Local Care Force Employee Reviews

The best company to work for.
Nursing coordinator (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire6 June 2019
Working for this company is nothing but a joy.
If you are looking for a company to guide you and push you to advance your career, then this is a great company to work for.
This company really pushes for a work life balance.
I started out here 5 years ago as a Care worker New to Care, and I am now a nursing coordinator.
Pros
Management, work life balance, job satisfaction.
Local Care Force
Disability support worker/ Nursing assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds22 March 2019
Local care force are able to get you into work quickly if you need a job. They are an agency and there is some unpredictably surrounding your work schedule.
work life
Care Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Leeds10 December 2018
managers don't understand you and don't care about you as long as you overwork.
its meant to be a agancy when you pick and choice when you want to work but staff dont seem to understand that and are rude when you have to cancel a shift.
the hardest part of the job is going to new palce that are haorribe and you just get a treat like poo.
most enjoyable was training. the team was nice but its not worth it.
Cons
bribed
Productive and fun work place
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire7 February 2018
Loyal to their clients and staff. Flexible jobs available too. Reasonable pay rates and beneficial. Work as many hours as you like and always put their clients first. Very good service to their staff. No hassle!
Pros
Cons
Work as many hours as you like.
Lowest rate of agency pay
Former care assistant (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire15 January 2018
Mostly based in nursing homes. Do not pay any fuel allowences.
Plenty of work..if you dont mind being exploited for just above minium wage.
Office is diaorganised & blame you for their errors.
No support when disclosing some awful positions you will be put in.
Pros
Plenty of work
Excellent place to work
Recruitment Administrator (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire19 April 2017
One of the best companies I have ever worked for. They listen to your ideas and opinions. They help you achieve your goals and really help you progress in your career
Pros
Fun environment
fun to work with
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Leeds8 February 2017
this is an agency that provide work staff in the care industry. They have an easy set up procedure to get people into work, however a little bit disorganised at time.
Pros
process to starting is very simple.
Cons
not organised sometime
team work
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire25 January 2017
Staff works as a team, management are cordially and friendly, shifts are not enough for me to cover but it is manageable.
Pros
no free lunch
Great Company
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire20 December 2016
Working for Local Care Force has really allowed me to expand my skills and with the training on offer increase my skills.
I really enjoy working here and the office staff are always friendly and helpful.
TOP Agency
Support Worker/Carer (Current Employee) –  Leeds And Bradford, Yorkshire19 December 2016
I joined local care force around 11 months ago and its great. I get on really well with all the office staff and they always offer you a cuppa and a biscuit when you come in. The training was the best i have ever received and i will def be recommending people to them. I give them my availability each week and they do everything to give me the hours i want. Sometimes they ask favors but that's OK cause i ask them 2! The office is really trendy and stands out from the crowd. I love the variety of work i get and they always try to give me shifts near to where i live which is really helpful as i have to arrange child care.
Pros
friendly and approachable
Cons
Best agency I have ever worked for
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  West Yorkshire19 December 2016
I have worked for various agencies in the past and when i joined LCF i was still registered with two but that soon changed! Within 2 weeks of working for LCF i had full time regular hours and there has not been a week when i have not received the hours that i want. The staff are always friendly and welcoming when i visit the office and nothing is ever too much. They help me with arranging bus routes to get to work and always speak to me at least three times a week to see how i am. Best agency around by far :)
Pros
help whenever needed
Cons
nothing
Lots of work
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire24 November 2016
Got lots of work from these guys, but had the flexibility as well. Could work as much or a little as I wanted, never got pressured into picking up last minute shifts.

When I left due to been offered a full time role, All my paperwork/P45 etc. was dealt with quickly with no problems.

Have worked for other agencies in Sheffield before, but always felt that the people in the office went the extra mile for us.
Pros
Friendly, Lots of work, variation, Pay
Cons
Sometimes hard to get hold of after hours.
A good agency
Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire23 November 2016
I have worked for Local Care Force for 8 months and had lots of work from them.

Staff in office are helpful and I can contact them 24 hours a day. They give me lots of work and pay is ok.

I have registered with several agencies and these guys have given me the best service by far.
Pros
Good Variety of work
Cons
Very bad company to work for
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Sheffield4 September 2016
They don't do what they say. If you have any troubles at work like a client accusing you of abuse you did not do, they will not protect you at all, they will only tell you that you cannot work at that place any more as the company does not want you to work with them.

They have their favorites as well and they give shifts people do not want to do.

The worst is when I left the company because I could not trust them anymore. I had to ring and email the manager everyday for a month to have my P45. When the companies I have applied for a new job, Local Care Force refused to do the reference by giving excuses like a lot of employees need references and it takes time. The company I applied for and I had to be after local care force for more than a month before they do the reference. They lied to the company saying that they wrote the reference and snet it by email when they did not even do it. The company had to ring them more than 10 times before they send the reference by email.

Local Care Force is not reliable at all and they have a very bad reputation. They get a lot of money, double sometimes triple of the pay rate but they pay you only minimum or just above minimum wage.
Pros
Only bad points, I wasted my time working for them but had valuable work experience
Cons
Very bad agency, Pay rate not good, Don't protect their employees, When you need them they won't take your call or answer your emails, All they care about is money not their employees, take time to give you a P45 or reference
Time wasters
Support Worker/Carer (Former Employee) –  Sheffield20 May 2016
They do nothing but make excuses up and drag things on, I have had my dbs back for over a month now and they won't let me start work for every reason under the sun. They tell me they will call back and never do, they are full of false promises and are a set of con artist out to waste your time and money.
Pros
Slightly better pay than some other companies
Happy environment
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Leeds10 May 2016
As you can see I have been with this company for quite some time which indicates that I enjoy the people I work with. The care receivers really appreciate what I do for them and I feel rewarded knowing I have helped these people at a difficult stage of their life.
No day was the same
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Leeds, ENG29 March 2015
Working for local care force allowed me to gain experience in many different health care sectors as no day was the same.The staff was very supportive and good communication conducted at all times.
Pros
Learnt about different health care sectors
good
support worker (Current Employee) –  leeds21 January 2015
I do love working for local care force,
ive been with them for almost two years.

I go day to day with shifts which has been no bother till I got my own place, even though ive had no trouble getting shifts, I sometimes work 60+ hours a week then I may only have 20 hours, and weekly payments I do sometimes struggle.

management are brilliant ive never had any problems.
I haven't really met many co-workers but who I have met have been really polite and good to work with.

hardest part is the travelling, as I could be in wakefield one day and then Pontefract the next,

the most enjoyable is all the people I work with, I enjoy meeting different people.
Pros
the different people
Cons
travel
human resources assistant
Admin assistant and trainee (Current Employee) –  leeds23 December 2014
I have 8 years work experience working in different line of work, my current job involves working in a busy office and dealing with different clients and candidates looking for work, i have developed interpersonal skills which i can use and reflect on my day to day life. i work with different people from different backgrounds and this has increased my problem solving in case of conflicts and other grievances that might arise, I have lot of good communication skills which is needed in this line of work. I have leadership qualities which i have developed over the years through university and work, I was always a leader through my university years, I used to deal with students from different backgrounds especially in group work and this improved my team working and time management to meet deadlines. the hardest part with this job is when you dealing with difficult candidates who haven't done this job for the because it involves recruiting people to work in various work sector in support work and It is quiet challenging, how you have to offer professional support to candidates and to make them feel confident. there is a lot of decision making involved and you have to consider rational thinking for the best option for different candidates with different needs. the most enjoyable part of the job is when all has gone well and no mistakes, this is the best moment for me.
Productive work place
Care support worker (Current Employee) –  Leeds, ENG2 December 2014
First week in care
I am looking after their health by monitoring their medication times, nutrition times and helping them for their body hygiene and finally support them to be independently looking after themselves, especially their health. This work provided me with the experience how to interact with real patents and provide them with the help and support they need to bring difference into their lives.
Pros
chance to make difference
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Local Care Force. Our community is ready to answer.

Local Care Force Reviews by Location