Lloyds Banking Group Employee Reviews

Some great people that make work fun with project related job security
IT Project Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Central London15 January 2018
A typical day involved morning project team meeting with the programme manager on progress, focus for the day, and any known blockers; work stream meetings with team leads on progress, RAIDs, blockers, and financial tracking; Programme/project/workstream admin; End of day senior stakeholder call on critical programme blockers updating progress, closure, and new items.

I learned how to manage a high profile, high priority, fast paced programme that was delivering technology which was new to the organisation.

Very political management due to the structure and nature of a complex large organisation whose environment is continually changing (governance, processes, tools, structure).

The hardest part of the job was the continual changes to your defined role and project personnel.

The most enjoyable part was some of the people you met and got to work with.
Great company to work for with good benefits and pay
Fraud Officer (Current Employee) –  Belfast City Centre, County Antrim15 January 2018
Good pay and opportunities to progress within the company, along with many benefits like reduced rates on products and base rate interest on mortgages
Pros
Opportunity to progress
Cons
Long hours on phone
Friendly environment although was 25 years ago.
Bank staff (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London9 January 2018
Enjoyed the pace of work very interesting and varied with a focused employment progression.The staff were friendly.Time planned duties.At the time I worked there we had no uniform think it is more professional now.
Pros
No bank holidays Good mortgage rate
Cons
Travel as I worked in London
Hard Work But Rewarding
Personal Banking Consultant (Current Employee) –  Bradford7 January 2018
My working day is filled with helping people set up accounts and offering assistance with running the accounts they already have . I regularly deal with new credit card, current or savings accounts, as well as loans and agreement-in-principle for mortgage customers. Also, setting up online banking and helping setup the smartphone banking apps. Additionally, I am able to help people if they come up against financial problems.
Pros
Job Satisfaction
Relaxed workplace, but could do better!
CALL CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh6 January 2018
The initial training was lacking, which made getting to know the job difficult. However there is a lot of support in place during the work day which makes up for that. It is generally a supportive workplace, however this varies massively depending on the manager, some of whom can be overly strict and critical, even in the face of genuine illness. If you work there as a permanent member of staff you should be fine, but if you are employed through an agency as a temporary member of staff then be VERY wary!
good company
Complex ISA Processor (Former Employee) –  Manchester4 January 2018
A really good job for students or lone people.
Poor working hours, minimum payments and informal request to work Saturdays and Sundays - also there was temporary job only
Pros
flexibility
Cons
minimum payments
Good
Payments Processor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands3 January 2018
Most enjoyable part of the job was the social aspect of meeting genuinely nice people and the free hot beverages. The negative aspect of the LBG was there was no progression potential.
Pros
Free hot beverages
Cons
No structure
good and bad
Banking Consultant (Current Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire3 January 2018
you have to work your socks off to be noticed, not just what's written in the job description. you have to go above and beyond your role if you want to get a good or strong rating. if you want to progress you have to take it upon yourself to look at other areas/departments or suck up to the manager. progression is NOT always based on merit
Pros
good benefits package
Cons
if boss doesn't like you, you can kiss your promotion opportunities goodbye
Good
Finance Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bristol3 January 2018
Good place to work. good lighting on the several floors located in the new build in Leicester town centre. good team with experienced members who.....
Creative work space
Model Office Team Advisor (Current Employee) –  Hove2 January 2018
reviewing customer accounts
speaking with customers
managing debt
financial advise
assess customer accounts
find solutions and new processes that can be implemented
Pros
flexability
Cons
low pay
Great interaction with people
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Redruth2 January 2018
Originally working full time, the work was interesting, meeting people, good managerial support and opportunities to have more responsibility. Share scheme and good pension with decent salary. After maternity leave, returned part time cashiering, change of culture within banking for hard selling of products, challenging targets and moving to different branches.
Pros
share options, friendly atmosphere, lasting friendships
Cons
Selling without belief in products
The most enjoyable part of the job
Bank Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London29 December 2017
The people are fantastic to work with and Bank gives a lot of support to develop colleagues at all times.
I have learnt lots of skills throughout my time here from customer services and sales to how we make customers better off.
Been through a cultural change with systems and merger its been a memorable journey.
Challenging but Rewarding Place to Work
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London29 December 2017
A large level of accountability is provided to employees. There is a lot of encourage to develop your skills and work on different variable projects.
Pros
Flexible Work Hours
Cons
High level of Governance
love the place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim28 December 2017
I had a fantastic experience their lovely people to work along. I learned different banking terminology I know understand the whole meaning of bank. I enjoyed dealing with frustrated customers as I always manage to turn them around.
Good company to work for.
Fraud Officer (Current Employee) –  Dunfermline, Fife28 December 2017
I have worked here for 11 years and its a good place to work, with great benefits. You get the chance to learn new skills and there are lots of benefits available to you. It is stressful at times as is any company. Over the past 5 years we have seen major changes within the group. This included redundancy and work moves.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Not the best training
Middle of the road
CSDA (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London23 December 2017
Not the best support fro management.Some managers work aabove aand beyond, others take a back seat.

Many occasions working beyond your role however not a lot of recognition or appreciation.
Good benefits, poor management
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Andover, Hampshire20 December 2017
You get many benefits from working at lloyds but the cons of how poorly the place is run and how undervalued the colleagues are outways these benefits
Pros
Discounts in shops
Cons
Very poorly run.
Flexible and supportive
Mortgage Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dunfermline, Fife20 December 2017
Deal with inbound calls from customer, would like their mortgage interest changed to the most competitive rate. go through their understandings of how it works and make them aware of their options. help them make a well informed decision
Pros
Very flexible and friendly environment
Cons
Park isnt very good
My Experiance
Telephone Banking Advisor (Former Employee) –  Speke20 December 2017
The job was a rather interesting one, consiting of a month of training then following that with the 2 months of work that i did, leading up to the total of 3 months of time that i spent working for them. In regards to the work place, the scedual was something to consider as it was planned by them and you have little room for changes as thats when they think they would be busiest. Regardless its a enjoyable job as you work with a team and you come to bond and have some laughs with this team in the time you spend working there. On the other hand their is the benefits which were quite limited due to my work being fixed term contract which made a few of the benefits unavailable to myself, Regardless the benefits are great and i would surely take on a full time role there if i could.
Lloyds Banking Group Customer Account Data Processor
Data Processor (Current Employee) –  Andover, Hampshire18 December 2017
I'm currently temping at Lloyds Banking Group through Reed Global.

My typical day involves data processing customer accounts. I trouble shoot account issues and if unable to resolve I escalate to a higher Department.

I have learned various processes using a variety of computer packages. In the 11 months I've been at Lloyds. I have been asked to train new temps and am waiting to take on a new responsibility in a different function within my team.

The management conduct weekly observations on our processes and in general the workplace culture is very positive.

The hardest part of the job is getting training time to move onto the next account process.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the team I'm associated with. They have been most welcoming and the permanent colleagues do see a variation of temps coming into the team and moving on.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lloyds Banking Group. Our community is ready to answer.