Lockheed Martin
Information from Lockheed Martin:

Lockheed Martin Employee Reviews

United Kingdom102 reviews
Admin admin admin
Over the top in background admin tasks - driving costs up.

Earned Value Accounting on Projects so every minute recorded on a time sheet.

Matrix management setup - project driven - long term managers with perhaps limited knowledge of the outside world.
Hard work with internal staff
As an outsider even though I’m fairly easy to get on with the team did not particularly like outsiders or make me welcome even though I was brought in to assist them with their difficulties
I would not want to work for them again
A great place, with its own quirks
Lockeed Martin Ampthill suffered from some 'old boys club members' but recently has turned at least a slight corner towards its US company counterparts.
Good pay, a 9 day fortnight is something you never knew you needed and a very old but sometimes lovely site is a nice place to go to work.

There is improvement to be had, but is moving in the right direction
A step back in time
Toxic, acidic and blame filled, high stress environment hidden behind a thin veneer of "ethics" that can be used to remove any employee at any time, whilst protecting senior management. Senior Management operate in a vey 1970s mindset with more attention to filling in timesheets than quality of output or employee welfare. Pretty much a "taciturn bullying" culture supported in toto by HR who above themselves of any responsibility. Potential to be very interesting and rewarding if you can make it work for you - or if you like the "Gene Hunt" style of management and leadership.
Bad Place to Work
It's really a bad place to work. If your platform CAM or Manager does not like your face. Then you are out. I got accustomed to the Manager telling me they were too busy to help and even does not reply to my emails.

They call in meetings and don't even invite me. I best thing for the company is to bring in open-minded management staff. Not the fools that are there.
Employee Vetting or Security Clearance is needed
As the employees may access confidential information of the company or its clients. Besides that the work environment was professional, supportive, relaxed and engaging
Productive place to work
I was a BA, sub-contracted via L-M to the Scots Gov. I found myself to be supported and encouraged while within the L-M envelope of the work committed
Defence is a slow beast
The company is involved in some fantastic stuff, however like all defence companies there is a lot of design justification required and therefore design is slow and steady.
Good company to work for
Interesting company to work for cutting edge technology from leading American company. Again i will just keep typing to reach the 150 characters so i can continue.
Ok
I was contracting with Lockheed-Martin and really enjoyed my time there. We had a great working environment and atmosphere amongst fellow colleagues. I would have no problem going back
Professional Company
Lockheed martin was a great place to work but as the shift times were 05.00 to 17.00 and I lived in St Albans the commute was tiring after a 12 hour shift.
Excellent place to work
I enjoyed every minute of my time with Lockheed Martin. One of my regrets in life is leaving to persue other avenues. The culture is fair and honest and they keep you updated with what's going on in other areas of the business.
High inertia to getting things done
Takes too long to achieve objections despite (or because of) onerous systems in place. Disconnect between teams leading to a reduction in collabration opportunities
Excellent and knowledgeable colleagues
The team at LM were knowledgeable, happy, friendly and productive. They all worked hard and were dedicated to making a positive contribution to their customer's business. While most were customer and delivery orientated, they were always willing to pitch in and lend a hand!
Good Team
Good team but I was a contractor so doesn't count
Typical day was core hours:

Learned about Airport business

Management was very pressured

Timescales unrealistic

The team was the best part of the job
Dont Join Them
I have worked for Lockheed for 8 years, unless you are in a certain clique and friendly with the right people you will be treated ufairly, you will miss out on promotions and opportunities. Good as a graduate as they put all their effort and money into given graduates oppirtunities anyone above that level will be treated terribly.
Pros
Good graduate programme
Cons
One of the worst places to work above graduate and below management
Professional
Great organisation to work for with very professional employees.
Due to being an extremely large organisation, at times as an individual you seem very small
slow paced
not a good workplace. No leadership, poor management and poor communication. Large staff turnover.

Workplace culture was very much in silos, not introductions to other teams and some very egotistical management, not supportive at all.
Great company culture
Working at Lockheed presented interesting projects while working alongside highly skilled, decent people. I learned a lot thanks to some great courses put on by the company. This was mainly because of the corporation being in some many business areas. The cheer knowledge wealth was amazing
Working for this company is a great experience. With the experience from the military this is definitely a great company to transition to. It's definitely a good company to make a long lasting career with.
Work Experience Placement
One week long work experience, observing working engineers and developing my abilities to assist in their military projects. Very good work ethos and everyone was very helpful.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lockheed Martin. Our community is ready to answer.
3.3K