LloydsPharmacy Employee Reviews

Learning Part in every stag
Dispenser (Former Employee) –  England17 July 2018
It was very good experience while working with big company.
we had good fun, culture of pharmacy very good.
we had all good memories.

I am thankful to Lloyds pharmacy for giving opportunities to work with them, and trues on me.
High expectations from management without giving the tools to comply
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gloucestershire16 July 2018
I started over 2 years ago and it was very difficult to meet expectations. Now, with the workload tripled and staffing hours cut it's impossible. So you get management coming in for an hour telling everyone what they are doing wrong and how to fix it. Then they leave without ever having to do a days work in store. It's all about the bottom line and blow the staff, they are expendable. I thought it good business practice to take care of the staff so they take care of the store/customers. Not so. We've had people with 15 years service quitting because they've had enough. We have irate customers everyday because their meds aren't ready due to the amount of scripts we get coming through hourly. Patients think if they put the repeat in at the doctors the night before it should be made up waiting for them at 8.30 the next day. The staff are great and we have a laugh sometimes, because if you didn't you'd cry, but morale is at an all time low. All this for minimum wage, or slightly above, for most staff. This is wrong considering the safety aspect the job entails. More and more mistakes are made due to not having enough staff to cope. If the powers that be don't recognise this then they're going to lose many more customers/patients in the future. When a pharmacist with 10 years experience has had enough, what hope is there. They can't keep training new people, from the ground up, and waste time doing so if people are not going to stay. Waste of time and money, with detrimental long term effects to all, including the bottom line. That said, training is non existent anyway. Staff are  more... expected to do their monthly e-learning at home now, in their own time and for no pay. Why should they when they get nothing but criticism. Maybe it's just our area, that has these problems, but my opinion is don't ever work here in its current state.  less
Pros
The relationships you build with staff and customers, and being able to support and help people
Cons
Many more than I've listed above.
Great Workplace
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds3 July 2018
A typical day at the pharmacy involved the following tasks; stock rotation, cashing-up, filing, bagging-up and handing out prescriptions.
The other members of staff were all very friendly and talkative, and helped to boost my confidence as it was my first work placement. It was generally quite fun to work there.
Friendly workplace
Sales Assistant (2 week work experience placement) (Former Employee) –  York3 July 2018
I only worked there for 2 weeks as it was my work experience placement as a GCSE student. Therefore I can't say about the salary or benefits but what I can say is that everyone who I worked with were very kind and helpful. Sometimes certain tasks can be tedious and require a lot of patients but you get used to the job and your co-workers help make the experience of working in the pharmacy even more enjoyable. Working in a pharmacy means working in a team, therefore you need to have good communication skills.
Pros
Friendly Co-Workers
Cons
Very Hectic in Peak hours
chilled type job
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Oldham27 June 2018
as i was still a child i was only on experience from school i didn't enjoy this type of job but the staff was lovely and friendly to myself and customers.
Awful place to work of late
Dispenser (Current Employee) –  Northants26 June 2018
Used to enjoy working with Lloyds but now you are just a number and management don’t support you . Pay is awful . Expect targets which are impossible to meet . No staff and no back up staff to help
Pros
Cons
Salary
Colleagues ok manager only bothered about himself
HCA/Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Scotland25 June 2018
Poor minimum wages no payrises no bonuses, manager not bothered about staff as long as he looks good for the big cheeses. Colleagues nice and friendly but slag each others and customers off behind their backs.
Pros
Good colleagues
Cons
No pay rise no bonus minimum wages
Bullying/intimidating management
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Wishaw22 June 2018
The Manager of a certain branch treating her staff poorly. She’s sarky, horrible, orders her staff about treats them like objects instead of humans! Unprofessional and unsympathetic. Doesn’t care about staff only herself.
Pros
Cons
Busy - unqualified unprofessional managers not people friendly hate their staff
Fun place onlt wh
Pharmacy Dispenser (Former Employee) –  Leeds19 June 2018
Don't encourage staff to move forward. Only look after who they want to defo have their favourites.your just a number at end of day. We had a really good team at my branch all worked together but still all got made redundant.
Cons
Not enough pay for what you do and the experience you bring to company.
Good teamwork
Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Camberley14 June 2018
-Helps in interpersonal development.
-Good teamwork
-CPD
-Good Support from central team
-Safer care studies
-NUMSAS
-Excellent customer relationship with pharmacy team
Hard work but very rewarding
Manager (Current Employee) –  North East9 June 2018
Working at Lloyds pharmacy can be hard work in the current business climate but is extremely rewarding as our patients and customers come first. Management has improved a lot and staffing levels are a lot better. Love the job, get on with my colleagues and support our patients. It’s all good.
Pros
Colleague development
Cons
None. Things are improving.
Enjoyable workplace
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Surrey2 June 2018
A good workplace environment, the people I worked with formed a very good, cohesive team, and it made every job that bit easier. It is a good place to work if you want to advance as they push for you to keep moving up in your qualifications.
fantastic Staff
Dispensing Assistant (Former Employee) –  North East Lincolnshire, Lincolnshire31 May 2018
Was a great place to work for with wonderful staff. I never imagined working there so long.
Expectation on staff for amount of work in a day became unrealistic.
No chances of real advancement.
Pros
great staff
Cons
too much expectation with little reward
Salary does not reflect work load
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  North Shields, Tyne and Wear28 May 2018
The pace and work load can be intense at times however the staff and customers more than make up for this. The company bonus scheme seems to change quite frequently which is frustrating.
ABSOLUTE joke of a company !!!
Dispenser (Former Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk20 May 2018
Do not work for this company!! Always understaffed , never enough time in the day to complete all nessasary tasks let alone what they want you to complete, Always high pressure for low wages .this is people’s health and medication we dealt with so unsafe to work in this environment. No support from anyone from line manager to area manager as they have no clue how to actually manage!!
I would never recommend working for Lloyds pharmacy to anyone!
Pros
Cons
Everything about company
Wonderful work colleagues
Dispensing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lancashire20 May 2018
After working for this company for 13 years I had to move away. My manager promised to check branches close to where I was moving to so I could transfer. When I asked if she'd had any luck I was then told to ring other branches myself. Due to her delay I missed out on a job, 10 mins walk from where I will be living. I am now currently unemployed.
Pros
Good work colleagues
Cons
Too much pressure for the pittance we earn.
Awful
Trainee pharmacy dispenser/ counter assistant (Former Employee) –  Ringmer19 May 2018
When I worked for Lloyds pharmacy, we were without a manager for a year. We repeatedly asked for help from our area manager but received none.

Somebody cried every day and staffing levels were kept at minimum. Half of the staff at my current pharmacy are ex-Lloyd’s and we will never go back. Sometimes the grass IS greener on the other side!
Enjoy my job at Lloyds
Dispenser (Current Employee) –  Middlesbrough8 May 2018
Very busy pharmacy,team are excellent and work so hard.Manager is a team players and try's to keep everyone happy and run the pharmacy. We all contribute to reaching targets which leads us to getting our bonus
Pros
Having every member contribute to getting bonus
Cons
Minimum wage for a qualification
hard place to work
supervisor/ dispenser (Current Employee) –  Mansfield1 May 2018
never enough staff good job I worked with good support from all of my work collages managers never stay with the company so you are left with dealing with complaints
awful company awful pay
dispenser (Current Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire30 April 2018
have worked for this company for 11 years and it gets worse all the time trained to be dispenser and am on minimum wage no pay rise nothing but excuses, stressful workload abuse from customers no support, targets to hit. staff shortages when you ask for support they tell you to ring other branches to beg for help when they are short staffed also so you dont get help ,outdated equipment ,computers slow and crash alot,no support from area managers all they care about is making money ,they push for more and more they name and shame branches who dont hit targets,no overtime allowed no time owed but you are still expected to help out i care scheme is a joke when they dont care about their employees im looking for another job and to be honest cant wait to see the back of this awful company i would advise anyone to avoid this company you would be better off sweeping streets
Pros
Cons
you name it

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LloydsPharmacy. Our community is ready to answer.