Londis

Londis Employee Reviews in London

Excellent employer, friendly staff and loyal customer base.
There is a lot to take in but with experience it becomes second nature and the days are always quick.
productive and management
Organizational culture, stressful day at work, I have learned the customer service and how to manage the cash and display the goods,
provided friendly the customer service.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
part time
Exellent
Great local store, opening times and stocks enough products for the size of the shop. Also comes with a post office,
Sells cheap booze and other stuff. I do subsequently find some items slightly overpriced for what they are, and they can be sourced cheaper at an competitors. Hence we try to mach it. Overall great experience working with them.
generally okay
On a weekday I had to be at the shop for 7 am.
On the weekend I started at 8 am.

Each morning I had the responsibility of writing my route for the houses that

had ordered a variety of newspapers and magazines. I had to make sure that

the papers I delivered were not creased by taking extra care with them.

In the first 2 weeks of working, I had to learn I've different routes before I got

my own which at first I struggled with but after a while, I eventually started to

get used to them.

On rare occasions where I bumped into the tenants of the homes, I was

delivering to they always reported back to my boss about how polite and

friendly I was.

After six months I decided that I needed to put my GCSE's first so I gave up

my job.
Fun and challenging
Fun to work with money as I’m good with maths, cleaning the shop was nice and easy the only difficult part wa handing costumes who was drunk and very demanding
Pros
Good breaks
hard worker
: Till Operations and Stock Management. Sorting incoming and
outgoing stock in the system and assisting with various roles around the shop need to work on the floor cleaning move stuff working on the till
Working for the first time outside home country
Londis being a provision store, a regular day would start at 8am.
Opening up and getting it ready for the customers to get their daily necessities.

Leaning how to assist customers as well as making sure that everything is in place, multitasking. Placing orders, getting great deals and bargains.

Enjoyable part is interacting with customers and helping them and making sure they are happy with the service provided to them.
productive, fun
helped me to improve my personal skills as well as boosting sales and achieving day to day targets.
friendly team members

gave me the option to become a manager as I was trained

it was hard to achieve day to day set tasks but as we had a friendly environment my colleagues made it easier as we worked together.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Londis?
Happy work place.
Enjoyable, fun, happy place of work
Socialising, talking to individuals is a day to day part of the job.

Management and co workers were friendly and happy to work with.

Always remember to concentrate when dealing with money.

Enjoyable part is working with a great group, meeting nice customers.
Pros
Discount on products.
Cons
Can be long hours.
franchise not corperate londis
franchise owner isn't one for following the law, only seemed interested in his own life not his business or his staff.tho the shop used to and has lots of potential.
produactive
I worked part time in londis and I enjoyed customer service and with my collinune .I worked hard and I helped to customers.
Pros
I bring food from my house
Cons
8 hours a day
Londis is the UK bass retail store chain where i use to work as a sale coordinate and i had awesome time period over there. because i enjoyed a lot with costumer.well the hardest part of the job when delivery came to store and i had to managed all things.whereas, my co-workers were nice thay all from different country so i learned different culture .over all experience was great in London
good
it was very nice working there i have enjoyed my self i also have learnt a lot i say and talking to team members and customers skills have improved
Responsible for delivering a friendly service
Supporting the store team and manager to increase revenue streams and profit targets. Maintaining high standards of presentation and cleanliness across the store
Great Place to Work, Fantastic Ethical And Fun Atmosphere
It has been a great experience working in and around Londis (franchised). I have learnt many of my management practices from Londis and the people working around me have been very helpful and supportive.

Over the years working at Londis I have met many friendly people who have shared their experiences and knowledge with me in hand which has given me a great overview of the retail and wholesale sector. I started right at the bottom having little to know knowledge about the sector and now I must say, I have immense knowledge about the industry and how it plays a major role in our economy today.

I have adapted to work in many environments and working at Londis has so far been the best. The people, the work, the location has all been great and I am very pleased to be a part of such an establishment.

As an individual, Londis has helped in self development and understanding my true potential and capabilities. The atmosphere always changes from day to day from being a fast paced to a slower environment, no days are alike. With Londis you are constantly using and adapting different working methods to complete the objectives and tasks.

Londis has taught me about brands and power and how they portray their products and services to the customer and or consumer.

Overall my experience knowledge and attributes at Londis (franchised) have enhanced and moved from strength to strength. These are skills and qualities that are transferable and will stay with me always. I always believe that if you look for excellence success will be sure to chase you!
Pros
Location, People, the job
Cons
Occasionally very Long hours.
productive
i would get to the shop for 7 in the morning, then pack the newspapers in order of street in my trolley and proceed to my deliveries.where i would walk through around 4 streets delivering magazines and newspapers. it was a bit challenging at first to get up early,get ready and do my deliveries before school but i got used to the routine .
fun place to work
working in retail all this years i have learned many things about customer service. i learned customer service is the core of retail world.I also learned how to make customer happy in all the possible way to make them come back to the store again. There are many situation when customer are not happy with the service we provide and we try to make them happy with fixing their problems.there are many busy time when we cannot manage the pressure of work load and customer care.I have learned to be polite and deal with such situation calmly all this year.
retail is busy career. be it weekdays or weekends you need to be always ready to give your time for work.the most interesting part of the retail job is u get chance to meet with the varieties of people which i enjoy very much
Pros
you get to interact with varieties of people
Cons
retail is busy.
Enjoyed working for Londis
I have enjoyed working for londis. co workers and management are supportive.

I have enjoyed every part of the job. I found it interesing and challenging.
great employers
Learnt many valuable skills that not only helped me do my job to the best of my ability but will also help me in future career path.
sales assistant
christmas time

how to deal with customers

good policy for staff and organised well

well behaved, helpful

dispatch all products

deal with customers and work on computer
Pros
free lunch
Cons
timing
ok place to work
do lots of work for little pay.
management were old and rude.

co workers were mainly interested in themselves