Londis

Londis Employee Reviews in Liverpool

simple and easy tasks
I worked as a paper boy in Londis for just over a year and it was well worth the money as I only worked one hour delivering the papers in the morning of a Sunday once a week.
Pros
gave me a bag to carry my newspapers in
Cons
papers where quite heavy
londis work experience
this was just work experience to get me ready for actual work as this was when i was in school and this store is run by my family aunts and uncles so there wasnt much work for me to do
Pros
free launch and drinks
Cons
no pay due to work experience
A typical day at work, wake up at about 7 'o' clock and ride my bike to the Londis store, collect papers and deliver them before 8 'o' clock.
I learnt how to take responsibility of my customers newspapers and how to create satisfaction for them. The culture was great everyone was always positive, even in the morning. The hardest part of my job was Saturday mornings because, the papers are heavier as many magazines are posted on Saturday's included in the newspapers. The most enjoyable part was sometimes having a chat with the customers and socialising.
Pros
Every now and then sometimes I recieved tips.
Cons
You have to do the paper round, no matter the weather.
Lovely staff
The staff and management here were very nice to work with, the job is hard at times but enjoyable, the customers however could be very challenging at times
Pros
Nice place to work
Cons
Working hours not great
Early morning work.
At Londis I worked one day a week as a Paper Delivery person. This is a very useful job as it gives me an income to afford small things such as a day out or a present however I work the hours of 6:30am to 8am which can be tiring. It is definitely worth waking up early for the money I am being paid.
Pros
One day a week
Cons
Early hours
Fun workplace
Brilliant Job, Friendly Co Workers, I Enjoyed Working With The Boss He Was A Good Laugh.
Pros
Free Lunches
very slow work
not enough customers days went slowly we had to stay on the tills a all times
Pros
Cons
late nights