LloydsPharmacy

LloydsPharmacy Pay & benefits reviews

United Kingdom474 reviews
I'm disabled, i was given a bunch of work to do within my first day, control of an entire aspect of the pharmacy that the manager was doing themselves beforehand. I was fine with this, as I love a challenge, but I asked if I could sit down while I was doing some of the more monotonous work, and instead of being accomodating to my disability like they're legally obligated to, it was explained that it would be "unfair" to the other able bodied workers, and that someone who had the same condition as me was forced to work without sitting already, so i should just shut up and put up, or I "wouldn't be suitable" for the position (insinuating i would be fired for this reasonable request). I think that is unacceptable. I will be doing a followup about this personally, but be aware if you're disabled and applying for a position at these pharmacies, they do not care about your health and wellbeing. If I didn't desperately need a job I wouldn't stick with them, honestly.

The only benefits is that they are very accommodating with hours and travel time. They're desperate for employees, but don't expect that they'll value your health, despite being in a health care position...

They offer training after 8 weeks, for a higher wage, and potential advancement down the line. If you wanted to train in a pharmacy environment, it'd be worth doing, as some independant pharmacies wouldn't extend the same courtesy. All the employees I've worked with have complained about job standards, though, so don't expect to be pleased working there.
had a long way to travel to work, but the hours i did suited me.did learning modules via the pharmacy to nvq level 2.usually i did th same thing every day, whereas i would hav liked a bit of variety
Pros
good interaction with customers
Cons
long way to travel to and from
I only worked there for 2 weeks as it was my work experience placement as a GCSE student. Therefore I can't say about the salary or benefits but what I can say is that everyone who I worked with were very kind and helpful. Sometimes certain tasks can be tedious and require a lot of patients but you get used to the job and your co-workers help make the experience of working in the pharmacy even more enjoyable. Working in a pharmacy means working in a team, therefore you need to have good communication skills.
Pros
Friendly Co-Workers
Cons
Very Hectic in Peak hours
Used to enjoy working with Lloyds but now you are just a number and management don’t support you . Pay is awful . Expect targets which are impossible to meet . No staff and no back up staff to help
Pros
Cons
Salary
Poor minimum wages no payrises no bonuses, manager not bothered about staff as long as he looks good for the big cheeses. Colleagues nice and friendly but slag each others and customers off behind their backs.
Pros
Good colleagues
Cons
No pay rise no bonus minimum wages
never enough staff good job I worked with good support from all of my work collages managers never stay with the company so you are left with dealing with complaints
No proper management
stressful workplace

HR is not helpful

salary issues

No opportunity for career progression

There is no team work involved and is not encouraged by manager
fast paced environment with high levels of stress. Good interaction with customers and staff. Management was always pleasant to work with. good computer systems to work with.
Pros
company bonus scheme
Cons
long hours plus travel
I've worked for Lloyds for almost 2 years on a part time contract, people have left and when asked if I could have my contract increased I was told outright NO! I have also been told if I find a second part time job to make up my hours that would make me not flexible enough for the company and could put my employment in jeopardy.

My colleagues are great but for advancement or help you have no chance you are just expected to work any overtime they assign you and with no complaints.

All this is expected on a minimum wage with loads of high and quite unachievable targets.
Pros
An hour Lunch
Cons
Low wage, No advancement and No real support.
They pay very low, I think they offer the minimum wages from all pharmacies. It is a demanding job and you can lose your job easily because of customers, LLoyds does not appreciate employees. They do not offer anything apart of the minimum wages and they increase it after about one year with a few pences. I would advise: go for something else. They do not even give extra hours, overtime. They only allow 10 hours a week for all employees. So if you work alone, bad luck! If you think you are contracted for 20 hours and can have overtime, bad luck, not possible.
Very unhappy with the rewards.
Pros
Only passion for pharmacy
Cons
No overtime, low pay, multitasking for free, offended by customers and can do nothing, not a secure job
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at LloydsPharmacy?
the salary was very low as i was 17 years old but it gave me my first experience in the working environment. i learned what the pharmacy industry was like and how to work with new people.
Wages are very poor for the amount of work u do... U get more to be a cleaner.. no thanks in anything u do and no help from anyone!!.. there's not even much difference in a dispensers wage and a supervisor wage or the minimum wage!!
As a qualified dispenser, with over 15 year's experience in the pharmacy industry, I am driven by customer service excellence and am totally focused on giving my best to achieve KPI performance and grow the business.

I am a very 'people person' and I believe that engaging with every customer and building great relations with colleagues is the best and most profitable way to grow business.
Pros
Seeing the benefits to patients when we 'get it right'.
I had worked for lloyds for 10 years but then was made job less, head office offered no help what so ever to keep us in a job and told us to do it all our self.

yes i did learn how to be a dispenser with lloyds but was never offered or given any support to progress to tech . was made manager but wasn't offered any support was given a set of keys and told to manage .

My salary wasn't great for a manager and was told my pay would be reviewed if the job was offered to me permanently, when it was i got fobbed off and told silly excuses for the reason why they couldn't review it then we was informed we would be losing our jobs.

they expect so much for so little and don't understand your a human person with human needs .
Pros
hour lunch, tea and coffee on the company and the people you work with as long as they are good team member.
Cons
they bend over backwards to keep the wrong people in and job and let good staff leave the company.
Overlall this is a good company to work for as you can work your way up and there are chances to improve your learning. But they have tight hours so are put under pressure a lot.
Work experience at this company enabled me to grasp more, new information of which I had not previously acquired. It is the first to provide me with a different breath of new surroundings and has provided me with extra benefits such as the chances to acquire increased pay and holidays etc. Overall, there were no hard aspects of this job as it provided me with fantastic opportunities. However the company's structure could be improved; I recommend working here.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Enjoy lloyds oharmacy great career options can be stressfull and long hours. need to have a good work ethic and be hard working, interesting days every day, no two days are the same
Pros
development
Cons
salary
Opportunities to progress onto a dispensing course if desired. Staffing is bare minimum which creates stress, for the amount of work and nature of the job the wage is a joke
To start of don't apply for this company you won't get paid on time, they have a system that doesn't work and they are in serious money issues. The manging director walked because of all the trouble and worry!!! You get paid for the days you work not every hour. So for example in february you will very little in a way of wages. You don't get extra money if you work xmas day! So please take my advice don't work for this company it's a shambles.
Cons
To much to list
Minimum wage for the responsibiliy that you could kill someone. Poor management. No staff concern. Very little benefits. For further training you need to plead your case, as to why it benefits the business. Not you! On the whole it's not about the customer. It's about targets.
Pros
Cons
Long hours little pay
Never advice anyone to work as pharmacy manager, owful company to work for , every
Few weeks line manager changes , they are from non pharma background don't know what they are talking . They just put pressure on you for targets even without realising ground reality of no staff and staff turnover due to poor pay .
Salary is pea nuts considering amount of work they
Ask you to do , sometime you putting your license at risk as you checking 500 items in a day on top of other management and financial responsibilities and target to achieve with no support . worst company I ever worked in my life .
Pros
Cons
All as mentioned above