keeping stock up to date. the job could be fun at times with colleagues who are friendly
great place to work
great friendly place to work, usual work included cashing up, working stock, cooking serving customers
working on a naval base ensured a safe environment to work in
londis work experience
this was just work experience to get me ready for actual work as this was when i was in school and this store is run by my family aunts and uncles so there wasnt much work for me to do
Pros
free launch and drinks
Cons
no pay due to work experience
Fun workplace
- Performed the cashing up of the tills, producing reports and closing the store at the end of the night efficiently, building trust with my colleagues and management.

- Engaged with customers on a regular basis as a cashier, handling queries and resolving complaints effectively.

- Building rapport with local customers and assisting them during service.
Productive and fun place to work
i enjoyed my time working at londis it was a real experience for me the staff working with me was amazing they made me feel very comfortable when i joined the store.
Shop assistant
I learned to use a price gun, placing things on shelves and sorting into nice arranged order. Most enjoyable thing was meeting new people and making new friends, I also enjoyed serving and fillig empty shelves
Fun place to work
Arrive at work early in the morning, put out stock before the school kids arrive, stock and re-stock. Make sure that stock is constantly on the shelves throughout the day. Serve customers and assist with any problems/helping customers find items on the shop floor.

Learned how to use the till system, stock up properly, speak to customers effectively and work on my own/as part of a team

Management is great, get along together as it is a family owned store.

The hardest part of the job is when the school kids all rush into the store to purchase items before and after school.

The most enjoyable part of the job is communicating with different customers each and every day as well as conversing with regular customers.
Pros
Get along with the store owner
Cons
Constantly on feet (not that it is an actual problem).
Boring
I learned a lot of new skills working at this store However, it was extremely dull and boring and I couldn't imagine myself working in a shop full time
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Repetitive
Nice family
A very nice family Run shop in local area. Well know place been open 25 years by the Same family which are very nice people to work with and for at all times
Fin
Its a good job but not many custmers and wasnt doing very good the shop itself so just got boring for me so i just left still miss it through the work was a very freindly person
Cons
Not many hours only 9hoirs a day
Student Friendly
Very happy that they took me on at 17 and allowed me to grow throughout my time and have given my many opportunities and decided after two years to pay me the "adult" minimum wage which they dont have to and for that I'm grateful.
The regular customers make your day and the management always find you something to do as they dont allow for boredom.

Its a typical small retail job that is ideal for students and adults that are looking for an in-between job.

Most staff are local for ease.

However, they are not as law abiding as you would like and you do have to be careful that you aren't caught up in something you may find out to not be part of your working rights.
Pros
Christmas bonus
Cons
When you give an inch, they take a mile.