Lloyds Bank Employee Reviews

glad I left
customer service (Former Employee) –  birmingham27 November 2018
poor management, expected to go in on days off, number of staff leaving due to management, early retirement etc are not being replaced. expected to work 12 hour days without lunch. morale rock bottom to the point of making me resign due to stress.
Pros
Cons
lloyds
Accounts manager
Accounts Officer (Former Employee) –  West Midlands20 November 2018
I worked at lots of different brances in the West Midlands. Some branches were nicer to work at than others. I worked there 20 years ago now so I am sure things have changed a lot sice I worked there.
environment
Complaints Handler (Current Employee) –  Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire12 November 2018
A very good work environment that strives on customer satisfaction and fairness with optimum quality.

Target based work flow and quality assurance emphasised
productive workplace
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London7 November 2018
valuable and productive work, that helped to understand a more professional environment and learn to correctly prioritise work, whilst sticking to tight deadlines.
Pros
experience
Cons
few
Friendly, challenging, boring
Bank Clerk (Current Employee) –  Plymouth17 October 2018
Getting started can be a challenge getting to grips with all of the different platforms that are used. Customer base is generally significantly older than the population average. as are most staff. pays well and isn't the worst can be dull.
Pros
staff are looked after by Lloyds
Cons
old customers, and boring
It's ok.
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lincolnshire17 October 2018
A good company to work for but work life balance and room for progression are limited.IThe reward from working with customers and helping them with that money worries is great.
Busy branch network
Customer Services Assistant (Current Employee) –  Essex29 September 2018
A busy and challenging job. Meeting lots of people is the best part and helping them with all their banking needs. You can achieve a great deal of satisfaction knowing that you have made a difference to their lives.
Great work place
Payment analyst (Former Employee) –  Cardiff20 September 2018
Lloyds was a nice place with very friendly people and staff, day to day targets were challenging yet rewarding, not much progressional opportunities within the business.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
difficult hours
A good place to work
Agricultural Relationship Manager Preston (Current Employee) –  Preston19 September 2018
Busy job with lots of travel. Large variety of tasks from risk management to sales goals. Increasing amount of home working which adds flexibility but can be lonely.
Pros
Variety
public interaction
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Haverhill12 September 2018
One of the best parts of the job is the team I work with, but mostly, I think its the interaction with the public. My satisfaction comes from helping them in whatever need they have.
Nice environment
Temporary Client service manager (Former Employee) –  Colmore Row29 August 2018
Great staff, good environment.

Very nice place to work, extremely professional. Lots of ways to progress your career. Good infrastructure so help is always available if needed.
Fun to work for
SME (Former Employee) –  Halifax, West Yorkshire23 August 2018
For the most part they are a good company to work for but I think that may be because I've had good managers.

There is a lot of politics at mid management level. The CEO at the top is brilliant but, when he was off ill, the company drifted.

Hardest part - trying to avoid the politics and just get down to do some productive work.

Fun part - the people.
I has served me well.....until now
Bank Manager (Current Employee) –  Midlands14 August 2018
Worked in bank (TSB/Lloyds TSB and Lloyds) since leaving school, and have enjoyed many happy years of a steady fruitful and rewarding career. However the bank is happy to let experienced quality people leave, through poor middle management, which is a little more than a 'club'. Serious trust issues within Local Director and Regional Director level and unethical management styles have lead to my acceptance of redundancy, hoping I will work my remaining 12 years or so with someone more worthy of my experience and talent.
Pros
Reward
Cons
Inconsistent and untrustworthy middle management
excellent
On-Call Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gwynedd6 August 2018
Fast paced, busy, and rewarding. Excellent job culture and values.
Customer service varies day to day. Always new challenges. Plenty of opportunity for progression.
Hard work but friendly and supportive enviroment to work for.
Collateral Controller (Former Employee) –  Hedge End30 July 2018
Hard work as mentioned above and it could get stressful at times however great people and great company culture.

The workload can be overwhelming at times but the management team and seniors are there to help support you when you need them.

You could have different experience in different teams so I can only talk from my experience.
Pros
flexi hours
Cons
Workload can be overwhelming
Project Coordinator (Contract) (Former Employee) –  London12 July 2018
Contract role - so no security
Good project to work for but you not evolved with all teams ant not sure what other departments do apart from yours
Good pay, good team
few years
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Reading12 June 2018
I had nice colleagues there with nice environmen... then they started closing down branches and started cutting off on empolyees and bonuses... shame that happened
stock transaction clerk
Senior stock transaction clek (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford11 June 2018
This was my first job from leaving school and the staff and benefits were excellent I found working there as very good life experience I only left once I started a family
Pros
It was right near where I lived so travelling was never an issue
Cons
The hours could be long
Good experience
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woodgreen, UK1 June 2018
I became more in confident in serving customers with different queries such as how to open an account, booking an appointment to apply for a loan, helping with online banking, fill in some papers, etc.
Fun
Credit Clerk (Former Employee) –  London15 May 2018
Enjoyable place to work, lots of fun had. People were great and made lots of new friends.

Learnt about the banking industry and salary was good.

Would work for them again
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Made redundant

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lloyds Bank. Our community is ready to answer.