Lloyds Bank Employee Reviews

work experience placement
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, Devon21 January 2018
work experience placement so only attending for one week but seems great place to work, excellent high standard of customer service, very professional organisation. All staff were very friendly and the management team very organised and attentive towards me
Can be a great place to work
ABM (Former Employee) –  North West16 January 2018
Ethos is getting it right first time and making banking simpler for the customer.
Local/Middle management good to great
executive/senior managers are too far removed to understand the pressures on branch staff.
Most branches look after the staff.
Training is encouraged and mandatory training undertaken by all staff. Training can be rushed due to staffing levels which have been reduced dramatically over the years, however the training that is needed as systems change is ever increasing which puts undue pressure on an already stretched team.
Often word and actions of senior/executive staff create unrest in workforce.
Most enjoyable is the people in your team
Hardest part is pressure and abuse daily from customers which unless there is a violent incident is seen as part and parcel of everyday life.
Pros
staff benefits
Cons
executive management
excellent place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  London Borough of Islington, Greater London8 January 2018
Regular training was always given which gave me the tools to complete my role to the highest standards.
Customer excellence was always high on the daily agenda to ensure customers were treated as individuals and were fully aware of any products purchased to suit their needs.
Pros
Great place to work with motivated people.
Cons
n/a
great place to work
Senior Personal Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  London1 January 2018
Great place to work if you are ambitious and work hard
one of the few companies where you are promoted on merit and not based on who you know
at times yes you do work more than 9-5pm but its not unmanagable
Don't work for Lloyds I have wasted 20 years of my life
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gillingham, Kent14 December 2017
You will be expected to jump through hoops to hit sales targets.
Management will not care about your work/life balance.
If you take too much time of sick you will be put on formal warnings.
The only career progression is through sales or management roles.
Lloyds like making people redundant so don't be surprised if after 20 years of commitment you are made redundant because you have become too expensive to keep on.
Pay rises and bonuses are minimal or non existent.
You have to contribute to your own pension.
Terrible management
Cashier (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London28 November 2017
Forcing cashiers out of jobs
Management don’t listen
Bullying in the workplace
No work life balance
Working every Saturday
.....................................................................
encouraging
Review and Remediation Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Aylesbury27 November 2017
Past business review of investment products. Remediation and quickly moved onto telephone review and then managing a team. Opportunities on project to advance and use skills from previous roles. Encouraging as first contract and able to demonstrate skills and knowledge
brilliant place
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pudsey, West Yorkshire21 November 2017
amazing workplace, enjoyable and a pleasant envirovement to work at. team work is a must and building your way up is pretty simple how much effort you put in.
Pros
Enjoyable place to work at
self-development and confidence
On Call Customer Services Assistant (CSA) (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands20 November 2017
I was on call assistant so I was working shifts across Birmingham. Therefore, I was working alongside new colleagues each shift. I was a student during the period of this employment, therefore I had to take public transport to each branch, on occasion travelling to a location that I had not been to before.
This being my first official job, I learnt about self-confidence, how to approach difficult situations with ease and how to deal with different people on a daily basis.
The hardest part of the job was keeping up with new developments and new aspects of the banking hall or banking systems, having to re-educate myself on a system that I was not already familiar with, however, with support from management and determination within myself, I ensured that I was dedicated to expanding my knowledge and educating myself whilst putting myself in situations that were not within my comfort zone, which allowed me to grow as an individual and understand how to cope with pressure and under deadlines. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to talk to different people each day, I am a friendly and talkative individual and therefore I enjoyed being able to offer support and be a friend to regular customers.
Pros
meeting new people
best place I ever worked
Support Manager/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Southwark, Greater London20 November 2017
I enjoyed working at Lloyds Bank in the Data Centre and then to other offices, I thought they treated staff very well and wouldn't have left except that they promoted me to a project manager and I didn't enjoy that role
Delivery Manager
INFRASTRUCTURE DELIVERY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  CHESTER AND MANCHESTER16 November 2017
Delivering Digital Internet Banking is never plan sailing as its a 24/4 application and the scope always tends to change. However, I have managed to deliver within agreed timescales each week every week.
Lloyds is a pleasant place to work. I would certainly work there again.
Pros
Good working ethos.
Cons
N/a
Customer services role
On Call Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardigan10 November 2017
Job vacation.

States:

"Please note the salary will be pro rated."

Do you think they mean pro rata???!!

Who writes this stuff and then who checks it and signs it off?? A High Street Bank.
Horrible
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow1 November 2017
Never consider work life balance, dont give you correct pay, management are backwards. All for business not for staff. People are unfriendly and very robotic in processes.
Pros
na
Cons
lots
A waste of 10 years
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Staines-upon-Thames, Surrey30 October 2017
An organisation obsessed within a sales culture above all else to the detriment of its demoralised staff. Low job satisfaction, no real progression opportunities for the majority of staff. Management with no basic idea on how to motivate, effectively communicate and respect staff. Customers seen mainly as a target to flog whatever products are within the bank range, even if customers have no need for them or have been asked numerous times before. It is no wonder that banks have taken over from having a worse reputation than estate agents used to in the 80s and 90s. No doubt, they are hugely relieved.
Pros
Going Home, Annual Leave and My Last Day
Cons
Being An Employee Full Stop
customer Service
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Coventry26 October 2017
A Typical day at work is very busy and can be stressful at times , but also very rewarding . I like the customer facing part of the job and have met some lovely people over the last 23 years.
The hardest part of the job now is not enough staff and a lot more customers coming through the door.
Great Career
Personal Banking Advisor (Former Employee) –  Maidstone, Kent20 October 2017
Lloyds Bank offers a great career progression opportunities and allows an adequate work/life balance. Working in a branch is fast paced but throws up many opportunities to learn new skills.
Fun Team, Poor Management
Personal Banking Advisor (Current Employee) –  Retail18 October 2017
Great place to work. Promotions in retail are not based on merit though and experience and knowledge counts for nothing. Too many games played to keep you chasing carrots. Other areas progress much quicker.
Pros
Security
Cons
Long hours and lack of respect
Losing focus on what was once an inclusive culture
IT Consultant (Former Employee) –  North West12 October 2017
Lloyds is heavily focussed on cost reduction and control. Teams are frequently redesigned as the organisation tries to make sense of how it can find efficiencies in productivity which is often counter productive.
fun place to work
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands11 October 2017
doing my work experience at Lloyd's bank was fun and very hard working. There are many different way's to work there i enjoyed learning about them all
Pros
great workers
Good work enviroment
Fraud Investigator (Current Employee) –  Leeds City Centre, West Yorkshire2 October 2017
The team within the fraud department are very welcoming and attentive to new employees. The office is a relaxed atmosphere with a manageable workload.
Pros
Starbucks and atm machines on site
Cons
Do not recruit many permanent staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lloyds Bank. Our community is ready to answer.