LloydsPharmacy

LloydsPharmacy Employee Reviews

United Kingdom466 reviews
Training thorough
Pot luck if you get a good pharmacy and good manager. The company are good for their training programs and are keen for people to move up the corporate ladder.
Under paid
Manager at my store was unapproachable and moody. Hours were long with only a lunch break but no breaks on a 6 hr shift. Badly organised prescription muck ups and no support when dealing with problem prescriptions. Little training given just expected to get on with it. Very uncomfortable working atmosphere very two faced
Manager was terrible. The job wasn't so bad until she came along. And then nothing was worth staying. Unappreciated and dis not give constructive feedback. Not everyone was able to go above and beyond for the company but we did what was required of us. Manager was not accommodating.
Pros
Salary patient
Cons
Manager
Demoralizing
Pay is awful and if you start as a counter assistant it's virtually impossible to get a pay rise to a dispenser rate. I often work 3 shifts a week as a dispenser but still get paid the lowest rate. It's all about meeting targets even during this covid crisis time which has shocked me. No respect for staff under massive pressure even where managers and key workers are absent/shielding. There is a total lack of training and prospects with virtually no chance of progressing to an NVQ3 but they never tell you this straight, always 'dangling a carrot' to keep you hoping. I had high hopes for work in Pharmacy but I'm afraid this has died. There is a culture of
bullying and stress which comes very close to exploitation.
Sales assistant
I was recruited to help ..I the covid 19 situation to cover for sheiding staff .
The team I work with are extremely helpful and friendly .the team were always there to answer questions .and although I wasnt quite sure I was helping or hindering they assured me I was a help .which gave me confidence.

Took me a couple of weeks to get into

the role but after 4 weeks was feeling comfortable.
clueless management in liverpool area
Area management is shocking. Regularly bully staff, One manager has had 5 seperate bullying complaints from various staff members and nothing has been done. Payroll are appaling. Wages are consistently wrong every month. Hours are cut to dangerous levels and management couldnt care less. Only care about targets,not safety of patients or wellbeing of staff.
Awful management
Lloyd’s is ana company who’s upper management bully staff, worst 3 months of my life working for this company!! I walked out to have no job rather than being bullied by pharmacist/manager and also supervisor
Good
Everyone does the best for the patients, we work together as a team. If you have the knowledge then pass it on to others dont just keep it to yourself
Pros
Good company
Cons
Too far to travel.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at LloydsPharmacy?
Not a company to work for
Having spent most of my time in Lloyds pharmacy and being a very devoted employee I have come to the realisation that this is a company that is going down hill in many ways. The satisfaction I used to get from my job has now ceased to exist. The expectations of this company in regards to targets are extremely unrealistic at times.
Disheartening
Been with company 5 years took 4 to progress to dispenser . Team I work with are lovely but supervisor takes credit for doing all work yet other staff members work harder . Manager and supervisor lock horns and create as atmosphere. Pay is rubbish it is never right and when minimum wage increase you never get the difference increase so end up on minimum wage yet again. Management don’t care about staff just targets you are just a number and there is no support . Overall understaffed underpaid for a job that entails such responsibilities.
Pros
Cons
Pay, progression, no support
Very stressful no rewards
You work ur guts out this company does not care about the people they employ they are very quick to sack people even people that have been there for many years
Nice friendly place to work
Hours suited me mornings only no weekends. I dispensed medicines for the homes. This involved doing dosset boxes and also other medication. It was a small friendly shop and alot of the customers were regular. Nice to see familiar faces. The job also involved working on the till
Pros
Nice hours pleasant working conditions good management
Cons
No cons as such
Soul destroying
Stressful. Traumatic. Underpaid. Exhausting. Too much responsibility for wage rate. Clocking in and out system means you don’t get paid for hours worked. Not recommended.
Do not work for lloyds
i have been here 4 month.no training no support.pharmacists speak to you like your some thing on their shoes.management is a joke.bully and get promoted.
Pros
Cons
whole company is a joke
Great place to work, friendly staff and supportive manager.Ongoing training and development.Working with Pharmacist and team work promoting and encouraging personal achievements in all aspects of Health Care in the workplace .
Bad management
As a supervisor and dispenser for lloyds it was a great place because we had a good team However when our shop struggled our branch was sold .. The overall Tupe system was disgusting and lloyds never gave a 2nd thought about there staff !! Eight years of my life was spent working for this company and in the end it came down to meaning nothing.. I do have good memories for training and making long life friends ..
Avoid
Minimum wage, overtime ban, management dont care about staff, understaffing is dangerous, being robbed every week, threats of closure, unrealistic targets and punished when you havent reached them, salary always wrong, hr slow and unprofessional
Do not work for this company
The most target driven company I've ever worked for. They do not care about the service the customer receives as long as you hit there targets. 30 minute wait for a prescription is acceptable when there's only 3 people waiting.
Avoid at all cost.
Worst job ever
Worst job I’ve ever had. I’ve worked in many of their stores and it’s the same everywhere. Poor management, supervisors who sit on their backsides and do nothing but happily take all the credit for your work. No chance of progression, only thing the company cares about are targets and sending out several emails a day to remind you how rubbish your team are doing
Rewarding role, shame about office dynamics
A great job role & has the potential to be an amazing place to work. I could earn the same money for less stress stacking boxes in a warehouse, it's a shame the office dynamics aren't the way a professional office should be run. The job isn't for everyone, you need to care about what you do. None of the staff work there for the money, it's because they care about the work they do.
great love it
great place to work, they just need to pay more. Good work life balance and team culture.
Company needs to work hard to bring up to the 21st century but they will with investment.