LloydsPharmacy Employee Reviews

Lovely Workplace
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Croesyceiliog North ED23 April 2018
A lovely workplace and friendly a atmosphere. A great company to work for and many rewards to the job. Lovely to see patients wellbeing become strong again.
Disaster
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London22 April 2018
Have worked with Lloyds Pharmacy for 5 years now and it's gone worse and worse. Your line manager is changed several times in the year and now we are having problems with pay for one whole year since the introduction of the new pay software, which requires you to sign in and out EVERYDAY ON TIME like a school register otherwise you don't get paid and even if you do it correctly there is always pay discrepancies which takes payroll weeks to rectify (if your lucky to get hold of them). Now they are deciding to role it out to all areas !! At this moment in time I can only count a handful of my colleagues who have remained, all the excellent dispenser and pharmacists have left and they are glad they did. The whole company is shambolic from top to bottom. They lack to understand that staff retention is what would drive them to succeed , instead they would happy to see you go (looks good on the P&L temporarily) and then waste money and time training staff which they then run for their life before their probation even ends. Lloyds Pharmacy is surviving on the thread line and soon they will collapse with the way they are conducting their business and management.
Pros
Cons
Lovely staff but they all left
I like the Team
Dispensing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ely13 April 2018
I like the team i work with, but i didnt get on with my manager.

I did enjoy doing my training, but didnt get much support at work while doing it.
lovely team, interesting work,
OTC and Dispensing assistant (Current Employee) –  Chichester, West Sussex10 April 2018
a typical day is pretty busy; electronic prescriptions coming in several times a day, prescriptions delivered from surgeries, patient repeat requests, plus shoppers bringing prescripitons. time management is key to provide a fast, efficient service. we all support each other swapping roles to cover counter and dispensing. the hardest part is diplomacy; when customers ask for their medications but the Drs haven't processed it and returned it to us. most enjoyable part is a clear dispensing bench at the end of the day
Getting worse
Dispenser (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London5 April 2018
It has good standards and all targets are achievable, all is good, but constant shortage of staff gives more pressure on other workers, work atmosphere is very tense and stressful.
Good job to grow your confidence
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire3 April 2018
working environment was friendly, good team of people. But pay is bad for young part time workers, store closing times make it difficult to work part time with sufficient hours. Dealing with customer complaints can be challenging, but this grows customer service and communication skills.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Bad pay
Good workplace
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London28 March 2018
No proper management
stressful workplace
HR is not helpful
salary issues

No opportunity for career progression

There is no team work involved and is not encouraged by manager
Fun place to work
Pharmacy Dispensing Assistant (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom27 March 2018
Amazing team of people, always able to help one another out, a vew busy Pharmacy, where in house training was readily available, as well as official training.
never dull and a pleasant place to work
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leicester18 March 2018
I was able to work with lovely people and gain useful knowledge. I only worked saturdays as a saturday girl and the day was long, with an 8 hour shift, but bearable. the management of the store was excellent, however the company as a whole seems to be unstable. I was made redundant by the company and unfortunately had to leave.
Time to change
Dispensing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lancashire17 March 2018
Unfortunately cost cutting measures are causing issues leading to a poor customer experience.
Senior management seem to have no interest in their staff at all now and little concern for the poor service the company is now providing
Communication Breakdown Overload
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Scotland17 March 2018
A typical day at work in Lloyds Pharmacy, as a Pharmacy Technician, OR a Dispensing assistant, will involve managing your daily workload and prioritising which parts of it you won't be able to achieve that day, along with which parts of the company's targets you won't be able to achieve.

The software used in the company's procedures is slow, unwieldy and prone to freezing or crashing, and sometimes the information put into it fails to show up when data is being analysed by upper management for reimbursement of services provided.

Generally, the workplace colleagues are great to work with, but upper management are much more likely to employ the stick rather than the carrot when "encouraging" the teams.

Liasing with other medical professionals and helping the customers are the most rewarding parts of the job, and being aware that you have managed to help somebody when they leave the shop.

The hardest part of the job is the fact that even at the end of what you might think is a productive day, you know that the higher-ups won't be very impressed at all and will probably point out everything you missed. Oh and the wages are very, very low.

The upside is that despite this, the job itself is a very fulfilling one.
Pros
Working with great people in the team, helping customers and getting to know their needs, contact with other professionals.
Cons
Low wages, high demands, top-down gravity-fed facal matter flow, poor communications and software systems. Unachievable targets.
GREAT first job
Sales Assistant/Medical Counter Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rainham, Kent16 March 2018
had a wonderful time here as a 16 year old working every Saturday

Friendly staff and a good place to work

learn so much and has definitely enabled my passion to grow
fast paced and stressful
Dispensing Technician (Former Employee) –  Bolton15 March 2018
good working environment, with excellent bonus schemes for hitting targets. Good interaction with staff and customers. Good learning prospects. Most enjoyable part of job is customer satisfaction.
Pros
bonus scheme
fast paced but enjoyable
Pharmacy technician (Former Employee) –  Chorley15 March 2018
fast paced environment with high levels of stress. Good interaction with customers and staff. Management was always pleasant to work with. good computer systems to work with.
Pros
company bonus scheme
Cons
long hours plus travel
productive and fun wotkplace
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Bolton15 March 2018
working in a fast paced environment amongst other staff. Dealing with medicines and cash in a controlled manor, following all heath and safety requirements. Good workplace culture.
Pros
company bonus scheme
Cons
fast paced eviroment, with long hours
Very busy Pharmacy in village
Dispensing Technician (Former Employee) –  Broadway12 March 2018
My day started Dispening prescriptions for customers. While I was there I gain Level 3 NVQ in Dispensing. My management were helpful. My work place culture was difficult. The hardest part of my job was not being able to implement changes that was needed. I enjoyed helping people resolve there problems which made me very happy.
Very unorganised
Health care assistant (Former Employee) –  Woodford Green11 March 2018
I was very underpaid and never received a rise from the almost 4 years I worked there.
I was normally a saturday girl but was keen to do extra hours.
From that they wanted me to work all day 8.45-6.45 monday -friday and 8.45-5.30 on a saturday. NOW wont give me any shifts at all!
Managers were always changing so there was no organisation. Colleagues wouldn't communicate with me so was always left clueless on certain situations with customers.
Also was expected to eat my lunch on the counter in between serving customers, on days with minimal staff. NEVER had my full hour lunch break, but was always taken off my wages anyway.
Pros
Not much
Cons
Too much
Not the best
Dispenser (Current Employee) –  West Sussex9 March 2018
Being taken over by LloydsPharmacy from Sainsburys pharmacy, management offered little to no help with the transfer. We were left to to figure things out for ourselves even though they have a different way of working.

I loved the people I worked with and and they did offer great opportunities to get higher qualifications.
Pros
Willing to better your education
Cons
No support
Very Poor and Unwilling to Help Progress
TCHCP (Current Employee) –  Shropshire8 March 2018
I've worked for Lloyds for almost 2 years on a part time contract, people have left and when asked if I could have my contract increased I was told outright NO! I have also been told if I find a second part time job to make up my hours that would make me not flexible enough for the company and could put my employment in jeopardy.

My colleagues are great but for advancement or help you have no chance you are just expected to work any overtime they assign you and with no complaints.

All this is expected on a minimum wage with loads of high and quite unachievable targets.
Pros
An hour Lunch
Cons
Low wage, No advancement and No real support.
Average workplace
Dispensing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hartlepool8 March 2018
Very busy day to day, serving customers and dispensing medications. Daily and monthly targets are top priority, line managers are supportive. Job can be extremely stressful due to time constraints and staff shortages. Two days are never the same and role is very responsible.
Pros
bonus scheme vouchers
Cons
low pay for level of responsibility

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LloydsPharmacy. Our community is ready to answer.