Londis

Londis Employee Reviews

They was very friendly they would.help you if you couldnt find anything. They respect that some people go at their oen pace whilst doing stufftl. They are patient woth customers and workers.
Pros
Amazing.helpful
Cons
Can be a bit argumentive
The managers were lazy made us workers do all the work while they sat around and ate crisps because it was their shop they owned it all anyone did was moan and there was lots of shop lifting
They are very professional people.They hire on merit you don't need any refrence if you are the right one for the job.They will test your ability and will to sort out the problems.
The store Manager is just a headache in Grffin Londis (Park West). He just keeps on yelling on staff for no reason. Everyone working over there gets frustrated over there because of that Manager
Extremely unprofessional. No sence of hygiene or health and safety. Violent staff in the work place. No productivity scale. Future forecasting non existent.
Gave a lot of new experience with good colleagues and customers. The most enjoyable part of the job is cash handling which requires our full attention and concentration.
It’s a shop where you can get everything at any time. So overall grate for working and everything. No tips all good.
I had worked with this work placement for a year I had to leave the work placement as becoming pregnant but I had learned to work as a team and the hardest part was becoming over my fear with speaking to the customers but I had my fear overcome this thankyou for my old work placement so I have learned to have great communication skills and learning to work as a team
I enjoyed working at Londis, I worked there from a young age, the members of staff and owners are very friendly and helpful, I only left my position to take on another job.
Pressured to do jobs that management should take care of & the management did not care about its staff. Working with customers are great but it’s the management that make you lose motivation to do your job. There are also no benefits of working there, you have to pay for your own food for your breaks and you won’t get a break unless you ask for one if the managers are around.
A typical day of work would be taking over from the previous staff member, doing til and paypoint x reads. Look around and ask the employee who I took over if anythig specific needs doing.
Organizational culture, stressful day at work, I have learned the customer service and how to manage the cash and display the goods,
provided friendly the customer service.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
part time
Great local store, opening times and stocks enough products for the size of the shop. Also comes with a post office,
Sells cheap booze and other stuff. I do subsequently find some items slightly overpriced for what they are, and they can be sourced cheaper at an competitors. Hence we try to mach it. Overall great experience working with them.
I loved being a paper boy for the company and meeting all of my customers on my round, I always had help if I ever needed it which was not often. The other employees are very nice and the Management staff are lovely too.
The best part of the job was making loads of friends with customers, I went out of my way to buy customer things that wasn’t in the shop because manger wouldn’t
I was employed in my local corner shop for a few months and I have never been employed by a more dreadful employer. Staff come and go, the staff that stay are unhappy and the manager works you very hard and is very very rude and derogatory towards staff.
I enjoyed the review, giving good feed back, I enjoyed my time at londis and would go back and work for them, good company to work for, 100% good comp
Pros
Wages
Cons
Late shifts
I was only a paperboy so everyday was the same. I turned up to work picked up the papers and took my own route which suited me. This allowed me to finish closest to home.
The boss is very chill and easy to get along with. The job was fairly simple just stack shelves and do a tiny inventory check every so often to see if anything needs to be added to the store room.
This store was very enjoyable, the time went fast as it was a fast paced job. Constantly having to multi-task. For example, having to take in stock while serving customers.
Pros
Meeting lovely people.
Cons
They have great service to the whole of the village and excel in there jobs. It was a great work and all fellow staff are amazing and have a wide variety of skills