LOCAL GOVERNMENT ASSOCIATION

LOCAL GOVERNMENT ASSOCIATION Employee Reviews

It was a great work environment with a fantastic support team. Everyone was really helpful and nothing was too much trouble when it came to showing me the job. All departments were incredibly friendly and helpful. I was made to feel part of the team immediately.
Pros
Supportive and incredibly helpful team.
Cons
A very fulfilling and rewarding work experience. A Goverment Department rmthat was very supportive and aware of social needs and provision of appropriate resources to meet needs presented.
Pros
Cons
Some risks but manageable
Excellent place to learn project and programme based working and policy development. Great salary provided and opportunities. Great people to work with. Did find opportunities were available more for senior staff than support staff.
Pros
Opportunities and salary
Cons
less opportunities for support staff
No typical day at work...opportunities to expand the role were always presented. Work life balance was very prominent My managers whilst self sufficient did rely on me and offered me projects to get involved in an amazing opportunity
The LGA is the national voice of local government. They work with councils to support, promote and improve local government.
The LGA is the national voice of local government. We work with councils to support, promote and improve local government. We are a politically-led, cross-party organisation that works on behalf of councils to ensure local government has a strong, credible voice with national government. We aim to influence and set the political agenda on the issues that matter to councils so they are able to deliver local solutions to national problems.