Lloydspharmacy Employee Reviews

Great company
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cowdenbeath, Fife12 January 2018
Great working environment and always team working and supportive. Management was always great and the HR was always easy to contact. Area managers were visuals regularly and supported their staff in all manors of work or personally when needed
Pros
Great company
Cons
No cons
Could be better
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside11 January 2018
Opportunities to progress onto a dispensing course if desired. Staffing is bare minimum which creates stress, for the amount of work and nature of the job the wage is a joke
wokrplace envioment
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Soham, Cambridgeshire10 January 2018
Work is some where you should feel comfortable at and should enjoy, I have learnt a lot over the years working for Lloyds Pharmacy. There is a lot off hard work involved as you giving out medication and advice to patients. The hardest part off the job I think personally is dealing under pressure, I really love working for Lloyds pharmacy because you learn something new and in a way you still help people.
Rewarding but stressful
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wallingford8 January 2018
You are able to learn a lot in a short space of time. Although, there's not a lot of variety to the job and tend to do the same things each day. Staff are friendly and supportive.
Pharmacy dispensing
Dispensary/ Counter Assistant (Former Employee) –  Totton7 January 2018
I was working pharmacy dispensing and part of a team in a small pharmacy where customer service and attention to detail was very important in preparing patients prescriptions.
Pros
low wages
Good opportunities to progress
Pharmacy Manager (Current Employee) –  Northamptonshire4 January 2018
Have worked within Lloyds for 14 years. Everyday is different and challenging. Lots of interaction with the public. My team are my family. Wouldnt want to work for anyone else
Pros
Staff discounts
Nice place to work
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool3 January 2018
Working for Lloyds Pharmacy was a great experience. I successfully passed my health care assistant course and gained an insight into how to assist with poorly patients. I enjoyed learning about this helping others makes me feel good about myself.
brilliant workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol3 January 2018
it is also quite quiet until peak times which is good to have it be a bit busy at times. the management there are lovely and wouldnt hurt a fly! they are so kind and would help you out with anything you needed. the hardest part of the job is when you cant find a patients prescription because the doctors havent sent it across. however it is a very good job! you also get to know everyone really well who lives around the area of the lloyds you work at, everyone is so loving and kind.
Pros
very kind customers and staff
Cons
long shifts on a saturday
Challenging
Relief Manager (Former Employee) –  Oxford2 January 2018
Nice company to work for. Always something to do for professional development and opportunities to rise up the ranks if you so wish. The staff are mostly friendly and desire to drive a patient centred care approach when it comes to dealing with customers.
Hard work, Busy, Rewarding
Area Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Devon and Cornwall1 January 2018
On a typical day I travel a lot of miles to support colleagues it can become extremely busy with demands. I often learn something new weather its to do with QP or pharmacy in general. The hardest part of my role would be the amount of driving as some days I could do 300 miles plus, most enjoyable part of my role is being able to help others.
Very poor and apppauling!
Pharmacist manager (Current Employee) –  Yorkshire28 December 2017
Very poor. Management do not listen only see facts and figures based on a robot.

Do not care about welfare at all. Always somebody else to blame. Do no listen at all might as well speak to a brick wall
Pros
Cons
everything
busy working enviroment
Medical Counter assistant (Former Employee) –  Crawley, West Sussex22 December 2017
typical day in a pharmacy, front of house would be to put the tills in, face up all items on the shop floor, wait for the order to be delivered, serve customers and help them in any way i could to choose the correct medication for their ailment, take prescriptions off them to be dispensed from the pharmacy.
Pros
great work team
Cons
alot of pressure
NEVER work for Lloyds!!
Technician (Current Employee) –  Scotland20 December 2017
Absolutely terrible company to work for, do not care one little bit about their staff! Recently laid off some very good managers who had been loyal members of staff for a long time with the company and then one day they are told they have to go. Totally callous company and at the end of the day you are just a number to them. No bonus received this year, no pay rise for two years, after five years working with them you receive one extra days holiday and another day for ten years, staff discount is only on selected items, staff are all on different pay schemes for doing the same job, they want as much out of you for as little as possible. Used to be a good company to work for but since Celesio took over they have been dreadful, they are the worst company I have ever worked for. Morale is extremely low, staff are very unhappy and feel forgotten about, particularly when we think about the ridiculous investment of Sainsbury's pharmacies and the dosette robot which has cost the company millions, no wonder the managing director did a runner! Save yourself a lot of disappointment and frustration and work for somebody else!!
Pros
Really struggling to think of any.
Awful Company.
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh18 December 2017
To start of don't apply for this company you won't get paid on time, they have a system that doesn't work and they are in serious money issues. The manging director walked because of all the trouble and worry!!! You get paid for the days you work not every hour. So for example in february you will very little in a way of wages. You don't get extra money if you work xmas day! So please take my advice don't work for this company it's a shambles.
Cons
To much to list
work experince
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire14 December 2017
i was sent to work at the pharmacy through school for work experience to learn new skills. I learnt how to stack shelves and was at the tills to help customers. I also priced the items.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Not a good company to work for
Dispenser (Current Employee) –  England8 December 2017
Minimum wage for the responsibiliy that you could kill someone. Poor management. No staff concern. Very little benefits. For further training you need to plead your case, as to why it benefits the business. Not you! On the whole it's not about the customer. It's about targets.
Pros
Cons
Long hours little pay
Horrible and worst place to work for
Pharmacy Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London8 December 2017
Never advice anyone to work as pharmacy manager, owful company to work for , every
Few weeks line manager changes , they are from non pharma background don't know what they are talking . They just put pressure on you for targets even without realising ground reality of no staff and staff turnover due to poor pay . Salary is pea nuts considering amount of work they
Ask you to do , sometime you putting your license at risk as you checking 500 items in a day on top of other management and financial responsibilities and target to achieve with no support . worst company I ever worked in my life .
Pros
Cons
All as mentioned above
Productive, friendly work place
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Worthing7 December 2017
I have been working there on work experience and I honestly loved it. although payment wasn't part of this employment I enjoyed doing the jobs i could do. the management there are AMAZING and so understanding which makes going there more enjoyable and fun
Poor management - don’t understand the business
Pharmacist Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London2 December 2017
Been working for the company for over 5 years and it seems everything is going on cycles. Restructure again and cuts again... no salary increase for my team over 1 and a half! Sad!
No motivation in the teams and the rate of pay for colleagues is very very poor comparing with competitors (boots). we train and coach new colleagues for them to go to boots and get better pay......
You don’t feel any support from the management teams at a regional level. is all about targets and goals.... everything else... forget about it.
Pros
Good values (on paper) but...
Cons
... no one lives them.
Dispensing assistant
Pharmacy Dispenser (Former Employee) –  Bristol26 November 2017
The branch i worked in for 12 years was superb, all women & very harmonious!!
The job itself was different daily, u learn alot about medication even on the shop floor & not necessarily as a dispensing assistant.
The sad thing is the pay, it doesnt reflect in the knowledge you need to work as a healthcare assistant (1step up from sales assistant)
In a nutshell:
Good learning job if u r interested in medical areas, u can get progressed to dispenser with RPS training but expect to do this in ur own time & the pay is ridiculously low for the responsibilty u have, u cant have an 'off' day or u cd potentially make someone poorly, other Pharmacies pay better than Lloyds.
Pros
20 staff dc
Cons
Pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lloydspharmacy. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9