Lloyds Banking Group Employee Reviews

Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire19 June 2018
i do not wish to write a review but i will say t is a great place to work with a good inclusive environment. the management are great and you are treating very well.
Enjoyable workplace
Operations Support & Resourcing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cardiff18 June 2018
I really enjoyed working for Lloyds Banking Group and had a sense of achievement for representing the company. The work/life balance is a positive and I really enjoyed being able to raise money for charity alongside my role.
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
Long Hours
Fun
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  london16 June 2018
Best work place ever!I recommend anyone to work for Lloyds Banking Group as they have an awesome team and very good values.
Attractive salary and opportunities within the group!
Pros
free lunches
Cons
No advancement if you are young and a recent graduate
On Call Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Staffordshire13 June 2018
I worked here part time for 3 and a half years.

I loved the colleagues but found the managers either very passive aggressive or so relaxed and unbothered by your day to day activities that the only thing they seemed to care about was you getting in EARLIER than you start getting paid. You're looked down upon if you turn up on the dot.

Do NOT apply for an on call position, they use and abuse you. You will constantly be learning and therefore always rated as "developing" because they wont give you the hours to practice what you have been trained on. And will always promise you more but never give. Colleagues would often roll their eyes if you didn't know something.
Pros
Great bonding with teams, extensive training at the start of the job, good work/life balance.
Cons
Management is terrible and always changing, Management dont respect you unless you have worked for the company for 20+ years.
Poorly Managed
Business Test Consultant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London13 June 2018
Poor Management
No guidance to expected deliverables or timelines
Isolating work environment - teams all work in silos with no real collaboration
Lack of information disseminated to the team
Not for me
Customer Service Administrator (Current Employee) –  Scotland12 June 2018
My time at Lloyds has been unlike any experience I have had anywhere else. There are some good points, such as the stability of the job, and the people I have met, as well as the benefits. However, there is not much else I have enjoyed about my role in the last 3 years. I don't mind a desk job, but in my case, this role was highly repetitive, doing the same thing over and over again constantly each day, and in the building I work in is not managed very well. There are many people in the office that like this role, however, I am not one of these people.
Pros
Great team. Good holiday allowance. Great benefits.
Cons
Unprofessional, poor management.
Extremely high pressured environment
IT Technician (Current Employee) –  Pudsey, West Yorkshire11 June 2018
Typically working on multiple projects/pieces of work.
Processes are often skipped (JFDI pieces from higher management) causing issues down the line.
Colleagues are great and work well together.
Quite often have to work late / overtime to meet deadlines.
There isn't anything enjoyable about the job, too highly stressed.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Stress, hours, expected to work overtime and be on call despite contracted for a fixed hours!
Standard office environment.
Complaints Handler (Current Employee) –  Andover11 June 2018
The usual office environment, good place to work for. Only issue being job security as I’m in a contracting role, dealing with PPI complaints so would say around 2 more years of work.
Good UK Retail Bank
Credit Risk Analyst (Former Employee) –  London10 June 2018
LBG is a good place to work, however some of the work tends to be repetitive and fatigued bureaucracy means exposure to other teams is limited. Training is encouraged, both internal and external.
Customer and Colleague focus
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chester10 June 2018
Core business values require further development, however it is clear that colleagues and customers are valued and respected. Colleagues are motivated
Pros
Motivated colleagues
Cons
Ineffective governance
Very fun and friendly work experience.
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Belfast5 June 2018
I learned a lot about the history of Lloyd's Bank. I learned a lot about the life of work, as this was my first time ever working anywhere. It was quite challenging at the start, but once I got the hang off it after I was told what to do, it was smooth sailing from there. There wasn't much to do I had to listen to Call Operators taking different calls. I had to write down what I learned and I had to look out for the different things the operator done. The hardest part of the job was definitely the Banking Certificate I had to get by doing 10 different tasks at home.
Pros
Free hot chocolate
Cons
Very hot in office
Productive, balanced and fun to work in Agile
Senior PMO Manager (Current Employee) –  London4 June 2018
Open work culture, fun, balanced approach, valued contribution to product building, building in Agile in a organisation which still is predominantly in waterfall with legacy systems
Target based, busy environment
Graduate PPI Case Handler (Former Employee) –  London1 June 2018
Although job security/progression was fairly poor, the working environment was fun and lively. My fellow employees were amazing to work with and made my time at the company a lot of fun.
Fast Paced and Diverse
AML Analyst / Single Actor (Current Employee) –  Fife1 June 2018
LBG is a great employer to gain new skills and experience due to the ever changing fast paced environment.
Every team I have worked in has been welcoming, diverse and very inclusive of every individual.
The management are very efficient and pleasant to work with.
The hardest part of the job is keeping on top of your own workflow as there is so many different challenges which arise during your day.
The most enjoyable part of the job is definitely being part of such a great team of people.
Pros
Inclusive, Diverse
Cons
High Pressured, Demanding
Great work life balance
Complaints Handler (Current Employee) –  Cardiff City, Cardiff1 June 2018
A great diverse company to work for who look after their staff and customers
They fully understand that people do have lives and responsibilities outside the company and staff are also Parents, Carers and have outside interests so they will do their best to arrange flexible working hours to have a great work life balance
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Expensive Canteen
Engaging workplace
Banking Servicing Advisor (Former Employee) –  Belfast31 May 2018
I learned alot about time management in my time in Lloyds aswell as I learned of my own love for Starbucks coffee.

I built alot on my empathy skills in my time on the phone to customers as some were in tough financial situations.
Pros
Great Location
Cons
Long Hours
Mediocre Employer
Fraud (Current Employee) –  Belfast29 May 2018
Quite a demanding place to work, seconds over your break and your team manager will query as to why + is able to give you a warning if they "want". Very difficult to advance as they don't do pay reviews, you'll progress and take on extra work/tasks without a pay rise and lucky if you gain any recognition. Job is more ideal if you want to make quick money and would avoid if looking for a career.
Pros
2x overtime, above minimum wage
Cons
long hours, demanding workload, above average turn over
fast paced
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham28 May 2018
This company has been fine to work for. Can be very busy and staff including managers are moved around quite a lot. Lloyds like enthusiastic and ambitious people. Performance Management and career development is hugely important to the company.

Probably best for people who want to go into management.
Pros
Good rewards package
Cons
Complex and time consuming Performance rating system
Good Company But Could Be Better
PA - Trading Floor - Financial Markets (Former Employee) –  London23 May 2018
The day to day working environment was a constant challenge due to overcomplicated office systems and procedures

Staff genuinely cared about their jobs and wanted to do their best for their colleagues and clients but were constantly impeded by the above

On the plus side there was a general sense of camaraderie in that everyone shared the same issues and this generated a feeling of community spirit
Fun workplace
Customer service administrator (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh22 May 2018
Flexibility was excellent. Manager skills great. Most enjoyable part of the job was working with some people and learning new things each day. Comfortable working environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lloyds Banking Group. Our community is ready to answer.