Londis Employee Reviews

productive and fun
Paper Boy (Former Employee) –  Canterbury16 January 2020
I loved being a paper boy for the company and meeting all of my customers on my round, I always had help if I ever needed it which was not often. The other employees are very nice and the Management staff are lovely too.
Customer great management not
Deputy Manager (Former Employee) –  Hornby4 January 2020
The best part of the job was making loads of friends with customers, I went out of my way to buy customer things that wasn’t in the shop because manger wouldn’t
Good Job, Dire Management
Store Colleague (Former Employee) –  Basildon, Essex2 January 2020
I was employed in my local corner shop for a few months and I have never been employed by a more dreadful employer. Staff come and go, the staff that stay are unhappy and the manager works you very hard and is very very rude and derogatory towards staff.
Very good
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newhaven1 January 2020
I enjoyed the review, giving good feed back, I enjoyed my time at londis and would go back and work for them, good company to work for, 100% good comp
Pros
Wages
Cons
Late shifts
Chill and great vibes
Shop Assistant - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Scunthorpe22 December 2019
The boss is very chill and easy to get along with. The job was fairly simple just stack shelves and do a tiny inventory check every so often to see if anything needs to be added to the store room.
Fast paced/Hands on.
Sales assistant/Cashier (Current Employee) –  e1 1jx20 December 2019
This store was very enjoyable, the time went fast as it was a fast paced job. Constantly having to multi-task. For example, having to take in stock while serving customers.
Pros
Meeting lovely people.
Cons
Great company and work place.
Paper Boy (Former Employee) –  Middleton St. George20 December 2019
They have great service to the whole of the village and excel in there jobs. It was a great work and all fellow staff are amazing and have a wide variety of skills
Customers made the job good
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Blackpool16 December 2019
Was a good job whilst i was there, was only temporary position, hours was not the best but the customers i had a laugh with was great. Would go back again.
slow paced min wage job
cashier/cleaner/shelf stacker (Former Employee) –  Rugby12 December 2019
slow-paced min wage job
very quiet and draining
ok for a first job
company is nice enough
would recommend as a first job for someone who is young but not as a full-time job
Hard work
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fairford1 December 2019
My time at londis was very hard work you need to be physicality fit to work here lots of heavy lifting daily. you dont really stop from the time you start until you finish .your tasks for the day are sometimes are impossible to complete on your shift .
consistency and productive
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Basildon, Essex27 November 2019
this job role was very interesting with great atmosphere and team effort. i really enjoyed my experience working here with great people, it also built a large amount of my confidence with new people.
I very much like working at Londis.
Paper Girl (Current Employee) –  Leigh-on-Sea, Essex24 November 2019
Working at Londis taught me how to meet deadlines and to work under a time constraint, I also like how I can work in the morning and then have my whole day to still spend time socialising and doing other activities
Awful
Part time sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford24 November 2019
Boring, underpaid. Rude boss, no job security and not very ethical employer, always check dates when buying from here. For your own sake I’d recommend avoiding.
Average day
Cashier/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire6 November 2019
Too much work load for one person. Tried to save costs by giving more work to one person when work load should have been shared between two people. Salary was bare minimum
Community central
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ticehurst, East Sussex27 October 2019
This is a lovely community working environment in the heart of the vibrant village of Ticehurst. Customer service is a big part of the role. Locals are great.
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London26 October 2019
Excellent employer, friendly staff and loyal customer base.
There is a lot to take in but with experience it becomes second nature and the days are always quick.
Good
Paper Boy (Former Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire23 October 2019
Working with londus was only my first job amd was just to get a but off money. If you are looking for a part time job then londus is a good place to go.
Was fun but challenging at the same time
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gravesend, Kent14 October 2019
Was fun but often was challenged some times but overall I thoroughly enjoyed the experience given to me, I was given many things to do and even though some of these tasks were easy, the rest of them did challenge me and required a lot of thought process needed to be used in order to tackle these tasks methodically and to the best of my ability
Pros
Good timings in terms of breaks
Cons
Low rate of pay
Productive and fun place of work
Shop Assistant /customer service (Current Employee) –  Great Yarmouth10 October 2019
I enjoy working at Londis because I get to meet and build strong communication with members of the local community. Which has strengthen my Customer Service skills, Excellent training, Positive attitude, ongoing support from management and colleges. Every day is a different day at work, your never bored as always plenty to do. At the end of my shift I always fell, that I have been productive in my work and offered a excellent Customer service, which I have been praised for by customers and management. I am very happy to be a part of Londis group. Thank you for the opportunity.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Weekend work
Great company
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scunthorpe2 October 2019
When I started with a migraine they allowed me to go home and take some pain medication. They also allowed me to have lunch from their fridges meaning I was able to eat properly and they also allowed me drinks from the coolers.