LloydsPharmacy Employee Reviews

Fun and Friendly work place
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester10 October 2018
I worked for a week from 9:00-3:00. I would first go into the shop and sort out the medicines. I would then look at the required medicine for the day then get it ready for the customers to pick up. I would also call customers to pick up their medicines and work behind the counter. The hardest part of the job was on a Wednesday because it was the busiest day and it was tiring but I pulled it off as I was unwilling to give up. My co-workers and boss were very nice and helpful. I learned to manage my timings and how to work behind the counter.
Pros
Appropriate working hours
Cons
Short lunch breaks
Bullies r us
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Chorley, Lancashire9 October 2018
I worked as a CSA for over a year.
Bullying was rife, management ignored it. I almost had a breakdown because of it.
Job was lovely but the environment was awful.
Pay was rubbish and the lazier you are the more you get paid.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Poor pay, pathetic management.
Interesting
Dispensing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Scotland7 October 2018
Management is great, they are willing to help you learn and advance and the people I work with are all lovely and as you train your wage will increase as well which is a big plus. Only negative I have is they don't seem to have any full time positions, only part time and when you ask about getting full time hours they can't offer you any more because the company is on such tight budgets so can only offer part time or over time here and there, otherwise I really enjoy working here.
Pros
Get the opportunity to learn, Managment is really good
Cons
No full time hours, only part time work, no contract
Loved it here in Hartlepool
Part Time Driver (Former Employee) –  Hartlepool5 October 2018
Not enough hours unfortunately so I had to look elsewhere. Lreally enjoyed dealing with patients surgeries and shop staff, the branches had lovely staff
Pros
Pharmacy staffs
Cons
Not enough hours
Management have the wrong priorities
Dispensing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Horsham, West Sussex4 October 2018
Ridiculously understaffed due to budget requirements, which made the workplace much more stressful for employees and dangerous in terms of patient health and safety due to the increase risk of errors. Would highly advise job seekers to avoid Lloyds pharmacy.
Cons
Understaffed
Too much pressure to hit targets
Pharmacy Manager (Former Employee) –  West Midlands1 October 2018
Way too much pressure to hit targets - sales, murs etc to the point it becomes stressful. Money isn't great either. And if you are not best friends with the senior management, do not expect to further your career here
enjoyable
SHOP ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire1 October 2018
spent 2 weeks doing various tasks in the pharmacy. it was work experience and was very enjoyable, issued prescriptions, handled stock deliveries and other tasks.
relaxed and welcoming environment
Healthcare Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands28 September 2018
A typical day at work would entail serving costumers at the til and giving out prescriptions as well as giving advice and helping costumers to look for what they needed. I also stocked products and alerted the floor manager when stocks were low. I also picked up phone calls and answered any answered any basic enquiries that i could for my job title. I also was familiar with paper work, for example filling out prescription forms and ensuring the data was correct, as well as printing out labels for the prescriptions. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the costumers and communicating with them. While working, i developed communication skills as well as working in a fast paced environment. I also learnt work ethic and how to address and speak to the public as a professional.
Pros
discounts on products
Cons
none that i can think of
Awful place to work
Dispenser (Former Employee) –  Hastings25 September 2018
Terrible working conditions. Extremely under staffed and staff are very underappreciated. I've seen many store managers, Area managers and Pharmacists come and go and have covered work in many different stores and none of them cared about the work or their staff. Company expects more and more work with hours constantly being cut back. Very stressful environment and has a nasty atmosphere no matter where you go. If you are considering working for LloydsPharmacy I'd strongly advice against it.
Pros
The usual holiday allowances and discount
Cons
Everything else
Only Thing Keeping Me Going is the Staff I Work With (warning: long review)
Dispenser (Current Employee) –  England24 September 2018
Over the past year or so there has been a gradual downfall in the allocation of resources and staffing to our shop. Pay has went up slightly which has been good, but overall the working conditions have declined. The pharmacy I work in is open long hours and also delivers palliative care pharmacy services, has around 150 patients on blister packs, over 30 people on addiction-related services, takes bundles of prescriptions twice daily from the GP surgery along with a once-daily collection from other surgeries that are local, does express repeat services on a weekly basis, and delivers medication to many patients. This doesn't even include the amount of people we have handing in prescriptions in and phoning us to query us about many things including stock and medication, which is a lot of people as we are more busy than many other pharmacies within our company. The staffing allocated for all these services to be completed is becoming something which I am becoming increasingly concerned about, not only for us as employees but for the safety of the general public. At night when there is somebody off and there is no coverage, the pile of GP prescriptions often cannot be done because 6-9 shifts will be completely consumed by answering phone calls and doing waiting prescriptions, keeping up with the demands of waiting customers. Phone calls can often take up to 10/15 minutes which takes away a significant amount of time from everything else that needs to be done, and I am often the only one able to answer the phone and do waiting prescriptions, which cannot be multitasked. Being unable  more... to do GP scripts also means we cannot then move onto other tasks like blister packs and express repeats, date checking etc.
Infrastructure is also not very good; management have put poor systems in place to ensure that pharmacies pass audits imposed by the company themselves rather than the general pharmaceutical council, which results in poor to very poor audit scores, then putting more pressure on managers, which is unfair because of the fact that we are doing the maximum of our own capacity just to keep the shop running, yet are blamed for the shop being in a poor condition, when more people are needed for tidiness etc. The pay situation isn't any better, people have waited months for a simple pay rise and have still been waiting on their risen pay being backdated since April; not only that, being underpaid is a common occurrence, and I worry for people who do not regularly check their pay within the company. I have seen my pharmacist become upset to the point of tears because of the sheer volume of work they have to undertake along with the number of people with discrepancies to their pay. Recently there was also a delay to pay, causing the potential for people to not be able to pay their direct-debits and be further fined on them as a result of late payment.
Luckily I work with a great team of strong, upbeat and cooperative staff who deliver the best service they can and make every effort to work efficiently, meeting the demands. These demands, as aforementioned, are placed by many people waiting on prescriptions, frequent phone calls, customers who can be vindictive and accusatory towards staff at times, not understanding that if there's manufacturing or supply problems we simply cannot source a medication, or we may not supply certain items to people due to the fact that they may need to speak to a GP first for the appropriate authorisation; essentially, it can be a stressful and emotionally demanding job at times, where customers don't always understand to a full extent why you need to do things the way that you do. The safety of those who receive our services is always and will always be considered paramount, however, workload vs workforce is creating more than just a hindrance to our ability to deliver full focus and attention because of the stress and overflow caused, making pharmacists increasingly nervous and unhappy about coming to work, along with other staff too.
Pros
Double pay for bank holidays
Cons
not paid for breaks unless a pharmacist, no coverage when somebody takes paid leave, poor staffing, poor payroll, bad working conditions, stressful, teams of staff vary between shops
Fun workplace
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Derby24 September 2018
I enjoy working with the staff I do however I am looking for a career which offers more progression where I may not have to work my weekends, I am also not given breaks during work which is not convenient as I can work 8 hours and not receive a break.
productive and fun workplace
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Preston20 September 2018
i really like it alot. i had so much fun helping old people and little kids. we sold loads of tissue boxes because everyone was ill. and we sold loads of baby products because everyone has a baby these days.
Pros
free lunches
Nice environement
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands12 September 2018
All staff were encouraging and helpful, which helped me become more comfortable. Taught me everything from scratch and gave me extra information. Staff were friendly and considerate.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Early start
Lovely Place
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rose Green, UK12 September 2018
I enjoyed working at the pharmacy and meeting new people. There was good chance to progress within your role and everyone was very friendly. Busy but nice job!
Mangement
Counter Assistant - Trainee Dispensing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds9 September 2018
pharmacy manager encouraged learning and career options in only a short period of time.
the pharmacy had lovely environment and was a great place to work.
support and help throughout employment and the push needed to make me want to go further and move up in the business
best job so far!
customers become part of the pharmacy family

although company itself may not be the same as issues further up the management line, which in turn resulted in me ending the employment
Pros
Great place to work and become part of the community
Cons
higher managers not very helpful with accommodating changes and needs
Amazing place to gain experience
Healthy Living Partner (Former Employee) –  Bridgwater2 September 2018
I found working at Lloyds Pharmacy exciting, with a myriad of great experiences. The management is good, although moving higher up does have its drawbacks. The culture within the workplace is amazing, with a happy environment, even when there are stressful moments. I started this job when 16, and never wanted to leave - even up to the last day there. I gained a lot of experience through working here, and had achieved a new qualification in doing so.
Pros
Good environment, staff discount
Cons
Wage wasn't always correct, some managment issues
Fun place to work
Relief Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire1 September 2018
Lllyods pharmacy is Fun place to work with good management support and working environment. Provided work life balance and gives opportunities for further development.
Undervalued
Pharmacy Manager (Current Employee) –  England30 August 2018
Always made to feel undervalued and that you don’t work hard enough. Constant cuts and held back from progression. Poor rates of pay. Struggling to recruit. Long term, loyal employees leaving regularly because the Company is just terrible since being taken over my Americans.
Pros
Customer relationships
Cons
Everything possible.
Working for LloydsPharmacy
Dispenser (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire30 August 2018
I worked there and gave them 23 years service loved my job, then got treated very badly when younger staff came in wouldn’t recommend them to anyone, they support the managers only not other staff,rubbish company
Pros
Was good
Cons
Bad management
Good
Medicine Counter Assistant (Current Employee) –  Staines-upon-Thames24 August 2018
Learning new skills all the time. Handling complaints from customers. Giving advise about products and prices. Dealing with the delivery. Stacking shelves.
Pros
New Skills
Cons
Working Bank Holidays

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LloydsPharmacy. Our community is ready to answer.