Lloyds Banking Group Employee Reviews

Found 1,289 reviews matching the search See all 1,378 reviews
No support on moving forward
Customer Consultant (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire12 December 2018
Loved working for Halifax Bank only because of the customers walking through those doors. Overall management was very lazy and had no intention of supporting staff or customers. Everything was ‘numbers’ and ‘sales’ you were pressurised to sell! Sell! Sell! Although we were told there are no targets anymore. Everything was about management and how they could get a big bonus yet when our yearly reviews were given It all became about how we could better ourselves and how management could support us, this never happened. You just dont get a chance to work up the chain, its a dead end job although you are told differently on the interview. Staff bonus were scrapped but management had a big bonuses although we are the ones dealing with the customers face to face. Staff are not recognised for the amount of work they do.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Long hours, no bonus, no support from management, no chance to build on a career
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Copley, Halifax11 December 2018
I worked 9 to 5 with two fifteen minute breaks and half an hour for lunch. I learned two different packages relating to insurance and was communicating verbally on the telephone, in writing in letter form and by e-mail. Everyone there helped each other and there was a really nice atmosphere. All levels of management was friendly and approachable and never put you down but encouraged you to get things right by keeping everything simple. The hardest part of the job was the training and learning everything so quickly but I also enjoyed this part as well. The most enjoyable part of the job was when you had come to the end of a telephone call with a customer and they thanked me for being so helpful and patient.
Pros
Lovely atmosphere
Cons
Luch was over by the time I had got to the canteen and back.
Excellent role
MI Manager (Current Employee) –  Gillingham10 December 2018
Working for Lloyds is a privilege. Their work environment promotes minorities, lgbtqa, and women. They're very understanding, and help with mental health.
Tedious
Customer service advisor (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire5 December 2018
After spending multiple, years at Lloyd's i grew bored, there wasn't enough opportunities for development even, when i completed an apprenticeship, and was working on the ACCA in my own time. the same robotic routine deteriorated my mental health, which resulted in me being fired (which i insisted them to do) i just couldn't work in that environment. i just wasn't for me and i am glad i realized that. their was no sense of team work or belonging for me, Lloyd wasted my talents whilst they had me, i was more than capable to do more than just take calls. even though i hated every minute there Lloyd's taught me how to be a good human being, and i often find myself using my customer service skills on random people I.E "Hope you have a nice day" .
benefits
Cons
Good job but testing and hard work
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh4 December 2018
Lloyds Banking Group is a good place to work but is very bureaucratic and seems to be going down the route of one size fits all, they have their ideas of on how things should be done and don't really listen to their staff on what issues this may cause
Working for Lloyds
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Pendeford, West Midlands4 December 2018
Overall, Lloyds bank is a good company to work for. The offer a good pension, benefits, staff rates on mortgages and other things. However, in my opinion they could do better supporting colleagues with mental health issues. There charity of the year this year is Mental Health Awareness, and they really need to do better.
Pros
Benefits.
Cons
Support with mental health.
Great work environment
PMO Support (Former Employee) –  Southwark, Greater London26 November 2018
Welcoming colleagues. Lots of support and help. Very friendly working environment. When contractors had to leave and a permanent team came in, they disrupted work flow, therefore causing me to leave
Pros
Friendly work environment
Cons
New permanent staff
KYC Analyst Reviewer/Acting Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Manchester25 November 2018
it was a good place to work. I learned a lot- administratiion- working with people - KYC . The managment was supportive. I made a lot of friends. The hardest part of the job was the filing sytem.
Pros
Good location
Cons
career progression limited
Good but challenging
Internship (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol24 November 2018
I enjoyed some aspects of my role, but found the team I was placed in a challenge at times. I would work at Lloyds again, but within a different department.
Poor
Customer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Lewisham21 November 2018
No management or staff in branch, was left on my own on the counter from my first day. When I expressed that I think I need more support, I was promised members of staff would join the team next week and that we would then have a full compliment of staff. These people never materialised. A colleague then left the bank and was never replaced. Cover was never organised for holidays which then made the situation worse.
Meh
Personal Banking Advisor (Current Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands20 November 2018
Started with the company in 2015 in what began as a fun and dynamic job focused on improving our customer's lives. Then, suddenly, after a change in management structure etc. my job is now simply being a robot. I have been stripped of using my personality and caring nature in the way in which I approach my customers. The management all appear to be doing nothing but trying to justify their jobs between themselves (This means making the staff's lives difficult trying to implement their ideas and ignoring things that are not working. Such a shame, as I believe it is a great company but let down by inconsistent management and ideals.
Pros
Staff mortgage
Cons
Taken away staff mortgage
Great Organisation to work for
HR Business Partner (Former Employee) –  London19 November 2018
Allow for good work-life balance and a great culture to work in. I hugely enjoyed my time working at LBG. They provided me with excellent training and support to succeed in my role.
Poor don't value long service colleagues
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh19 November 2018
If you want to become depressed and stressed work for Lloyds group, they expect unrealistic targets and pay little for it, always cost cutting, managers are inexperienced, a face fits culture if it doesn't you will not get the same opportunity as others, with a majority of staff bringing in friends and family there is a cleeky atmosphere
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Metal health is affected
Lloyds bank
Personal banking advisor (Current Employee) –  Kent16 November 2018
The job was ok but I would like a fresh start. Stressful day and a lot of pressure for not the best money
I would like a new start to a career which I’m happy with
nice
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gillingham, Kent9 November 2018
nice place, nice people, got good connection with local charities , people always willing to help community, not always well run by management, stresfull
Good employer
Lead Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Leeds6 November 2018
Good employer With excellent business culture for diversity / work life balance.
Great team which and I have enjoyed working for the group for a number of years
Great Place
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Belfast City Centre, County Antrim4 November 2018
The vast majority of Call Centres are terrible.
Having worked in numerous, Lloyd's was by far the best.
I highly regret resigning.

Overtime was paid at double the rate (for a specified time only)
The training was excellent and easy to understand.
Management didn't just fire staff on the spot, they tried to support them as much as they could before firing.
Pros
Great pay, overtime, supportive management, progession opportunities, monthly fun events, free food occassionally
Cons
It was a Call Centre
Bullying is the mindset
Collections Advisor (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh1 November 2018
Working for lbg(blackhorse!) bullying and harassment is rife within the dept if you are off the phone for 30 seconds someone is over at you to see why your off the phone even if you are putting notes onto the system which you have to do, senior management don't care about staff only results which results in stress and depression being the main cause of colleagues being off sick, ans6they couldn't care less if they've caused it they will just do their beast to get rid of you and recruit some poor unsuspecting person into the job
Pros
Colkeagues
Cons
Poor management awful senior mansgement
Product Owner (Current Employee) –  Halifax1 November 2018
Lloyds is overall a nice place to work with competitive salaries/ packages. only downside is the uncertainty at the moment is significant, causing morale issues.
Great company to work for
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Gillingham, Kent28 October 2018
A diverse company who strongly believes in a good work/life balance and rewards well.
Invests in your personal development and offers a variety of roles.
Pros
Benefits and rewards
Cons
Job security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lloyds Banking Group. Our community is ready to answer.