Lloyds Bank Employee Reviews

stock transaction clerk
Senior stock transaction clek (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford11 June 2018
This was my first job from leaving school and the staff and benefits were excellent I found working there as very good life experience I only left once I started a family
Pros
It was right near where I lived so travelling was never an issue
Cons
The hours could be long
Good experience
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woodgreen, UK1 June 2018
I became more in confident in serving customers with different queries such as how to open an account, booking an appointment to apply for a loan, helping with online banking, fill in some papers, etc.
Fun
Credit Clerk (Former Employee) –  London15 May 2018
Enjoyable place to work, lots of fun had. People were great and made lots of new friends.

Learnt about the banking industry and salary was good.

Would work for them again
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Made redundant
structured professional business
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Stonehouse14 May 2018
It has been nearly 30 years since I worked for the bank and things will have changed massively but it was definitely a male dominated business whilst I was there.
Fun Workplace in the 1990s
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  UK11 May 2018
General administration and typing skills required. First out of school job, learning about the real world. Developed communication skills. Opportunity to progress in company.
Pros
Flexi time
good company
Printer (Former Employee) –  Kent26 April 2018
Very good management caring and helping the staff treating all with respect. very relaxed atmosphere and lots of benefits such as sports facilities. very good machinery kept in good condition.
Pros
a nice friendly place to work
Cons
poor wages for job.
Flexible working and good benefits
Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Hove, East Sussex24 April 2018
Lloyds are very flexible when it comes to working patterns and will try and accommodate a good work life pattern. Monthly meetings and coaching sessions really encourage you to develop further and learn more skills around your current job role. The work day can be varied between phone and paper work that helps split the day up give it more structure.
Enjoyable Experience.
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Solent, Hampshire18 April 2018
On a day to day basis, a customer adviser role at Lloyds includes talking to various customer covering a wide range of products, the hours and shifts are very flexible and the company promotes agile working. Overall I very much enjoyed my time with the company, however I do feel the opportunities for career advancement were limited.
Worshadowing (Former Employee) –  Exeter, Devon11 April 2018
It is not really a busy working place. Rather calming and organised. A type of working condition and environment i want to work in. I learned how the bankers use their computers to key in and records information.
Pros
In the city centre where everything is easily accessible.
Cons
Slightly long working hours
Fulfilling
Personal Banking Advisor (Current Employee) –  Aldershot9 April 2018
I work with customers on a face to face basis to help meet their stated and unstated needs. I make sure that my customers leave happy and fulfilled with the service that they have gotten from the bank.
Regret leaving
Core Banking Advisor (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow7 April 2018
I worked in internet banking with Lloyds for almost 10 years. Enjoyed every minute of it until the banking collapse happened. Wish i had stayed at this job but at the time i felt there was no security in my position anymore so i left.
Pros
Extra holidays
Great workplace
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Neath3 April 2018
LLoyds Bank is a great place to work, they give you great training and full support in your role. Excellent benefits. Good people. It's not a difficult job, but it is important to be thorough in your day to day work.
Productive work environment
Major Incident Manager (Former Employee) –  Central London25 March 2018
Hard workers but culture seems to be geared more towards individual performance and less about group, team and departmental progress. Somewhat lacking.
Pros
A good salary.
Cons
Not enough flexibility towards breaks time.
Redundancies
Associate Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Maidstone, Kent21 March 2018
I have worked in Lloyds bank for 10 years but have now unfortunately been given notice of redundancy, therefore I am now seeking further career opportunities
good workplace
People management (Current Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands16 March 2018
great place to work, I have been her for 10 year and I have gained a lot of knowledge and experience.

I travel 19 miles every day.
the commute is tiring every day but it is worth it.

we are not customer facing, but we deal with customers over the phone, as we have to be professional at all times
Pros
free parking
Cons
distance
Working at Lloyds Bank
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Clapham Junction, Greater London3 March 2018
A typical day at work in lloyds bank retail involves dealing with customers day to day needs and being the first point of contact for there banking queries. This experience taught me how to conduct myself in a professional manor at all times regardless of the circumstances. It is a diverse environment to work in with a good mix of staff and stakeholders.
Poor company changing for the worst
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire25 February 2018
Currently a csa and can honestly say that the staff are treated extremely unfairly especially on call staff. Used and abused it should state on the advert. There is a fair package as regards to the work benefits including health care etc (with excesses to pay) but the sacrifices to be made far out way. No work life balance and expected to go above and beyond the role and although the bank has made some changes to the wording they use in respect of sales it's still very much a sell to customers first mentality.
Very sad in this day and age.
Closing branches and making people redundant then in another breath recruiting more "account managers" and mortgage arrangers.... all sales but pop in a few csa to make it seem like it's not all about selling to customers.
Pros
A job.
Cons
Long hours, poor management from most levels, masked sales for service.
Fantastic job with great customer contact
Number 1 cashier (Former Employee) –  Covent Garden24 February 2018
This was my favourite job of all. I loved working in London the buzz and variety of customer was very challenging. Covent Garden was a very lively place to be and meet people.
Pros
Wonderful place to be and explore lunch times
Cons
One downfall for the job was bad transport into London on the trains
Lovely people to work with
Assistant Bank Manager (Former Employee) –  Various20 February 2018
Varied tasks and lots of support from branch management. Most customers very nice but some can be abusive. Very busy all the time and lots of change initiatives from the top.
Pros
Varied days
Cons
Days always longer than 9 to 5 and no overtime paid
PPI Contracting
PROJECT SUPPORT OFFICER/SME (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London15 February 2018
Work was quite repetitive, no real room for progression however the pay was very good considering the type of work undertaken.
Policies changed frequency on short notice which was frustrating
Pros
Good Pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lloyds Bank. Our community is ready to answer.