Londis

Londis Employee Reviews in Weymouth

Friendly place to work
Good place to work as its a relaxing job, nothing too hard but you do have to make sure that your jobs are done within your shift. Whilst working here i was able to open/close the shop, cash management and stock management
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Not enough hours availible
Not a good place to work
It was not enjoyable. Poor quality of work, bad hours and minimum wage pay. The staffroom was just a small tatty old room upstairs, we had to pay for our own lunch and it was always uncomfortable to be there.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Bad hours, low pay, terrible staff room, have to buy own lunch at work, bad working conditions in kitchen, uncomfortable, poor person management
Nice place to work
In my brief employment at Londis, it was a nice place to work. All of the staff were friendly. However at only just 16 years old then there was a lot of expectation to serve customers very quickly with the added responsibility of topping up Gas and Electric cards and keys, serving cigarettes and alcohol whilst under supervision which was a lot to take on with on the job training and no experience.
Pros
Very local to where i live
Cons
A very fast paced shop which didn't suit at the time
a good place to work
a typical day started with finding out my duties of the day whether i would be helping put out stock or being on the tills and swerving customers. i learned how to interact with customers and being in the bakery on the weekends.
first job
basic rate pay, no incentive to stay. I left here to go to uni, would never go back.