Lloyds Banking Group Pay & Benefits reviews

Found 382 reviews matching the search See all 1,662 reviews
Great benefits
Senior Private Banking Administration Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham16 October 2019
Benefits are amazing good company with good pension and private health care. good opportunities to progress without the need of being qualified. Salary is well paid in comparison to other competitors.
Amazing colleagues
N/A (Current Employee) –  Nailsea, Bristol15 October 2019
The best thing about Lloyds is definitely the colleagues i have met some great friends for life. The downfalls are the salary and progression. Very under paid for what your doing and not much progression in certain areas.
First Line Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Leeds6 October 2019
At Lloyds Banking Group I work as a supervisor in the home insurance department. There is lots of room for development in Lloyds, either within the department or with other departments. It's a good salary for the work that is asked of you. The main downfall of the role is that staff motivation isn't what it used to be and a lot of people are always looking for other jobs. It is a very fast-paced role with back to back calls most of the day. You are expected to know all different types of home insurance policies and to be able to sell and retain these. The highlight of this job role is that it isn't based on targets. The management will look at your stats but if you are not performing as well as you could be coaching will be put in place.
Pros
Progression
Cons
No parking
Fun and friendly workplace
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sowerby Bridge, West Yorkshire2 October 2019
Lloyd's is a friendly place to work with rewards and benefits for the employees, during my time there I enjoyed the atmosphere in particular the people in my team. There were times i felt that the management could have been better in dealing with certain issues but overall it is a good place to work.
Fast paced target driven environment
PPI Case Handler (Former Employee) –  Chester, Cheshire30 September 2019
Fast paced target driven. Not for me as it was a completely new directions that I decided was not suitable for me. Long hours which interfered with my home life.
Pros
Salary
productive and Fun learning
Processor (Former Employee) –  Manchester30 September 2019
good place to work. Management is supportive. Good work culture. provide employment benefits. Sometimes need to work under pressure but that is not a concern because the staff is very supportive.
Only 6 month contract.
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Warrington24 September 2019
It's gone from good to worse. Organisation is not good. Shifts and holidays are on a spreadsheet. Was informed of bonus but not happened yet. Everyone is leaving that didn't get made redundant from previous contract
It’s ok
On-Call Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London21 September 2019
Salary is not good you get paid less
Work time is fine you will be done by 5 latest
Trainings provided
Good customers
No stress easy job
Great colleagues
hardest job you'll do but very rewarding
Phonebank-Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton13 September 2019
this is a very hard job i have to say, you have to learn a lot in training for you to understand your job fully. i wouldn't recommend the job if you're looking for a relaxed office job. the wages are great but you have to be certain in tis job and you cannot afford to mess up
Pros
good pay, extra pay for OT, team was okay, breaks
Cons
constant calls
Long working hours and not much time for socialising
Telephone Banking Customer Service Adviser (Current Employee) –  Newport31 August 2019
The salary is good as are the holidays but the long 9/10 hr shifts are a killer. You can expect to be asked to work 5 long shifts before getting a day off
Good work culture but unstable
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Chester30 August 2019
When everything is stable, it's a great place to work - good salaries and benefits, but they go through regular restructures which almost always invlve job losses
Productive and fun workplace
Compliance Audit Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cardiff City Centre, Cardiff13 August 2019
I learned many skills with computers and communication. I have become competent in multiple tasks and have been able to substantially improve my problem solving skills.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Travel
No progression.
Customer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Newport, Newport8 August 2019
I worked in connect (customer service, over the phone) for 2 years. I had a string of terrible managers who would mark me down for the slightest thing, where other managers would say I did nothing wrong. I was consistently asked to go above and beyond my job role but was marked as an under performer in a yearly review which stopped me progressing. Very good benefits and salary however. Also very supportive if you are in poor health/struggling with mental health. I was given time off with no hesitation plus they arranged councelling sessions for me when I went through a tough time.

Overall good, as long as they don't hold you back
Pros
Great benefits, flexible with shifts, great work life balance
Cons
Inconsistent management
Could be better
Compliance Officer (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire8 August 2019
A lot of what you do is about personal development, but people don’t seem to do the day job. Any promotion you go for has 100+ applicants and unless you know the hiring manager you haven’t got a prayer
Pros
Good benefits, work life balance
Cons
No chance of career progression
Very productive
Summer Placement Student (Former Employee) –  Bristol6 August 2019
Was interesting to see how the company was run and how they ensured it was maintained and organised. It was also interesting to see how many benefits are available to Lloyds staff.
Productive and hard working environment
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hove19 July 2019
Excellent benefits package
Good job work/life Balance
Friendly colleagues
Relaxed dress code
Excellent Location
Wide range of different departments under one roof
Pros
Good coffee shop
Cons
Parking limited on-site parking
Bullying and Mis-Selling
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  15/20 different locations across the South West16 July 2019
Having paid back over £6 billion to customers for the mis-selling of most products then that tells you everything about the Group I worked with for 17 years...when I joined it was a great place to work but the merger with TSB took the Company in the wrong direction and more and more key positions were filled by TSB Heritage staff.

So a culture of mis-selling arose and anyone who challenged the ethics were bullied and mis-treated at most levels within the Company.

I stood up to the practices as a Senior Manager and had my sales targets doubled and sales staff halved to put me in a position whereby at the end of a sales year it was decided I was not capable of doing the job I had successfully fulfilled for 10 years previously.

It took another 18 months before I could be finally be 'managed out' and in that period anything I raised with the HR or Compliance Departments regarding mis-selling to customers or the poor treatment of staff were 'swept under the carpet'

I find it amazing that you now see advertising campaigns from Lloyds where they talk about how they work with customers with mental illnesses and understand their plight and yet it was a Company that was rife with creating metal illness within its' own staff purely because they were not prepared to cheat or lie to loyal customers.

The present CEO talks about his own struggles with mental illness and has diligently carried out a review to eradicate future poor practices and ensured all customers were properly compensated for their mis-treatment.

However no similar review has been carried out looking at
  more... the staff who were mis-treated and that sums up the Group as it stands as at today....great online platforms...centralised processing with little or no customer contact/expertise at Branch level and experienced staff counting the days until they can retire.

Lloyds Bank today is a Company that cares a lot about its' corporate image but lacks the integrity to look back and look after loyal hard working staff who were so badly treated in the same period their customers were also badly treated.

It was forced to look after its' customers through legislation passed but its' staff was 'optional'...so it chooses to ignore them...
Pros
Good all round benefits
Cons
As explained
Great support
Fraud And disputes advisor (Current Employee) –  Belfast12 July 2019
Great place to work , very supportive management and understanding of people’s home life , good work life balance and a lot of room for progression within different roles. Benefits and salary are also great
Pros
Benefits, salary, bonus and great management
Cons
can be tiring and repetitive some times
Excellent working experience
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London9 July 2019
It is a lovely place to work and learn. There is a lot to do and the staff understand regulatory implications. The salary was painfully low and there was excessive supervision.
Pros
Every standard way of working
Cons
Excessive supervision and low pay
Flexiblity
Data Engineer (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester5 July 2019
LLoyds banking Group provide flexible working hours.
Pros
opportunity
Cons
salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lloyds Banking Group. Our community is ready to answer.