Lloyds Banking Group Employee Reviews

Great Place and Employer
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh11 September 2018
Big emphasis on health, family life and work life balance. There's plenty of outside work activities for staff to get to know each other. Lots of emphasis on charity work
Great Place
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh11 September 2018
Good work life balance, very family and health orientated. Big emphasis on attaining new skills and training, especially on improving and gaining new IT skills
Pudsey
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Pudsey10 September 2018
Not a bad place to work. There are some good members of staff who have a lot of knowledge and they have a wide range of experience. Fast paced moving environment.
Lloyds Bank
Bank Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London10 September 2018
Lloyds Bank is a standard retail Bank.
Its purpose is to provide Banking services and products to its customers across Branch and internet / mobile platforms.
Pros
Friendly Colleagues
Cons
Advances in technology reducing the need for staff
Work Experience Student (Former Employee) –  Halifax9 September 2018
At Halifax as part of the Lloyds Banking Group, I learned how to deal with customers e.g. greeting them and handling their problems. The workplace was very warm and welcoming, to all people customers and colleagues.
Pros
Late start
Cons
Tedious
Excellent Company
Local Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Southend, Essex7 September 2018
I joined Lloyds as Customer Service Officer in 1995, trained as Cashier/receptionist in a busy local branch. I had opportunity to progress to Local business manager in 2002 and was given full training for this position. I loved this role, talking to customers in branch and at their business premises. helping them with their business banking needs with Loans, overdrafts, insurance etc. I was made redundant in December 2017.
Not a caring employer
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands5 September 2018
The top management try and train their Local Directors in understanding and caring for their staff. However this does not filter down and you really are just a number. Left after 29 years as I was under valued and bullied. They allow this to happen and turn a blind eye.
Friendly interesting place
Senior Risk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire3 September 2018
Most days were spent analysing credit risk data and identifying areas of concern.

The teams are all friendly staff and management were supportive of sending me on training to improve my SAS knowledge.
Highly ethical and supportive environment
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Hampshire2 September 2018
It is a pleasure to work for a company with strong values and ethics, with a proven commitment to social investment and which genuinely places the customer first. This is a highly supportive company with a strong focus on team effort at both management and peer levels

I was trained to meet demanding standards of performance in a constantly changing environment. Initially, the most difficult part was the intense concentration needed for extended periods of time and, in that, the need to maintain constant awareness of Data Protection responsibilities. With time, however, I adjusted to the pace and content and have honed my skills in these areas as a result.

The best parts of the job are the challenges of effective customer interface and the time and priority management needed for optimal productivity. It gives me immense job satisfaction when, at the end of a day, I feel that I have learned something new and used that learning to the benefit of the customers and the company.
Pros
Unfailing support in "getting the job done"; clear feedback on performance
Cons
Communication of information necessary for delivery of best possible service was not always timely
Great for contractors, not so great for permies
PMO Analyst (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh31 August 2018
Great for contractors, not so great for permies.
Agile working, relaxed atmosphere if you do the job right.
Good share options and share match schemes (if permie).
G grades and above are a real mix of personalities but most are hard work. Try and avoid them if you can.
Pros
Agile working, relaxed atmosphere if you do the job
Cons
Constant reorganisations and restructures, resulting in constant fear of losing permie job
Tough targets
Case Handler (Former Employee) –  Chester29 August 2018
Worked on a contract for several years dealing with PPI complaints. Targets were challenging but achievable. Colleagues were good but could have done with more support from management and often felt unappreciated.
Okay place to work.
Telephony Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Pendeford, West Midlands28 August 2018
Started here when was Birmingham Midshires, now Lloyds Banking Group and your no longer a person, just a number!
Many changes not usually well managed.
Excellent place to work
Supplier support analyst (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh27 August 2018
Excellent place to work. Been there 12 years now and thoroughly enjoyed my time. Would recommend this company to anyone. Great people and superb working environment.
Pros
Great benefit
Good work experience
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Chester26 August 2018
Only worked there as work experience for my college course however it was fun yet challenging and an overall very pleasant experience, I really enjoyed my time working with them.
By Your Side
Senior Bank Manager (Current Employee) –  Merseyside26 August 2018
Challenging financial sector. Continued change. Enjoyable. Stretching. Regulated. Team orientated. Good benefits. Well known. Good reputation. Digital environment.
Good Technical Staff, chaotic management
Senior Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh23 August 2018
Interesting technical work, however chaotic management at most levels.
Gave the impression that all the managers were only looking upwards to see what pile of nonsense was going to be dropped on them next. The actual delivery of the work seemed to take second place to the politics.

Bright and airy workplace, good coffee and canteen.
Pros
Good team ethics
Cons
Long hours required and cliques abound
Great people and flexible working
Pensions Programme Manager (Former Employee) –  Halifax, West Yorkshire20 August 2018
All aspects of portfolio management including managing a team of project managers, pensions SMEs and data analysts. Working with multiple 3rd party suppliers to define proposals to deliver project objectives, prioritisation. Presentation to trustee directors and senior stakeholders
Difficult and understaffed
Complaints Manager (Former Employee) –  Rosyth19 August 2018
The company was difficult to work with and the turnover within the area grew from my arrival. New faces on a weekly basis. That alone symbolises it's a poor working environment.

The job it's self, Complaints Handling, can be challenging and with limited access to older systems and making decisions on wims are acceptable. I've worked in better areas within the group.
Pros
Local to home
Cons
Management don't care
Challenging and ever changing
Personal Banking Manager (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth14 August 2018
A tough, fast paced pressured industry but nice to be able to help customers on their financial journey, sometimes it is hard when you cant help people but when you do make a difference it can be rewarding.
Pros
Good company benefits
Cons
Work load and expected to work longer hours to get the job done
Brilliant
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Halifax, West Yorkshire8 August 2018
I've been a temp for 2.5 years and ive enjoyed every second of Lloyds. I am now moving on to new ventures due to ive never been made perm. good bonuses and brilliant colleagues.
Pros
collegues
Cons
temps dont get made perm

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lloyds Banking Group. Our community is ready to answer.