LloydsPharmacy

LloydsPharmacy Pay & Benefits reviews

Difficult to start and unaccommodating
I'm disabled, i was given a bunch of work to do within my first day, control of an entire aspect of the pharmacy that the manager was doing themselves beforehand. I was fine with this, as I love a challenge, but I asked if I could sit down while I was doing some of the more monotonous work, and instead of being accomodating to my disability like they're legally obligated to, it was explained that it would be "unfair" to the other able bodied workers, and that someone who had the same condition as me was forced to work without sitting already, so i should just shut up and put up, or I "wouldn't be suitable" for the position (insinuating i would be fired for this reasonable request). I think that is unacceptable. I will be doing a followup about this personally, but be aware if you're disabled and applying for a position at these pharmacies, they do not care about your health and wellbeing. If I didn't desperately need a job I wouldn't stick with them, honestly.

The only benefits is that they are very accommodating with hours and travel time. They're desperate for employees, but don't expect that they'll value your health, despite being in a health care position...

They offer training after 8 weeks, for a higher wage, and potential advancement down the line. If you wanted to train in a pharmacy environment, it'd be worth doing, as some independant pharmacies wouldn't extend the same courtesy. All the employees I've worked with have complained about job standards, though, so don't expect to be pleased working there.
Soul destroying
Stressful. Traumatic. Underpaid. Exhausting. Too much responsibility for wage rate. Clocking in and out system means you don’t get paid for hours worked. Not recommended.
Avoid
Minimum wage, overtime ban, management dont care about staff, understaffing is dangerous, being robbed every week, threats of closure, unrealistic targets and punished when you havent reached them, salary always wrong, hr slow and unprofessional
Wouldn't recommend working here
Salary does not reflect the work you do and management need some training. Healthcare partners on the shop floor work really hard and nice team but management are shocking.
Stay away from this company
Worked to exhaustion. You will be expected to work 60 or more hours paid for 40. No extra pay at all. Mangers are rude and don't care about any staff or how much they over work them you won't have time to see your family they don't stick to driving law hours. No one stays everyone leaves that's why they are always looking for staff. They offer benefits like health care but it's all lies
Poor pay for work expectations
The pay is very poor for the work expected and the experience required for the job. The working conditions are good and a lovely bunch of people. The support from the managers is good.
Poor management
Doesn’t matter how hard you work if your not the managers favourite you will not progress at all. It’s so busy and the senior staff members watch you work. The pay is min wage and you have no chance of getting any pay rises
Very good people good working place flexiable in timming

Never had hard time at work the manager was very good

Had fun doing statement reconciliation and always been on top of my work

Was given time to go and pray my prayers.
Worst company I have ever worked for by a country mile.
Worst company I have ever worked for, only interested in profit not the patient and defiantly not the workforce. Only pay minimum wage now and currently employing under 25s to pay even less. Impossible time schedules. The management are totally ineffective and the only thing they are consistent with is being deceitful. Nothing about the job description is even remotely true. Avoid at all costs. Despite this, the actual work with the patients is excellent and something I enjoyed but they deserve a lot better than this company is prepared to offer. No time is allowed to fuel the van up.
Pros
Meeting and working with patients, travelling around the north of England.
Cons
Long hours, ineffective management, cut-throat approach to a "caring" profession. Minimum pay
Think this company is too big for its boots
I managed to get a job here and was so excited. I had been reassured that I contact patients to make appointments so it would work around childcare. This is where the good bits ended.
Recruitment was a joke, with ‘pre-boarding’ losing information you sent and OH losing I formation. Communication from the company itself was extremely poor and the scheduling of appointments was ridiculous. I knew I wouldn’t be staying when shifts were mentioned and then when we were told not to divulge information about ourselves to patients or even make them a cup of tea. We were paid to administer medication and then move on, we weren’t paid to chat! Where is the compassion in that approach? You can maintain professionalism but still chat about general things I feel.

When I said I hadn’t been told about shifts I was told quite curtly that I had been told because the box on the form they fill in was ticked!

Expected to do admin work on a bank holiday but not bank holiday pay.

The perks would have been good and the people I did induction with were great but that’s it.

They have new inductions for nurses every month which indicates a high staff turnover. Also don’t believe the area you are covering, you’ll be expected to cover wherever you’re sent even if it’s nowhere near you.
Pros
The company benefits and the role
Cons
You and the patients become a tick box
Don't work here!!!!
i don't feel that the staff here are being looked after very well and the salary is below average i wouldn't recommend working here as it is not a great experience.
Busy place to work
I enjoyed working for Lloyd's Pharmacy, busy place to work, lots of benefits, a forward looking company, lots of opportunity for career progression and development.
Repetitive and boring
Being a Sales assistant, you will spend the majority of your day interacting with customers, working on the till and dispensing prescriptions. This becomes very repetitive and there are no real incentives working there except a possibility of a higher role in the future.

You will gain a very good understanding of medicines and their uses; helping customers is also a perk of the job.
Pros
Interaction with cusotmers
Cons
Repetitive, boring, no incentives
very productive and great to learn new things swell as learning from mistakes
a normal day at work is very productive, calm and enjoyable. I have learned new things such as; how to approach new customers everyday swell as doing a variety of new activities. The hardest part of the job is being under - pressured. the most enjoyable part of the job is learning new things everyday.
Pros
discounts
Cons
salary
Total exploiation of people - AVOID
Very poor management - communication and organisation, managers have no managing skills (company does not provide any training for new managers chosen) a lot of bullying going on that nobody does anything about (racism included), compounding unit rules are broken everyday which puts patients life at high risk,health and safety - slippery floors that management seems to ignore even though people have fallen many times and fractured their elbows or badly hurt their backs, a lot of pressure on workers and very low pay, targets nobody can hit (unless you pick your work and literally fight over it) lies about pay rise that never comes, favouritism (asking people directly to apply for ceratin position which makes no sense of a whole recruting process), absolutely no rewards for hard work that is done, but once you preform worse than the other day - you get bollocking, issues with car park, tax issues (which made a lot of people loose their benefits etc - disgusting!!!!) and many, many more.
Turnover of staff is well beyond average - all because of what I wrote above.

I have worked in this company for few good years and seen it getting worse. It USED to be a fun place to work at, where everybody used to be one team helping each other out, money was good (I started working there 8 years ago on the same wage they are offering now - which is a minimum wage!!!), targets were achievable and pressure was much lower.

If you want to stay happy and healthy - keep away from that place.

Total exploiation of people!!!!
Pros
Cons
all above
Interesting
Management is great, they are willing to help you learn and advance and the people I work with are all lovely and as you train your wage will increase as well which is a big plus. Only negative I have is they don't seem to have any full time positions, only part time and when you ask about getting full time hours they can't offer you any more because the company is on such tight budgets so can only offer part time or over time here and there, otherwise I really enjoy working here.
Pros
Get the opportunity to learn, Managment is really good
Cons
No full time hours, only part time work, no contract
Fun workplace
I enjoy working with the staff I do however I am looking for a career which offers more progression where I may not have to work my weekends, I am also not given breaks during work which is not convenient as I can work 8 hours and not receive a break.
productive and fun workplace
i really like it alot. i had so much fun helping old people and little kids. we sold loads of tissue boxes because everyone was ill. and we sold loads of baby products because everyone has a baby these days.
Pros
free lunches
Better career
I am working 7-8 hours daily and in total 37 hours per week. I love my job, but I feel that my education and experience are giving me better option for new job which will be more paid and better organised.
Pros
no travelings
Cons
no imrovment
Good company to work for
The Pay could be better for the amount of work you have to do,
Bonus would be nice
Never enough staff to cover sickness or holidays.

Would be nice to be able to keep staff,
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Pay
a job id never done before but enjoyable
had a long way to travel to work, but the hours i did suited me.did learning modules via the pharmacy to nvq level 2.usually i did th same thing every day, whereas i would hav liked a bit of variety
Pros
good interaction with customers
Cons
long way to travel to and from