Lloyds Banking Group

Lloyds Banking Group Employee Reviews

United Kingdom1,788 reviews
Found 1,788 reviews matching the search
Tough
The Job is great because we really make a difference to people lives. The shifts are not the best and the management is poor. You need to be a strong minded individual to be able to work here.
Great Placement
Excellent place to take a placement year as part of a degree to gain valuable experience. Extremely supportive network of managers and colleagues which makes it an enjoyable and educational environment.
Great Employers
It’s great, not to demanding no pressure. Great development opportunities. Recommend for career progression and driven to work smart not hard. Great teamwork and no hierarchical system.
Productive and Fun
The time spent at Lloyds banking group was Productive and Fun. I enjoyed my time as a Lead architect and enhanced both my experience and my skills. I was well rewarded.
Great place and company to work for.
Enjoyed nearly 3 years as a a finance contractor on 3 separate important projects. Working as a FBP in the change management team, I presented to stakeholders and advised of the project finance status on a regular basis
Big company thats lost its way to outsourcing abroad.
Lloyds have move to an outsourcing model at the cost of British jobs. It may have Lloyds on the top of your comms letter, but it is fact an Indian company who runs he show. Still, senior bods at LBG got their bonus for coming up with this idea that outsourcing would increase their profits. Most of the staff have a look of life being drained form them and the ones who still occasionally smile are waiting on their pensions and just keeping their heads down. Look elsewhere for a better life work balance and a decent employer.
Pros
You get paid.
Cons
Lots of internal role movement with odd promotions to people who are simply just there, but don't really have the skills.
I loved working for Lloyds. Great pay, staff mortgages and share save incentives. Would never have left if I wasn't made redundant. Would go back in a heart beat if a suitable job became available.
Excellent company to work for
The company hired me after the 2008 financial crisis to support customers experiencing financial difficulties at the time. For the next 9 years I was able to have a career progression being promoted several times. My positions were in Credit Operations first as telephony consultant and later as supervisor and analyst for telephony departments.
Pros
Internal promotion
Cons
Management culture
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Lloyds Banking Group?
London
Working at Lloyds has taken up 6 years of my life and it has been a pleasure. It has always been a place where I have felt at home and management always allows for a very healthy work life balance. I want to work at Lloyds in a permanent position as I know first hand that the perks and job security in a perm position is second to none.
Average
Found they are indecisive, not organised and sometimes use favoritism.
Some parts of the jobs were ok but as a whole I wouldn't recommend to a friend or want to work here again.
Management are awful
Poor management, got my pay wrong every month. The training is poor so when you acgually start your job there are many things you still don't know how to do. Also when you then ask for help you get staff rolling there eyes at you.
Quite boring. Same structure, meetings etc every day.
You are expected to be at the branch 30 minutes before you are paid to set up your till and have a meeting before the branch opens. Same at the end of the day. If the branch closes at 5pm you are paid until 5pm except you then have to finish off, often balance the till and lock up. At least another 30 minutes unpaid. Over the year about 200 unpaid hours!!
Buen ambiente de trabajo
Gran ambiente de trabajo. Todos los compañeros están dispuestos a ayudarte en lo que necesites.
absolutely terrible pay
Easy customer service administrative job. However, there is a large discrepancy in pay between sites. My friend at another Lloyds site, but also working in customer service, earned 25% more than myself and colleagues at my site.
10 years since i left but loved it there
I worked for Lloyds for 10 years, 10 years ago and loved it i sadly left due to redundancy while on maternity leave so had no option but they are fantastic to work for
Productive and fun workplace
I enjoyed working for Lloyds Banking Group through CAPITA Outsourcing and felt very supported by this Company by both Lloyds and CAPITA. I would find it a pleasure to work for CAPITA and Lloyds again. I am convinced that CAPITA Outsourcing would find me a Company as good as Lloyds Banking Group to work for again,
Lots of variety and a great place to work.
I delivered sustainable results in project management, operational excellence and transformation through forging strong relationships with clients, by understanding what is important to the customer, backed up by data, in order to transfer skills safely in an engaging manner
Work Hard and you get on
Expectation are high but if you work hard you can really succeed here. The environment sets a very high standard and you need to put in plenty of effort to be successful
Good for people for the less able
Lloyd’s is a slow paced and conservative. Poorly skilled employees many of whom have been there for donkeys years and have not worked anywhere else. This maybe due to the poor pay.
Pros
Easy life
Cons
Poorly paid, antiquated working environment, low quality staff throughout the organisation
S166 Review
Tough and challenging work on a Past Business Review. Had to adapt to changes in methodology and implementation at short notice. Involved the review of credit and sales files to determine the appropriate outcome.
Awful
Expected to live and breath the job. Reprimanded and disciplined for the trivial of things like being 1min late from a bathroom break.Expeceted to be a brown nose if you want any career progression and suck up to management on days off at social gatherings they arrange.Made to take part in charity events to make the company look good not you. Training is just clicking through techno babble on a pc for weeks then expected to know what your doing if you dont it's your neck on the line
Pros
Mon to Fri work
Cons
Poor training
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lloyds Banking Group. Our community is ready to answer.